Chapter 16

Baby, You are my Star...

Chaerin's POV

 

I woke up with the light seeping through my eylids and a sound of beeping to my left. I blinked a few times before reaching up and rubbing my eyes but as I did so, there were things stuck on my arms. I blinked even more trying to clear my vision and finally sat up realizing I was in an unfamiliar room. I looked around and saw a monitor on my right side and and IV's attached to me. The curtains were drawn back and there was a hunched figure laying his head on the table. I didn't say anything and just stared at the person and quietly observing his clothes. His white v-neck shirt looked crumpled, he was wearing ripped jeans and his leather jacket was on his lap. I quietly ripped out the things stuck on my and made my way towards the hunched figure. I lifted his head lightly and placed the pillow I brought underneath it and took his jacket draping it over him. He started to stir and I hopped he wouldn't wake up but he did. I sat down on the other chair and waited until he got his senses back. 

"Hi," I greeted. He looked up and his eyes widened when he saw me but instead of getting the answer I wanted he stood up and hugged me. I flinched a little at his contact but nonetheless I was surprised. After a few more seconds he finally let me go and went back to his chair.

"Don't ever do that to me again Lee Chaerin," He said looking me dead in the eyes. I scowled when he used my whole name.

"How long was I out?" I asked.

"Two days." I let that answer linger for a moment before replying.

"I'm sorry..." He didn't respond and we lapsed into silence, "Jay..." I started. 

"Yeah?" He said. I waited for a moment before looking down at my fingers and continuing.

"Where's JiYong?" I asked. He sighed and I heard him stand up then felt his hands grab my own.

"I'll take you to him." Before he could drag me I stopped him.

"Uh, let me change first." He looked at what I was wearing before letting go and chuckling.

"Okay, I'll tell the doctor that you're fine." I flashed him a smile and thanked him before grabbing my clothes and heading to the bathroom.

 

We stood in front of Jiyong's room and, to be honest, I was nervous. He confessed to me then risked his life for me. I felt a huge wave of guilt and nervousness wash over me. Jay noticed it and gave me a reassuring smile.

"I'll be out here." He said. I nodded, took a deep breath, then entered the room.

Jiyong was laying on his bed with beeping monitors beside him and IV tubes on different parts of his body. I took a chair and walked over beside his bed then sat down. I sighed sadly when I saw tiny cuts on his hands probably from the glass shards. His breathing was slow so I guessed he was sleeping.

"I'm sorry." I said to his sleeping figure. He didn't respond which I kind of expected. "I'm really sorry for hurting you Jiyong...." I single tear escaped my eyes as I looked at his peaceful face. "I'm sorry I couldn't protect you like we promised... I'm sorry for being such a y best friend, I'm sorry for everything Jiyong. I'm really really sorry."

~~~~~~~~

Author's POV

Silent tears were already escaping Chaerin's eyes as she said those words. Jiyong chuckled lightly and flinched afterwards making Chaerin snapping her head up at her best friend. Jiyong opened his eyes and tried to sit up. Chaerin saw him struggle and stood up trying to help him but he shook his head and eventually sat up on his own. Jiyong looked into Chaerin's worried eyes.

"Come here." He gestured for her to bent down to which she complied. Jiyong cupped her face and used his thumbs to wipe away the tears. Chaerin could only watch him. Jiyong didn't let go of her even after he was finished, "You say sorry too much." He said quietly. Jiyong stared at her eyes one last time before tilting her head down and giving her a soft kiss on her forehead. Chaerin closed her eyes letting one last tear escape. Chaerin knew Jiyong was in pain, physically and emotionally and it her even more when she knew that she was the cause of it. He finally pulled away and let Chaerin sit back down.

"I love you Jiyong and I don't want to lose you. Your my bestfriend." She confessed meeting eyes with Jiyong. He gave her a weak smile.

"Your not going to lose me Chae. I'll always be there for you." He paused then looked down his smile fading, "Even if it means watching you and Jay together." Chaerin felt another wave of guilt.

"I'm so--" Jiyong cut her off.

"Chaerin." He said firmly shutting the girl up. He sighed and looked at her pathetic figure. "I still love you Chaerin, more than you'll ever know... I'll just learn to let go... Oh, and if he ever hurts you, tell me. He won't ever get away with it." She looked up and met eyes with him again. His eyes were sad yet reasurring. "Don't worry about me. Go." He motioned for her to get up and leave. She stood up and gave him a long hug. Jiyong savored this one last moment with her before finally letting go.

"Thanks Jiyong." He shook his head with his smile still intact.

"Say 'hi' to him for me." Chaerin nodded then walked out of the room lightly closing the door.

 

Jay and Chaerin went outside and decided it'd be a good idea if Chaerin went to visit her family. Jay drove his car quietly with Chaerin next to him fidgeting from time to time. Jay reached over and grabbed one of her hands, giving it a light squeeze. Chaerin gave him thankful look suddenly feeling better. 

When they had arrived at her house Jay had let go of her hand and now they were standing in front of the door. They were waiting until someone opened the door after Chaerin rang it for the second time. They heard the door click and a look-a-like Chaerin open the door. She stared at Chaerin with wide eyes while Chaerin gave her a smile.

"Hey Ha Rin," She greeted. Ha Rin gave her sister and Jay a raised eyebrow. 

"What brings you here?" Ha Rin asked and Chaerin shrugged.

"I just wanted to visit. Now let me in." Before Chaerin could even step foot inside the house, Ha Rin stopped them.

"Why is he here?" She asked nodding at Jay. Chaerin shot her a look only receiving and eye roll.

"Cause he just is. Let me in before I call mom." Ha Rin groaned but went aside to let them enter. Jay walked in and bowed to Chaerin's younger sister even though he was older. Ha Rin bowed back to him before going back upstairs and calling her mom.

"UMMA! UNNIE'S HERE!!" She shouted then went back down and flopping down on the couch where Chaerin and Jay were already sitting at. Their mom came trudging down the stair and went to the living room. Jay and Chaerin stood up bowing to her mother. Mrs. Lee smiled at them and told them to sit.

"Chaerin-ah, what brings you here?" Her mother asked.

"I wanted to visit...." She paused, "And I wanted to tell you something." Her mother gave her a sweet smile.

"You wanted to tell me that Jay is your boyfriend?" Chaerin looked at her mother in shock.

"How did you...?" Mrs.Lee chuckled at her daughter.

"I watch the news and your sister." Chaerin took a quick glance at her sister. "So your Jay?" Mrs.Lee said addressing the man next to Chaerin.

"Ne, Annyeonghaseyo Mrs.Lee." He greeted. She gave him another one of her sweet smile before returning her attention back to her daughter. 

"I heard, by the way," Her mother said. Chaerin looked at her confused, "The news. Jiyong and you. Is he okay?" She asked worridely. Chaerin sighed but nodded.

"Yeah, he's fine." Her mom nodded once.

"Good." Mrs. Lee stood up but didn't leave yet. "Jay, please take care of her." Then she exited the room. Ha Rin stood up too and looked at Jay.

"Yeah, take care of unnie. She may be crazy and weird but if you hurt her, I know for sure Jiyong Oppa and I wont let you get away with it." She said sternly causing a chuckle from Chaerin. Jay's eyes widened but he nodded nonetheless. "Alrighty. Bye unnie!" With that she went back upstairs.They were now alone in the living room sitting in quietness.

"Chaerin?" She turned her head to look at him. "Did you and Jiyong get to talk?" He asked. Chaerin give him a small smile and nodded.

"Yeah... we did."


OMG! I'm SUPER DUPER SORRY for not updating!!

Thanks everyone who's been with meee~~

So I have a twitter and I'll be using it for updates and other things...

I also share it with another friend (her acc is EXOticVIPBlackjack13) so... please follow if you have a twitter (if you want).

TWITTER!

Anyways comment below <333