Third: "Great Ideas"

Dork •Chanbaek•
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

An annoying ring was filling Baekhyun’s bedroom. The guy groaned and covered his head with his navy blue duvet. He didn’t know why he chose that annoying ringtone for his alarm. He then remembered why and it was the time he chose a slow song for his ringtone and slept through his whole first day of 10th grade. The next day, Xiumin almost killed him because firstly, he missed their first day and secondly, he never answered his phone out of embarrassment. So after that day, he only chooses really annoying songs for his alarms.

He takes his phone on his hands and turns off the alarm. He then, reluctantly stands up and stretches. It takes no time until Baekhyun heads to the bathroom with his towel in hand. He gets inside the bathroom and closes the door, not planning on coming out soon since he takes really long baths. He couldn’t look this beautiful if he didn’t take time for his self.

 He stripped down and entered the shower. He turned the water faucet on and cold water started pouring through it. Baekhyun loved cold water so he didn’t mind and got under it. While he let the cold water soak him, the thought of dreaming about Chanyeol came back to his mind. It really bothered him that his mind went straight into dreaming with the boy he have hated for a long time. What was the reason behind it? It’s not that they have a strong connection with each other, they barely talk.

When Baekhyun caught himself thinking too much about the situation, he blushed and started soaping his body. As he did so, he started thinking about what act he would do for the talent show. He was thinking on singing since he wanted everybody see his true talent and although he’s done that a lot already, it was truly worth it. People can recommend him and share his video on social media so everybody can see him. It could be a kickstarter for his career. So an idea came to mind and he was eager to tell his friends.

-

“We’re going to what!?” Xiumin answered a little angry at Baekhyun’s proposition at what they should do at the talent show. Baekhyun texted all the guys in the dance group telling them to have a quick meeting at the front of the school before the bell rang. All the excitement he had went down the drain as he saw Kai’s shocked face, Minseok’s angry expression and Jongdae’s look of disapproval.

“Yeah… I can sing a pretty cool song and you guys can be my… background… dancers…” Baekhyun said lowering his head. The idea sounded very awesome at first but now it sounded as if he wanted to shine over his friends. It wasn’t his intentions to make them his shadows. He just wanted to give a great presentation.

“Byun mothering Baekhyun, what the hell you think we are!? We aren’t working for you. We are a dance group and Kai is our leader, you're not. And even though he’s our leader, he doesn’t treat us as we belong to him and have to do everything he says.” Xiumin shouted. Everybody looked their way and Chen just told them to not listen to other’s conversations since it was rude.

“You say that as if I’ve done this more than once!” Baekhyun said, instantly regretting it since he knew he has done this more than once.

Minseok let out a sarcastic laugh. “Don’t you remember the welcome party of tenth grade? Oh, and the Halloween party at Seung’s house? Or the town’s fair?” Xiumin said remembering vividly those times when Baekhyun wanted to be the center of attention.

“Or last year’s talent show?” Jongin added crossing his arms. Minseok nodded recalling that time too.

“Don’t forget Ms. Jangmi’s wedding.” Chen said after a long time of thinking.

“In my defense, you guys were too drunk that night and I had to take the spotlight because the behavior of you three would’ve ruined our image.” Baekhyun answered defending himself.

“That’s not the thing here!” Minseok, full of stress, yelled. “See? You never notice the things you do wrong.” He huffed and Chen rubbed the guy’s back. Xiumin mentally thanked him for it and sighed.

“It’s… It’s difficult, you know? You guys already know what you want to be in life and will probably go to a university in order to achieve it, I can't. I’ve always had this thought since I was a kid that I was going to be an artist when I grew up and didn’t even payed attention to anything else nor got new interests. I studied hard because… , because no one loves dumb artists and it just boosts you if you say you're smart. I don’t even like school! But I stayed because of my ambition to become an artist. I practiced every day in my bedroom too just so I could refine my vocals and I always practiced ex

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter