Mini Series: Half Brothers: 1004

Mini Drama: Half Brothers

Mini Series: Half Brothers: 1004

 

        It was the time to celebrate Jeonghan’s birthday for the first time after a very long time. He had celebrated his last cheerful birthday just right before his grandmother passed away.

 

        He was awaken by SungJae who went jumping over him, early in the morning just to greet him a very happy birthday. Jeonghan was still half asleep when he saw his three brothers around him. Well, for Hansol, he’s still sleeping on Cheol’s arms. He got Hansol because he knew SUngJae would be very noisy and transferred him to another bed, where SungJae slept.

 

SungJae:

Happy birthday, hyung!

(Kissed him on his cheeks which shocked Cheol)

 

Seungcheol:

(He found it too bold. Well, of course, he was envious too because he couldn’t do it like SungJae did. It looked so casual and natural.)

Yah!

 

Jeonghan:

(He smiled)

Thank you.

But I’m still sleepy.

 

Seungcheol:

Happy birthday!

(He smiled pulling him off his bed)

But you can’t be the master this time.

C’mon! Wake up!

 

        The two of them forced Jeonghan to take his bath and forced him to put some nice clothes on; though, it felt sad when they saw Jeonghan’s body full of scars from his dark past. They thought that; although, it was not painful anymore, his scars would bring his bad memories back. They both felt sad, but they maintained their happy –in Cheol’s case cold- face.

 

Seungcheol:

Let’s have our breakfast first. I will carry Hansol.

I will just get something, go first.

(Cheol signaled SungJae to force him to go down for breakfast)

 

        Meanwhile, Cheol woke Hansol up gently.

 

Seungcheol:

Hansolie~ wake up.

Let’s greet Hanhan a happy birthday.

Let’s bring him his cake.

Hansol…

 

        Slowly, Hansol opened his eyes and rubbed it gently.

 

Cheol:

(Continued whispering through his ears while giving him sweet morning kisses)

Hansolie~

Wake up now. Hanhan is waiting down stairs.

 

Hansol:

Boss~

(He smiled as he embraced him tight)

Hyuuuuuuung!

(He giggled sweetly)

 

Seungcheol:

Today is Hanhan’s birthday.

You want to give him a gift?

 

Hansol:

Yeeees!

(He shouted)

 

Seungcheol:

Let’s go down now?

 

Hansol:

I want to take a bath.

(He asked)

 

        Hansol didn’t want to go down unless he already had taken his bath. Seungcheol had no choice but to shower him and dress him before going down, that’s why they took too long. Nevertheless, Seungcheol managed to take good care of him and went down. He gave Hansol a small gift set and let him be the one who give it to him, while he went to the kitchen of the restaurant and asked for the cake he asked them to make.

 

        On the other hand, SungJae gave his gift before Seungcheol, but he won’t let Jeonghan open it yet until he had his cake.

 

Later on, Cheol and Hansol arrived.

 

        Hansol ran happily to Jeonghan singing a birthday song, carrying a box wrapped into some kind of birthday fancy wrappers. Their baby boy handed it over to Jeonghan pointing Cheol from behind.

 

Hansol:

Happy birthday, HanHanie~

Saranghae~

This give by boss.

(He smiled)

 

Jeonghan:

Saranghae~

Thank you, Hansolie~

(Looked at Cheol)

Thank you, hyung.

(Smiled)

 

        After eating their breakfast, his small cute and creative cake came on their table. As usual, it was cute with all the characters on it. Jeonghan blew the candle after wishing. Then, he opened his gifts given by his brothers. SungJae gave him an expensive watch, while Cheol gave him a set of accessories.

 

        Jeonghan appreciated their gifts and he was very grateful.

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you so much, they are pretty!

(He was so happy and he cherished those things not because they are pretty and expensive, but it was given by his brothers.)

 

SungJae:

You are prettier than those, hyung.

I hope you like it.

 

Jeonghan:

I like them!

Thank you.

 

Seungcheol:

(Teased the youngest with his gift)

You should have bought a more expensive one, SungJae.

(He smirked)

 

SungJae:

(Blushed)

But… his is a classic Jaquet Droz watch, hyung (meaning, it’s still expensive).

I was supposed to buy the ones with engraves but it was not available.

Then, next time.

 

Jeonghan:

No. this is enough. I really like this.

Simple and pretty.

It doesn’t matter if it’s expensive of not.

(He smiled gently)

As long as it came from you.

 

SungJae:

Saranghae, hyung.

You are the best!

 

Jeonghan:

Saranghae.

 

        It was the first time SungJae told that simple yet hard to speak words, but he managed to say it casually because it was Jeonghan anyway.

 

Jeonghan:

Saranghae, hyung.

(He stated to Cheol)

 

Seungcheol:

(He was surprised but replied anyway)

S-saranghae.

(He stuttered)

 

        They all laughed because it felt so awkward; nevertheless, they started their day with their good and sweet smiles.

 

        They went immediately to where they could rent their costumes. Jeonghan picked Hansol’s and he picked a cute kimono for little girls. SungJae and Seungcheol found it cute; though, Seungcheol scolded him because Hansol should wear men’s wear. Jeonghan did not listen to his hyung and let Hansol wear a very cute pink kimono.

 

        SungJae chose his, as well as Jeonghan, while Seungcheol, as expected chose a black one. They even asked for some fake samurais, so they could take a good photo on those.

 

        The boys were definitely having their relaxation while travelling, they weren’t on a hurry. They just cherished every moment that they were together. 2 weeks didn’t seem to enough. They went back to Korea. Surprisingly, Il Kook went there to fetch his three sons together with the cute Hansol.

 

SungJae:

Dad, what are you doing here?

 

Il Kook:

I miss the celebration.

(He smiled gently)

 

        They got no more words to say. They just hoped in his car and go with their father whenever he wanted to go. Another surprising thing to witness was Il Kook had no one to drive him, but they just kept it in mind.

 

Il Kook:

(Looked at his boys.)

Did you guys had fun?

 

Jeonghan:

Yes. Definitely, sir.

(His words contained some annoyed tone to remind his father that he did not forget what he did the last time they saw each other.)

 

Seungcheol:

What do you want from us, old man?

 

Il Kook:

We will celebrate Jeonghan’s birthday.

 

Seungcheol:

Fine. Where do you plan to go?

 

Il Kook:

I just want to dine with you.

(He smiled)

I want to somehow do the things that I missed.

 

Seungcheol:

Why are you doing this?

 

Il Kook:

(He blushed before explaining)

I understand you are not used to this, but now we are complete, I’d like to dine with all of us together.

 

Seungcheol:

Have you ever thought that it’s awkward for us?

 

Il Kook:

I know.

I would just like to see all of you eating together with me.

 

Seungcheol:

Fine.

 

        Jeonghan and SungJae let them talk and stayed quiet while listening. Later on, Hansol giggled, but they didn’t know why. Jeonghan asked Hansol about it; however, he just giggled.

 

        Then he noticed that he was looking at the dog toy in front, moving it’s head, wiggling and turning every movement the car makes. He clapped his hands and went to SungJae in the front seat. He was trying to reach the dog, but SungJae stopped him.

 

Il Kook:

SungJae-ah, let him.

(He smiled)

 

SungJae:

(Was quiet surprised with his father smiling at him.)

Uh-ah, yes.

 

        SungJae got the dog and felt awkward. Seungcheol felt the same.

 

Seungcheol:

Why are you acting like this?

 

Il Kook:

As I’ve said before, I just want to be with you.

 

Seungcheol:

Do you-

(Cleared his throat before continuing because it made him, somehow, afraid of the chances of what he was thinking.)

Do you have some cancer or what?

(He was waiting for his answer with sweaty palms because whatever he might have done, he was still his father and he’d really be sad if he too would have that kind of sickness which took his mother’s life.)

 

Il Kook:

(Looked at the rear mirror)

No. don’t worry.

(He smiled like the three never imagine that he could do it.)

 

Seungcheol:

(He was kinda relief)

Oh- alright.

You’re just going nuts.

 

Il Kook:

(He giggled)

You can say that.

But did you forget, Seungcheol?

 

Seungcheol:

The what?

 

Il Kook:

You like the restaurant we’re going now when you were a child.

 

Seungcheol:

I don’t remember anything more of my childhood except of my mother.

 

Il Kook:

I see. That’s why you forgot to call me dad.

(He felt sad.)

 

Seungcheol:

You can say that.

(He teased his father, yet he mean it.)

 

        Their conversation were quite getting more painful as they continued talking. SungJae just stayed quiet, and he felt sad for his hyung. Jeonghan felt the same way too.

 

On the other hand, Seungcheol was just so grateful that he got to know his two brothers and a little angel, and that his life, somehow changed and it felt better.

 

Il Kook:

(Changed their topic)

I heard from Sung Hoon that you are getting married this year.

 

Seungcheol:

Yes.

 

Il Kook:

Did you already have your engagement party? Would you like me to arrange it for you?

 

Seungcheol:

No need. She’s already wearing a ring.

 

Il Kook:

How do you plan to introduce her to us?

 

Seungcheol:

Just a simple dinner.

Soon.

 

Il Kook:

I see.

 

        They arrived at the restaurant and ate. It was expectedly awkward. They ate quietly. Hansol found it unusual, and tapped his fork to the table. Jeonghan stopped him immediately, but Hansol initiated the talk.

 

Hansol:

Hanhan? You sick?

 

Jeonghan:

Nope. Why?

 

Hansol:
(looked at Seungcheol.)

Boss, you sick?

 

Seungcheol:

No. why?

 

Hansol:

(Looked at SungJae)

Hyung, you sick?

 

SungJae:

Why, Hansolie?

 

Hansol:

You angry?

No?

(He began acting like he was a grown up man)

 

Jeonghan:

What’s the problem, Hansol-ah?

 

Hansol:

No talk.

(He pouted)

 

        The three giggled as they got what Hansol wanted to say. It was so quiet, so he wasn’t sure if they were just sick or they got into another fight.

 

Jeonghan:

Hansol-ah, we are quiet because there’s someone with us. He’s older than all of us, so we should behave.

 

Hansol:

Me too?

(With his big eyes)

 

Jeonghan:

Of course, Hansol ah.

He gives us food. What will you say?

 

Hansol:

(Looked at Il Kook and bowed his head)

Thank you, dad.

(He got that by listening to SungJae.)

 

        They were all surprised; though, Il Kook enjoyed hearing it from the young man.

 

SungJAe:

Hansol-ah, you call him, ahjussi.

(He giggled)

Or harapuji.

(He teased)

 

Hansol:

Ahjussi?

 

SungJae:

Yes.

(He smiled)

 

Il Kook:

It’s fine.

(He smiled)

 

        After he was done eating, he prepared himself to give his gift to Jeonghan, as well as, his speech for his three sons who were terribly hurt because of him.

 

        Il Kook gave a small piece of box to Jeonghan.

 

Jeonghan:

Oh, you don’t have to bother yourself giving me gifts. I’m fine.

 

Il Kook:

Please accept it.

 

        Jeonghan did not open it, but Hansol did it before Jeonghan could snatch it back. Hansol was excited to unwrap the wrapper. As he opened the box, he accidentally dropped the thing that was inside.

 

        Two keys fell from the floor. One looked like a car key because of the brand and control on it. And the other one was a just a key, but they were no clue at all of where would he use it. Before Jeonghan could ask, his father was ready to explain it as soon as it was opened.

 

Il Kook:

I already found a condominium for you to live in. that’s only for temporary. I will look for a house soon.

 

Jeonghan:

I’m fine with hyung.

 

Il Kook:

But he will get married soon.

 

        Jeonghan realized that he was true.

 

Jeonghan:

Oh yeah.

 

SungJae:

Hyung, can I be with you?

 

Jeonghan:

(Smiled)

Sure!

(He gladly agreed)

 

        On the other hand, Seungcheol was thinking deep too. He wanted Jeonghan and Hansol to stay with him, but at the same time, he knew that he and his wife to be needs privacy too. The shorter the time they would be staying together made Seungcheol very sad; nevertheless, he thought that it was better than living in their mansion with all the evil in the world. At least he’d try to make Hansol their official family no matter what.

 

Seungcheol:

Jeonghan-ah, if you have some problems, just call me.

I think it will be more comfortable for us to live separately after I get married.

 

Jeonghan:

Not now?

 

        He was confused with his hyung, because his fiancé was in their house already. It would be awkward for all of them to live together by any chance.

 

Seungcheol:

Why?

 

Jeonghan:

Your fiancé is already living with you, right?

 

Seungcheol:

So?

 

Jeonghan:

Don’t you think it’s kind of awkward? Besides, I have Hansol.

 

Seungcheol:

For Hansol, I will talk to her as soon as possible.

(He smiled)

 

SungJae:

What about Hansol?

 

Seungcheol:

I plan to adopt him.

 

        His father and SungJae were totally speechless of Cheol’s decision. They never thought that Seungcheol would do that. Some part of him melted when Jeonghan and Hansol began living with him.

 

Jeonghan:

Okay. But, hyung, don’t force her to do what you like.

We’re okay with any of your decision.

 

Seungcheol:

I’m sure, she’s gonna love Hansol.

 

        Jeonghan just smiled because he was happy that his hyung had such a kind and sweet heart; even though, he couldn’t speak it loudly and confidently.

 

Jeonghan:

Hyung, if you would allow me…

Ummm…

I want to move to the apartment because we might disturb you.

 

Seungcheol:

Could you just stay for a while?

(He asked)

 

Jeonghan:

No hyung.

Your privacy is more important. Don’t mind me.

I will visit you to bring you something.

 

SungJae:

Yeah, we’ll visit you to give you something.

 

Seungcheol:

Ya! Are you really going to live with them?

 

SungJae:

Yes!

Who will drive both of them?

Hanie hyung cannot use his car yet.

 

Seungcheol:

If that will make you comfortable.

 

Il Kook:

So, everything’s fine now?

I’m glad you love one another.

(Even though, he felt sad that he couldn’t be as close as his boys could be, he was still grateful that they’ve come to love one another.)

 

        On the other hand, Hansol who was just quietly listening to their conversation automatically said ‘I love you too’ to the old man when he heard the word love. It made Il Kook smile remembering when Seungcheol learned how to say those words for the first time.

 

Il Kook:

Such a sweet child.

Who taught you that?

 

Seungcheol:

No other than his self-producing parent.

Jeonghan.

For all you know, he took care of him since he was born.

 

Jeonghan:

Why do you have to tell that, hyung?

It’s embarrassing.

 

SungJae:

No. I’m really proud of you, hyung.

 

Il Kook:

I see.

I’m very proud of all of you too.

By the way, SungJae-ah,

Attorney told me that you shift to another course.

 

        SungJae was frightened. It was a secret, but how the hell did Mr. Attorney find that out? He was in cold sweat thinking of how to answer that question.

 

Il Kook:

My son, just make sure you want that course you are getting.

 

        SungJae shifted from Engineering to Medical Technology. The reason for this was, he started looking up to Jeonghan and he wanted to stay near him.

 

Jeonghan:

Ya, I thought you want to take microbiology?

 

Seungcheol:

(He was surprised that he wanted to learn those complicated things.)

You? What?

Can you do that?

I know you’re a bit smart but I don’t think you can handle those.

 

Il Kook:

(He had the same reaction with Seungcheol)

Are you sure son?

 

        In their case, they knew that SungJAe was just a happy- go- lucky-rich man’s- son. They didn’t know that he was good in studying. They didn’t have any clue on how intelligent he was. Only Jeonghan knew because he saw how SungJae quickly grasp every lesson he was teaching, and he was surprised at first too, knowing that his interest would fall for that. He looked sporty and relax, so he assumed that he liked cool and free things, only to find out that they had the same interest.

 

SungJae:

Yeah.

I want to be like Hanie hyung.

I want to enter his hospital soon.

 

        SungJae was not interested anymore in money. Now that he had his two brothers, he only wanted their love. The love that his parents failed to show him. Nothing more, nothing less.

 

SungJae:

At first, I want business ad because of Cheol hyung, but I realized that I might not enjoy that.

(He giggled)

 

        Seungcheol was surprised hearing that from SungJae despite his cold attitude towards him before.

 

Seungcheol:

You want to work for me?

 

SungJae:

Yup!

 

Il Kook:

(He giggled as he remembered SungJae when he was a bit younger)

I remembered how he’s like to meet and talk to you, Cheol. He really admired you back when he was a little younger.

He wore the same clothes you wear whenever he sees you.

He’d ask me to buy the same exact clothes you were wearing.

He said ‘dad! Cheol hyung looks so cool. I wanna be like him!”

(Il Kook imitated how excited SungJae was.)

 

SungJae:

Dad!

That’s embarrassing!

 

        Seungcheol was touched on how SungJae admired him.

 

Seungcheol:

Even though I don’t like you before?

 

Jeonghan:

()

So you love him now?

 

Seungcheol:

(Blushed)

n-no!

 

Jeonghan:

Don’t hide it, hyung.

(He winked)

 

SungJae:

Yeah, because you look so cool.

But you are more cool today!

I still admire you, hyung, but I adore Hanie hyung too.

(He laughed)

 

        After a small awkward get together, Il Kook drive them home. Da Eun was not there yet because she went to see her friends. Jeonghan got all the things they needed. Cheol brought out all Hansol’s things from his room and packed it neatly. He sure would miss the both of them, but he needed to let go because he would soon enter a new chapter of his life.

 

        Cheol accompanied them to their new condominium and see what was inside. It was quite nice for Jeonghan and he was sure that he could study well in that room because no one would bother him anymore.

 

Seungcheol:

You guys, just text me when you need me.

 

Hansol:

Yes, boss!

 

Seungcheol:

We’ll meet very soon, buddy.

 

Hansol:

Saranghae, hyung!

(To Seungcheol)

 

Seungcheol:

(Kissed Hansol on his forehead)

Take good care of Hanhan for me.

And SungJae,

You know what to do.

We’ll meet as soon as possible.

 

Jeonghan and SungJae:

Yes, hyung.

Take care.

(They smiled)

 

Jeonghan:

Saranghae~

 

Seungcheol:

(He smiled and stated that word more confidently.)

Saranghae.

 

SungJae:

Hyung!

Saranghae~

 

Seungcheol:

Aigoo!

(He sighed)

Saranghae.

(He said coolly)

See you!

 

SungJae and Jeonghan and Hansol:

See you. Take care!

 

-Seungcheol’s House-

 

        As soon as Seungcheol arrived home, he felt empty more than ever. Actually, he forgot that Da Eun was already back from America that he was startled when somebody entered the house.

 

Seungcheol:

KKamchagiya!!!

 

Da Eun:

(She was so surprised seeing Seungcheol full of emotion.)

Why, Honey?

Did I really startled you?

(Kissed him in his lips)

 

Seungcheol:

I-I was just thinking of something.

 

        Da Eun sat beside Cheol and leaned her slim and y body towards Cheol.

 

Da Eun:

I miss you.

 

Seungcheol:

(He smiled)

I miss you too.

 

Da Eun:

(She was itching to ask Cheol about their cute display in their living room. She thought it was his surprise for her. And she wanted to ask about the baby’s toys around the area, but now it was gone.)

Cheolie~ may I ask you something?

 

Seungcheol:

Go ahead.

(Kissed her on her forehead)

 

Da Eun:

Why do you have that small village?

And I saw some baby toys inside your room?

 

Seungcheol:

Oh, remember that I’ve told you that my younger brother stayed here with his baby brother?

I accompanied them to their new home earlier, but don’t worry, you’ll meet them soon.

And…

Da Eun-ah, I have to tell you something.

 

Da Eun:

Yes.

 

Seungcheol:

I want to adopt Jeonghan’s little brother.

(He excitedly took out a cute photo of him inside his wallet. It was his one by one picture taken from the last time he needed it for his passport.)

I’m sure you will like him.

 

        Da Eun was a bit disappointed with what Seungcheol had said, but she still composed herself and look at the picture to see the little boy Seungcheol adores.

 

Da Eun:

Oh, he’s so cute!

 

Seungcheol:

He just turned three last last month.

He’s a good and kind kid.

He’s reliable too.

(Chuckled)

 

        It was obvious in Seungcheol’s smile that he wanted him, without a doubt.

 

Seungcheol:

So? What do you think?

 

        He was actually anticipating the answer he was expecting; however, he couldn’t control everything with his power.

 

Da Eun:

Cheol, don’t get mad at me, but… I want to take care of our own child.

 

Seungcheol:

(He was a bit disappointed but he understood.)

I see. But, can you just take a good look of him.

 

Da Eun:

Alright!