Mini Series: Half Brothers: Healing

Mini Drama: Half Brothers

Mini Series: Half Brothers: Healing

 

            Jeonghan was finally out for several days of waiting and recovering inside the hospital. Jeonghan’s family wanted to have him inside their house, but their hurt angel refused. He wanted to be alone; however, Il Kook begged him to live with someone. So, for a while, Jeonghan lived with Mingyu and his mother, but they were asked to transfer (provided by IlKook) to a new home because Jeonghan would remember everything that his mother and uncle had done to him if he stayed in their old place. They presented their new home and it was also a form to thank Mingyu and his mother for taking care of their precious Jeonghan in their absence.

 

        Sometimes, Mingyu goes with him in the hospital to have his check up with his psychologist for a therapy. If Mingyu couldn’t come, Wonwoo would volunteer himself. They could hear everything, every pain and sorrow Jeonghan uttered. The boys felt bad as well because they didn’t know how to help him.

 

        One day, the police asked if he could give his detailed narration about the crime scene. They needed Jeonghan’s narration in order to file cases and identify the people who were involved because they heard that a group of police men belonged in that illegal work and they wanted them to be punished. They presented him pictures of some men whom he might recognize. Jeonghan, being scared of the faces that were presented to him confirmed that some of them were really involved.  He pointed out people that he could recognize before narrating. Wonwoo and Mingyu were there to hold Jeonghan’s hands and comfort him.  

 

-Flashback-

 

        Yeo Yoon, Kwang Soo’s friend and partner, knew Jeonghan when he visited KwangSoo house. –Actually, Yeo Yeon recognized him as Ha Jin’s boy; however, it was Jeonghan’s first time to see him, and it so happen that they were trying to find him too because of the poor Hansol- He was so gentle and caring in Jeonghan’s eyes that’s why he felt secured whenever he’s there. One time, Yeo Yeon saw Jeonghan alone, waiting outside the police station for KwangSoo to finish his request to find his missing little brother.

 

While waiting outside the police station, Goo Tak was already lurking around the place as if he knew that they were there. –Well, Yeo Yeon gave them the signal- His uncle waited for Jeonghan to be alone and when he got the chance, he showed himself. Goo Tak forced him to have a little talk until men gathered around him and put a handkerchief on his face. Jeonghan managed to escape but he couldn’t run fast because he was already feeling light headed. That was the time they electrify him with a stun gun and fell unconscious on the floor.

 

        When he woke up, he could still feel his head spinning; in addition, he found himself tied on a chair back in their filthy old house.

 

Goo Tak:

You know where your mother go?

 

Jeonghan:

(His eyesight was spinning and he’s groggy)

No…

She-she took Hansol away.

 

Goo Tak:

That !

She planned to get the money for herself!

 

Jeonghan:

What do you mean?

 

Goo Tak:

Hansol’s father came back asking for his son in exchange of a large amount of money.

That woman!

Argh!

(He shouted in frustration.)

 

Jeonghan:

Let me go.

 

Goo Tak:

(With a pissed expression, he got Jeonghan’s chin and forced him to look at him)

You are useless now!

(He said that because he had no idea that Jeonghan was accepted by his biological father before he and Hansol left.)

Tsk!

 

Jeonghan:

Please, let me go.

(He couldn’t grasp the situation because his vision was still blurry, but he heard someone was inside, talking to his uncle.)

 

Man:

I think, we’ll make money out of him.

I know someone who will like him.

(He smirked)

 

        That man grabbed Jeonghan’s face and took a picture of him sending it to someone through the internet. Then for a little while, his phone rang and asked for the price of the boy in the picture. They negotiated a good price and Jeonghan was sold.

 

        The next time Jeonghan opened his eyes was, he was concealed again in the small room he hated the most. He shouted for help, louder and louder. His uncle was pissed and point a gun on him, but someone stopped and calmed him down.

 

Man:

Hey, if he’s dead, our money is gone.

 

Jeonghan:

Please save me.

(He cried)

 

Man:

(He smirked)

Shhhh…

And you’ll be alright.

(He patted Jeonghan’s head)

 

        Jeonghan couldn’t recognize the other man because everything was dark.

 

        That night, Mingyu passed by that house as always and he thought he heard Jeonghan’s voice. He looked at their door and found Goo Tak talking to someone. At that moment, he again heard a shout asking for help. He didn’t believe it at first but when he heard it the second time, he was pretty sure that Jeonghan was inside that house again.

 

Goo Tak:

Shut up!

(While inhaling his cigarette)

 

Man:

Easy.

(Then he caught Mingyu and took a glimpse of him)

 

        Mingyu was alerted. He diverted his eyes in front of him and walked speedily. Late that night, he went straying around the area while confirming that someone was really inside that house who needed help. Then, later on, he heard not a shout but a knock and a voice that was, somehow, covered by something on the mouth.

 

        He was about to sneak in when Goo Tak and the other man went out the house talking to some foreigners. Fortunately, they left, so he got the chance to enter their house without being noticed. He went in as fast as he could and searched for someone. The first one he went to was the room Jeonghan had used before. He was right! He was put there with his mouth shut by a fabric and his hands and feet tied tightly.

 

Mingyu:

(Whispered)

Jeonghan-ah.

 

        Jeonghan cried and asked for help. Of course, Mingyu would help his friend who was in danger. As they escaped from the house, Goo Tak saw and chased them.

       

        While running away from Goo Tak, they bumped to someone.

 

Jeonghan:

Mingyu ya, he’s a police.

 

Jeonghan recognized him because he knew that he was KwangSoo’s office mate/ friend.

 

Mingyu:

Sir… sir please help us!  

(He said while panting, but no matter how tired he was, he never let go of Jeonghan’s hand)

 

Jeonghan:

Yeo Yoon hyung!

 

Yeo Yoon:

Jeonghan!

(With a surprised eyes)

What are you doing here?

 

Jeonghan:

Please, we are being chased.

Help us, hyung!

 

        That police saw Goo tak and another man chasing them.

 

Yeo Yoon:

Follow me.

 

        He trapped helped them and directed them inside a dark, small alley where no one would see them. The time when they stopped running, they ended up running into a street near the car junk shop. There, Yeo Yeon hit Mingyu with a wood he picked from the sides.

 

        Jeonghan was at shock. He was about to run but the police grabbed him tightly that he couldn’t let go, given his weak condition because of the drugs they let him inhale.

 

        The poor boy seeing his friend badly hurt and bloody was screaming for help.

 

Yeo Yoon:

Shut your mouth!

(He threatened)

 

Jeonghan:

Please save him. I will go with you.

(He pleaded)

 

Yeo Yoon:

Are you crazy?!

He will reveal about what I did.

You better behave, pretty boy.

(He smirked)

He’s lucky I didn’t use my gun. He must still breathing, but if no one came to rescue him, he’ll die by morning.

 

Jeonghan:

Nooo! Please let me go!

 

Yeo Yoon:

Shh!

Shut our mouth!

 

        Jeonghan was again brought back inside the inferno.

 

Goo Tak:

You bastard!

(He was so furious, but he couldn’t hit him because he must be in his best condition when the client sees him or else the deal was over.)

 

Yeo Yoon:

Our money almost run away.

Do your job!

(He reprimanded Goo Tak)

By the way, how much did you sell him?

(Observed him)

He’s really pretty. Can be prettier than some ladies out there.

 

Man:

You won’t believe it.

The boss likes him.

(He chuckled)

He said he’ll add him in his collection.

He didn’t even hesitate when we said the price.

We sell him for a \22,000,000

 

Yeo Yoon:

Alright!

(Caught Jeonghan’s chin and came closer)

Let me take care of him tonight.

 

Man:

Ya, make sure you won’t leave a mark.

We said he’s still a .

(Laughed)

 

Yeo Yoon:

You didn’t lie back then.

Let’s have a taste.

 

Man:

My reminder ! Don’t forget.

 

Yeo Yoon:

I’ll take it easy, don’t worry.

Go out. I need privacy.

 

        The police man started unbuckling his leather belt and started undressing Jeonghan as well. Jeonghan pleaded but no matter how he shouted or defended himself, he won’t let go. He kept on kissing, touching him in every part of his body. By the dawn, Jeonghan was crying, disgusted with himself. He was disgusted with the man sleeping beside him as he remembered every touch, every kiss, every sound of pleasure he made that awful night. He wanted to kill him. He wanted to kill him for disgracing him. That day, Jeonghan had lost everything. His family, his little brother, his friend, and his future.

 

        That morning, the police woke up like nothing happened, putting on his clothes back again.

 

Yeo Yoon:

I had a great time last night.

Behave well. We’ll see your owner.

He’s rich and he can give you everything if you can offer him the pleasure he wanted.

(Winked)

Goodluck!

 

        Goo Tak dressed him well to make him presentable. He made him wash himself, put on a perfume and dress ily.

 

        In the afternoon, they met the boss in a warehouse at the port. They presented the poor boy to him and he was pleased.

 

        The boss looked like a nice person. He was young and handsome in a nice set of suit with his neat haircut.

 

Boss:

He’s pretty. Prettier in person.

 

He came near him and smelled him on his neck with so much lust, while Jeonghan was shoving his head from that ert in front of him.

 

        The young boss liked how he acted –shy, scared and pure with his sad pretty face and whispered…

 

Boss:

I don’t usually go for a man but you are an exception.

(Touched Jeonghan’s face with his fingers)

I like you.

You are perfect for this night.

I can’t wait for the fun, pretty boy.

(He chuckled)

 

        He was brought inside an elegant cruise, dressed neatly and nicely. He looked like a doll with his porcelain skin. He was presented in the crowd and the boss was very proud of his beautiful new doll.

 

        After the introduction, they went to a private, cozy room and laid him down to bed. He started kissing him, and Jeonghan couldn’t do anything but to cry.

 

Boss:

You look so pretty.

(He looked at him the longest time he ever looked at someone)

I really like your face, my dear.

Be a good boy and make me happy.

 

Jeonghan:

Let me go…

Please.

(With his pleading eyes)

 

Boss:

Oh, how y.

(Looked at his doll with his disgusting smile.)

Let’s start now, shall we?

 

        When he dived into Jeonghan’s neck kissing and biting him possessively, Jeonghan swayed his hands and scratched on the young boss’ face which made him angry seeing that his face was ruined by the scratch Jeonghan marked on his face.

 

Boss:

You will regret what you did, brat!

 

        Jeonghan couldn’t escape from his strong hold. He suffered all night from the lustful desires of the devil until he was rescued.

 

-End of Flashback-

 

        Upon ending his narration, the boys felt really bad, but Jeonghan guaranteed that he would be alright because his friends was with him.

 

        Later on, KwangSoo approached him.

 

KwangSoo:

Jeonghan-ah, i-

 

Jeonghan:

Hyung, thank you for saving me that time. I heard you risk your life that you received those bullets for me.

 

KwangSoo:

That’s nothing.

 

Jeonghan:

How will I ever repay you?

 

KwangSoo:

Just don’t kill yourself, Jeonghan-ah.

You are so precious for everyone.

Visit me if you need to talk to someone.

You are still welcome to my house.

 

Jeonghan:

You won’t live in the suite anymore?

(He was sadden)

 

KwangSoo:

 (He giggled)

It’s too classy for me.

You know… I can’t even grill there.

 

Jeonghan:

But… they already gave that to you...

 

KwangSoo:

I don’t deserve that prize.

 

Jeonghan:

Is it because I- I tried to kill myself there?

 

KwangSoo:

That’s not my point.

I will be scared to go there if you really become an angel… but fortunately, you did not go to heaven yet.

I’m happy with that.

And besides, I’m not used to living with rich guys. I feel that I don’t belong there and I feel so much comfortable with my previous home.

 

Jeonghan:

It sure is comfortable.

I will visit you some times and please visit me too if you have time.

I will cook for you.

(He smiled)

 

KwangSoo:

Jeonghan-ah. I know I am not the right person to say you this but… continue living. I know you have suffered so much… but you are brave Jeonghan, so fight! Okay? I’ always here for you. We are buddies, right?

Be well, Han-ah. I hope you will feel better. I know you can.

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you hyung.

 

KwangSoo:

Take all the time you want but not too long, Jeonghan. They (his family) are waiting for you to come back in their arms. And your hyung… he’s hurt too. I think he learned his lesson in the most painful way possible, so-

(looked at Jeonghan with all his sincerity.)

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you, hyung.

(He smiled faintly again)

 

KwangSoo:

Ya, try to kill yourself again, and I will flay you alive!

(Slapped Jeonghan’s forehead)

Good thing, I didn’t leave my other gun, otherwise I-I will think it was my fault.

 

Jeonghan:

Hyung, none of it is your fault.

It’s mine. I am weak.

 

KwangSoo:

Promise me, you won’t do that again.

Promise me!

(He demanded)

Even though we just met, you have a big portion in my heart. And Hansol too.

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you so much, hyung.

(Gave him a tight embrace.)

 

KwangSoo:

 (He smiled)

I’m just here for you. Okay?

I’m only one call away.

(He winked)

And your hyung…

I know he hurt you so much, but… I think he repented already and, he had suffered enough thinking that it was all his fault. And SungJae too.

(He kept reminding him about his brothers.)

 

Jeonghan:

I can’t face them yet.

(He wore a sad face)

I didn’t mean to say those words but… but…

 

KwangSoo:

Okay, chill Jeonghan. I’m not hurrying you… like I said, take your time but not too long. I understand you. You don’t have to worry.

 

Jeonghan:

I will see you next time, hyung.

I will bring food every time.

Thank you again.

 

KwangSoo:

Ya, ya… you forgot something.

(Formed a heart shape with his long hands and acted animated so Jeonghan would feel light)

 

Jeonghan:

(He smiled)

Saranghae!

(Copied KwangSoo. Of course, Jeonghan’s action was cuter.)

 

KwangSoo:

Saranghae. Take care.

(He patted the young man’s head gently)

I’ll make sure we will punish those who hurt you.

(He smiled)

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you.

You too! Take care always! Eat well. Okay?

Don’t catch bullets anymore. Dodge them!

(He giggled)

 

KwangSoo:

I already learned that because it hurts you know.

(He winked)

 

-Seungcheol’s House-

 

        He was bed ridden in his own room with nebulizer and all the medicine while being nursed by Mrs. Park, sometimes, Sung Hoon, sometimes SungJae, and sometimes Il Kook. He was terribly ill and what added to his stress was his heavy heart. He was in a bad shape. He cried every night thinking how hard would it be for Jeonghan living each and every day. That was the weakest Cheol they ever saw.

 

Sung Hoon:

Cheol, give yourself a break.

(He was terribly worried about his friend)

 

SungJae:

I’m sure Jeonghan hyung will come back to us.

 

Cheol:

He cannot even smile, SungJae ah.

His wound is much deeper than I have.

I-I should have-

 

SungJae:

Hyung! Be strong!

We need you, you know!

You are killing yourself!

I don’t want to lose you!

(He bit his lips in annoyance)

 

Seungcheol:

SungJae ah, please help Jeonghan be happy again.

Please help me.

 

SungJae:

I will. I will. Just wait.

Jeonghan hyung will be back.

You’ll be proud of me.

(With his tears filling his eyes, but he was preventing it)

 

Seungcheol:

(He showed a weak smile and voice.)

I am proud of you, brother.

You are doing great.

I am proud of you two and I love you both so much. Remember that.

 

SungJae:

Hyung! Don’t be like that. You are scaring me!

 

Seungcheol:

I will be fine. Let me sleep now.

 

SungJae:

I’m warning you… don’t kill yourself too!

 

        SungJae removed every sharp object that was inside Seungcheol’s room. He even removed the landline because he was afraid that his hyung would strangle himself with the telephone cord. He was weird, but at the same time cute. He’s the most traumatize among all of them. He became paranoid and creative, thinking of things and ways on how people commit suicide. Well, that’s their SungJae.  Seungcheol noticed it and smiled.

 

Seungcheol:

Psst. SungJae-ah. Don’t worry, I’m not that brave to hurt myself. My asthma is enough.

(He smiled weakly while on his nebulizer)

 

SungJae:

Oh. Alright.

(He became sad)

I wanna visit Hanie hyung.

 

Seungcheol:

Just give him a little time.

 

SeungJae:

When will Hansol come back?

 

Seungcheol:

Soonest.

I’m asking attorney to prepare everything for them but I hope they’d give Hansol back to Jeonghan.

(He sighed)

They said that the adoption paper were legal and besides, he’s his biological father. It would be harder for him to give Hansol too, since he wanted him.

 

SungJae:

I see.

(Bowed his head in disappointment.)

 

        On the day Hansol had landed back to Korea, his- now- parents were with him. He obviously got fat and he’s been well taken care of based on the smile he wore. His step-mother adores him so much and Hansol never left her side. They looked like a happy family- a real happy family.

 

Cheol fetched them at the airport. But as soon as Hansol saw his beloved boss-hyung, he jumped and pulled his step mother towards the young tycoon.

 

Hansol:

Mama! Look! Boss!

Boss hyung!

 

        Seungcheol, as always, gave Hansol a bright smile; though, he was hurting inside. He lowered his knees and received Hansol’s tight hug and kisses. On the other hand, he gave the same too.

 

Hansol:

Boss! I miss you.

I love you!

Hanhan?

 

Seungcheol:

We are going to meet him.

(He smiled)

 

Hansol:

Yay!

 

Seungcheol:

(He was happy seeing that Hansol looked so healthy and happy as ever.)

Are you happy to know Papa and Mama?

 

Hansol:

Yeah!

 

        Seungcheol thought that Hansol would not easily let go of both. When the time comes the boy needed to choose, he would be confused.

 

        Seungcheol called Mingyu to tell Jeonghan to go to a café near their house, so that they could meet Hansol there. It was so hard for Cheol to think that he might get hurt again when he’d see how happy the family was. He knew that Hansol needed a family and so as Jeonghan, but they had to make a decision.

 

        Jeonghan and Mingyu went to the café first and waited patiently. Actually, Jeonghan couldn’t wait any longer. He was excited. When he heard Hansol’s voice from his back, he felt flattered. He stood up and faced Hansol, whom he know would recognize him from his back, and would ran as fast as his little legs could to reach him. However, as he faced them, Hansol was running but his hands were connected to the couple both on his sides. The clock suddenly stopped ticking that time. Jeonghan, seeing how happy Hansol was of having them (His new family) knew very well that he couldn’t raise Hansol alone. He realized that his brother needed a family, a true family that would guide him well. The gentle smile from his face faded slowly. Cheol and SungJae, on the other hand, noticed the sadness painted on his face.

 

        Then finally when Hansol was near Jeonghan, he stopped for a while, and his eyes suddenly glistened. He released his tight clutch on his parents’ hands and without a break, he sprinted as if he was near a goal.

 

Hansol:

Hanhan. Saranghae! Saranghae!

(Showered him with kisses)

Saranghae, Hanhan.

(He cried because he missed him so much, and he embraced Jeonghan tighter than he was gripping his parents’ hands.)

 

        With Hansol’s cry and embrace, Jeonghan knew that the boy missed him so much, and same goes for him. The two had finally reunited. Jeonghan carried him on his arms and wiped his tears.

 

Jeonghan:

Saranghae, Hansol-ah.

I miss you so much.

(He laughed but his tears fell too)

Why are you crying?

You’re making me sad, Hansolie~

 

Hansol:

(Still crying while wiping his older brother’s tears too.)

Don’t cry. (You’re) making me sad too.

(With his puppy eyes and cute sad voice.)

 

Jeonghan:

You’re all grown up, brother!

I’m so proud of you.

Introduce me to your parents now.

(He maintained his smile, even though, that word keeps breaking his heart)

 

        Meanwhile, his parents felt love when he saw the two caressed one another and realized that Jeonghan has been his parent all along. He became a great mother and father for his brother. Well, they could see them on Hansol’s attitude. He’s loving and kind, just like his brother.

 

        On the other hand, Seungcheol and SungJae’s hearts were breaking too because they knew that it would hurt either Jeonghan or his parents if Hansol had to choose.

 

Hansol:

(Introducing his brother to his parents)

Papa, Mama… Hanhan!

 

        The couple and Jeonghan greeted one another with a smile.

 

Jeonghan:

Sir, ma’am, thank you for taking good care of my brother. He got fatter and jollier than before.

(He giggled sadly while holding Hansol’s hands tight.)

 

Hansol’s dad (John):

That’s nothing compared to what you did to him. We should thank you.

(Got Jeonghan’s hand)

Thank you so much. How should we repay you?

 

Jeonghan:

That’s nothing. He’s my brother and I love him so much. Hansol takes good care of me too.

(He smiled)

 

Hansol’s dad (John):

(With his concerned expression)

I heard what happened, so I immediately agreed to Cheol and see you personally.

How are you?

 

Jeonghan:

Don’t worry, I’m fine, sir.

(He smiled)

 

Hansol’s Step Mom:

It must be hard for you.

(She was sad because she was assuming that Hansol would go to him; in addition, what he experience was tough enough.)

 

Jeonghan:

Will you go back to America?

 

        That question surprised everyone.

 

John:

Yeah.

 

Jeonghan:

I am sure Hansol will be a very good kid, so please take good care of him.

 

John:

We will.

(He smiled)

How about you?

 

Jeonghan:

I’m just fine.

Seeing you loving him so much…

(He smiled looking at his little angel.)

From his smile and how he called the both of you. I will be fine.

(His tears fell from his red cheeks)

He needs you more.

(Then he smiled again while wiping his tears.)

Just please…

Just please let me see him once in a while. I beg you.

(Sobbing)

 

        On the other hand, Jeonghan’s family and Mingyu were feeling sad for Jeonghan too. They knew how it hurts him. They knew how much Jeonghan would endure if Hansol was not by his side.

 

John:

(John embraced him to comfort him and to thank him for giving them an opportunity as Hansol’s parents.)

I promise. Thank you, Jeonghan.

You’re such a sweet and kind child.

Your parents must be glad from having you.

(He smiled)

We will stay here for a while, so Hansol can be with you for a moment.

 

Jeonghan:

I think you shouldn’t.

(Looked at John into his eyes with his serious yet sweet face.)

 

Seungcheol:

Jeonghan-ah.

 

SungJae:

Hyung!

 

Jeonghan:

(He smiled)

The longer I see him, the harder I will let him go.

It will break our hearts more.

 

        Hansol’s step mother touched Jeonghan’s hands and wiped his tears just like that of a mother.

 

Hansol’s step mother:

We will take good care of him.

I will give you my contact, so you can call me anytime.

 

Jeonghan:

I’m glad that finally, he has a family.

I hope I have a sweet mother like you to, ma’am. Hansol is very lucky for having you.

Thank you.

 

Hansol’s step mother:

No. He’s lucky for having you.

(She smiled gently)

 

John:

You are his family too.

(He smiled)

We’ll make sure we visit or if not, let him call you all the time.

 

Hansol:

Hanhan… go with us?

(He invited)

 

Jeonghan:

(Kissed Hansol’s cheeks and whenever he could)

I will see you.

Be a good boy to mama and papa.

 

Hansol:

You?

 

Jeonghan:

I will stay here.

 

Hansol:

(He cried)

Why? Why? Why?

(Embracing his hyung tightly while wailing)

 

Jeonghan:

(He prevented to cry but he just couldn’t)

Who will look after Grandpa? Dad, boss, JaeJae, and Mingyu hyung?

You need to take good care of them too (Hansol’s new parents).

(Wiped his baby brother’s and his tears)

Don’t cry now.

(He carried him in his lap)

You’re a big boy now, Hansolie.

We will still meet.

 

Hansol:

No. I wanna take care of you too.

 

Jeonghan:

They (the hyungs at his back) will take good care of me, Hansol.

If we meet later, then that’s the time to take care of me.

You have to study hard. Help them and love them like we do, okay?

 

Hansol:

(Embraced him)

Nooooo! No! No, Hanhan! I wanna be with you.

 

Jeonghan:

You are always with me Hansol.

(He looked at Hansol)

Remember our locket?

(He said dearly and Hansol nodded)

Can you do that? Or I will do that first?

 

Hansol:

You!

(Sobbing)

 

Jeonghan:

Alright. Give me your palm.

 

        Hansol reached his little hands to Jeonghan. Jeonghan was preparing himself doing their magic. The older caught something on his heart and put it on Hansol’s palm in a manner that it won’t escape.

 

Jeonghan:

Here!

(He executed it with full of suspense)

Here is Hanhan’s part of heart safely delivered on Hansolie!

 

        It was Hansol’s turn to act, so as soon as Jeonghan’s “part of heart” was delivered safely on his palm, he put it on his heart and giggled.

 

Hansol:

Jja jjaang~

(With his big cute eyes)

Concealed and…

(Waiting for Jeognhan’s action)

 

Jeonghan:

(Draw a heart shape on his small chest)

And… signed!

Your turn!

 

        Hansol did the same, and they both looked cute while doing it as they sealed everything with a kiss. SungJae wanted that too, but Seungcheol asked him to behave. But he didn’t have to wait long as Hansol asked all of them to have a part of his heart. So, SungJae willingly did it, while Seungcheol shyly did his promise to their little man. On the other hand, Mingyu was used to it and he did it with cuteness too.

 

        Their meeting lasted until dinner, and it was time to go. Jeonghan was pretty sure that he was just fine because like what he said, it’d be harder for him if it’d take long.

 

        Jeonghan bid goodbye to his baby brother as calm and gentle as he could, and Hansol did the same and kissed him and embraced him so tight.

 

Jeonghan:

Bye Hansol.

See you.

 

Hansol:

Bye bye Hanhan.

See you tomorrow.

(He smiled)

 

Jeonghan:

I am busy tomorrow little man.

(He giggled)

 

Hansol:

Okay. See you.

Ummm… see you ummm…

 

Jeonghan:

I will call, Hansol.

(He smiled)

Aigoo…

I love you so much.

 

Hansol:

I love you too!

 

Jeonghan:

What’s your promise?

 

Hansol:

Be a good boy!

Help Papa and Mama

Study hard

Eat well

Take care of and… and love, Papa, Mama, you and hyungdeul!

 

Seungcheol:

See you soon buddy!

 

Hansol:

See you too boss hyung!

Please don’t fight anymore.

Love one another.

(He scolded them)

Promise?

 

Seungcheol:

Promise.

I love you.

 

Hansol:

Love you. See you.

 

SungJae and Mingyu:

Saranghae!

 

        Hansol kissed them and formed a big heart shape on his arms for all of them.

 

Hansol:

Tell grandpa and dad I love them too!

(Chuckled cutely.)

I will go back. Wait for me.

 

Jeonghan:

Alright!

Introduce me to your friends soon, okay?

 

Hansol:

Okay!

 

        Hansol’s parents hugged Jeonghan tight and warm saying “thank you” and “you did great, Jeonghan”

 

Hansol’s step mother:

I will fulfil my promise, Jeonghan. See you soon.

(She smiled gently)

Call me if you can. You can tell me everything, alright?

I can be your noona.

(She winked)

Because I guess there are some things your brothers and friends might not be able to understand you sometimes.

Feel free to call me.

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you, noona.

Have a safe trip.

 

        Finally, they already went back to their hotel and as for Jeonghan, he fell on his knees crying so hard, but at least it was lesser pain, since he saw how good Hansol’s parents were.

 

        SungJae and Mingyu assisted him, while Seungcheol slowly went to him and lifted him up as he gave him a tight and longing embrace.

 

Seungcheol:

You did great, Jeonghan.

I’m so proud of you.

(Caressed his crying brother on his arms)

I am sorry for everything.

(He smiled)

I guess this would be our last meeting

(He cried as well)

Thank you for everything.

I sincerely apologize for what I did to you.

Now, I have no excuses seeing you again, our angel.

( his head lightly)

But in case you need something… or maybe we can… you know…

Have a little talk… if you’d still accept that... But that is of course, it’s my excuse again.

(He giggled with all the pain)

Thank you Jeonghan-ah.

I’m really sorry.

(He kissed Jeonghan’s head)

So… this is I guess, our-

(He stopped momentarily)

Our goodbye?

SungJae will just be there. I will always be here, Jeonghan. Don’t forget that.

If ever you are…

If perhaps you would give me the chance to…

Another chance to be your family again…

I will gladly take that chance and never let go of you again.

I’m sorry.

 

Jeonghan:

I heard what happened to you and to Da Eun. I’m sorry.

 

Seungcheol:

I should have done that long before.

 

SungJae:

(He was crying)

Hyung…

Hyung please don’t forget us.

I’m begging you.

Please don’t forget that I love you so much.

(Hugged the two of them)

 

Jeonghan:

I accepted dad’s offer.

 

SungJae:

What offer?

(He was confused but Seungcheol knew about that.)

 

Jeonghan:

I will study abroad.

 

SungJae:

Far from us?

(He cried more)

 

Jeonghan:

I’m sorry.

 

        He escaped Cheol’s embrace slowly and mildly.

 

Jeonghan:

(Bowed his head)

Thank you for everything.

We will go now.

 

Seungcheol:

Be safe, Jeonghan.

 

Jeonghan:

You too.

I’m sorry.

 

Seungcheol:

No need to apologize.

Go ahead.

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you.

I will be back.

 

SungJae:

Can- can I go with you?

(Hoping that Jeonghan would let him.)

 

Jeonghan:

Maybe not too soon, SungJae. Sorry and thank you.

(He smiled)

Take care and study well.

You won’t lose to Hansol, are you?

(He teased his cute brother a little because he knew he’s like Hansol too.)

 

        That painful goodbye left the three of them a pierce of a sharp blade inside their hearts.

 

        Jeonghan went to London and study medicine. He was accompanied by Mingyu, who was asked to accompany him by his dad and study there as well -for Jeonghan’s sake- and sometimes, Sung Hoon visits him to give Jeonghan’s and Mingyu’s family an update.

 

-2 years after-

 

        SungJae was on his 3rd year in school studying law. He shifted to another course after the incident that happened to Jeonghan. Now he’s not copying anyone of his hyungs, he decided to follow his heart and do his best. At first, he attended law doubting himself, but eventually, he started loving it. And now, everyone in their family was so proud of him and his achievements, but he never neglected his love for soccer. Besides, if Hansol visits him, he should show him how cool he was when kicking the ball to the goal. Hansol was his biggest fan after all, and he shouldn’t fail him.

 

        Moreover, while still studying, SungJae applied at his hyung’s office for a part time job and earn money on his own. He tried to live without being dependent on his dad. He tried not to ask for money, especially when it’s just for leisure. Of course, he’s doing what his Jeonghan hyung advised him because he wanted to be him and his Seungcheol hyung someday. He wanted to be a strong and reliable man.

 

        Seungcheol, on the other hand, was more focused on his work, he was getting busier as always because they already expanded their business abroad. Too bad, he decided not to look for his future wife yet because he wanted to focus on his family first.

 

        One day, someone knocked on Seungcheol’s door aggressively saying “Boss! Boss!” Seungcheol and the others inside the room were surprised; moreover, what stunned them was the voice. It seemed small, coming from a kid.

 

        A kid opened the door and halted once his eyes caught Seungcheol’s eyes.

 

Hansol:

Boss!

Hyung! I miss you!

 

        Hansol’s speech had become more fluent, and he became more talkative. The boy was very busy telling him what happened for the past few years that they did not see each other. While, another familiar pretty boy came running towards them with full of energy as he hugged both Seungcheol and Sung Jae abruptly.

 

Jeonghan:

Hyung! SungJae!

I miss you!

 

        Jeonghan did not show himself to his family for two consecutive years, not because he was angry, but he was so busy studying and working at the same time. His grades were promising, and he boasted it to his whole family. Jeonghan never forget to chat with his whole family as well and gave them some life reports because it’s a must! Well as for Jeonghan’s grandpa, he was visiting Jeonghan as frequent as he could to have an update about his dear grandson. They often eat outside, and sometimes, Jeonghan invited his old buddy to places for a vacation.

 

        It just took Jeonghan few months before realizing that he was so wrong putting all the blame to his family especially to his hyung. He accepted very well that he too was at fault. So, by the time he realizes that, he gave Cheol a call, which made him attacked by asthma because he panicked and he was too excited that Jeonghan was calling him.

 

 

-Flashback-

 

Jeonghan:

Hyung?

 

        Upon hearing that words, Cheol stuttered.

 

Seungcheol:

Y-yes?

 

Jeonghan:

I’m sorry. I was harsh on you.

 

Seungcheol:

(He cried which Sung Hoon found surprising because he didn’t know who called)

It was nothing.

Are you alright now?

 

Jeonghan:

Are you crying?

(He )

 

Seungcheol:

I am not.

(He lied)

 

Jeonghan:

(He giggled)

I’m really sorry.

I love you, hyung.

 

Seungcheol:

Thank you, Jeonghan.

I love you too.

 

Jeonghan:

But I think I cannot visit you too soon because I am busy here.

By the way, I called SungJae before you.

(He giggled)

I’m so nervous because I thought you are angry at me.

 

Seungcheol:

Why would I?

I should be the one thinking of that.

(He smiled)

 

Jeonghan:

Hyung, please rescue, SungJae.

I think he’s having a heart attack?

 

Seungcheol:

(Worried)

Why?

 

Jeonghan:

He can’t talk. I don’t understand him. He’s crying all the time we talked.

 

Seungcheol:

(He smiled)
Don’t worry it’s not fatal.

I will wait for you.

I can’t visit you either.

The clients and other partners are so demanding.

 

Jeonghan:

Alright.

(He laughed)

I miss you, hyung.

Let’s have a video call.

 

Seungcheol:

No!

(He declined immediately because his red eyes would be obvious.)

Next time!

 

Jeonghan:

Why?

Are you busy or…

(He laughed)

Are you afraid that I might see your ugly crying face?

Don’t be so dramatic, hyung.

 

Seungcheol:

I’m not!

Bye now, I’m busy.

I’ll call you later.

 

Jeonghan:

Alright.

 

-End of Flashback-

 

        At last, the brothers were reunited again, but something broke their hearts.

 

Jeonghan:

Hyung!

I have something to tell you.

I’m engaged!

(He said with so much excitement in his expression)

 

Seungcheol:

To whom?

 

Jeonghan:

Sung Hoon hy-

Oh! Sung Hoon!

 

Seungcheol:

(He cried)

Why?! Are you dead serious? I know there’s a possibility but…

(He became weary)

You will kill me! I don’t want him for you!

Ya! I told you to marry a woman!

 

Jeonghan:

Beca-

 

        Before he continued his words, SungJae, Choi Grandpa, Il Kook, Wonwoo (working as a part timer), Mingyu (who went earlier than Jeonghan because it’s his vacation already) shouted “what?!” all at the same time.

 

 Sung Hoon, on the other corner, face palmed because their prank wouldn’t seem to last long because he’s gonna be dead soon. And he wished that Jeonghan would suffer too.

 

Jeonghan:

(Was surprised)

Omo!

(He laughed awkwardly)

That- that was just a.

 

Grandpa:

Ya, imma! Come here! Now!

 

Jeonghan:

Grandpa that was just a j-

 

        Seungcheol immediately grabbed Sung Hoon’s collar and was about to punch him, but Jeonghan stopped him.

 

Jeonghan:

Hey! It was just a joke.

We planned to prank you, but it seems it failed.

Actually… I am married.

 

All (except Mingyu):

What?!

 

        Well, Mingyu showed a confused face, especially seeing Jeonghan coming near him. The pretty guy embraced Mingyu’s arms tightly.

Jeonghan:

To him.

 

All:

What?!

(With a surprised face.)

 

        Seeing all of them with a shocked face made Jeonghan laugh.

 

Jeonghan:

You all looked cute!

 

Seungcheol:

Mingyu!

(He said angrily.)

 

Mingyu:

Hyung… I don’t know about this.

(With clueless stares with his body automatically curving to protect his poor body.)

 

Jeonghan:

Calm down.

You think I will marry a man?

Oh! Why not!

(He teased wearing his mischievous smile.)

Anyway… chill! I’m just kidding!

(Looked at IL Kook)

And dad, this ring is the one I borrowed you from last time, right?!

Tsk!

I already told you about this prank, and here you are looking more surprised than the others!

 

Il Kook:

I-I thought it was real.

I got nervous.

(Clenching his chest.)

 

        Poor Il Kook, he forgot that he was an accomplice. Jeonghan planned that to have a revenge from Seungcheol the last time he announced that he’s getting married. Besides, he kept pushing him to a man before, who was his best friend, Sung Hoon. He wanted to see his hyung’s reaction learning that what he said could be possible. He wanted him to know how he felt too, but he thought he went too far, as he could see Seungcheol, SungJae, Choi grandpa, and Il Kook’s frowning face.

 

Mingyu:

Ya!

Why do you have to involve me?!

 

Jeonghan:

Sorry.

(He chuckled)

Aigoo…

It’s ruined.

Hyung! (Seungcheol), please treat me and Hansol in a café. I want a cake and a coffee.

 

Il kook:

I gave you your allowance.

 

Jeonghan:

I don’t use that.

 

Il Kook:

Then what’s that for?

I gave that, for you to buy what you need and want.

 

Jeonghan:

Maybe next time, dad!

Hyung, c’mon! You owe us cake and coffee, chocolate for Hansol please.

(He giggled)

 

Hansol:

I don’t want chocolate, hyung.

I want juice.

Oh, no!

A shake and a bingsu!

 

Seungcheol:

Let’s go to a bingsu café then.

 

Jeonghan:

But I like coffee and cake. Not bingsu.

Hansol-ah. I will eat first. Can you wait?

 

Seungcheol:

Ya, Hansol shoul-

 

Hansol:

But hyung… you said we will eat bingsu. You said that’s the first thing we will do here.

 

Jeonghan:

But I like cake and coffee.

(He pouted his lips.)

 

SungJae:

Can we just take out the coffee and the cake?

 

Jeonghan:

I want to eat in a café!

(Scowled)

 

Seungcheol:

Aigoo!

Jeonghan-ah, let’s go for a bingsu first because you promised Hansol.

Ya, why are you acting like a kid?!

 

Jeonghan:

Because I want it, hyung.

(He let out his cute charms for his hyung to give up)

 

Hansol:

Okay then.

(He giggled)

You go first, hyung.

 

Jeonghan:

(He was surprised)

Why?
 

Hansol:

Because you said you like it?

(With a confused expression.)

 

Seungcheol:

Ya, don’t confuse us, Han-ah.

 

Jeonghan:

Yeah, but you said you want Bingsu too?

 

Hansol:

It’s okay. I will eat it later.

 

Jeonghan:

(He smiled)

Why?

 

Hansol:

Because hyung!

(He was frustrated)

I promised that I will take care of you when we meet, right?

(He spoke like a grown up man)

You always reminds me of that!

 

        Jeonghan laughed and kissed the 6 year old boy’s forehead.

 

Jeonghan:

Wow!

(He was surprised)

You’re really a grown up man now, Hansolie~

It’s been almost 3 years…

 

Hansol:

You keep reminding me that while chatting, hyung.

(He laughed sweetly)

So I will fulfil my promise because I love you.

 

Jeonghan:

I love you too.

 

        All of them were surprised and touched on Hansol’s mature mind and words.

 

Seungcheol:

Sungjae-ah, why not imitate Hansol, he’s studying well. I hope you could too.

 

SungJae:

(Defended himself)

I am studying hard! Did you look at my grades?

 

Seungcheol:

That’s nothing compared to Jeonghan and Hansol.

 

Jeonghan:

Hyung! Stop comparing us. Okay?

 

Seungcheol:

And you, when did you start growing backwards?

Look at Hansol.

 

Jeonghan:

I was just testing you!

Tsk!

 

        There comes the fight again, and there was Hansol to always calm them down.

 

        They had a great reunion but Jeonghan needed to finish his study abroad.

 

        After finishing his degree, Jeonghan lived together with Seungcheol, SeungJae together in Cheol’s house. Hansol would come and visit. Sometimes they’d go to their old house and have their meal together, eating Jeonghan’s more improved cuisine. And there you go… they attained their dreams! Besides having a successful career and a good life, they have a loving and perfect family!

 

 

HALF BROTHERS date ended: 12.25.2017

 

So, here is the end! I hope this doesn’t make you feel sad because it’s Christmas. Lol!

 

 

Happy holidays guys!

I just want to take this opportunity to thank all of you. To those who voted, subscribed and to those who takes time to read this story of mine.

 

And! Thank you so much for your comments. I love reading them. Thank you. It’s an honor to have all of you. Mmmwuah! Please receive my hugs and kisses!

 

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I hope that this story brought you a little chill time; though, some are heavy.

 

I know this story is not a romantic one. Hehehe! But I will make sure that I will make a new story for JeongCheol. A love story. ;D See yah!

 

Feel free to drop your comments below. I’d love to hear your side.

 

Merry Christmas!