Seventh: Cute Mental Image

Dork •Chanbaek•
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

       The moment Chanyeol told Baekhyun that Sehun was going to their rehearsals, he knew that it was a bad idea. He, at the moment, was very angry because the practice started an hour ago and Baekhyun doesn't even know what song they'll play in the talent show since the only thing Chanyeol has done since they got there was make Sehun laugh. Baekhyun guessed that it would happen, so he almost canceled the rehearsal that day, but he knew he needed to come if he wanted to outshine everybody at the talent show.

     Chanyeol never noticed how bored Baekhyun was and that they haven't done . The latter was sitting in a chair in a corner of Chanyeol's room meanwhile the guy and his —just like Baekhyun called Sehun in his mind— had fun.

"Sehun. Sehun. Look at this." Chanyeol said while balancing the guitar in his head and Sehun laughed like a little kid. The guitar fell on the guy's face and Sehun laughed even louder. His laugh, though, sounded annoying to Baekhyun and that was making him more mad. He really couldn't take it.

 The guy, looking for something to concentrate in so he wouldn't lash out and yell at someone, noticed the posters Chanyeol had in his wall. While doing it, he saw that Chanyeol was a huge Nintendo fan. He had a lot of merchandise and posters scattered around of some characters and games from the franchise. Baekhyun was a huge fan too so he entertained himself looking at all of it. Suddenly, his eyes landed on an Amiibo of Kirby. He couldn't believe his eyes. He had a huge collection of that figurines but never found a Kirby. This was his first time seeing one in real life. He stood up quickly and went to see it up close. His delicate hands took the Amiibo and he admired it. It was so much better seeing it up close. He wanted to run away with it but it was rude of him to steal something.

“Do you like Kirby?” Chanyeol asked in a low tone from where he was sitting. Baekhyun was surprised since he thought that nobody was watching him being a nerd. He turned around quickly and looked to the guy who talked earlier. He noticed that there was no annoying Sehun by his side and a lot of questions flooded his mind like where's Sehun? When did he left? and How much time has Chanyeol passed looking at me? The last one made him blush a little bit but he shook his head.

“...Where's Sehun?” Was the only thing that came out from his mouth as if he cared but that wasn't near the truth.

“He went to help his mom with something… I think that it was to take the groceries that she bought from the car to his house” Chanyeol said with a different tone of voice. It was soothing and Baekhyun found himself secretly liking how he expressed himself and the tone he used since it wasn't the usual annoying one he had.

"Oh... Okay." Baekhyun smiled and sat down in the seat he was in since he arrived there, still with the Kirby Amiibo in hand. “Answering your question…” The guy said trying to grab Chanyeol's attention even though Chanyeol was already looking at him. “Yes, I like Kirby. Well, I like Nintendo as a whole, so.” He responded and saw how excited Chanyeol got.

“I love Nintendo too! Well… you should've noticed by now.” Chanyeol said, referring to his collection of things and Baekhyun giggled. “What's your favorite character?” He asked tilting his head to the side.

“The one I'm holding right now.” Baekhyun answered, remembering that he had it in his hands. The guy stood up and placed where it was, returning shortly after to his seat.

“I like him too a lot but my favorite, it's a little cliché and you'll think I'm kidding but, is Bowser. His design is cool” He said and laughed. “I know it sounds childish to describe him as cool but that's the first word that comes into my mind everytime I think of him.” The guy explained and for the first time, well, second, —since the first time was when they went to the park— Baekhyun attentively listened to every word the guy said since it wasn't something stupid or a bad joke.

“Do you like Pokémon?” Baekhyun curiously questioned.

“Pokémon isn't my strong suit.” The guy responded rubbing the back of his neck.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter