Tenth: Big fight

Dork •Chanbaek•
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"We are here to commemorate Lu Han's memory." The school principal said.

   Earlier that day, everybody was gloomy and Baekhyun couldn't understand why. Nobody had talked to him all day so he couldn't ask someone why. The only thing he noticed different was that the group of Chinese guys were all dressed in black clothes that day and still, he understood what was happening the moment he entered the school theater for an 'especial but sad announcement' that everybody needed to go to. The theater was all covered with black balloons and bows which made him understand the situation. He looked around for his friends but didn't see them so he just sat in the first seat he saw. Seeing everybody sad while he wasn't was unsettling to Baekhyun but after a minute of silence, the principal said that which took the boy by surprise. The only thing that roamed his mind was questions. What? How? Why?

"Fellow student Lu Han was one of many virtues. He was the leader of the modeling group. He had good grades. He didn't cause problems and was an overall happy boy, which had us very confused when we found out that he... committed suicide." The director continued and began to cry. He didn't care that he was crying in front of the students and the faculty of the school. It was a sad time for everyone and it was allowed to cry.

     Other than the students who were crying, Baekhyun was not crying since he was in pure shock. Luhan... killed himself? The information he was given wasn't being processed well in his mind. It just shocked him. He talked to the boy last night so how can he be dead the next day? Baekhyun took his cellphone from his pocket and searched for Luhan's messages, not remembering well what the guy texted him since he cried so much that every memory of last night was blurry. Then, Chanyeol's sad face came back to his mind and everything started to come back, and , he felt worse now.

Finding his conversation with Luhan, he opened it and started reading but he only needed to read the two last messages to know what was happening.

From: Unknown number

Right now I feel like . Baekhyun... all of this was a bad idea. The only person who was worth in my life treated me like trash. I can't resist it

From: Unknown number

Goodbye forever

         He looked at his phone with shaky hands. His eyes teared up, he was freaking out. Did Luhan really texted him this? He needed to get out of there but he couldn't since it would be rude of him. He just tried to calm himself by steadying his breathing. He breathed in and out very slowly to calm down but it was only making him more desperate. He looked at the stage and saw that Lay, Tao and Kris were there. Tao was sobbing horribly while Lay comforted him. Kris, on the other hand, was glaring at everybody while grasping the microphone with his big hands.

"I don't know why you guys are crying." He said with a serious tone. "You guys barely knew him. Not even the people from the modeling group knew him thoroughly. I don't like this thing we're doing. This is all just pity because a sad story comes well every once in a while, right?" He spat out with rage. "Well, no! I won't let my friend be pitied like this because pity is degrading and you'll probably forget about him in less than a week. He's worth more than your pity so stop giving us your 'condolences' and good vibes because we don't need them. We can manage ourselves and remember Luhan on our own, not needing to share his story with all of you. So stop sobbing and being a hypocrite when you didn't even get a chance to be his or her friend because while you all saw his happy side, we had to see the broken boy he hid inside." And before he could continue, Tao came towards him and touched his shoulder. Kris looked at him and through the microphone was heard Tao saying in a very broken voice 'Kris-hyung, st-stop. Calm down. We are all broken but don't take it out on them.' which made Kris' expression soften, making him seem like a sad puppy now. He hugged Tao while trying to not cry and Lay took the microphone.

"I'm sorry that Yi- I mean, Kris reacted that way." His voice was soothing enough to make Baekhyun calm down. It didn't last long but it worked. "We are deeply affected by this... this... sorry, I forgot the word." He said, trying to remember the word he was trying to say in Korean, but it only came to his mind in Mandarin. After a few awkward seconds, he remembered it. "Oh, situation. We are deeply affected by this situation so please forgive Kris for lashing out on you guys. Luhan was a dear friend to us and we really want to keep him in our memory but none of this was our idea. We didn't plan this and it caught us off guard. Mix talking to a lot of people on stage with the harrowing feeling of losing a friend. The sadness doesn't let you think thoroughly and things like this happen. I'm grateful for all of your good wills and condolences but please, talking more about Luhan is hurting us so let’s end this here." Lay suggested and looked towards the principal who was at the side of the stage. The principal looked at the floor and sighed, coming out to the stage. He took the microphone from Lay’s hand and turned his gaze towards the hundreds of students in front of him.

“For the students' sake, I'll have to end this here." He now turned towards the guys on stage. "I'm really sorry that this made you all uncomfortable. It wasn't, in any means, something directed against you. I hope you feel better soon." He smiled sadly and turned now to face forward. "The activity is dismissed. Go back to your original classes until it's time to go home. Good afternoon." The principal ended and everybody stood up to go to their classes. Everybody minus Baekhyun. He just sat there, watching how the principal comforted the three crying guys on stage. He found out he was crying too when he felt a tear fall down his face. Suddenly, the principal left, leaving the three boys alone. Kris and Tao started talking while Lay was looking at the floor with a broken expression. Baekhyun didn't want to see him this way so he walked to the front of the stage with the idea of talking to him but just stood there, looking at the group of friends. They looked so much more devastated up close and it broke Baekhyun's heart. Tao was pale and his eyes were bloodshot for crying so much, Kris had huge bag under his eyes and looked so tired and Lay looked less devastated than the other two but Baekhyun knew he was holding up. The guy was easy to read and it was just obvious, how his lips were trembling and his hands shaking. After looking at them for a while, Baekhyun noticed that they were leaving and decided to call Lay. He hesitated but did it, catching his attention. The guy smiled, showing his dimple and came down the stage. Baekhyun trembled as a literal Greek god approached him but kept calm... on the outside.

"What is it?" He asked and smiled again.

"I know you've heard this lot of times and that I shouldn't be bothering you but I'm sorry for what happened with Luhan." Baekhyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter