Chapter 18

Baby, You are my Star...

3 years later

Author's POV

More than a year has past since the two have been together. All has been well; some few arguments here and there but nothing major...

 

"JAY!" Chaerin called preparing dinner from the kitchen. Jaebeom quietly walked behind his girlfriend and wrapped his arms around her waist snuggling his head on the crook of her neck. Chaerin giggled but immediately stopped trying to stay serious.

"What?" Jay mumbled on her neck causing her to smile.

"Seriously Jay, we gotta get ready! They're going to be here any minute." Chaerin scolded finishing the last bit of ingredients for her soup. He chuckled but let her go. 

"Alright, I'm going to the living room and.... supervise! Haha yeah!" He rubbed his neck and headed into the living room while Chaerin was too busy to even notice. 

"Hey Jay--" She was cut of mid sentence by the doorbell. Her eyes widened and she hurried her soup while Jay stood up and went to open the door. As the door opened he was greeted by Chaerin's family including the girls. They all gave Jay a hug except for her little sister which they did their normal handshake.

"Mrs. Lee, always a pleasure to meet you," Jay greeted with a smile to which Chae's mother returned.

"Oh, Jay, please call me Lin,"

"Mr. Lee, it's an honor to meet you," Jay said holding a hand out to shake to which Mr. Lee gratefully took.

"Jay, please call me Ki Jin," Mr. Lee flashed Jay a smile and a small wink. 

"Please, take a seat," Jay motioned them to come in and sit in the living room, "Chae will be in ju--"

"Umma, Appa!" Chaerin burst into the living room with a huge a grin as she hugged her parents.

"Chaerin-ah! Oh, how we missed you!" Her mom gushed as she hugged her daughter tightly. Chaerin chuckled releasing herself from her mom's grip.

"Umma, it's only been a few days since we last saw each other." Lin smiled and nodded.

"I know I know. I just miss my daughter is all." Chaerin gave her a soft smile. 

"I miss you too," She gave her mom a quick hug before sitting down on the couch with them. Meanwhile, Jay went into the kitchen and finished up on preparing the food and setting it on the table. 

"Dinner's ready!" He called over to them. They slowly filled the dining room before Chae spoke up.

"Wait! We're missing someone!"Jay gave his girlfriend a confused look.

"Who--" He was cut off by the sound of the doorbell. Chaerin quickly left and answered whoever was at the door returning just as quick. She stepped aside to show who the person was. Jay's eyes widened in shock.

"Omo, uri Jiyong-ah!" Lin clapped her hands together and smiled brightly at him. Jiyong smiled back and bowed respectfully.

"Ah ne, annyeonghasseyo Mr and Mrs. Lee," Lin waved a hand at him.

"Oh, shush, you know what to call us," This earned a smalled chuckle from Jiyong. Jay was still staring back and forth between Chae and Jiyong dumbfounded. It had been three years since their last conversation with each other and Jay felt kind of awkward seeing him since then. 

After Jay had asked for permission from Jiyong it had seemed that they had split seperate ways and practically disappeared from each other's lives. Jiyong was always busy with his schedules and Jay was busy with his own music and especially with Chaerin. The thought of them ever seeing each other again never occurred to Jay. It's so weird seeing him. He thought. 

"Unnie, I think it's time to eat. I'm getting a little hungry over here," Ha Rin pouted while rubbing on her stomach breaking Jay from his train of thought. 

"Ah mata, let's all sit down and enjoy our dinner!" Everyone did as was told and started digging in. 

In the middle of dinner while everyone made small talk, Chaerin's dad spoke up causing everyone to silence themselves and listen.

"Chaerin-ah, why exactly did you invite us all here?" He asked.

"Yeah Chae, why?" Bom pursed before widdening her eyes, " Omo! Seolma... are you pregnant?!" Everyone snapped their attention to Chaerin. 

"Unnie! Aniyo! That's not why!" She said freantically waving her hands to signal 'no'. 

"Then, wae?" Dara pushed. Chaerin sighed nervously and looked at Jay for support. He gave a soft smile and a nod before looking back at the people before him. 

"Well, its been three years since Chae and I started dating..." Jay started. 

"And because of recent events we decided that..." Jay and Chaerin locked eyes before taking a deep breath and looking back at the people in front of them and in unison announced,

"We're getting married." A clinking of a spoon was heard as Chaerin took Jay's hand and squeezed it nervously. The people before them stared back at them with wide and surprised eyes. Chaerin and Jiyong locked eyes. One pair was pleading while the other pair was hoping.

"Ch-Chaerin-ah..."


Ah chincha mianhae!! JEONGMAL MIANHAEYO!! >.< I know I haven't updated in a long while and I know this probably doesn't make up for it but a lot has happened and I'm just starting to get back into writing again!! 

Please look forward to the next chapter!

Love  you guyss! BAI!<3