Chapter 10

Baby, You are my Star...

Author's POV

The two apartments were quiet as both of them were busy with their thoughts.

Jay was about to make lunch when someone knocked on his door. He opened the door to find Chaerin standing there in her pyjamas. He gave her a questioning look but she rolled her eyes and shoved him his mail.

"They accidentally placed it on my box." Jay grabbed it and gave her a small smile.

"Thanks." Chaerin nodded and was about to leave until Jay stopped her. "Wait!" She turned around and waited until he continued. "Uhh, I was about to make lunch... Do you wanna join me?"

Chaerin raised her eyebrows while Jay rubbed the back of his neck and smiled sheepishly.

"In your apartment?" she asked. Jay waved his hands in front of him.

"No! Umm... How bout you go and change and I'll uhh, take you out." She pretended to think about it for a moment then nodded her head.

"Okay. I'll be ready in thirty." Jay grinned, nodded and waited until Chaerin went in.

Chaerin entered her apartment then immidiately rushed to the bathroom to take a shower. Hurry Hurry CHAERIN!!

She finished showering and quickly changed. Chaerin wore a colorful tank, washed out gray-white skinny jeans, a gray blazer, and her favorite pair of Adidas. Her blonde hair was down in waves this time.

She looked at herself in the mirror and shrugged. Welp, I have five more minutes. An idea popped in her mind and she rushed to the kitchen to make a quick sandwich.

When she was about ready Jay knocked on her door. She grabbed her sandwiches and opened the door to find Jay wearing white v-neck shirt, a black jacket, and a pair of jeans holding a picnic basket.

"So I see it is a picnic." He nodded and pointed to her sandwiches.

"You make those?" He asked. She nodded shyly.

"Haha, yeah. But they probably wont be as good as your food." Jay gave her a serious look.

"Of course. I'm a real chef." Chaerin looked at him in shock but Jay laughed. "I'm kidding. Loosen up, we're going on a 'date' anyway." Chaerin almost choked on air and literally had to struggle to get her words out.

"D-date??" she stuttered.

"Yeah. We're suppose to be going out remember?" Chaerin remembered and relaxed. Jay held out his hand and motioned to the sandwiches. "Give me those and I'll put them in the basket." She handed them over to him and he placed them in the basket.

"Whose car are we going to take?" Chaerin asked.

"Mine, of course. Come on, let's go!" Jay walked away and Chaerin locked her door behind her. She caught up to Jay in the elevator and they headed outside to his car.

Jay opened the door for Chaerin , she mumbled a thanks and went inside. Jay walked behind his car and place the basket in his trunk. Before he walked to the front he spotted someone across the street who looked strangely mysterious. He eyed the person while he was walking to his seat. When he got in and started the car Chaerin turned to him.

"Where are we going?" He grinned and winked.

"It's a surprise." She scowled and playfully hit his arm. He laughed, shook his head, and drove off.

It was a quiet and peaceful drive when they arrived at the park. Jay parked his car and looked around, a smile appearing on his face. Good, not that many people here. He thought. Jay took the basket from the back while Chaerin got out and looked around amazed.The park had a huge field, a river, a bridge, and multiple sakura trees scattered everywhere.

"Wahh.. It's so pretty..." She mumbled. Jay walked up to her.

"You like it?" She turned around and beamed.

"I love it!" Jay looked down at her and gave her a warm smile.

"Good. I'm glad you like the place."

Chaerin turned back around taking in the view. She suddenly felt a warm hand hold on to hers. She snapped her head to Jay but didn't pull away. Jay looked away smiling and led her to his favorite spot.

Chaerin trailed behind him with her hands still interlocked with Jay. As he walked, Chaerin stared at their hands and blushed furiusly looking away. Why am I feeling like this?? Well it's all for show anyways... right? Chaerin shook her head and realized they had stopped. She looked up and found Jay staring at her weirdly.

"What? Can't a girl shake her head?" He said nothing and instead chuckled, setting up the picnic stuff. Chaerin squatted down next to him and offered him her help. She was fixing the blanket until it looked perfect to her but a hand on top of hers stopped her work.

"It's fine. Now sit down and we'll eat." She waved him away but followed his orders. She crossed her legs while looking at Jay set up their lunch. He looks so cool.... She pushed that thought behind and focused on the fodd instead.

Jay pulled out the sandwiches Chae made, rice for two, kalbi, chicken, and some strawberries. He opened a rice container and filled them up with chicken and kalbi, a pair of chopsticks, then gave it to Chaerin.

"Here. Eat up." She nodded, touched.

"Thanks." Then started eating.

"No problem. Anything for you."Chaerin looked up and stopped eating. Jay looked at her and with his eyes looked to the right. Chaerin followed his gaze and saw a man sitting on the bench trying to peek at them behind the newspaper. She understood and nodded her head.

After they finished their 'main dish', Jay took out the strawberries. He took one and held it in front of Chaerin's mouth. She cocked her head to the side and raised an eyebrow questioningly.

"Open your mouth." Chaerin was about to ask why but once she opened he put the strawberry in . She narrowed her eyes at him but took a biteout of it anyways. He innocently smiled at her and was about to take his own strawberry unti Chae stopped him. She took her strawberry from , wagged a finger at him, and took one for Jay.

"Say 'ahhhh'." She cooed. Jay smiled yet willingly opened his mouth. She popped the strawberry in his mouth and almost immidiately they bursted out laughing. Once they stopped, Chaerin patted Jay's cheeks affectionately then pinched them slightly. "Who's a good boyy~~?" Jay scowled at her and pushed her hands away. She laughed and continued eating the strawberries.

"Hurry up. We're not done with our 'date'." Chaerin held up a hand.

"Hold up. You cannot rush a person when they're eating." Jay chuckled shaking his head. He waited patiently until she finished eating and once she was done he packed up their stuff and placed them back in his car. When Jay came back, Chaerin looked at him excitedly.

"So, where we going next?" She was practically jumping up and down but contained herself.

"Take my hand and I'll show you." She glanced at his hand and hesitated before taking it. He grinned even more and started walking.

They arrived in front of a beautiful garden in the park. Chaerin gripped his hand even tighter and looked around in awe. Jay looked down at her and smiled affectionately. She's beautiful when she smiles... 

Chaerin looked up at him and her smile faltered a little when she saw Jay gazing at her intensely.

"What?" She asked. Jay snapped back to reality then spotted the necklace he gave her. He pointed to it and Chaerin looked down.

"You still have that?" She smiled.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I? It was given to me from the best tutor ever!" Jay smiled at her and his heart swelled up with compassion and maybe even... love. Before things could get more awkward, still holding hands, Chaerin led him inside.

"Come on! Let's go inside. It must be beautiful..." Not as beautiful as you... Jay thought. He shook his head and furrowed his eyebrows. Chaerin looked at him worried.

"You okay?" She asked. He nodded.

"Uh, yeah, come on. I wan't to show you my fountain." Chaerin's eyes widened.

"You have your own fountain?!" He nodded and dragged her away.

They arrived at Jay's fountain right underneath a Sakura tree. Chaerin let go of Jay and rushed to the fountain. She took out a penny, closed her eyes and clasped her hands together making a wish. Once she did she turned around and threw the penny over her head and into the fountain. She whirled back around leaning a little to far over the edge.

Jay saw and went up to her wrapping his arms around her waist. Jay felt Chaerin stiffen at his touch but he didn't let go.

"W-what are you d-doing?" She stuttered. He turned her around and wrapped his arms tighter.

"You were about to fall over."

"Uhh... thanks but y-you can l-let go now." Jay held on for a few more seconds before releasing her. He blinked a couple of times before rubbing the back of his neck.

"Uh, sorry about that." He apologized. She shrugged and quickly acted like nothing had happened. She walked over to a nearby bench and sat down patting the seat next to her. Jay walked over and sat with her. They sat in silence until Chaerin spoke.

"So, I guess this whole dating thing is gonna last for a while, right?" He sighed and lifted his shoulders then dropped them.

"Pretty much. But it's been pretty good so far." She laughed and nodded.

"Yeah, even though it is our first 'date'." Then Jay stood up, walked in front of her, kneeled down and held out a hand.

"Then would you, Lee Chaerin, like to go on our second date?" She smiled took his hand and nodded.

"Why I would love to." The both stood up, grinned at each other, and with intertwined hands walked back to the car ending their first date.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

So I have finally updated guys!! YAY!!

Anyways, I hope you guys like this chapter and comments are very much appreciated! ^_^

And btw check out my friend's story if you favor Jonghyun:

EW! Get Off Me, You ERT!

I also will be writing a SHINee story soon so please look out for that if you're interested! ^_^

GOMAWO!! XD