Chapter 12

Baby, You are my Star...

Chaerin's POV

 

I stood there motionless. Was that a confession?? Before I could run up to him someone called me from behind. I turned around and saw Bom unnie running towards me. She placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Where's Ji Yong?" she asked. I flickered my eyes to the direction Ji Yong went.

"He's... umm... He said he was busy." I lied. Bom looked at me worriedly but I gave her a reasurring smile.

"Come on. Let's go downstairs." I didn't answer and let Bom unnie lead me downstairs.

When we got down everyone looked up at us.

"Oh, Chaerin-ah! Where's Ji Yong?" I was about to answer but Bom unnie beat me to it.

"He said he was busy." I looked at her and mumbled a thanks. She nodded and guided me to the couch. I sat in between Bom and Dara unnie.

"So Chaerin-ah, why the sudden visit??" Seungri asked. I shrugged and gave him a small smile.

"Well I just wanted to surprise Ji Yong and visit you guys. Bom and Dara unnie wanted to come along."

"Since your here anyway and Hyung wants to be a ... Let's eat!!" I clapped my hands together and gave them each smiles.

"Dig in you guys!" All five of them grabbed different pieces of cake while I just watched. The whole time I couldn't get what Ji Yong had said earlier.

"I've only been looking at you."

Oppa... What did I do?

~~~

Ji Yong's POV

 

I at the mirrors surrounding me from wall to wall. I was sitting on the floor of the dim practice room, my elbows on my knees and my hands clutching my hair.

I can't believe I said that. Yah! Kwon Ji Yon, what were you thinking?! 

I closed my eyes and leaned my head back on the wall closing my eyes. I let out a scream of frustration.

"She clearly doesn't like you back... Why can't you move on?" I mumbled to myself and sighed in frustration. I must be crazy talking to myself...

I shook my head.

"You can't move on because... because... you love her." I sighed again and shook my head chuckling to myself. I laid down on the floor and stared at the ceiling not caring how the dirty the floor could've been.

"Chaerin-ah... Saranghae..."

"Ji Yong-ah, you know your talking to a ceiling?" Startled, I bolted right up and looked at the figure, wide-eyed, standing in the doorway.

"Oh, Dong Wook hyung!" Hyung walked over and sat down staring at me for a while.

"What's wrong, Ji Yong?" I pulled my eyes away from his and looked down at my fiddling fingers.

"Nothing..." I muttered. I heard him sigh.

"I'm not stupid. I know when your lying." I shook my head keeping my gaze on my fingers.

"I don't want to talk about it hyung."

"Arrasuh, arrasuh... You know Chaerin's downstairs?" I stiffened at the metion of her name and looked up. I guess hyung noticed and gave me an understanding nod. "Ah, okay. I see... I'll leave you be."

He stood up and was about to walk out the door when he stopped and turned his head to the side.

"You know, she bought all your favorite cakes. Maybe you should go down and try some." With that he left. I groaned and fell on my back again.

I'm being selfish... If Chaerin's happy then I should be happy. That's what friends are for, right?

I nodded my head and held up a fist in agreement.

"Right........ even if it means letting her go." I whispered the last part and stood up. 

I walked downstair with my head held high and a smile on my face. When I got down Daesung spotted me first.

"Oh! Hyung, you're here!" Three heads turned around and the other three looked up. Youngbae and Seunghyun gave me worried looks. I smiled wider signaling that I was okay. Then my eyes fell on her's. My smile faltered a little but I took a deep breath and walked towards them breaking my gaze with her. 

I sat on a seperate seat and looked at the table. My eyes widened a little at the cakes she bought me. I clapped my hands together and grinned even more, if that was possible.

"Wahh!! This looks delicious!" I looked up and gave Chaerin an eye-smile. "Gomawo Chaerin-ah." She gave me one of her amazing smiles and I felt my heart ache.

"Your welcome! Dig in! It's for you anyways!" I nodded and did as she said. 

This hurts. Pardon my language but, this hurts like . I hate it but if it makes Chaerin happy, then fine.

~~~

Author's POV

 

The eight of them chatted, laughed, and ate. Dara was mostly talking to Seungri and Youngbae. Bom was talking to Seunghyun and Chaerin was talking to Ji Yong and Daesung.

From time to time Ji Yong would lapse into a daze and Chaerin or Daesung would have to snap him out of it. When he was back to reality, he just gave them his usual smile and acted as if nothing had ever happened.

After talking and catching up for a few hours, it was getting dark and the girls had to leave. The guys walked them to the front of the building and said their goodbyes.

"Annyeong! Have a safe trip back!" Daesung called. The girls turned around and waved before heading into Chae's car. Once they got in and was on the road Dara spoke.

"Unnie, is Ji Yong okay?" Chaerin paused before answering.

"Yeah why?" Dara looked down and pouted.

"Ani, he just seemed distracted..." Chaerin tried to focus her attention on the road but it her thoughts would go back to Ji Yong.

"Maybe he's just tired from practicing and work." Chaerin reasoned. Dara seemed to believe it and nodded in understanding.

The drive to each of the girls' houses was quiet. Each of them had alot on their mind and didn't really want to talk. Chaerin dropped Bom off then Dara.

"Gomawo! Annyeong!" Chaerin gave Bom a small smile and a nod. She continued her way to Dara's house. Once she got there Dara stayed in the car for a while.

"Chaerin-ah..." She trailed. Chaerin looked at her unnie from the mirror.

"Yeah?" Dara met eyes with her.

"I don't know what happened between you and Ji Yong but... You guys need to talk, and I mean actually TALK." Chaerin sighed and tried to reason with ther that everything was fine.

"Unnie, nothing happ--" Dara interrupted.

"Don't lie to me Lee Chaerin. I know something happened." Before Chaerin could argue even more, Dara got out of the car and said her farewell.

Chaerin traveled home with a distracted mind. She was honked at several times for going to slow, not going when the light was green, and other things. She walked up to her apartment with a dazed experession.

Right when she was about to open the door Jay opened his. He spotted her but it seemed like she didn't notice.

I wonder what's up with her... He thought.

She walked into her room and sat on the edge of her bed trying to process everything that happened before.

Ji Yong confessed to me... but... do I like him back? With that thought hanging around her brain, she got up and hurridely got ready for bed. Awaiting the comforts of escaping reality and into her dreams.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry you guys for not updating earlier!

I've been procrastinating and it's BAD!

Love Y'all!

<333