Second: Forced texts

Dork •Chanbaek•
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“We have a quick assembly in the school theater at three. It’s important for all the students in this school to go because I have a much lit announcement to give.” The principal said, chuckling right after. It made everybody cringe and die a little inside. The principal tried too hard to be like them but it didn’t work so it was very cringey.

         But as requested, everybody gathered at 3 in the school theater. Everybody was excited minus Baekhyun. Baekhyun has been sad all day and nobody knew why. Minseok tried a lot of things to get him to talk but nothing worked. He even tried with threatening to kick him out of the dance group they have, although he couldn't do it since Jongin is the leader, but it still didn't work.

         Minseok sat down next to Jongdae, being the last one to arrive, and sighed. Seeing his best friend sad was stressful and not being able to do something was worse. Baekhyun was at the other side of Jongdae, not wanting to be on the seat next to the corridor. Next to Baekhyun were Kai and finally Kyungsoo. The last one sat with them because the meeting was after school and Jongin’s mom was taking him home since his mom couldn't pick him up that day. The guys passed all day teasing Jongin because of it and it kinda got on his nerves but ignored them since it was pretty easy to do so.

        Suddenly, some weird music started coming out from the speakers. They couldn't recognize what song was so nobody started singing or dancing. Well, nobody until Chanyeol stood up and started dancing randomly (and very badly, may I add). People started laughing because it was really funny but Baekhyun didn't even look at the boy, which was weird because by this moment, he would start making a remark on how ridiculous the guy is. That worried everybody and Jongin decided to take action on the situation. He stood up from his seat and told Baekhyun to follow him. After various failed attempts, Baekhyun stood up and finally followed him.

          When they were outside, the younger guy put his hands on Baekhyun's shoulders and looked at him in the eye. "What's wrong with you, Baekkie? You've been sad all day and I can't stand seeing you like that. Minseok and Jongdae are worried too. Even Kyungsoo is worried and he doesn’t even know you that well" Jongin said sincerely and blushing at the mention of Kyungsoo. Baekhyun looked at the floor and sighed deeply. He wasn’t the guy to be sad often but today, he just felt that he needed to.

“It's that no one has called me from the thousand showcases I've gone to and I really prepared for all of them but it seemed that it wasn’t enough for the judges. I'll be okay though. Don’t worry" Baekhyun said reassuringly and smiled. He knew he was going to be alright since he had a method of cheering himself up quickly. He just embraced the sadness today because he knew it was okay to be sad sometimes.

“You’re awesome. They just don’t see your true talent. Wait a little more; I’m sure they will call you. So look up and smile” His friend said reassuringly and gave him a sweet smile. Baekhyun was glad to have friends like Minseok, Jongin, and sometimes, Chen, not always though because he can be an at times.

“Aye, aye, captain.” Baekhyun said and chuckled. Jongin chuckled too. Baekhyun always made stupid jokes like this that made everybody laugh.

“Come here, little child.” Jongin said smiling and hugged him. Baekhyun hugged him back but a door slammed open, interrupting their little friendship moment. Both were exalted and saw Chanyeol and Sehun coming out of the theater in a bad mood. An adult came out very angry behind them.

“See? This is why you guys can never come to these reunions!” The woman said with a scowl, Jongin and Baekhyun assumed it was a teacher since she looked like one. Sehun was looking at the floor rather embarrassed and Chanyeol stood with his arms crossed. It was rare to see Chanyeol really angry so the situation in hand had to be serious.

“This is unfair! The guy was mocking Sehun and making him feel self-conscious but you threw me out for defending him!? It’s outrageous.” Chanyeol said really pissed. It scared Baekhyun because he was usually a very happy guy but now his face was full on red and was clenching his fists.

“Channie” Sehun said and Baekhyun cringed for some odd reason. “Stop; that guy is not worth it. Tell those guys to inform you whatever they say in that stupid reunion if you want to know and if not, let’s just go and play FIFA in my house.” Sehun pointed at Baekhyun and Kai. Baekhyun huffed since he didn’t have anything to do with them but he knew Kai would accept that offer since he was a good guy.

“Alright, but this isn’t over! Nobody makes my best friend feel bad.” The teacher just ignored Chanyeol’s comment and went inside rolling her eyes. Some teachers in their school didn’t give a anymore, which made the students more undisciplined. Chanyeol wasn’t undisciplined (or at least he thought that he wasn’t) but other students were terrible and vandalized everything. He was like an angel compared to them.

Baekhyun saw Chanyeol walking towards them and already knew what he will say. “Hey, Jongin, Baekhyun, can you text me what happens in the theatre? People are rumoring that the principal is going to announce a talent show and I want to participate.” Chanyeol said standing in front of the guys, with an arm thrown over Sehun’s shoulders. It wasn’t a good thing to participate on something related to school but Chanyeol wanted either way.

“Can’t your friends text you?” Baekhyun said crossing his arms.

“Don’t be an idiot, Baek. He’s just asking for a favor.” Kai said annoyed by Baekhyun. It wasn’t fair how he treated Chanyeol.

“It’s okay, Jongin, let me answer the question to Baekhyun.” Chanyeol said with a rather shy smile on his face. Baekhyun raised an eyebrow and waited for the answer. “Everybody may know my name and stuff but nobody really wants to be my friend. My only true friend is Sehun right here.” He then proceeded to put his hand below Sehun’s chin, making the guy giggle.

Baekhyun was kinda saddened by his story. Why someone wouldn’t want to be friends with Chanyeol? Yeah, Baekhyun high key disliked him but that doesn’t mean that other people should feel the same way. He wasn’t an to anyon- wait, he is an ! He judged Baekhyun’s acting skills and didn’t even seem sorry. He didn’t even know why he was feeling bad for Chanyeol.

“What a sad story.” Baekhyun said sarcastically but suddenly felt some pain in his stomach. He saw that Jongin hit him and wasn’t pleased. “The , man?” He said gasping.

Jongin ignored him and started talking to Chanyeol. Baekhyun was really annoyed and just went inside the theatre. He didn’t know why Kai hit him. Baekhyun did nothing wrong. He just did a sarcastic remark that didn’t hurt anybody. The principal was blabbering about stupid stuff and it just annoyed him more. He already wanted to go home. The only good vines he had left disappeared. Chanyeo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter