Mini Series: Half Brothers: Change of Game

Mini Drama: Half Brothers

Mini Series: Half Brothers: Change of Game

 

            Jeonghan was feeling better because his cold-as-ice hearted grandfather, father, and Seungcheol hyung, and of course his ever loving SungJae were taking good care of him.

 

Love was never obvious with the three older ones, except for SungJae. The youngest was always ready to show his love to his pretty hyung every time, making him laugh all day. Also, Hansol didn’t skip the opportunity to participate in healing him through his aegyo.

 

        Jeonghan was able to go to school again, Seungcheol was the one who accompanied his siblings and Hansol before heading to his office.

 

The eldest decided to stay inside their home for a while, while his fiancé was taking care of something outside the country for their family business, so that he could monitor Jeonghan and Hansol and make sure that nobody would hurt them.

 

        After school, Jeonghan went to meet Mingyu again because he wanted someone to talk about things, and he really missed him already. He came with his friend, so that he could introduce him too.

 

        They went inside the café and found Mingyu serving food to a familiar girl in the café. As usual, she was with her man, but this time she looked problematic. She even jolted in the urge of vomiting. She was not calm as she was before. It was obvious that she was worried about something. Anyway, he didn’t mind them anymore and focused on Mingyu who looked at him and told him to sit and wait for a while.

 

        Jeonghan was with Wonwoo that time. Too bad that the others couldn’t come because they belong to a different group for another reporting.

 

While waiting, he could hear the two talk because they were seated right beside them again. He heard the woman saying.

 

Lady:

What should I do now?

(She was really stressed with the way she spoke)

 

Man:

We should calm down, c’mon.

 

Lady:

How can I possibly calm down?!

I’m pregnant and I don’t know what to do anymore!

(She said angrily)

 

        With that voice, she really caught Jeonghan’s attention and was able to look at her closely. But then, he tried to look and divert his attention on the other direction because he knew very well that listening to other’s conversation was a rude thing to do.

 

        Later on, Mingyu brought Jeonghan and his friend a coffee and a bread to enjoy.

 

Jeonghan:

Mingyu, this is Wonwoo and Wonwoo, this is Mingyu.

 

        They shook their hands and greeted each other politely.

 

Mingyu:

So how are you?

You look thin?

 

Jeonghan:

I got sick the other day. I couldn’t eat much.

 

Wonwoo:

You’re getting careless Han-ah.

 

Jeonghan:

Yeah. I’m so stressed. (With everything)

 

Mingyu:

Learn to rest Jeonghan.

 

Jeonghan:

That’s why I’m here.

(He giggled)

 

        Jeonghan enjoyed his free time with his friends for a while before going home in their creepy mansion.

 

-Inside the Mansion-

 

        Jeonghan went straight to his grandfather’s room and asked if he needed something so that he could concentrate on his studies later because he had an upcoming exam.

 

Grandpa:

Let’s eat then.

 

Jeonghan:

Do you want me to cook something?

 

Grandpa:

The food is ready. You don’t have to.

 

        Jeonghan was already used to the grumpiness of his Choi grandpa and started teasing him.

 

Jeonghan:

You don’t have to feel guilty, sir.

I can massage you right after we eat.

 

Grandpa:

(He grunted)

Tsk!

You don’t dare tease me, young man.

(Though he couldn’t help but to expose his smile in front of Jeonghan)

 

Jeonghan:

If you don’t want, that’s favorable to me.

(He more)

 

        Jeonghan knew that his grandpa wasn’t that cold and began feeling comfortable around him. He knew that his strictness was a result of his broken family. He thought that he acted like that because he needed to protect his family.

 

On the other hand, Choi grandpa started to flag down his strictness and rudeness because he felt secured now that his family was complete again. He was grateful of Jeonghan because he was the one who reunited them. He didn’t know if it was just a coincidence or fate. All he knew was he’s happy once again. He felt peace seeing Seungcheol and Il Kook talking. He was happy because he discovered that SungJae was not a bad person like his mother. In fact he’s a very smart and sweet person just like Jeonghan; moreover, Hansol’s presence was a big impact to them as he made all of them laugh because of his cuteness. And last but not the least, their one and only angel. He was happy because finally, love returned in their home. Well, except for the bitter old lady, which was SungJae’s mother. He wished she could live in another house far from them.

 

Grandpa:

Then massage my whole body until I sleep.

 

Jeonghan:
(he smirked while pretending to be upset)

Tsk!

You and Cheol hyung are copy paste.

(Jeonghan assumed that his grandpa would love to know him and Cheol’s similarities, and he was never wrong.)

 

Grandpa:

How come you say that?

(He became interested)

 

Jeonghan:

He asks me to do the same things you are requesting now,

… every single day.

(Tried to enumerate everything.)

To cook his food… to be punctual going home… and that level of being cold outside but he really is a warm person inside… and lastly, the massage until he fall asleep. Tsk!

 

        Grandpa Choi’s heart totally melted. From an iron like heart to a soft as a cotton one as he displayed a proud and pleased expression with Jeonghan’s statements.  

 

Grandpa:

Of course, he’s my grandson.

 

Jeonghan:

I know.

(He giggled)

 

        Jeonghan cooked dumplings as per Choi grandpa’s request. He prepared that the night before so he could just steam it right away.

 

He learned how to cook dumplings from his grandma because they sell that in the market to make money for living.

 

        They feasted that night with Jeonghan’s dumpling. Surprisingly, all the dumplings he made were gone.  He thought that it would reach until the next day, but there’s none left. The boys finished it and Hansol really enjoyed it. Since they liked it, he did not eat any except from the piece that Hansol gave him. He ate the other food served at the table and let them enjoy his cuisine.

 

        Il Kook requested for another set the next day and Jeonghan would gladly grant that simple wish for his father who’s making a lot of effort for his family.

 

        After eating, Seungcheol invited them for a dinner at one of finest restaurants in the city for them to finally meet his fiancé. It was just a small gathering exclusive for his family. It was scheduled on a weekend so everybody could attend. And for the first time, Il Kook cancelled his business trip so that he could attend his son’s engagement dinner.

 

-Engagement Dinner-

 

        Going in expensive restaurants really makes Jeonghan uncomfortable and shy. What more if he was inside a fine dining one. His eyes were busy looking around the place. It was his first time and he felt shy because he didn’t know how to act and mingle with those rich people around him. Good thing SungJae was always to the rescue. He made Jeonghan feel comfortable with his jolly expression and naughty actions. Their baby Hansol was not present at the moment because he fell asleep as he felt exhausted playing with the other kids in school.

 

        They sat in a long table waiting for the couple. After a few minutes, they came and Seungcheol was obviously happy while holding his fiancé’s hand tightly.

 

        After the formal introduction, Jeonghan was dazed because that woman was the exact same woman he was seeing inside the café where Mingyu works. He was stunned, and he was shaking. He instantly became mute after the introduction. He was anxious eating his dinner. On the contrary, Da Eun did not recognize him and greeted him happily.

 

Da Eun:

Hi there!

You are so pretty Jeonghan! I’m insecure.

(She giggled sweetly.)

 

        Jeonghan was still at daze and Seungcheol noticed it and .

 

Seungcheol:

Ya, don’t look at her like that. I’ll kill you.

I know she’s pretty.

I’ll be watching you.

 

        When Jeonghan didn’t react at all, Seungcheol and the others thought that he was sick again.

 

Seungcheol:

Ya, are you sick again?

 

Jeonghan:

Ah-

Ah, no… Sh-she’s really pretty, hyung.

(He forced a smile on his lips)

She’s prettier in person.

 

Seungcheol:

I know.

I’m warning you.

(Pointing two of his fingers directly on Jeonghan’s eyes.)

 

        Jeonghan became more uneasy when he remembered what he heard from the last time, and decided to keep his mouth shut the whole time, which Choel was not used to.

 

Seungcheol:

Hey, what happened to you?

Are you shy?

(He smirked)

I’m not used to it.

 

Jeonghan:

Yeah… and- and besides, it’s my first time in this kind of restaurant.

I feel uncomfortable.

Don’t mind me, hyung.

 

Da Eun:

He’s so adorable, Cheol.

He’s really pretty, you know.

 

Seungcheol:

His face is one of my problem.

 

Da Eun:

Why?

 

Seungcheol:

I’m afraid he’ll not get married.

(He teased; however, Jeonghan did not react)

Anyway…

Da Eun and I will get married by December this year.

 

SungJae:

This December?!

(He was surprised)

 

Seungcheol:

Why?

 

SungJae:

But it’s next month!

Are you sure everything’s okay?

And I thought you said that you planned February or April last time?

 

Grandpa:

I agree with SungJae.

You don’t have to hurry.

 

Seungcheol:

(He became excited)

Because next year’s celebration will be for our baby.

I’m happy to announce the she’s pregnant and I’m gonna be a father soon!

 

        Jeonghan trembled because he wasn’t sure how to react. Would he reveal it or not? On the other hand, SungJae’s jaw dropped while the two old men stopped eating as they were stunned.

 

Seungcheol:

C’mon!

I know it’s surprising but, it’s a double celebration today!

 

        Jeonghan remained quiet all night until they reached their car on their way home. Choi grandpa suddenly opened a conversation.

 

Grandpa:

Il Kook, tell Seungcheol not to hurry about the wedding.

I wasn’t able to talk about that earlier because he seemed so happy and I don’t know how to tell him that.

 

Il Kook:

Why stop them?

 

Grandpa:

I don’t like the lady for my grandson.

 

Il Kook:

But they seemed like a perfect couple and Cheol is obviously happy about it.

(He smiled)

And it’s been a while since I saw him laugh like that.

 

Grandpa:

Because it was your fault, imma!

 

Il Kook:

Are we going to start again, dad?

 

Grandpa:

Just tell him that he don’t have to hurry. I will observe Da Eun first.

 

Il Kook:

Then why not tell him personally?

 

Grandpa:

(Looked at the back seat)

Jeonghan, tell him that. I’m sure he’ll listen to you.

 

Jeonghan:

Why me?

I can’t tell him that, but I think that’s a better idea.

 

        They were all surprised that he agreed with the old man.

 

Grandpa:

You think so?

 

Jeonghan:

Yeah, but I think you should be the one to tell him that.

 

Grandpa:

No. I can’t. You should.

 

Jeonghan:

I am not in the right place to tell him that.

 

Grandpa:

You are in the right place.

Seungcheol really adores you, my grandchild.

Help him too SungJae.

Only the two of you could convince him.

 

SungJae:

I’m still scared, grandpa.

 

Grandpa:

You can do it!

I’ll count on you.

 

        The pressure was too big for the boys. They couldn’t think of any that time.

 

        That night was full of surprises and one of them was their grandpa’s change of heart; nevertheless, they still focused on their main agenda which was stopping Cheol to get married.

 

        The boys continued arguing inside the car, but nothing has changed. If they’d sum everything, there was only one reason why they kept passing the responsibility of telling Cheol about it. It was because they were scared of Cheol not because he’s also a grumpy man, but they were afraid that they might hurt his feelings.

 

-Cheol’s Office-

 

        When Seungcheol told his best man about the wedding and about their baby, he was very surprised. He almost played the role of a mistress begging him not to get married. He kept on persuading Cheol about it; however, nobody could stop his best friend from marrying that woman.

 

Sung Hoon:

Fine! It’s your choice anyway.

Don’t blame me.

 

Seungcheol:

()

Don’t get jealous, my friend. You will soon find yours.

And besides, if you really love me badly, I’ll give you a date.

(He laughed)

 

Sung Hoon:

(He was worried about something. Not with the date Seungcheol was offering but he knew something deeper than that, and he didn’t know how to tell him.)

I’d rather date Jeonghan than you. You are not my type bro.

(He stated, frowning his eyebrows to the point that it almost meet.)

 

        On the other hand, Cheol frowned even more hearing those words from his best friend and grabbed his collar.

 

Seungcheol:

Ya! Don’t you dare touch him! I won’t allow you to date him.

No! No!

Understood?!

 

Sung Hoon:

(Still blank; though, he was able to answer –randomly.)

I don’t need your permission. I’ll do what I like and you do what you like.

 

Seungcheol:

(He became troubled)

Are you serious?

 

Sung Hoon:

Ya, just postpone your wedding.

 

Seungcheol:

Why?

 

Sung Hoon:

Jus- just!-

Just postpone it. I don’t have to explain myself.

I’ll explain it to you some other time.

 

Seungcheol:

Don’t tell me you like her. I’ll kill you.

 

Sung Hoon:

No. I don’t.

I’m off for today.

 

        He was calling someone and he seemed agitated. When that person picked up, Sung Hoon immediately replied back.

 

Sung Hoon:

Jeonghan-ah, I’ll come and fetch you. I have something to tell you.

 

        Well, Seungcheol misunderstood everything and thought, his friend really took his words seriously.

 

Seungcheol:

Ya!

 

        Sung Hoon ignored Cheol when he continued to walk far from their office, while Cheol was tailing him while uttering threats.

 

Seungcheol:

Ya! Stop that.

Jeonghan-ah!

(He shouted on Hoon’s ears because he was still talking to Jeonghan over the phone.)

Don’t come with him.

Hoon-ah! Don’t try me!

I’m really warning you. I’m serious!

 

Sung Hoon:

I won’t stop seeing Jeonghan from now on.

Not unless you cancel, I mean postpone your wedding.

Think of it carefully, Cheol.

 

        SungHoon left the threatened Cheol in their office and rode his car to fetch Jeonghan.

 

        Meanwhile, Cheol was blaming himself for the action of his best friend, and now he was thinking of fixing it. He really thought that Sung Hoon was really serious  about his proposal last time. He was afraid that Sung Hoon really fell for his brother.

 

        On the contrary, Sung Hoon fetched Jeonghan and went to order something to eat in a restaurant before going straight to his apartment. The usual relaxed hyung was tensed and uneasy that time, that’s why Jeonghan became uneasy too.

 

-Sung Hoon’s Apartment-

 

Jeonghan:

Hyung, what’s wrong?

 

        He looked at Sung Hoon who was walking back and forth.

 

Sung Hoon:

Jeonghan-ah, can you tell your hyung to postpone his wedding?

I think he’ll listen to you.

 

Jeonghan:

Why me?

Is there anything wrong?

(Confirming it)

 

Sung Hoon:

I think.

I really think, there’s something wrong but I have to confirm it.

 

Jeonghan:

(He was hesitant but said it anyway, since they had the same opinion.)

Is it because of Da Eun noona?

 

Sung Hoon:

(Was surprised)

How did yo-

 

Jeonghan:

I’ll try to talk to him but you should too.

(He said with a serious face.)

 

Sung Hoon:

Don’t you like her too?

 

Jeonghan:

I’m not sure but…

I saw her with someone; though, hyung said she went in another country for a business trip.

But… she really looked like her.

 

Sung Hoon:

How did you recognize her?

 

Jeonghan:

I see her face on Cheol hyung’s picture frame and phone gallery and lately, he changed his wallpaper on his laptop with a picture of her and besides, I met her personally during our dinner last time.

 

        The older one panicked as he tried to find a picture and presented it to Jeonghan.

 

Sung Hoon:

Is he the guy?

 

        Jeonghan was surprised upon seeing it.

 

Jeonghan:

Y-yes. How di-

 

Sung Hoon:

I don’t trust Da Eun from the very start. I kept on talking to Cheol about her but he’s head over heels to her.

Aigoo! Stress!

 

Jeonghan:

What should we do now?

 

Sung Hoon:

I’m afraid that the baby is not Cheol’s.

I don’t want him to be sad. He’s like a brother to me, so please Jeonghan, let’s save your brother from hell.

 

Jeonghan:

(He didn’t say the other details he knew because he wasn’t sure yet and just agreed.)

Okay. I will try.

I’m gonna try my best to delay. But hyung, how will you convince him?

 

Sung Hoon:

Delay it first and I’ll do the rest.

 

Jeonghan:

I feel bad for hyung and for what we are trying to do to delay his wedding.

 

Sung Hoon:

Jeonghan-ah, listen. Just think that you will save the rest of his life.

He’s a good man. I don’t want him to be imprisoned in hell when he just came out of it recently.

 

Jeonghan:

Okay hyung… but seriously, you love Cheol hyung that much?

(He was confused if his love was something more than friends or it’s just pure brotherhood.)

 

Sung Hoon:

(He was surprised with the younger one’s statement and smiled with his cuteness)

Aigoo~ how cute! I really hope I have a sibling too.

I really envy him.
(He said it coolly)

If you will make me choose between you and him. I will pick you. If you are a lady, I will surely go and pursue you like your brother told me.

(He laughed)

Your brother is not my type, he’s just another freaking cute monster in my life. I owe him a lot.

 

Jeonghan:

Like what?

 

Sung Hoon:

He saved my soul from giving up.

I went through a big pressure from my family. My older brother died because of that. He killed himself because he couldn’t handle it anymore.

He saved me and we decided to build our own company, so I can be free.

(He sighed)

But look at me right now? I’m troubled and stressed because of that guy!

 

Jeonghan:

Aigoo~ rich kid things. Tsk!

 

Sung Hoon:

Yeah. I know. I’d rather have a simple life, Han-ah.

(Tapped Jeonghan’s head)

I won’t leave him and I won’t leave you too. And Hansol too. Of course, SungJae too. I never thought he’s a good and interesting dude!

Cheol was wrong judging all of you.

I really wish for a sibling.

(He sighed in disappointment.)

 

Jeonghan:

You have us, hyung!

(He giggled)

 

Sung Hoon:

I know. So we gotta work!

 

Jeonghan:

Alright!

(He stood up and gave Sung Hoon a hug.)

Thank you, hyung!

 

        Sung Hoon was stunned and found Jeonghan so adorable as he patted his head and embraced him back.

 

Sung Hoon:

Thank you too for coming into his life.

(He smiled)

Have you tried to act cute in front of him like this, Han-ah?

 

Jeonghan:

I haven’t. I’m shy. And he’s tough. He is not the type that I can show these things to him, though.

 

Sung Hoon:

He’s just acting tough. He’s really soft especially for you. You are his little brother so he’ll fall for it.

Did you know that he’s spoiling you? And he’s overprotective on you?

Maybe you don’t notice because he’s acting tough, but he is.

 

Jeonghan:

Maybe?

 

Sung Hoon:

He always talks about you. He’s trying to make me envy of him for having someone like you. That jerk!

 

Jeonghan:

(He giggled)

I’m not that important at all. I just want to have a family. That’s why I’m doing my best.

 

Sung Hoon:

You are a nice and kind person, Jeonghan- ah.

 

Jeonghan:

You are too, hyung!

 

        So, there conversation ended up with a great plan to save Seungcheol from Da Eun. Though, they were not sure if it would work.