Chapter 19

Baby, You are my Star...

The Proposal

Author's POV

Jeju Island had always been one of the places Chaerin wanted to go to but she never had the time. It was nearing the end of summer as a slight early morning breeze blew its way into Chaerin's beachfront cottage. Her eyes fluttered open and a small smile made its way onto her lips. She still couldn't belive she was here. Jay was given two tickets by his company to Jeju Island for a vacation and, of course, being the good boyfriend he was took Chaerin with him. 

She sat up and did a few stretches before climbing out of bed and walking to the french doors that opened to the magnificent view of the sea. Chaerin leaned on the railing of the balcony and closed her eyes letting the warmth of the sun spread throughout her body. She had never imagined she would be able to come to this beautiful island let alone be with the person she loved. She felt arms wrap around her stomach and a head rested on her shoulder.

"Good morning beautiful," Jay greeted in Chaerin's neck. He could smell her intoxicating scent that drove him crazy.

"Good morning to you too," Chaerin replied back grinning as she felt tingles run down her spine. She took his hands that were resting on her stomach and intwined them with hers. 

"Hungry?" Jay mumbled loving the warmth of Chaerin's hands.

"Famished," He sighed and after a few seconds, hesitantly let go of Chaerin.

"I'll cook something. Wash up and head downstairs when you're done," She gave him a nod and watched him leave her room. 

~

"So, what are our plans today Mr. Park?" Chaerin asked as she washed the dishes from their breakfast.

"Well, Ms. Lee, you'll just have to wait," He said with a smug smile. Chaerin finished up and turned around leaning on the counter and crossing her arms.

"You know I don't like surprises," She narrowed her eyes at him questioning to herself where he was going with this. Jay couldn't help it and chuckled finding her reaction adorable.

"Trust me Chae," She waved a hand in the air.

"Yeah, yeah, I know," She stuck her tongue out and walked out of the kitchen but not before Jay grabbed her arm and pulled her back.

"Jay wha--,"

Before she could finish, Chae felt two soft lips land on her own. She was momentarily shocked but didn't hesitate and kissed Jay back. She felt Jay smile into the kiss and pull back a little letting go of Chaerin's lips. 

"Later Chae. Get changed and we'll start our plans,"

Chae released a breath that she hadn't realized she was holding and pouted. She lightly pushed Jay away and turned around purposely swaying her hips from side to side. Such a tease, they both thought. 

~

"Wah!! It's so beautiful here!" Jay had taken her to the cliffside where at the bottom the waves could be heard as they crashed against the rocks. 

"I'm glad you like it but, you know it's not as beautiful as you," He grinned as he saw Chaerin's cheek start to redden. For as long as they've been together, he never got tired of the blush she always got when he complimented her. 

"Shut up and enjoy the view with me," Chaerin closed her eyes and let the sea breeze take all her troubles away. A moment of silence passed before Chae opened her eyes only to be met with Jay's soft ones. 

"Yah, mwoya?" She lightly pushed Jay back but only to have him wrap an arm around her waist and pull her closer to him. Her wide eyes made Jay grin, "Yah..."

"Happy Anniversary," From behind him, Jay pulled out a beautiful bouquet of white roses with a single red rose in the middle. Chaerin blinked at him before gratefully taking the flowers from his hands.

"Jay... they're beautiful but a red rose in the middle of a bunch of white ones...?" Chaerin trailed of with a questioning look.

"White roses symbolize purity, simplicity, innocence and eternity. A red rose symbolizes love and passion. My love for you is eternal, pure and simple Chaerin. Passion in the midst of eternal love is indestructable," Chaerin softened at his words and wrapped her arms around her boyfriend's neck giving him the sweetest kiss she could give. 

"Thank you Jay... I'm sorry I couldn't give you anything," She said after pulling away.

"No need to apoligize. Just being in my arms is more than enough," They shared a smile together and ended with a kiss.

~

Chaerin stood in front of the mirror for what felt like eternity. She eyed herself up and down scrutinizing every detail of her outfit that felt it wasn't right. She would fix it, look at it, then fix it again. Chaerin wore a simple, body-fitting, black dress with a sweet heart neckline that complimented just about everything. She had on simple black stilettos that elongated her legs and a white blazer to keep her warm from the evening chill. 

"Chae, you ready?" Jay called from outside her room.

"Yeah! I'll be out in a sec!" She replied glancing at herself one last time before grabbing her purse and heading to the living room. Jay smiled when he saw her, wrapping and arm around her waist and giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"Beautiful as alway my love," Chae blushed and grinned.

"You're not so bad yourself," She replied. If anything, Jay looked amazing. He wore a black suit that fitted him in all the right places, and a red tie. His hair was neatly done and cleanly shaven. 

"So, a seaside dinner?" Chae asked clutching on to her boyfriend's arm.

"Yes and no further questions until we get there," Jay led Chaerin to a car that was waiting for them in front of their cottage. As they got in, Chaerin couldn't help but wonder what Jay was up to.

~

In the middle of their wonderful and surreal dinner Jay excused himself and returned later with his hands behind his back. Chaerin looked at him with question as he signaled the lingering musicians to play. 

"Jay, what are you doing?" He smiled but didn't answer her.

"I had thought bumping into you once was an accident but twice, it had to be fate. Although, I didn't show from the start, I had started loving you the first time we formally met. I couldn't believe that someone as beautiful, as wonderful, and as amazing as you would ever be a part of my life. It felt as though I was in a dream, a dream I never wanted to wake up from. So, I don't want you to be just a part of my life and I don't want you to be just a dream anymore. I want to spend eternity with you and wake up everyday from this dream to your reality. I want you to be my infinity, my promise, and my eternity," 

Before Jay finished he bent down on one knee and held out a Rilakkuma bear that held a small velvet box. He opened it and said the words Chaerin had hoped he would say soon.

"Lee Chaerin, will you marry me?" 


Hey guys! I'm finally back after how many centuries hahaha XD I apologize for the lack of updating... Busy Busy Busy ><

Anyways, I know this chapter seemed rushed but that was because I just really wanted to get to the main point... Meh 

I'll try to update more frequently though so... BE PREPARED! hahah although, this is coming to an end soon XD

Love you guys! BAI! <3