Mini Series: Half Brothers: Seungcheol’s Fiance’

Mini Drama: Half Brothers

Mini Series: Half Brothers: Seungcheol’s Fiance’

 

-Hong Kong-

 

Seungcheol was so worried about Jeonghan while having his abrupt business meeting in Hong Kong. He couldn’t think of any. He wanted to go, but he couldn’t leave Sung Hoon alone in that very important meeting. Seungcheol could only rely on SungJae’s message, which stopped momentarily, and that gave him many thoughts; as a result, it made him more worried.

 

-Korea-

 

Meanwhile, Jeonghan walked out after his fight with his father. He was annoyed of how coward he could be. Since Cheol and Hansol were not around and he knew SungJae has still class, he went to his best friend, Mingyu, in the café he was working.

 

When he entered the café, he heard somebody talking beside the corner of the cashier. It was Mingyu begging for an advance payment because he needed it for his enrollment and for his mother’s treatment. Jeonghan decided to wait for him and sat beside the window.

 

While waiting, he saw a couple passing by with a tender kiss on their lips- which made him shy-. Later on, the man asked him if he was with someone, so he could get the available seat in front of him to put their things on it; however, Jeonghan told them that he was waiting for someone and smiled.

 

Lady:

It’s okay. We can just put our things on the floor.

Why do you have to get another chair?

 

Man:

I thought, you don’t like putting your stuffs on the floor.

(He giggled and planted a kiss on his partner’s lips.)

 

        Later on, after scrutinizing their faces, Jeonghan thought that the woman’s face looked familiar. He thought he saw her somewhere. He was still alone in the table and he couldn’t prevent himself from listening to their conversation. It surprised him when he heard them mentioning the name ‘Cheol’.

 

Lady:

Why did you follow me here?

 

Man:

I missed you so much.

(He smiled)

 

Lady:

But I’m getting married soon.

What if Cheol finds us out?

You will ruin everything.

 

Man:

Don’t worry, I’ll be extra careful.

 

        Later on, Mingyu saw him and approached him.

 

Mingyu:

Hanie-ya?

What are you doing here?

(He was surprised seeing his friend there.)

 

Jeonghan:

Nothing. I want to visit you.

And…

 

Mingyu:

What?

You look sad.

Did something happen?

 

Jeonghan:

Yeah.

(He coolly admitted it.)

 

Mingyu:

Okay. I’ll be out after 30 minutes.

 

        Then, the lady called him to order.

 

Lady:

You know what I want, young man.

(She giggled)

 

Mingyu:

(He smiled)

Yes ma’am.

(Then, he looked at Jeonghan)

Just wait for me here.

What do you want?

 

Jeonghan:

Anything you give me.

I’ll pay. Get yours too.

 

        He became brave spending his father’s money all of a sudden because he was so irritated at him.

 

        Mingyu sat in front of him holding drinks and snacks for the both of them. Jeonghan handed him his debit card and Mingyu was surprised by it.

 

Jeonghan:

My treat!

(He giggled)

 

Mingyu:

Thanks.

(He smiled)

What’s your problem?

 

Jeonghan:

(Had a little Segway)

That lady is quite known here.

(He whispered)

 

Mingyu:

She’s our regular customer here. She said, this became her favorite café since last last month? I think.

She frequently visits here. Why?

 

Jeonghan:

Nothing. I’m just curious.

(Took a sip on his beverage)

She’s pretty.

 

Mingyu:

She is.

 

Jeonghan:

By the way, you need money?

I heard you earlier.

Sorry.

 

Mingyu:

(He was embarrassed)

Um… that.

Ignore that.

 

Jeonghan:

I can lend you!

(He suggested)

 

Mingyu:

But…

 

Jeonghan:

Don’t worry about me.

(He giggled)

I have money and I currently don’t need it.

How much do you need?

 

Mingyu:

Any amount will do.

I’ll just get the rest somewhere.

I will pay you as soon as I can.

 

Jeonghan:

So how much?

 

Mingyu:

It’s up to you.

(He smiled)

 

Jeonghan:

May I know how much you need?

As in all in all.

 

Mingyu:

Well, it’s 120,000 won.

Some of it is for my tuition and some will be for mom’s maintenance.

(He was shy to tell his friend his financial problem, but he knew that Jeonghan would understand because he’s been in that situation too.)

 

Jeonghan:

Okay. Just wait here.

 

        Mingyu was surprised of his friend’s action. On the other hand, Jeonghan went outside to withdraw from his atm. He withdrew \150,000 and gave it to Mingyu back in the store.

 

        Mingyu was astonished and somehow doubtful of where Jeonghan got that big amount of money. Jeonghan knew that Mingyu thought that it came from illegal transactions based on how he looked at him, so he defended himself immediately.

 

Jeonghan:

Ya, it came from my father.

Remember I told you that my father is looking for me?

He’s the one who gave me that.

(He smiled)

 

Mingyu:

I did not say that this is from somewhere illegal. I was just surprised.

(He giggled)

You might need this.

 

Jeonghan:

He gave me a lot!

Don’t worry.

Maybe you don’t have to pay me anymore.

(He smiled)

 

Mingyu:

Jeonghan-ah.

(He smiled)

I will pay you.

 

Jeonghan:

It’s up to you.

Oh! I would like to give you something. I thought you’d need it. I saw my brother’s old things, and I think he will not use it anymore, and they still all look brand new.

He said he barely used it.

So I thought, you might want it.

You wanna see?

Let’s go home after this.

 

Mingyu:

Is it okay for me to enter your house?

 

Jeonghan:

Why not?

My brother knows you.

(He winked)

 

        Later on, the two went home, and of course, Jeonghan informed it to his hyung already.

 

        Jeonghan came home with Mingyu, and there he saw a very nice and clean house. It was beautiful. Jeonghan left his amazed friend at their cute living room with toys, but he never touch them.

 

        Jeonghan came back carrying Seungcheol’s old that seemed new things if you look at it. Mingyu was amazed on how good his hyung’s things were.

 

Mingyu:

Woah!

You sure, he’s not gonna use all of these?

 

Jeonghan:

Yeah. He instructed me to throw it away, so I asked him if I could just give it to you.

 

Mingyu:

Really?

Tell him, thank you.

 

        While talking about things that happened in their lives, Mingyu was so astonished on how Jeonghan’s life had changed. He’s like Cinderella! The poor boy was just amazed with everything he learned, including how rich his family was.

 

After a few hours, Seungcheol came home with their baby Hansol. Mrs. Park was supposed to fetch the boy; however, Seungcheol volunteered himself, since he came back early.

 

Fetching Hansol was the first thing he did after landing to Incheon Airport, before buying their food for dinner. He knew that they had a visitor, so he bought a lot. When he came home early at around 3 pm, Jeonghan was surprised.

 

Jeonghan:

Hyung!

You are early today.

 

Seungcheol:

I’m tired. Massage me later.

 

Jeonghan:

Okay.

 

        Even though, Seungcheol showed his cold side, deep inside, he was worried because of what he heard from Sung Jae.

 

Mingyu:
(greeted him properly)

Hi, hyung!

 

Seungcheol:

(Looked at him)

Hi!

(Then got back to Jeonghan)

SungJae will go here later.

Have you both eaten?

 

Jeonghan:

Yes.

 

Mingyu:

(He felt shy because Seungcheol was already there.)

Ummm… hyung, I better go.

 

Seungcheol:

Got something to do?

 

MIngyu:

No hyung. I might disturb you.

(He smiled humbly.)

 

        From that words, Seungcheol was pleased because he knew that that man has good manners.

 

Mingyu:

Jeonghan-ah, I’ll pay you. I promise.

 

Jeonghan:

You don’t have to.

 

Seungcheol:

If you are not in a hurry, you are free to stay.

(He smiled)

 

        He thought that Jeonghan might be needing somebody to talk to because of what happened. And he was secured that Mingyu would take good care of Jeonghan because based on what he heard from his brother, he and his family were the ones whom Jeonghan and Hansol ran to whenever they needed an escape from their cruel life. Moreover, Jeonghan said that they were like his family and they took good care of them both.

 

Seungcheol:

C’mon, let’s eat.

Join me.

 

Mingyu:

Jeonghan already treated me outside. Thank you for your kindness.

(He was really shy that was why, he kept on using his formal speech.)

 

Jeonghan:

But that’s only a snack.

 

Mingyu:

I’m fine.

 

Seungcheol:

Don’t be so formal, Mingyu. I am not your boss.

 

        Seungcheol also noticed that Hansol went to him and asked him to carry him. He was pretty sure that Hansol loves him too.

 

Mingyu:

(He was carrying Hansol on his arms)

Yes hyung. Thank you.

 

Hansol:

Hyung!

(He was glad to see Mingyu again.)

 

Seungcheol:

He likes you.

 

Jeonghan:

He does.

(He giggled)

Hansol likes him more than me.

 

Seungcheol:

I understand him.

(He teased the pouting and glaring Jeonghan in front of him)

Because you are too strict.

 

Jeonghan:

I need to.

 

        Mingyu joined them in their early dinner. Later on SungJae knocked on their door. He was excited to hug his hyungs, only to see a stranger opened their door. He was surprised and thought that he got into the wrong place; though, he was pretty sure that it was his hyung’s place.

 

SungJae:

Who are you?

 

Mingyu:

Oh, I’m sorry.

 

        Hansol peaked in between the long legs of the tall young man and greeted his another hyung.

 

Hansol:

JaeJae!

 

SungJae:

(Confirmed that he was in the right place)

Oh, Hansolie~

 

Jeonghan:

Come in! Let’s eat, SungJae-ah.

 

        All together, they gathered around the table and ate merrily. Seungcheol and SungJae got to know more about Mingyu and Jeonghan through their stories, which Jeonghan never tell them. On the other hand, Cheol did not inform Jeonghan that he knew what happened earlier because he assumed that it would be better if Jeonghan would initiate the talk.

 

Jeonghan just told him that their grandfather was scary and that’s all. The two boys knew that he didn’t want them to worry and he’s been keeping his bright smile to ease them.

 

        Jeonghan interrupted their conversation when he remembered the lady he saw in the café.

 

Jeonghan:

Hyung, does your fiancé have twins?

 

Seungcheol:

(He was surprised with his question)

How come you think of that?

 

Jeonghan:

Nothing. I thought I see someone who looks like her.

Is she here?

 

Seungcheol:

If she’s here, she should be here with us.

 

SungJae:

You are living together already?

 

Seungcheol:

Yes.

 

SungJae:

Why did she go far?

 

Seungcheol:

For her family business and vacation at the same time.

 

SungJae:

I see.

May I see her?

 

Seungcheol:

Why did you become interested all of a sudden?

 

SungJae:

Because I don’t know her, and I just got the news that you are getting married soon.

 

Seungcheol:

I will introduce you to her when she comes back.

 

        After their longest meal ever, Mingyu excused himself because he needed to go. But, Seungcheol wanted to talk to him about the things he didn’t know about Jeonghan. He volunteered to give him a ride home because he said –lied- that he would go to Sung Hoon’s house too.

 

        Mingyu shyly went out with Seungcheol and as soon as they rode his expensive car, Seungcheol invited him for a talk somewhere near the area. Once again, Mingyu was inside a café, drinking coffee offered by Cheol.

 

Seungcheol:

Sorry to disturb you but may I know what life Jeonghan had before? He won’t tell me.

 

        Mingyu understood that his brother wanted to know more about Jeonghan, so he tried his best to summarize it for his hyung.

 

Mingyu:

He’s a smart and kind boy.

He always smile, but not long after his grandmother died. He was lost back then.

My mom wanted to just let him in our house, but immo (Jeonghan’s mom) took him away.

After that he always cry.

And… his body was full of bruises and wounds from beating.

All I remember was, he told me that he was like a slave. He seldom eats and he’s scared.

When his baby brother came into his life, he regained himself and worked hard. He continued his studies and asked for any job, so he could sustain the both of them.  

He don’t deserve to live like that, hyung.

(He sighed)

Ever since Hansol came, he made himself braver and he studied well.

Good thing he has a good brother like you.

You saved him.

(He smiled)

 

Seungcheol:

I am not. He saved me.

 

        Seungcheol felt shy because he never acts like a real hyung to him. He felt really guilty for his brother. His life had been miserable and he was making it more miserable.

 

Seungcheol:

Thank you for telling me.

By the way, what’s your course?

(While sipping a hot latte)

 

Mingyu:

Linguistics hyung.

 

Seungcheol:

(He became interested)

Why did you apply for that?

 

Mingyu:

I just love languages.

My mom told me to pursue what I like so I will not regret after.

(He giggled)

 

Seungcheol:

How many years will it take?

 

Mingyu:

Four? I will start next school year, but I will enroll this coming week already.

 

Seungcheol:

Wanna work with me?

 

        Their company needed a translator because they have businesses around the world and one more thing, they have a travel agency too. They organized everything and it was an advantage if they had someone to translate if it gets bigger. He could wait for Mingyu, but for now, they had to stick by calling freelancers. He wanted him to get the job because he wanted to pay back for everything they did to Jeonghan. It was also his way of thanking him.

 

Mingyu:

But hyung, I am not fluent yet.

I haven’t entered college yet.

 

Seungcheol:

I will wait.

I will sponsor you and you have to work for me for four years too.

We need an in house translator.

How many language will you study?

 

Mingyu:

I was thinking 3 or 4 languages.

 

Seungcheol:

What are those?

 

Mingyu:

English, Mandarin, Japanese, and French if I can.

 

Seungcheol:

Good choice!

Okay then, it’s decided.

Meet Sung Hoon at my office. He’s my partner. I’ll talk to him about it.

 

Mingyu:

Um…

But…

 

Seungcheol:

Don’t worry, all expenses will be paid by me. If you want, you may get a part time job from my company for the time being. I might use your looks for endorsement.

(He smiled)

 

Mingyu:

Thank you, hyung.

I am really grateful.

(He bowed his head)

I will do my best, hyung!

 

Seungcheol:

You are not enrolled yet, Mingyu. Thank me after you graduate. And…

I’m the one who should be saying that to you.

Thank you for taking care of my brother and Hansol.

Tomorrow, I will give you your enrollment and allowance.

 

Mingyu:

That was nothing, hyung.

Ummm…

(Handed him an envelope with money)

Here, please give it to Jeonghan.

 

Seungcheol:

What’s that?

 

Mingyu:

He lend me money.

 

Seungcheol:

Keep that. He has a lot of that but he doesn’t use it.

(He chuckled)

That guy! I told him to use everything!

 

Mingyu:

But… I have to retu-

 

Seungcheol:

Keep it.

That’s what he wants.

I think it will keep him at ease because he’s already using our father’s money.

It’s his revenge, so don’t worry. Just help him with his revenge.

(He smiled with a wink)

 

Mingyu:

Hyung…

 

Seungcheol:

Don’t worry.

And at least I know I can trust you.

(He winked)

Let me take you home now.

 

        Seungcheol made sure that Mingyu would return home safely, then, he accidentally saw Jeonghan’s uncle and mother fighting in the neighborhood, but he didn’t bother. He didn’t care anymore because Jeonghan was in good hands now; however, he had one more problem. And that was his grandfather. But for the meantime, he’ll make sure that Jeonghan won’t get hurt while he’s living with him.

 

        Seungcheol went back safely. He felt glad that his house was not just an ordinary house anymore, but a home – a happy, warm, relaxing, and fun home.

 

 

        Early in the dawn, something was ringing loud. Seungcheol struggled to his phone because he was still groggy. It was just pass 2 in the morning, and someone was already bothering him. He answered it as soon as possible, but it was weird when no one answered back. He looked at his phone to see who it was; however, he forgot that it was his alarm tone.

 

        He checked his schedule wearing a confused face due to the alarm set early in the morning.  He thought that it was just a mistake, but when his checked what was listed on his phone, it was about their trip to Japan and about Jeonghan’s birthday together with his mom’s death anniversary.

 

        Note: Japan!

                Prepare for Jeonghan’s birthday.

                Before you leave, don’t forget mom!

 

        He immediately went out of the room. He was supposed to wake Jeonghan and SungJae up who slept in the living room when he came home, but he found no one there.

 

        Jeonghan already prepared everything for their flight, including dressing Hansol up while he was still asleep. He was with SungJae beside the bar, carrying the frowning little boy because he was in a bad mood when Jeonghan wake him up, and cried. Thankfully, his eyes were still down, Jeonghan asked SungJae to carry him and sway his body a little so Hansol would return back to his sleep.

 

Jeonghan:

(While cooking)

I’ll call Cheol hyung, please look after the food. (That was currently in the stove.)

 

Seungcheol:

No need.

 

        The two were surprised with Cheol’s sudden appearance behind them.

 

Seungcheol:

Good thing you remembered about our trip.

 

Jeonghan:

I alarmed my phone by 12nn before we fell asleep yesterday.

(He smiled)

How can I forget this, hyung? We’re going to Japan!

Thank you.

(He acted cutely)

Don’t tell me you forgot?

 

Seungcheol:

(He was pleased; though again, he did not let Jeonghan see it.)

Don’t act like that. I’m not used to it. It gives me creeps.

Somehow.

 

Jeonghan:

Aigoo!

 

Seungcheol:

Jeonghan-ah, you know where can I buy flowers?

 

        Jeonghan knew that his hyung would need it in order to give it to his mother’s tomb early because he wouldn’t be able to visit his mom’s grave on her death anniversary, so he kept a flower beside his window yesterday and put it in a vase for a while.

 

Jeonghan:

We already have.

 

Seungcheol:

Where?

 

        Jeonghan let him wait for a minute and rushed to his room to get and arrange the flowers back into its cover again. He came back carrying the bouquet and gave it to Cheol.

 

Seungcheol:

(He was surprised)

What’s this for?

 

Jeonghan:

I know you will forget.

I’m not trying to impress you. I just remembered that we are not here in your mom’s death anniversary because we’re out of the country, so I thought you need it.

I bought it just in case.

(He blushed)

 

        Seungcheol smiled and patted Jeonghan’s head gently.

 

Seungcheol:

Thanks. You’re the best!

 

        Jeonghan stayed quiet for a while. His heart fluttered and thought that finally, his brother started looking at him as his real brother. That finally, he received a confirmation that Seungcheol had already accepted him.

 

        So, the three of them went to his mom’s tomb first before going to the airport.

 

-Inside the Plane-

 

        Everyone was okay, except for their baby Hansol. He was disturbed by the pressure on his ears, and it was very painful for him. He kept on crying. At first, they thought that he was just scared, but he won’t stop. When Jeonghan felt the pressure in his ears again as the plane went higher, he thought that maybe it was because of it. While Cheol and SungJae were worried, he asked SungJae if he had candy with him. SungJae handed it to Jeonghan and let Hansol eat it. After a few seconds of giving Hansol a lollipop, he stopped.

 

Jeonghan:

Thank goodness.

 

Seungcheol:

(Asked Hansol)

Are you hungry, Hansol-ah?

 

        Hansol answered ‘No’ by swaying his head.

 

SungJae:

Then why did you cry?

 

        Hansol did not reply.

 

Jeonghan:

It was probably the pressure on his ears.

Aigoo~

(He wiped Hansol’s tears)

Are you okay now?

(Continued his explanation to the men)

If he was swallowing something, the pressure on his ears might go away.

 

        Hansol nodded while playing with Jeonghan’s shirt.

 

        The two rich boys were stunned on how quick their brother thinks. Jeonghan noticed that they were in awe with the way they looked at him.

 

Jeonghan:

What?

You impressed?

(He teased them both.)

 

SungJAe:

How did you think of that?

 

Jeonghan:

I don’t know. Instinct maybe?

And besides, it was his first time riding a plane.

 

Seungcheol:

You can really make a good mother if you are a woman.

You amaze me.

I can’t think of that.

 

Jeonghan:

I’m the only one he can rely on, so I need to know and understand everything for him.

 

SungJae:

Amazing!

 

-Japan-

 

        They landed in Japan at around 9 o’clock in the morning, they immediately went to their hotel room and rest for a while. However, they ended up sleeping because they were all tired from the activities they had before going to Japan.

 

        Since they allotted 2 weeks for their stay in Japan, they decided to relax at their first day.

 

        It was not easy for the four of them to travel together. First of all, they had a baby with them, and the most critical of all, they all have different tastes. For Jeonghan, he would go anywhere, but the two brothers kept on fighting every time they had to decide which way to go or which activity would they do first. They wasted a lot of time arguing, so Jeonghan decided to stop them.

 

Jeonghan:

Okay, stop!

I will decide.

Give me options and I will decide.

Is that okay with you?

 

SungJae & Seungcheol:

(Looked with a spark meeting one another’s eyes.)

Fine!

 

Jeonghan:

But first!

Let’s take a picture together.

(He giggled)

Smile!

 

        They took a selca on his phone, and he also asked someone from the crowd to take their picture too. Jeonghan was very happy that time, Seungcheol could see it through his dongsaeng’s eyes and that made him glad too.

 

Seungcheol:

Jeonghan-ah, tomorrow is your birthday.

What do you want to do?

 

SungJae:

Happy birthday hyung!

Saranghae~

 

Hansol:

Saranghae~

 

Jeonghan:

(Replied to the both of them.)

Saranghae~

 

Seungcheol:

Hey, are you listening?

 

Jeonghan:

Yeah…

Uh, hyung?

I want to wear their traditional dress.

I want to try a samurai one.

(He giggled as he thought as it was so absurd and childish for him.)

Can you try on some too?

(He requested.)

 

        Seungcheol stiffen, while SungJae and Hansol were excited. Cheol never expect Jeonghan to request that. On the other hand, Jeonghan knew that Cheol would not do it for him. He just tried it, hoping that he would wear one.

 

        Meanwhile, Seungcheol had been thinking of refusing Jeonghan’s request; however, he knew that Jeonghan would be glad if he’d grant it. He was having trouble on deciding. Jeonghan chuckled when he realized that his hyung was still thinking about it.

 

Jeonghan:

Hyung, if you don’t want, it’s fine.

You don’t have to bother yourself with that.

 

Seungcheol:

No… ummm…

(He blushed)

Okay. I will wear that.

 

Jeonghan:

Really?

Thank you hyung!

(He ran towards his hyung and embraced him tight)

Hyung, let’s take a picture wearing the costumes at the shrine!

 

        Meaning, they had to wear that while walking until they’d reach the shrine. Of course it would embarrass the older ones but never the other one.

 

Seungcheol:

You mean, we will walk wearing that costume?!

 

Jeonghan:

Yeah.

 

Seungcheol:

Oh God!

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you, hyung!
You are the best!

 

        Seungcheol had to ride with his younger brother’s wish because it was his birthday, and he wanted to give him a memorable birthday because he knew he never had one.

 

        While walking, Cheol’s phone was ringing. It was Da Eun this time and not any alarm. Cheol answered it as soon as possible and excused himself while they were eating.

 

Seungcheol:

Yup?

 

Da Eun:

Cheol-ah, where are you?

I’m home but you are not here?

(Her voice was sad)

I was about to surprise you but I was the one who got surprised.

 

Seungcheol:

Oh!

I thought you are going home next month?

I am in Japan now with my brothers.

Sorry.

 

Da Eun:

Aigoo~

I’m sad.

(She sulked)

 

Seungcheol:

Da Eun-ah, I’ll be there by next week.

Want me to buy something for you?

 

        Da Eun did not answer.

 

Seungcheol:

Da Eun ah, can you please let me have this last moment with my brothers before we get married?

(He requested)

 

Da Eun:

Okay fine.

(She returned to her normal voice)

But you said you are not close with your brother?

 

Seungcheol:

Well, I just find out that they’re fun!

I’ll introduce you to them when I got home.

I’m really sorry.

 

Da Eun:

(She smiled)

Alright!

I got it.

Enjoy while you are still single, young man!

(She teased)

 

Seungcheol:

Alright.

Thanks~

Saranghae.

(With a cold voice because he’s shy)

 

Da Eun:

Saranghae~ take care.

(With a sweet smooch)

 

Seungcheol:

Text me what you want.

 

Da Eun:

Just you.

(She giggled)

 

Seungcheol:

Alright.

(He smiled)

See you home.

 

Da Eun:

See you.