Chapter 17

Baby, You are my Star...

Jay's POV

 

I left my apartment early this morning without Chaerin noticing and drove to the YG Entertainment Building. I really needed to talk to Jiyong about something before going further into my relationship with Chae.

I entered the fancy lobby and asked the receptionist for Kwon Jiyong. She gave me a once over before picking up the phone and saying something on the other line then hanging up. She nodded behind me and told me I could sit and wait so that's what I did. A few moments later Jiyong had entered the lobby then stopped in his tracks when he saw me. I stood up and bowed for he is still my sunbae.

"Jay? What are you doing here? Chaerin's not here..." He said somewhat confused. 

"Yeah, I know... She's still at her apartment," His brows furrowed at my reply.

"Then why..." He said trailing off. I took a deep breath and nervously  fiddled with my fingers. 

"I need to get your persmission and acceptance before continuing my relationship with Chae," There was two seconds and a blink of silence before Jiyong chuckled. "If you don't want me to then just say it. I'll--" He cut me off with a hand a smile still visible on his face.

"Come on, why don't we talk somewhere more private?" He asked and I nodded hesitantly. He walked back to the elevators and past it with me following behind. We entered into a small meeting room and sat by each other. His smile was still visible and it was starting to make me concious of myself.

"So?" I asked wanting to get it over with.

"I love Chae and all I want for her is to be happy and if she's happy with you then that's all I could ask for," I looked at him with a little shock at his answer. I thought I would have to convince him a bit more.

"Really?" He nodded his smile slowly fading away.

"Just please take care of her. If you hurt her, I wont be very forgiving," I became serious as he said those words.

"I won't ever hurt her. I won't let anyone or anything hurt her. I'll protect her, I promise." I replied looking straight into his eyes. He stared back for a few seconds before giving a firm nod and pushing himself up off the chair.

"Well if that's all then I should probably get going..." I stood up and followed him outside the room and back out to the lobby. He stopped walking and turned around to face me. He furrowed his eyebrows and looked down at his hand before looking back up again and hesitantly holding out his hand.

"Uhmm.... It was nice of you to come and... you know, talk to me... I guess..." He stuttered hand still out. I gave him a genuine smile and took hold of his hand giving him a firm shake.

"I'd like for us to start over... You know, learn to like each other for at least Chae's sake." I suggested. He chuckled and nodded letting go of our grip.

"That'd be great." He gave me one last departing nod before turning around and walking off to the elevators. I gave the receptionist a look before walking out of the building and entering my car. I sat there for a while then decided to call an old friend of mine to hang out.

 

Author's POV

 

"Hey! Jay! How's it going?" Jay clapped hands and gave a firm hug to his old friend. He was tall and had short, sandy brown hair. Like Jay he was buff as well but unlike him he was very famous and needed to disguise himself. 

"Hey man, I've been good. How are you and the boys?" Jay questioned motioning for them to sit on the tall chairs of the cafe. As they sat down a waitress came over and took their orders.

"I've been fine and the boys... Well beastly as usual" This remark earned a chuckle from Jay. There was a pause before he spoke again, "So Jay, I hear that your going out with CL" Jay gave out a nervous laughed and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Oh, uh, yeah. I am" He said with a shy smile on his face. The brown haired man chuckled and shook his head.

"I wouldn't have imagined..." Jay gave him a questioning look only earning a wave of the man's hand.

"Anyways, how are you and Vic?" Nichkhun's mood shifted from one of joy to annoyance.

"I caught her again." Jay gave out a tired sigh and looked at his friend sympathetically.

"Dude, you have to end it with her" Before Nichkhun could reply the waitress came back with their orders and placed them gently in front of the two men. The both of them said thanks, waiting for the waitress to be out of earshot before they proceeded with their conversation.

"I know but I just can't" He replied taking a sip of his smoothie.

"Khun, forget about the media--" Khun cut him off with a hand.

"I don't care about the media and 'ruining my image'," He said making air quotes around his last three words.

"Then why...?" Jay asked trailing off. Nichkhun put his burger down and looked at Jay straight in the eyes.

"Because I can't stand to hurt her. And I know what your about to say but I love her too much that she can hurt me all she wants. If it makes her happy to have me..." Jay shut his eyes and held up a hand in frustration trying to understand what he just said.

"Wait... So are you telling me that as long as she's happy you don't mind if she hurts you?" Jay asked looking bewildered at his friend.

"Jay, if you love someone so much you'll do anything to make them happy..." Jay wouldn't even let this sink in before replying again.

"So you don't care if she cheats on you?" Khun looked at him with glassy eyes and a sad smile.

"Mhmm..." Jay sighed and calmed down knowing he couldn't do anything to change his mind.

"Okay man... but just so you know, that isn't fair." He just shrugged it off and continued eating his burger.

"But take care of CL, ok?" Khun stated swallowing his last bite of his burger. Jay chuckled but nodded nonetheless taking his last sip of his drink. They stood up and payed their shares of the meal and headed outside the cool air.

"It was good seeing you again Khun,"

"You too Jay," The two said their farewells and departed in seperate ways. Jay in his car and Nichkhun in his van.

 

Jay raised a fist ready to knock when the door suddenly swung open revealing a dressed up wide-eyed Chaerin. Jay took his hand away and rubbed the back of his neck smiling timidly.

"Hey Chae, are you going out?" She nodded and shut her door locking it behind her. 

"I was gonna go run some errands." 

"Let me drive you!" He said already taking Chaerin's hands. She laughed but nodded and they both headed downstairs into Jay's car with smiles on their faces.


Hey guys, yeah it's been forever. This is like just a little short filler chapter. I've been busy for the past few months and I'm currently in the Philippines... I will be updating soon, hopefully. Just bear with me a bit longer, please?

Thanks! Love you guys! BAI <3