Mini Series: Half Brothers: Jeonghan is my Brother

Mini Drama: Half Brothers

Mini Series: Half Brothers: Jeonghan is my Brother

 

        Jeonghan was in the hospital taking care of his poor little angel with a large needle piercing through his tiny arms due to the dextrose. On the other hand, Seungcheol arrived at the hospital with their dinner, but he had to talk to the doctor first to check their condition. Unfortunately, all he could hear were bad news. The little boy was stable, but still suffering from a high fever and dehydration. While Jeonghan had bruises and a minor fracture on his left arm, which they only saw after a thorough check-up. The doctor said that his body was badly injured from the abuse.

 

 Upon entering the room where the boys were, it broke his heart seeing Jeonghan’s precious arm wrapped on a bandage with Hansol who was still suffering from pneumonia.

 

Seungcheol:

How’s Hansol?

(Pretended to be cool)

 

Jeonghan:

(Smiled brightly.)

He’s alright. He’s not that weak anymore, but…

(Suddenly changed his mood.)

He’s still has a fever.

 

Seungcheol:

He’s strong. He’ll be fine.

I brought some food for our dinner.

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you.

 

Sung Hoon:

(Continued being extra while reading a book on the couch.)

I already bought a phone for him, same as yours as you requested. And!

You have same number except the last one. Yours is four right? His is 5. So you won’t forget. Okay?

Don’t bother me at night anymore. Just ask him directly.

 

Seungcheol:

(He got pissed and sighed.)

Will you stop being childish, Sung Hoon?

 

Sung Hoon:

Look who’s talking?

 

Jeonghan:

Then, I already memorize your number.

Thank you.

 

Seungcheol:

That’s not a gift. It’s for us to communicate while I’m out. Understood?

 

Sung Hoon:

He said you’re welcome.

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you.

 

Hansol:

(Woke up saying)

Hanhan-ah, I’m hungry.

 

Seungcheol:

Hansol-ah, call him hyung.

 

Jeonghan:

I’m fine with it, though.

 

Hansol:

I don’t like. Hanhan is beautiful. I don’t like to change his name.

(Stated by a 2-year old kid.)

 

Seungcheol:

You think so?

(He smiled back at him like he never showed before.)

 

Sung Hoon:

Are you sick?

(He was totally astonished by it.)

 

Seungcheol:

(Ignored him.)

What time is your class tomorrow?

 

Jeonghan:

I’ll be absent.

 

Seungcheol:

I’ll ask our maid in the main house before to look after him. I trust her, so don’t worry.

 

Jeonghan:

It’s okay. I can handle.

 

Seungcheol:

Resign to that convenient store. Get a full unit in your studies. I’ll give you another part time job every Saturday and Sunday.

 

Jeonghan:

But.

 

Seungcheol:

Just do it. We’ll talk once we’re home.

 

        Sung Hoon winked and smiled at him. Jeonghan was again left with no other choice but to obey his Boss’ orders. HanSol was left with an old but sweet lady, she’s the one who took care of Seungcheol when he was a kid. She was like a mother to him until she retired; nevertheless, they still contacted each other without fail. Seungcheol contacted her back just for Hansol. A small favor that an old lady would really love to do. Mrs. Park immediately agreed with her little boy Seungcheol’s request.

 

 

-Inside Seungcheol’s House-

 

        After another day staying in the hospital, Hansol became okay and he was allowed to go home with the two boys.

 

Jeonghan:

Sir? Thank you for all your help.

 

Seungcheol:

That’s nothing. You’re my employee. It’s my duty.

 

Jeonghan:

I want to apologize to the problems I have caused you.

 

Seungcheol:

That’s nothing.

(Paused for a while.)

Call me hyung from now on.

 

        Jeonghan was surprised and did not know how to answer; nevertheless, he stayed quiet and listened.

 

Seungcheol:

Attorney and the old man will probably arrive any time this day. They will nag at me if they hear you say ‘Sir’ at me.

 

Jeonghan:

Okay, hyung.

(He was so happy that day and he loved it.)

 

Seungcheol:

(Blushed upon his dongsaeng’s lovely words and smiled while Jeonghan was not looking.)

Tomorrow morning, I’ll go with you to your school. Wear nice clothes. Buy for yourself.

(Threw a credit card.)

Buy the good ones, I beg you. If they find it out, they might cut my inheritance.

 

Jeonghan:

Sure, hyung.

(Loved calling him in that name. Finally he found someone that he could call a family.)

 

Seungcheol:

But you have to do your tasks. I will still pay you. You are still my employee. Is that clear?

 

Jeonghan:

Understood!

 

Seungcheol:

Can you go to the witch tomorrow?

 

Jeonghan:

Why? I-I’m scared. I don’t want to return to that place again.

(Disgust painted on his innocent face.)

Why do you ask?

 

Seungcheol:

(Handed him an envelope)

Give them your pay for Hansol until the end of the year so they won’t bother you anymore.

(When he realized that Jeonghan was scared based on his expression, he changed his mind.)

Okay then, I’ll just let someone do it.

 

Jeonghan:

No! They’ll abuse you.

 

Seungcheol:

Don’t worry, they can’t.

(Changed the topic immediately.)

Attorney called me saying that your grades became low and he’s blaming it to me.

 

Jeonghan:

I’ll explain it to him.

 

Seungcheol:

Good!

 

        Jeonghan did not hesitate a second and hug him tightly.

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you, hyung.

 

Seungcheol:

(A smile was again painted on his face because he felt so warm in his embrace.)

That’s nothing.

 

Jeonghan:

Say that you’re welcome. People might misunderstand you. If you say “that’s nothing”, they might abuse you.

 

Seungcheol:

Okay. You’re welcome.

Massage me later after shower.

 

Jeonghan:

Sure, hyung!

 

Jeonghan never let his smile fade away from his angelic face until he fell asleep.

 

        The next morning, Cheol woke earlier than Jeonghan. He was busy on something, most probably an unfinished job from the office. The moment Jeonghan finally woke up, he went to the kitchen and found himself screaming after seeing his pale older brother staring blankly at his laptop; moreover, the light brightened Seungcheol’s face making it paler, washing his nose like nothing was there.

 

Jeonghan:

You scared me, hyung!

 

        Seungcheol was startled at first, but he did not mind him. Back again to his screen while holding a warm cup of blended coffee. Then, the morning angel looked upon his hyung’s screen and read the content. It was written in English. The mail was about their agreement with their new business partner abroad. Seungcheol needed to present them their goals and plans with them in that very afternoon; however, he was not able to make it because he was too focused on Jeonghan and Hansol lately.

 

Jeonghan:

Hyung?

(Shook Seungcheol mildly.)

 

Seungcheol:

Food.

(Asked for his breakfast.)

 

Jeonghan:

Okay.

(Prepared his utensil and food to get started.)

Hyung?

(He looked back)

If you need anything, just ask me.

 

Seungcheol:

Can you understand English?

(Still staring blankly on the monitor.)

 

Jeonghan:

Yes.

 

Seungcheol:

You sure?

(He spoke like a lifeless thing.)

 

Jeonghan:

I am good at English because I study hard just to break out from that filthy house.

(He spoke English fluently to give Seungcheol a sample.)

 

Seungcheol:

(Brighten up his expression.)

Good! Smart kid!

(With a grinning face, it was obvious that he’d use his poor little brother for something beneficial to him.)

 

Jeonghan:

Why? What’s that all about?

(He became nervous.)

 

Seungcheol:

Since you’re smart, I’ll let you finish this.

Just make some graphs and stuffs.

You know how to do a PowerPoint?

 

Jeonghan:

Yes.

 

Seungcheol:

Okay! Nice! Nice!

I trust you with this!

 

Jeonghan:

Hey hyung! I don’t know how you do this.

 

Seungcheol:

Just make a graph. Make it prettily or I’ll kill you.

 

        He went back to sleep and ordered Jeonghan to wake him up after he made the food. Seungcheol dive into his bed to continue his beautiful and peaceful sleep after a long stressful day and lack of sleep for the past few days. Jeonghan, on the other hand, had no choice but to continue what he was ordered to. He owed that man a lot and he wanted to pay him back and make him proud, but how? He was still unfamiliar with the business his brother was on.

 

        By scrolling the report, he found out that it was just pretty easy. Just as the older man said. He just have to make graphs because the studies were already given in the report.

 

        Jeonghan is an OC person so he made the PowerPoint neatly; though, he forgot about the bacon he was cooking. Later on, he smelled a burnt meat and rushed to the stove.

 

Jeonghan:

Oh my!

 

-After a Few Minutes-

 

        Seungcheol, upon seeing the burnt bacon, looked at Jeonghan with a cold gaze.

 

Jeonghan:

It’s your fault, though. You made me do that report of yours. Tsk!

 

Seungcheol:

How can I eat that?!

(Scowled)

 

Jeonghan:

Just eat it. It’s such a waste when you’re going to throw this.  It’s still bacon, anyway.

 

Seungcheol:

Throw that. I won’t eat that.

 

Jeonghan:

Tsk!

(Got pissed)

What a spoiled brat!

 

Seungcheol:

Say that again and see what you get!

 

Jeonghan:

Spoiled brat!

 

        Seungcheol rapidly went to his younger brother and spank him at the back of his head.

 

Jeonghan:

Aw!

 

Seungcheol:

Then eat it!

 

        The bossy Cheol commanded the poor young man to eat everything on the table. Jeonghan wouldn’t mind and started eating. Those bacon that he wasn’t able to finish were placed in a lunch box for his lunch. Seungcheol observed him, and he couldn’t imagine the taste of a burnt bacon.

 

Seungcheol:

How was it?

(With an annoyed face.)

 

Jeonghan:

Tastes like bacon.

(Displayed a really annoying expression to tease Seungcheol.)

 

Seungcheol:

(Concerned about the container with the burnt bacon.)

What’s that for?

 

Jeonghan:

Lunch? So I don’t have to buy anymore.

 

Seungcheol:

(Felt guilty)

You stop acting like that. It won’t work on me!

 

Jeonghan:

What acting? You’re a weird one.

 

Seungcheol:

Just dispose that bacon. It cannot be eaten.

 

Jeonghan:

Even Hansol can eat this.

(Showed a pissed yet sad face remembering all their sufferings in the hands of their own mother and uncle.)

 

Seungcheol:

(He suddenly remembered how they were treated by his own blood. At least his step mother did not hurt him; though, he was just really annoyed with everything she does.)

Are you done with the presentation?

 

Jeonghan:

Not yet.

 

Seungcheol:

Fix it as soon as possible.

 

        Their conversation was halted by the call of their baby Hansol, the birthday boy.

 

Hansol:

Hanhan! Hanhan-ah!

(Searching for his only parent/brother)

 

        Jeonghan was smiling as he rushed to meet his cherubim. He peaked at their room and surprised him with a loud greeting, kisses and a big hug.

 

Jeonghan:

Happy birthday, my Hansol!

 

Hansol:

Hanhan-ah!

(Rubbed his face to Jeonghan’s face.)

 

Jeonghan:

(Cuddled his cute brother.)

Hansol ah, how was your sleep?

 

Hansol:

I’m hungry, Hanhan.

(Pouted his small lips with his big eyes.)

 

Jeonghan:

Let’s eat?

 

        When they went out of the room, they found Cheol getting ready to work. He asked Jeonghan to get ready, as well as, Hansol. They’ll go out together.

 

Jeonghan:

Hansol will eat first.

 

        He strolled around the kitchen and found that his lunch box was empty. He looked at the garbage bag but it seemed that his boss did not throw it.

 

Jeonghan:

Did you eat everything?

 

Seungcheol:

Hansol can’t eat it. It’s too hard for him. So get ready and we’ll have our proper breakfast outside.

 

Jeonghan:

But I don’t have money.

 

Seungcheol:

Just go with me. It’s for Hansol, not yours.

(Being cold again.)

 

Jeonghan:

What?

 

Seungcheol:

Take a bath first.

Give me Hansol.

 

        Jeonghan passed Hansol to Seungcheol and took his bath immediately. Cheol played with Hansol and greeted him a happy birthday.

 

Seungcheol:

Happy birthday, little man!

 

        Hansol looked at him and gave him a big smile.

 

Seungcheol:

How old are you?

 

        The boy raised his tiny hands to gesture his fingers about his age. He raised his two tiny fingers; although, his mouth says he’s three. Seungcheol was amused by the little man and asked him a favor.

 

Seungcheol:

Hansol-ah? Can you wait a little longer? We will eat outside because it’s your birthday.

 

        Hansol didn’t get the idea and just smiled back at Seungcheol. Jeonghan finished after a few minutes which Cheol found amazing, wondering if he really cleaned his body.

 

Seungcheol:

Ya, did you really wash your body?

 

Jeonghan:

Of course! What do you think I did in the bathroom, then?

 

Seungcheol:

It’s just 5 minutes, though.

 

Jeonghan:

So?

Give me Hansol.

 

        Jeonghan gave Hansol a nice warm bath, while Cheol was thinking of buying their clothes and things because they looked pitiful.

 

        After their necessary activities, they went out to eat in a restaurant. The bacon was so hard that the rich guy didn’t seem to feel it coming down in his stomach; moreover, his throat seemed to have a few scratches because of the texture. It felt like an exercise than eating. As they entered inside an elegant restaurant, which was one of Seungcheol’s favorites, Jeonghan kept his head down because he was shy, since it was his first time walking on that kind of restaurant.

 

        People recognized Cheol everywhere because he’s a good looking guy, besides, he frequently visits that place.

 

Manager:

Good morning sir! It’s been a while!

(Greeted him happily. It’s been almost two months that he did not eat his breakfast there.)

 

Seungcheol:

(Gave a charismatic smile.)

Yeah. I’ve been having my breakfast at home lately.

 

Manager:

(Noticed the two unfamiliar faces at his back.)

Are they with you?

 

        Jeonghan and Hansol looked really ordinary. Jeonghan wore an oversized long sleeves with a distressed loose pants with an over-used black shoes, while Hansol wore a simple t-shirt and a shorts.

 

Seungcheol:

Yeah.

(Pointing out at the shy young man behind him.)

He cooks for me.

 

Manager:

I see.

He?

 

The manager was confused for a moment. No matter how tattered and loose Jeonghan’s clothes were, in the manager’s eyes, he thought that he was just a tall female model with his slim figure and boyish haircut. He looked beautiful and he was astonished.

 

Seungcheol:

(Looked at the back.)

Oh yeah. He looked like a girl but he’s a man. He’s my brother.
(He was a little too shy to reveal it, but as expected, he acted cool.)

 

Manager:

Oh! I see!

Please forgive me. I thought he is your fiancé you’re talking about.

 

Seungcheol:

She’s prettier.

(He smirked.)

 

Manager:

(Led them to their table)

Please, have a seat.

 

        Cheol was the one who ordered their meal after they seated. Jeonghan, on the other hand, couldn’t help but to ask his brother’s personal life.

 

Jeonghan:

So you have a fiancé already?

I haven’t seen her.

 

Seungcheol:

She’s in the US

 

Jeonghan:

Oh, so some rich girl too. Of course! What do I expect?

 

Seungcheol:

(Scolded him when he noticed how messy his clothes were.)

Why do you wear such baggy clothes?

 

Jeonghan:

It’s all I have.

 

Seungcheol:

Where’d you get that?

 

Jeonghan:

(He was embarrassed to answer the question.)

Why do I have to tell you?

 

Seungcheol:

I’m just asking. What’s the matter?

(Became curious of where’d he get those large clothes he have.)

 

Jeonghan:

It’s embarrassing.

 

Seungcheol:

Spill it!

(He was dying out of curiosity.)

Did you steal it?

 

Jeonghan:

(Jeonghan froze in his accusations and muttered.)

Well, ummm. It’s kinda like that, but don’t get me wrong.

 

Seungcheol:

What?

(Heard it clearly.)

Ya! Return it back.

 

Jeonghan:

(He bit his lips because he was so embarrassed, but he had no choice but to spill it out to defend himself.)

It’s okay. They wouldn’t mind if I get it, anyway.

(His voice became smaller.)

They come and go after one night. They couldn’t even notice that their clothes were gone.

 

Seungcheol:

(Realized that those big clothes are from his mother’s costumers.)

Ya!

(He shouted)

Take it out! It’s disgusting.

(Concerned if those erts had a disease or what.)

 

Jeonghan:

It’s okay. I made sure I sterilized it.

Be quiet! I’m embarrassed already.

(He lowered down his head after a waiter served their meal.)

 

Seungcheol:

Go back to the house and take it off. Just get something from my closet. Throw those things away.

(Felt bad upon hearing it but still acted like a cold brother.)

 

Jeonghan:

I cannot do that. I’m already late for school.

 

Seungcheol:

It’s an order!

(Being bossy again)

 

Jeonghan:

I don’t want!

 

        Seungcheol got his phone to call his secretary and told him to buy clothes for Jeonghan that morning and deliver it to his office as soon as possible.

 

Jeonghan:

You don’t need to do that.

 

Seungcheol:

I need too. Tsk!

By the way, you can leave Hansol in the office. He’ll stay there. I asked Mrs. Park to take care of him.

 

Jeonghan:

I’m okay. You don’t have to bother someone to-

 

Seungcheol:

How can you concentrate in your studies?

 

Jeonghan:

I can now, since Hansol is with me.

(He smiled.)

 

        They ate happily while Hansol was grabbing the nearest edible thing next to him and put it all in his mouth.

 

Seungcheol:

Later, we’ll have a dinner too. I don’t want to see your clothes in your closet anymore. Understood?

I’ll pick you at your school later.

 

-Seungcheol’s Office-

 

        In Seungcheol’s busy office, the secretary gave him the clothes he asked for. The CEO called Jeonghan inside his office to take a bath again and change his clothes.

 

Poor Jeonghan who’s already late in his class was forced to take his bath again and change his clothes with branded ones.

 

        When he came out from shower, he felt reluctant. He never dresses that way before. He’s not used to it. Seungcheol looked on the clothes he wore and find it a little feminine; though, the fit was just okay.

 

Seungcheol:

(Called his secretary)

Yu Jin ah! Come here.

 

Yu Jin:

Why sir?

(Looked at the gorgeous being in front of her.)

Oh! Looks so good! Perfect!

(Clapping his hands softly.)

 

Jeonghan:

Isn’t it a little girly?

And the shoes is kinda… ummm… tight.

 

Yu Jin:

It fits you! You look good on it.

Why? You don’t like it?

(Felt bad.)

Oh my… I will order a larger one immediately.

 

Jeonghan:

It looks good but… the jeans are so tight.

(Because it’s skinny and it’s on feminine size)

 

Yu Jin:

Oh, I’m quite sure I got the right size.

 

Seungcheol:

Yu Jin ah, where did you get these clothes?

(Wondering)

Ladies or men’s wear?

 

Yu Jin:

Of course, women’s wear!

(She was confident.)

 

Seungcheol:

How the hell did you get that idea?

 

Yu Jin:

I asked you the sizes right but you forgot to send me a picture. So I contacted Sir Sung Hoon instead ‘coz you’re not answering. He gave me a pretty picture of her.

 

Seungcheol:

Did I not tell you that he’s a boy?

(He realized that it was somehow his fault.)

 

Yu Jin:

(Extremely surprised)

Oh my God! He’s so pretty then.

No sir, you forgot to include his gender.

Wow!

I apologize.

But it fits him, somehow.

 

Seungcheol:

(Sighed)

You bear with that for this day. We’ll go out later to shop.

 

Yu Jin:

(Comfortable with Seungcheol)

I never thought you have a sis- I mean brother like him. I only knew Seung Jae.

 

Seungcheol:

I’m surprised too. Don’t worry.

 

Yu Jin:

How can he be so pretty!

How old is he?

 

Seungcheol:

Ask him yourself.

 

Jeonghan:

(Introduced himself)

Hi. I’m Yoon Jeonghan and I’m 20 years old.

(Pointed at Hansol) he’s my younger brother, Hansol. He’s already 3 years old as of today.

 

Yu Jin:

Oh! So adorable. Meaning…

He’s sir’s brother too.

 

Jeonghan:

No.

 

Seungcheol:

Our family tree is very complicated. Don’t ask.

 

Yu Jin:

Got it!

 

        Seungcheol went out with his brother to accompany him to his school, while Hansol was left with Mrs. Park and Sung Hoon in the office. When they arrived at Jeonghan’s university, people were staring at them. Seungcheol’s appeal quite caught people’s attention; provided that, he got a nice car.

 

Jeonghan:

Why do you have to accompany me?

 

Seungcheol:

To make sure you’re going to pay your tuition fee in full.

 

Jeonghan:

I will and I’ll give you the receipt. You may go now. You said you’re busy.

 

Seungcheol:

This is a part of my schedule. Don’t worry. Make sure you give a good feedback to Attorney and to the old man.

 

        They went to registrar’s office to pay Jeonghan’s pending fees in cash. People were confused of what was happening. On the other hand, Jeonghan was blushing all the way until they parted ways.

 

Seungcheol:

(Coldly reminded him.)

You should buy your lunch. I gave you your allowance already. Don’t worry about Hansol, they will look after him.

I’ll get you after your class. Don’t go anywhere. If anything happens. Just call me. You already have your cellphone, right?

 

Jeonghan:

Okay. Thank you. Be careful.

And…Goodluck with your meeting.

 

Seungcheol:

I never fail.

(Boasted himself.)

 

Jeonghan:

(Rolled his eyes)

Right!

(When Cheol was about to get in his car…)

Hyung!

(Called him)

Thank you.

 

-Inside Seungcheol’s Car-

 

Seungcheol:

What am I doing?

(Sighed)

I keep on hurting him.

Aishhh!