Fifth: Significant Calls

Dork •Chanbaek•
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   Baekhyun's fingers moved over the keypad of his phone as he sat down in front of his computer. While doing his homework, the idea of ​​talking to Chanyeol came to mind and stayed there insistently but he was in doubt as he didn't even know what to say. Was he going to apologize? That was the most reasonable thing, but he didn't know if the boy was going to take the apology or he was simply going to ignore and continue to be angry or hurt by the situation. This problem was eating him alive and he couldn't stand it but something else inside him said that he shouldn't and that instead he called Kai. Their friendship was kinda normal now and Kai would probably know what to do. He followed that instinct and searched for Kai's contact. He then pressed it and it started ringing. After several rings, Jongin replied.

"Hello." The boy on the other line said with a tired tone and between gasps.

"Hi, why are you so tired?" Baekhyun asked out of curiosity. 

There was a moment of silence and then Jongin proceeded to speak. "I was practicing for the Talent show." Kai said quietly, pants dying down.

"Oh." Baekhyun said with a hint of sadness in his voice. "So, um, I was just calling to tell you something" There was this awkward tension between them but Baekhyun decided to ignore it. 

"You know you can tell me anything." The boy answered and then smiled. Baekhyun didn't need to be there to know that he smiled. It was obvious since the guy was too kind to not to. 

"Um, I... I'm sorry for 'destroying' your dream." Baekhyun said sincerely. That was one of the only things he regretted doing in life and hated himself for that.

 "It's okay, humans tend to be selfish for their own sake. " Kai said with a broken voice, but it quickly returned to normal. Baekhyun, although it was obvious that the guy was hurt, believed him and continued talking about another thing.

"I'm also going to participate in the Talent show," Baek said, regretting the decision of telling him that. He felt bad for some strange reason. Maybe it was because he, deeply inside, wanted to still participate in the talent show with his friends. Either way, it made him feel bad. 

"Yes, I know. You're going to participate with Chanyeol, right? Didn't you hated him?" A chuckle from the boy came at the end of those words.

"Mhm, and yeah... but I'm trying not to hate him anymore. I'm sorry I'm doing this, its just that..." Baekhyun started rambling but Jongin interrupted him.

"It's okay. Don't worry. I get it, but talk to Xiumin. He hasn't been feeling good after you guy's breakup. Chen has tried a lot of things to cheer him up and sometimes it works, but then he is in the same somber mood." Kai said worried about the boy with the broad smile.

"He's not angry at me anymore, right?"  The boy asked worriedly. Kai shook his head and then realized that Baekhyun couldn't see him so he rolled his eyes at himself.

"No, well... maybe a little angry, but that's not the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter