Ninth: Regrets

Dork •Chanbaek•
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

           Baekhyun was standing in front of Chanyeol's house for the second time in the week. He felt nervous, his hands were sweating and his heart was beating really fast. The thought of having to explain to Chanyeol why Sehun won't show up was killing him but he would have to do it anyway. Lying to Chanyeol never crossed his mind and he never will.

    Still with his heart beating real fast, he went to the door and knocked it several times, receiving a 'one moment' from the other side. He swayed on his feet and waited a little. His nerves worsened when he heard the footsteps of someone behind the door. The fleeting thought of running out ran through his mind but before he could think about it much, the door opened, revealing who was on the other side. He was surprised to see that it was Chanyeol's grandmother.

"Hi, come in, come in." She said smiling and Baekhyun calmed down. The warm smile of Chanyeol's grandmother reminded him of her grandmother and that's why he managed to calm down.

"Good afternoon." Baekhyun said smiling widely. "Shouldn't you be resting? It's good to do it after you get home from the hospital." He asked closing the door and then helping the lady to walk to the living room, where the sofa was.

"I don't mind getting up to open the door for you, I see you're a good boy." The lady told him as she sat in her chair. Baekhyun became sad and bit his lower lip. That was not true. He was not a good person. He used people for his own good, but even with those thoughts, he did not say anything and only bowed as his heart began to ache. The lady started watching television, and Baekhyun sat on one of the sofas waiting for Chanyeol. He didn't dare to go up to the boy's room and knock on the door, so he opted to wait. He started to watch what the lady was watching and laughed because it was a very good comedy show.

   He was very entertained and didn't take his eyes off the television until he felt someone stand in front of him. He was going to complain but he remembered that he was not at home. He looked up to find Chanyeol crossing his arms and smiling sideways.

"Grandma, don't take my friends away. I don't have a lot of them much." Chanyeol said jokingly, though Baekhyun knew it was true from the revelation of the day of the meeting. Her grandmother clicked her tongue and waved her hand, ignoring her grandson's comment, making both laugh. Baekhyun stood up from where he was timidly and Chanyeol took his hand, directing him to his room. The shorter one smiled when he felt the warmth that Chanyeol emitted and smiled.

      They both reached the room quickly and Chanyeol closed the door, saying that he wouldn't want to be interrupted. The taller one took a seat on the bed, then leaned back. Baekhyun stood in front of the door studying him a little. He had never noticed the boy's features so he decided to do it now. The tall boy's shirt raised a little and Baekhyun noticed that he had a small tummy. He smiled tenderly admiring it and saw how Chanyeol smiled and blushed out of nowhere. The shorter one took a seat next to the minor and this one sat down, not being uneducated. He still had a little blush on his cheeks and Baekhyun thought about putting his hands on the boy's cheeks but he retracted, knowing that it would be weird for the both of them.

"So..." Chanyeol interrupted the silence they had created. "What was the surprise you had for Sehun?" He asked raising an eyebrow. Baekhyun complained internally. He had forgotten the conversation they had pending.

"Em... Um... Uh." Baekhyun stammered, not knowing how to tell Chanyeol the true story. It was going to sound stupid and as if Baekhyun wanted the boy just for him. Which would create a misunderstanding that would make the boy think that he was in love with him, which was far from the truth.

"Mhm?" The boy next to him insisted. Baekhyun's hands began to sweat and he swallowed dryly.

"I planned a blind date for him and Luhan" Baekhyun said looking at his hands so he didn't have to look at Chanyeol and although he did that, he saw out of the corner of his eye the expression the boy had.

"What?" Chanyeol asked. "Who is Luhan?"

  , Baekhyun thought, if he doesn't know who Luhan is, Sehun wouldn't know either.

"Do you know about the Chinese group at the school?" Chanyeol nodded. "He has eyes like those of a deer." Baekhyun said trying to explain but apparently didn't do well since Chanyeol had a bit of confusion on his face. He grunted and tried to think more. He thought and thought until he remembered something that Chanyeol would surely remember.

"Do you remember the end of the year party when we were in 8th grade?" Asked the shorter one crossing his fingers. He was relieved to see that Chanyeol nodded. "Um, do you remember the boy who won the most handsome prize? I hated him, he beat me ..." Baekhyun snorted and Chanyeol nodded again. "Well him."

"Really?" He aske

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter