Eleventh: In love?

Dork •Chanbaek•
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Baekhyun" Someone in the background said as the guy was lost in his own thoughts.

"Baekhyun" Was heard again, a little more loudly but nothing seemed to interrupt him.

"Byun Baekhyun!" The person now yelled angrily. Baekhyun was exalted and looked to where the voice came from. He identified who it was and rolled his eyes.

"What do you want?" He asked really pissed. He really didn't want to be here. He was going to practice today for the talent show with Chanyeol but his mother wanted to do something beforehand and even though they went to the mall early because of that exact reason, they were already late for Baekhyun's practice.

"Someone's in a bad mood." Mrs. Byun scoffed and took a sweater from the rack in front of her. "Try on this" She then proceeded to shove it on Baekhyun's hand. The guy glared at her but reluctantly went to the fitting room.

         He entered the room and closed the door behind him. He turned around and the mirror in front of him showed his reflection. He smiled at it, loving what he saw. His confidence on his body was always on an all-time high and he was happy because of that. He took his shirt off and then put the sweater on. It was a purple pastel sweater that showed his collarbones and made him have sweater paws. He looked innocent yet y at same time. He smirked, loving how it looked on him and thanked God that his mother knew how to pick clothes for him. She had an amazing fashion sense and he loved her even more because of that. Soon the purple sweater was no longer on him and he put his shirt on. He, then, came out of there and looked for his mom. In the process of looking in an aisle, he received a message.

[From: Yeol]

Yeah, he changed the guy's contact name.

Why haven't you come to practice? Sehun is saying that you are dead XD

Baekhyun blinked. Why was Sehun saying that? He sighed and started typing.

[To: Yeol]

I am not dead nor will I be in a near future, if that is what Sehun wants. I am just buying some things with my mom and she is taking ages. I will go to your house when we finish.

He sent the message and put his phone in his pocket so he could go to look for his mom. After passing through a couple of racks of clothes and shoes, he finally found her talking to... Chanyeol's mom? WHAT? He took fast but steady steps towards his mom and stopped when he was by her side. Both women noticed him and smile. "Hi, Baekhyun" His mom said.

"Hello, mom, and Mrs. Park" He said bowing to both of them.

"Hi, sweetie. We were talking about a drama they are passing through channel six. You remember? The one you like to watch with me." She tried including Baekhyun in the conversation but he didn’t oblige. Yeah, he loved that drama but his anger for being late was bigger. 

"Interesting" Baekhyun said rolling his eyes. His mom glared at him. "Anyway, talking about Chanyeol..."

"We weren't talking about Chanyeol." Baekhyun's mom interrupted him. Baekhyun shrugged it off and continued talking.

"I need to go to the practice. We are..." He said and then looked to the hour in his phone. "An hour late" He then passed the sweater to her. 

"Baekhyun, we haven't finished. I still need to buy a gift for your uncle's anniversary." She responded a little angry. The guy was going to say something but Mrs. Park cut in.

"I can drive you. I am going to my house now anyway." She said smiling politely and Baekhyun smiled back but he couldn’t agree. He didn’t want to be a burden to her.

"Thank you so much but you don’t have to do this." He responded with a shy smile in his face and bowed. He really wanted to say yes but again, him being a burden to Mrs. Park wasn’t in his plans.

"It's nothing." Mrs. Park said dismissively but the guy shook his head.

“Stop being like that, Baekhyunee. She’s being polite.” His mom scolded him, pinching his ear. The boy hissed and took a step aside. The other woman present started laughing and Baekhyun blushed out of embarrassment.

“Mooooom” He whined but she ignored him.

"So, sweetie, take care. Call me when you finish, I'm going to pick you up." His mom said and gave him a hug. 

"Alright, See ya” Baekhyun rolled his eyes but hugged her back and mumbled a quick goodbye. Both women said goodbye to each other and Baekhyun and Mrs. Park started walking to the parking lot. As they started walking there, everything became awkwardly silent. The only thing heard coming from them were their footsteps and the occasional deep breath one of them took. Baekhyun really wanted to say something but the fear of saying something stupid was holding him back. He didn't want to cause a bad impression on her. It was weird since they weren't related in any way but even though, he wanted to remain as well behaved as he could.

    They, after walking for a while, arrived to the car and Baekhyun smiled at the sight of it. It was really small and cute, and the thought of Chanyeol trying to get in the small car every day to school amused him. “I’m sorry if it so small. As you see, I am a small woman after

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter