Mini Series: Half Brothers: Bonding

Mini Drama: Half Brothers

Mini Series: Half Brothers: Bonding

 

        Thank goodness Seungcheol became more normal after having a good talk with Jeonghan and of course, with the help of his friend, Sung Hoon. The two agreed with the rules they made.

 

        Well, the rules they made for each other kind of pissed the both of them, while Sung Hoon, the witness, was laughing so hard upon reading everything they wrote, especially the ones that Jeonghan wrote. It was very simple yet precise.

 

Seungcheol’s Rules:

1. Inform me wherever you go.

2. Follow my given schedule in the house including the meals, cleaning and massage, unless he needed to do something more important like school or some special gatherings.

3. He must know his friends including their addresses and phone numbers.

4. Studies first!

5. No vices. If he want to drink, drink with me first before doing it outside with his friends, so he know his true colors while drunk. Drinking is allowed but no smoking and especially no drugs!

6. Jeonghan needs to rest every weekend alternately.

7. Be honest of everything.

8. More rules to go. To be continued.

 

 

Jeonghan’s Rule:

  1. Smile and be gentle.
  2. let me speak what’s in my mind and try to listen to me.
  3. I need freedom!
  4. Learn how to say the words “please” “thank you” and “sorry”
  5. Don’t over react.

 

Then, the two signed at the bottom of the papers.

 

 

It was weekend. And it was the right time for Jeonghan to meet his whole complicated family.

 

Early in the morning, Cheol asked Jeonghan to meet him at a certain boutique to look for his suit. Jeonghan went there after his half day part time job at Seungcheol’s company to meet his hyung with his baby brother, Hansol. On the other hand, the monster boss was already waiting for them outside the boutique. In his surprise, Sung Jae was right behind them alighting his Ferrari sports car.

 

Meanwhile, Jeonghan had no idea what made Seungcheol scowl, so he looked back to check it out. He saw his another half brother and as their eyes met, each of them smiled at one another. Hansol greeted him with a smile too.

SungJae was so surprised when he saw a baby on Jeonghan’s arms.

 

SungJae:

Who’s that, hyung?

 

Jeonghan:

He’s Hansol.

Hansol-ah, say hi to SungJae-hyung.

 

Hansol:

Hi, Jae-hyung!

(With a sweet smile with a wave.)

 

SungJae:

Is he your son?

 

Jeonghan:

He’s my little brother.

 

SungJae:

My brother too?

(He was confused.)

 

Jeonghan:

Oh, no. he’s my brother from another father.

 

SungJae:

Ah! Aigoo~

(Greeted Hansol back.)

Hi, baby!

(He smiled sweetly.)

 

Jeonghan:

Are you going to fit on some suits too?

 

SungJae:

Yeah.

You too?

(Jeonghan nodded)

 

        They walked inside the boutique with Seungcheol’s piercing gaze following them.

 

Seungcheol:

Jeonghan-ah, we can’t bring Hansol with us in the party.

 

Jeonghan:

I know.

 

Seungcheol:

What color do you want to wear?

 

Jeonghan:

Anything you like.

I know you will change what I choose anyway.

 

        Seungcheol smirked and picked what he liked for his brother.

 

SungJae:

Choose one for me too, hyung.

(He asked Seungcheol)

 

Seungcheol:

Pick for your own.

(Instructed him coldly)

 

        SungJae was still smiling despite his hyungs cold actions towards him. So, Jeonghan noticed that SungJae was craving for his brother’s love and assumed that he’d probably lonely too. He tried to talk to him at least.

 

Jeonghan:

SungJae-ah,

 

SungJae:

(Responded quickly.)

Yes, hyung?

 

Jeonghan:

(He giggled because he responded rapidly.)

I think anything fits you.

(He thought that he too has a different charm, and he could not deny that he is handsome too.)

 

        SungJae strolled around the shop like a lost dog that made Cheol irritated and ended up scolding him.

 

Seungcheol:

Stay still!

 

Jeonghan:

Hyung, let him be.

 

        Seungcheol just let SungJae alone like Jeonghan requested.

 

Suddenly, Cheol thought that both of them may have some similarities because they both grew in a harsh environment. He knew very well how hard it was for SungJae to live in their suffocating house, especially when someone there would never accept you as one of their family, and it was their grandfather. At least Cheol was accepted, but not his two more siblings. That was because, his mother was chosen by his grandfather, and that he won’t accept anyone except her.

 

        Meanwhile, Seungcheol made Jeonghan fit a navy blue semi-casual suit, which was made of cotton. He partnered it with white pants and white boat neckline long sleeves and a pointy khaki shoes.

 

Upon fitting those, he looked different. Seungcheol, SungJae, and Hansol was stunned of how gorgeous and chic he was despite that wearing a very manly clothes. Seungcheol was a bit troubled on how he looked in that suit; though, it suit him well. Actually, he felt like he was seeing a celebrity, but of course, he wouldn’t let him know that he was trapped by his beauty once again.

 

Seungcheol:

You really look feminine; even though, you’re wearing suit!

(He scolded; though, it’s not his fault having that looks.)

Besides, you’re skinny. Get some fat and muscles after this party.

(He sighed.)

 

SungJae:

You’re stunning, hyung!

 

Hansol:

Wow!

(Clapped his tiny hands.)

 

        Even the sales assistants were trapped on Jeonghan’s charm wearing that semi-formal suit. His sweet beautiful yet manly appeal pierced women’s heart badly.

 

Meanwhile, SungJae fit his clothes, and it was surprisingly good. Jeonghan was amazed on how SungJae wears and choose his clothes. He’s indeed a trendy person. Even the choice of color and pairings were a little unique for him. SungJae wore plaid maroon suit and slacks with turtle neck long sleeves as his inner.

 

Jeonghan:

Wow!

You look good on it, SungJae-ah.

 

SungJae:

Really?

 

Seungcheol:

He’s lying. You look like someone from the circus.

(He teased his brother coldly)

 

Jeonghan:

Don’t mind him. He’s just teasing you.

(He smiled)

 

Seungcheol:

Ya, don’t be so kind to him. You don’t know him yet.

 

        Meanwhile, it was the big boss’ turn to try on some clothes. Seungcheol was fitting his all-black outfit from head-to-toe. It looked very classy with the embossed flowery texture on his sides, and yet arrogant with the small details like the bold white stitches. As usual, Seungcheol looked godly unlike the two fancy boys beside them. He’s handsome in black and white, sometimes, he also looked unbelievably good and warm in khaki or any shade of brown and navy blue. It’s the only colors he wears. They couldn’t even imagine that he could wear any other colors beside those that were in his cabinet.

 

Jeonghan:

Are you going to a funeral?
(He teased)

 

Seungcheol:

Yes.

Let’s go!

Leave Hansol to Mrs. Park, she’s waiting at the salon I told her.

 

Jeonghan:

Salon?

 

Seungcheol:

For grooming.

 

        SungJae just came along with them. Seungcheol wouldn’t mind or maybe he was just ignoring him, and let him do as he pleased as long as he won’t be disturbed.

 

        Then, all of them went straight to the party after their grooming. Jeonghan rode Seungcheol’s car, while SungJae drove his own car.

 

-Choi Il Kook Party in a Five Star Hotel’s Function Room-

 

As expected of a rich man’s party, everything was fully decorated and guests filled the whole venue wearing formal dresses while carrying a glass of wine. Nevertheless, it did not withstand the beauty of the three brothers who were walking down the aisle.

 

        A waiter came and offer them a glass of wine. Cheol got his, but he did not allow Jeonghan to get it. On the other hand, he didn’t mind if SungJae would get a glass or not. Since Jeonghan didn’t get one, he didn’t get too. He’s kind of copycat with Jeonghan, and he loved it.

 

The three brothers were assisted to their table together with their real family. Their dad and grandfather were sitting right next to them. It was notable that SungJae behaved unlike earlier.

 

        As soon as the old man saw Seungcheol, he greeted him with a big hug; though, it puzzled the old man of the one who was beside him.

 

Grandpa Choi:

Who’s with you?

 

        Before Seungcheol could answer, Il Kook did the introduction.

 

Il Kook:

He’s Yoon Jeonghan. My son from Yoon Ha Jin.

 

        Immediately, the old man scowled as he felt disgusted after hearing the truth.

 

Grandpa Choi:

Why is he here? He’s not welcome here.

 

        That harsh treatment Jeonghan received was new to him; nevertheless, it was fine with him because he knew where he really belonged.  And as long as his hyung was with his side, it’s just okay. At least he had Seungcheol to defend him.

 

On the other hand, Seungcheol looked at him with his worried expression, hoping that it may not affect Jeonghan. Fortunately, when he asked Jeonghan if he was feeling okay, Jeonghan nodded his head and assured him with a wink and a cute smile. The concerned hyung became at ease when he saw Jeonghan’s naughty reaction and smiled.

 

Seungcheol:

Just bear with it.

After all of these, you will get your inheritance. Do what you want.

(He smiled)

 

        Jeonghan was taken aback with his hyung’s charismatic smile with his very deep dimples, which adds to his handsomeness.  He froze for a moment. It was like he was more shocked by his hyung’s smile than the harassment he was experiencing with their grandfather. Soon after, SungJae’s mom appeared and greeted his son merrily with hugs and kisses, but SungJae’s face did not seem to enjoy his mom’s greetings.

 

Granpa Choi:

This !

(He murmured)

 

        The observing Jeonghan did not like his grandfather’s attitude. He did not like the fact that he was abusing his power in stepping on other people. He just ignored it and focused his eyes to the other ignored young man beside him, who was SungJae.

 

Jeonghan was at least greeted (though it’s cruel) by the old man, while SungJae was being ignored like a ghost. Even his mom ignored him and went to their father after giving him a smile and a quick embrace. Then after that acting, she gave a glare to the new face, Jeonghan as she didn’t know who that was. Or at least she had that signal that Jeonghan was Il Kook’s lost child that he’s been looking for the whole time, and it pissed her off.

 

Poor boys. Since they were both struggling on finding someone or some group that they could fit in or accept them, they made sure that they’d stick together all the time. Seungcheol, on the other hand, was busy entertaining their relatives, while his eyes were checking on the two boys from time to time.

 

About his feelings for SungJae, it was not because he hate him that was why he was ignoring him. He just realized that he has no fault of being born in the world by the two sinful human being. He was also like him, but he didn’t like the idea of getting close with someone ever since her mother died, except for his best friend and now Jeonghan. Besides, he wasn’t sure if they’d be good together. And of course, to avoid contact with his dad’s irritating mistress, which was SungJae’s mother.

 

        The boss was quite secured that Jeonghan and SeungJae won’t feel outcast because they already created a bond between them. But it never leaves Seungcheol’s mind that SungJae might, someday, get Jeonghan from him, so he couldn’t let his guard down. Because he treated Jeonghan precious, and he was the only one that he considers his family as of the moment.

 

        Time to eat dinner! SungJae dragged his Hannie hyung to the buffet table to get some food. Returning back to their table, their grumpy grandfather noticed the two unwanted visitors, who were taking and enjoying all the privileges that was given to them freely using the fortune of his family, and it made him mad. He kept on degrading the two boys by his loud whisper.

 

Grandpa Choi:

These beggars! They do not belong here. How dare them share a table with us!

 

Il Kook:

(He heard everything his father said)

They are not beggars, father. They are my son and they are your grandchildren.

 

        The two who couldn’t stop listening to their conversation remained frozen at their seats.

 

Grandpa Choi:

They don’t deserve to be here.

 

        Later on, Seungcheol went to the table and rescue the two innocent boys who knew nothing about everything in their family. All they did was to be born in this world, and it was not their fault.

 

Seungcheol:

(Whispered stealthy)

It’s not their fault Granpa, it’s your son’s fault. (He blame it all to his father.)

 

Il Kook:

(He was surprised, but he was glad that he has his side this time.)

Cheol is right, dad. Blame it all on me. They have nothing to do with this!

 

Seungcheol:

Han-ah, Jae-ah eat a lot.

(He smiled)

 

        The two surprised boys weren’t prepared for a gentle yet strong attack of their hyung, and they behaved very well after that. They thought, they saw a ghost. Seungcheol became a different person all of a sudden! They thought that maybe because of the crowd; that he couldn’t be rude because that night is the night when their father will distribute their inheritance.

 

        Meanwhile, Seungcheol leaned on Jeonghan’s shoulder and whispered.

 

Seungcheol:

Still okay?

 

Jeonghan:

(He was a bit surprised.)

Wae?

You’re making me feel uncomfortable.

It’s okay that they keep on stepping on me. I understand that, but you acting like that, it gives me creeps.

 

Seungcheol:

(Went back to his normal self)

I was trying to comfort you, you know.

 

Jeonghan:

I’m fine. Talk to Sung Jae. I think he’s kind of lost.

Hyung, do you know that woman?

(Pointed at SungJae’s mom.)

 

Seungcheol:

(Confirmed it.)

Yes, that’s SungJae’s mom.

Why?

 

Jeonghan:

I don’t like her. She makes SungJae sad.

 

Seungcheol:

(He checked on the happy-go-lucky yet sad SungJae on the side and called him because Jeonghan might be right. And he got the feeling that his mom was just using her son to get their father’s favor.)

Ya.

 

Jeonghan:

His name is SungJae, boss!

 

Seungcheol:

SungJae-ah…

 

        As expected of the enthusiastic boy, he looked at his hyung’s direction.

 

Seungcheol:

Ummm…

(Loss of words)

 

Jeonghan:

You want to go out with us after?

(He giggled and get his card given by his father from his leather wallet)

My treat!

I mean… the old man’s treat!

 

        He laughed so sweet that made SungJae and Seungcheol feel that they were at home.

 

Seungcheol:

You’re getting good at it, Jeonghan-ah. I’m proud of you.

(Ruined Jeonghan’s hairdo)

Let’s go now. The food isn’t nice here.

I’ll excuse us.

 

Jeonghan:

I thought you’re going to wait for your dad’s announcement.

 

Seungcheol:

That doesn’t matter anymore. I’m sure that we have each anyway. I need to escape from this hell.

And Jeonghan-ah. My dad is your dad too!

You’re so smart but you can’t remember those things! Tsk!

(Faked his annoyed face.)

 

        Seungcheolfinally met and talk to his dad closely, after a few years of not talking to each other personally.  Thanks to his two siblings they were talking to each other again.

 

Seungcheol:

Old man, we gotta go.

 

Il Kook:

(Knew what he means)

Okay. I understand. I leave them to you, son.

You have to tell me where you will go.

 

Seungcheol:

(Realized that he was like his father somehow because when he was a kid, he always remind him of texting him wherever he goes.)

Alright. Jeonghan will.

 

Il Kook:

Tell them, I’m sorry about what happened.

 

Seungcheol:

No worries, I think they are strong enough for those kind of insults.

 

Il Kook:

Thank you and…

(He paused for a while because he’s holding something back)

 

Attorney Jung Ho:

(Whispered)

Just tell them.

 

Il Kook:

I-

(Attorney couldn’t wait and pushed him harder.)

I love all of you. I’m sorry for everything, son.

 

        Seungcheol blushed and he felt like his soul had left him for a moment. It gave him creeps. Now, he understood what Jeonghan felt when he said that his sudden change gave him goose bumps.

 

Seungcheol:

(Took several seconds to reply back)

Umm…

(Cleared his throat)

Happy birthday!

 

Il Kook:

Go to a nice place and enjoy! Tab it all to me.

(He smiled)

 

Seungcheol:

Alright.

 

After their short talk, the eldest dragged Jeonghan and SungJae out of that boring oldies party. Cheol brought them in a high class bar. That bar was Cheol’s favorite hangout place.

 

Seungcheol:

Let’s tab it all to the old man. He said he’ll treat us because it’s his birthday.

(Showed them his debit card.)

 

Jeonghan:

You said I am not allowed to go to the bar! And now!

 

Seungcheol:

Yes. Not without me.

Don’t drink beer. A little sip of fine wine will do. Or maybe a mocktail.

 

SungJae:

For me?

 

        Seungcheol realized that it was time to know more about SungJae, since they were all in the same boat. It’s just that he was given more power than them.

 

Seungcheol:

Same goes for you.

(He smiled)

 

        SungJae was speechless. For the first time, he was noticed by his older brother. His hyung! His idol! He was so grateful that day and promised to himself that he would listen more to his hyung than his good-for-nothing-materialistic-mother.

 

Sung Jae:

Ne, hyung!

 

        The bartender gave Cheol a whisky, while the two younger ones where given 2 delicious mocktails. Then they ordered some food, which did not satisfy their empty stomachs, then after, they played billiards.

 

After the bar experience, they went in a restaurant where they can eat a real food.

 

Sungcheol:

Did you enjoy the bar?

(He asked because he was curious.)

 

SungJae:

Yes, hyung!

 

Jeonghan:

Not at all. It’s boring.

 

SungJae:

Boring!

How come you feel bored inside?

Isn’t it fun?

 

Jeonghan:

There’s nothing much to do.

 

SungJae:

(Wore a puzzled place)

Really?

 

Seungcheol:

He’s a nerd. Don’t ask him.

 

Jeonghan:

I’m not a boring one, though.

 

SungJae:

Hyung, how do you feel when you are at the bar?

 

Seungcheol:

Relaxing.

 

Jeonghan:

Weird.

(Pouted his lips which irritates Cheol)

 

Seungcheol:

Ya, don’t pout your lips! It’s irritating.

 

SungJae:

It’s cute, though.

(Imitated his pretty hyung)

 

Jeonghan:

Isn’t it?

(Did it again to irritate Cheol)

 

Seungcheol:

I told you not to do it!

 

Jeonghan:

Why?!

Can’t I express myself now?

 

Seungcheol:

Because, people might misunderstand you! Do you get it?

And you are a man! Don’t act like a child anymore.

 

        While Sung Hoon was not present, SungJae became their interpreter.

 

SungJae:

Ah! Because you look so cute!

They might think that you’re inviting them for a kiss.

Right, hyung?

(Looked at Seungcheol.)

 

Seungcheol:

(He sighed)

We are such a useless bunch of kids. Tsk!

 

SungJae:

Hyung!

(He called Jeonghan)

You’re so pretty. Did you happen to have any past relationships? I mean lovers. Do you have lovers?

And I’m curious if men asks you for a date or something.

 

        Seungcheol and Jeonghan were surprised with his bold unusual question.

 

Seungcheol:

Watch your mouth, brat!

 

Jeonghan:

I don’t have any relationships before. I’m so busy escaping hell that time, I’m busy with Hansol too.

For your second question… yeah, I encounter some.

 

Seungcheol & SungJae:

Some?!

 

Seungcheol:

They are interested on you?!

I mean men?!

What did you do?

 

Jeonghan:

Yeah. Mostly foreigners. I don’t know why, maybe they mistook me of a lady. Tsk!

Nothing. I said ‘no’ what do you think am I supposed to tell them?

Damn! I wish I have the same face as you.

 

SungJAe:

Well, I like how you look, hyung.

You’re gorgeous!

 

Jeonghan:

But it gives me so much trouble.

 

Seungcheol:

You’re doomed.

(He laughed)

You will never get married, Han-ah.

 

SungJae:

Then, I will marry you if no one will.

(He smiled widely.)

 

Jeonghan:

Aigoo!

(Facepalmed)

 

Seungcheol:

(Grabbed SungJae’s collar)

Say that again and you’ll be dead!

 

        A moment of silence conquered the place.

 

Seungcheol:

Hey, you have semester breaks, right?

 

Jeonghan:

Yes, why?

 

Seungcheol:

Let’s go to Japan!

 

SungJae:

I’m in!

Even though I’ve been there several times already. It’s different with you guys!

 

Seungcheol:

How ‘bout you pretty boy?

If it is Hansol whose holding you back? Don’t worry he’s the first person in my mind when I tell you about this trip.

(He smiled)

 

Jeonghan:

Okay. I’m in!

(He chuckled)

Please treat us, boss.

 

Seungcheol:

I’ll list it to that old man’s tab.

 

SungJae:

Why do you keep calling dad, old man or sir?

 

Seungcheol:

He’s not worth it.

(He smirked)

 

SungJae:

Really?

 

Jeonghan:

Just call him whatever you want, then.

 

SungJae:

Hmmm… I can’t think of any.

(He laughed)

Anyway, let’s go to Japan!

Thank you for inviting me.

 

Jeonghan:

Aigoo~ You’re so cute.

(Pinched SungJae’s cheeks)

 

        That night was their first bonding as brothers. Will they enjoy each other’s company in the long run or the series of the brother’s love-hate relationship would continue?