Mini Series: Half Brothers: His name is Choi Seungcheol

Mini Drama: Half Brothers

Mini Series: Half Brothers: His name is Choi Seungcheol

 

        Finally, after few hours of travel, they had already arrived in Taiwan. The two rode taxi to the hotel, Attorney Jung Ho booked.

 

Seungcheol asked him to book them immediately at the heart of the city, and since, he did not instruct Mr. Attorney on the other details, he was surprised that the receptionist gave them a single key. Seungcheol furrowed his brows and asked the receptionist again.

 

Seungcheol:

I’m sorry but didn’t we book 2 rooms?

 

        The receptionist immediately checked their bookings and confirmed that they only booked 1 room. Seungcheol thought that Mr. Jung Ho got confused, so he asked to book another room; however, there were no available room at the moment.

 

Jeonghan:

Hyung, it’s okay, though.

 

Seungcheol:

But-

(He sighed)

Fine.

 

        He thanked the receptionist and they climbed up to their hotel room. Their hotel room was very spacious and it had a king size bed, so they could share.

 

Jeonghan:

Hyung, how come you decided to go here without any plan or at least inform me that you planned to go here?

 

Seungcheol:

I let attorney book for us. He booked everything.

 

Jeonghan:

And why make a sudden decision?

 

Seungcheol:

Nothing.

Can’t I?

(Boasted himself to his younger brother.)

 

Jeonghan:

Okay. Fine. I forgot, you are rich. Tsk!

What do you plan to do?

 

Seungcheol:

You said, arcade, café and spa?

 

Jeonghan:

Hyung!

(With a dumbfounded face.)

Hyung, we can still do it in Korea, you know?!

 

Seungcheol:

I don’t like there.

 

Jeonghan:

And Hansol?

Will we return back immediately?

 

Seungcheol:

He’s with Mrs. Park.

 

Jeonghan:

Okay.

(He was relieved.)

 

Seungcheol:

We’ll stay here for two days.

 

        Jeonghan thought that Hansol would be alright since Mrs. Park had two cute granddaughters.

 

Jeonghan:

2 days-

(With a straight face.)

So… what should we do first?

 

Seungcheol:

Let’s eat a little. Because later we’re going to go to their night market.

 

Jeonghan:

Have you been here?

 

Seungcheol:

May times.

 

Jeonghan:

With?

 

Seungcheol:

Da Eun.

 

Jeonghan:

I see.

Ah, hyung, I don’t bring my clothes with me?

 

Seuncheol:

Me neither.

Let’s buy later.

 

Jeonghan:

Tsk!

You’re wasting money.

 

Seungcheol:

I’m not.

Buy something for Hansol too, and to your college and high school friends because I owe them a lot.

 

Jeonghan:

You choose. I don’t have a good taste in those things.

 

Seungcheol:

Right!

I can see it.

(Scrutinizing Jeonghan with this stern look.)

 

Jeonghan:

Don’t forget SungJae.

 

Seungcheol:

Of course.

 

        Jeonghan and showed his naughty cute side for the first time. The pretty boy didn’t notice that he started acting like that because somehow, he was comfortable with Seungcheol already; although, they just met each other not too long ago.

 

Jeonghan:

(Teased his hyung without noticing his own actions.)

Yeeeee~ hyung, you’re a sweet guy after all.

(Then Jeonghan just realized what he had acted and wore a surprised face.)

 

        Seungcheol didn’t know how to react; though, his skin did show Jeonghan his reaction as it turned red in an instant.

 

Jeonghan:

(He became shy.)

Sorry.

 

Seungcheol:

(Ignored everything like nothing happened)

Come quick, let’s go out!

 

Jeonghan:

Alright.

 

        So, the two went out. Cheol seemed to memorize the place like it was his home. Jeonghan just watched and followed his hyung anywhere he goes. On the other hand, Seuncheol kept on looking back to monitor if Jeonghan was still with him.

 

        As the night got deeper, crowd started popping out everywhere. The streets began to get busy as the stores started to open one by one. A lot of people were walking on the streets, it was livelier than it was during the day. Jeonghan was mesmerized by it, and hhe couldn’t prevent his eyes to look around and observe.

 

 One moment, Seungcheol panicked because his little brother went missing when he looked back. He was alerted and was relieved when he saw Jeonghan just a few steps away from him, looking at some interesting things. He was just blocked by people, but he was still following him.

 

On the other hand, Jeonghan felt uneasy when his brother was not anymore in front of him. He panicked too, but when he heard Seungcheol’s voice in the crowd, he felt relieved.

 

Seungcheol:

I told you to stay behind me at all times!

(He scolded with a worried tone.)

 

Jeonghan:

I am sorry. I was just looking around, then I lost you.

It won’t happen again.

 

Seungcheol:

It’s fine. As long as you won’t lose focus.

How can I possibly find you in this big crowd?

(He sighed)

Are you hungry?

 

Jeonghan:

A little.

(He was shy because he felt that he worried his hyung, and now he’s treating him like a baby just because he was clueless of the place.)

 

Seungcheol:

C’mon.

 

        Seungcheol, as usual, lead him and Jeonghan was still following him. Cheol noticed that the road was already cluttered. Again, he check his brother at his back and was relieved to see him; though, it worried him that he might not enjoy the place because of the crowd. He remembered that his fiancé didn’t love crowded place, so he’s never been to any night market whenever he was with Da Eun, even if he liked to go.

 

Seungcheol just assumed that, probably, Jeonghan was willing to go with him. He really wanted to go with someone on that place because they said it was really fun going in a night market.

 

One moment, he looked at Jeonghan and observed him. He was checking if he did not like the place, that he only went there because he was forced to. By then, he planned to drag him on a quiet place and ask him about his opinion, so he placed his hands at his back waiting for Jeonghan to reach it. Jeonghan, on the other hand, got the signal of his hyung and reached it. Their hands were bound together by Seungcheol’s tight grasp.

 

        The older ones finally pulled themselves out of the crowd and asked Jeonghan if he wanted to continue to roam around the night market or to go to another place instead.

 

Seungcheol:

Do you like it here?

 

Jeonghan:

What do you mean?

 

Seungcheol:

I mean, its crowded here and the food are just street fo-

(He was halted by Jeonghan.)

 

Jeonghan:

What are you talking about, hyung? It’s fun here!

(He said excitedly; however, he was doubting that Cheol was the one who didn’t want the place because it was crowded and noisy.)

Oh! It’s still up to you?

Are you not good with this place?

We can transfer if you want.

 

Seungcheol:

I want to go here, even before. I am just asking if you’re okay with this kind of environment.

 

Jeonghan:

I like it here.

Hyung, I’m already hungry…

Do you eat street food?

 

Seungcheol:

I wanna try. That’s why I like to go here. They said food here are delicious.

 

Jeonghan:

Then… let’s go. I saw a noodle stand at the corner beside the arcade. We can play after.

 

        Seungcheol was glad that Jeonghan was the one with him at the moment. He never felt bored with him unlike before. –of course, girls (rich girls) mostly go for shopping-

 

Cheol realized that in his entire time living with his younger brother- so far, there were times that they won’t talk, but he felt happy, sometimes, annoyed. His emotions were so active that he never get bored, even in their quietest times. It’s never boring since there were three of them inside the house and with Hansol’s playful voice and movements. He was getting naughty that was why Jeonghan kept on scolding him.

 

His home actually never gets quiet since they came. Therefore if he would conclude everything, his home was noisy but he liked it.

 

        Back to the boys, the two of them ate inside a mini stall, there were a cariety of choices. Besides from noodles, there were also food in skewers. They ordered everything, so that they could taste each. Seungcheol was surprised on how cheap they could be. Jeonghan suggested that they should buy one each and share, so that they could taste everything. And for them not to waste money if ever they didn’t like it.

 

Jeonghan:

Hyung, we can just take one skewer and have a taste first. Aren’t we going to get full immediately?

 

Seungcheol:

Then we can leave it if you don’t want to.

 

Jeonghan:

Aigoo~ okay… food is important too, hyung. It’s a waste when you leave something on your plate.

 

Sungcheol:

(Sighed as he heard his donsaeng giving him a life advice.)

Okay. Fine.

 

Jeonghan:

Hyung… I want to try food on other stalls too.

You want?

 

Seungcheol:

Yeah. That’s fine!

(He smirked)

 

Jeonghan:

Don’t get yourself full yet. Okay?

(He giggled)

 

Seungcheol:

Alright!

 

        They slurped on their noodles and surprisingly, it was very delicious! Cheol wanted another round but Jeonghan stopped him because they planned to hop on other stores in a while.

 

After eating, they went inside the arcade near the store, but it was too small, so they decided to transfer to a big place.

 

        They played video games, racing, shooting, even billiards; though, Jeonghan just sat at the corner to watch his hyung betting with with some students around.

 

It turned out that Jeonghan would act like his guardian because Cheol was reckless sometimes. It came to a point where Jeonghan dragged Cheol out because his temper began to loose, and that he became addicted in gambling.

 

Jeonghan:

Enough, hyung!

Let’s go now.

 

        Jeonghan was the commander that night, so Cheol had nothing more to say. Then, they stayed at a cute café, which Jeonghan really liked because Seungcheol just discovered that despite his gender, he likes cute things.

 

 Suddenly, he thought of something and asked Jeonghan to wait him there. He bought a cute cake for him, so that he could stay still like a kid. Jeonghan didn’t mind because he loved the cake with not so much sweet taste with his iced mocha.

 

Seungcheol:

I will buy something outside.

Don’t’ go!

Stay here!

(He instructed like Jeonghan was still a baby.)

 

Jeonghan:

I know. I’m a kid!

Just make sure you return.

Don’t dare abandon me here!

(He threatened)

 

Seungcheol:

Alright.

I’ll be quick.

 

        Seungcheol tried his best to be quick. 30 minutes after, he returned with something on his hand. Jeonghan didn’t seem to notice the time because he was busy changing his phone cover and eating. He was quite surprised that Seungcheol took just a little while.

 

Jeonghan:

Oh, hyung!

You’re fast!

 

        Seungcheol was panting, but he didn’t let Jeonghan knew. With him is a point-and-shoot and instax with him because he was confused of what camera to buy. He gave the instax to Jeonghan and let him figure it out.

 

Jeonghan:

You bought a camera?

Why?

 

Seungcheol:

Nothing.

 

        Well, of course, camera is being used to capture moments. Happy, sad, anything! And actually, every single moment. Jeonghan asked; though, he knew what those were for. He just wanted to know what came to his hyung’s mind that he suddenly felt buying one two.

 

        Without any further notice, Seungcheol took a photo of Jeonghan while figuring out how to use the instax through his point and shoot digital camera, and he was very much satisfied. Jeonghan noticed it.

 

Jeonghan:

You should have told me, so that I’m prepared!

 

Seungcheol:

Again!

 

        Jeonghan smiled, holding the Winnie the pooh instax and took a photo of his hyung at the same time. The two had a great time teasing each other, to the point that one was already getting pissed; nevertheless, they maintained their peaceful day in order for them not to ruin their first trip together.

 

Jeonghan:

Hyung, are you going to order?

 

Seungcheol:

Yes.

You want more?

 

Jeonghan:

(He smiled and took the opportunity of someone who’d pay everything for him.)

Yes.

 

Seungcheol:

(Smiled)

What do you want?

 

Jeonghan:

Chocolate soufflé’.

 

Seungcheol:

Okay.

 

        Seungcheol went to the counter and ordered their dessert, while Jeonghan was fanning the films to see his hyung’s smiling face on the picture. Of course, Seungcheol didn’t know that he was smiling.

 

        Seungcheol came with their orders. Jeonghan called the waiter to ask him if she could take a picture of them together.

 

Jeonghan:

(He was ready for the picture taking)

Hyung, smile!

 

        Seungcheol flashed his rare and beautiful smile for Jeonghan. He let him take one too in his digital camera so that they’d have soft copy.

 

They stayed there until dawn, which they did not notice, that was why they felt that their eyes began shutting. They were surprised when they looked at their watch and saw that it was almost three in the morning. So, they went back to their hotel to sleep.

 

        Jeonghan fell asleep immediately after lying his body on the bed; however, no matter how tired Cheol was, he couldn’t sleep. Maybe because of the caffeine. He ended up tossing and turning on their bed, and Jeonghan was disturbed by it.

 

Jeonghan:

Hyung, can’t you sleep?

(With his frowning and irritated face.)

 

        Seungcheol was surprised and froze. He looked at Jeonghan because he thought that he was awake, but Jeonghan just opened his mouth to scold his hyung and went back to sleep. Meanwhile, the pretty boy began curving his body. He seemed cold, but he had no time to get his blanket because he was busy in his dreams.

 

Seungcheol smiled and get the blanket for his baby brother.

 

Seungcheol:

Aigoo. You’d rather freeze than to wake up to get a blanket.

 

        He put his blanket and looked at him his head lightly until he too fell asleep. They woke up late, to the point that their breakfast turned out to be their lunch. Surprisingly, they opened their eyes at the same time and went to the bathroom to wash their pretty faces.

 

        They planned a busy schedule while eating.

 

To start their busy schedule, they went first to places that were just open until the afternoon like cultural places, some museums -as per Jeonghan’s request-, and amusement parks. They actually took a lot of photos of them together. Then, finally they went in a spa.

 

        They had their body relaxed after a long tiring day. They actually fell asleep with an hour of relaxing massage. It felt so good, and they felt that they were revived somehow. When their session ended, they went to a café again before going to shopping for their friends and Hansol.

 

        Seungcheol was the one to pick things for everyone; though, it was all for Jeonghan’s friend. His dongsaeng noticed that he was not picking for his own friends.

 

Jeonghan:

You don’t want to buy something for your friends?

 

Seungcheol:

They don’t wear these things. (No brand items)

 

Jeonghan:

I see.

 

        As they went back to the hotel, they started packing everything. They ended up buying luggage because they couldn’t hand carry everything they bought.

 

        Two days seemed to fly easily. On their third day, they needed to go back to Korea. It was sad; nevertheless, they were satisfied. Seungcheol let Jeonghan carry their luggage because it’s too cute for him (because Jeonghan was the one to choose that luggage).

 

Seungcheol:

Carry that!

I won’t go to the airport with that thing.

 

        Suddenly, without any word or sound, Jeonghan embraced his hyung warmly and tightly. They stayed like that for a while. It seemed like Jeonghan was waiting for Seungcheol to respond.

 

        Later on, Seungcheol replied by a soft embrace and a tap on his head.

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you, hyung!

I’ll be good!

 

Seungcheol:

I know.

C’mon. We’ll be late.

 

        However Jeonghan won’t let go.

 

Jeonghan:

Saranghae!

(He spoke the work quickly because he was so shy)

 

        Seungcheol, on the other hand, was surprised yet pleased at the same time. He exposed a smile of a proud brother and caressed Jeonghan’s head continuously.

 

Seungcheol:

Alright.

(He blushed)

Saranghae.

(Though his was a little fast yet calm and shy.)

Let’s go now!

 

        Jeonghan let go and followed his hyung with a satisfied expression. Now he knew that he had really someone with him; although, they weren’t that click with each other, at least he has a hyung now. An admirable and loving, sometimes cold yet sweet hyung. His name is Choi Seungcheol.

 

Guys… I’m sorry for my grammar. Hahaha! I hope you enjoy! I’ll update another one later or tomorrow, soooooo… see you! Hihi!

*I'm sorry... this might seem a little sweet for brothers. hihi. anyway, let's love one another guys!