Mini Series: Half Brothers: The First Meeting

Mini Drama: Half Brothers

Mini Series: Half Brothers: The First Meeting

 

        Being a son of a wealthy family, Choi Seung Cheol had lived his life to the fullest. Getting everything he wanted through his father’s wealth except for one thing, and it is a one happy and loving family.

 

As a boy, he hated his father because of his absence in every family gathering, even in their meals. He was so busy working for their company to earn a lot of money and seemed that he had forgotten about him and his mother. One day, Seungcheol’s mother had a severe disease that costs her life. She died from a cancer which spread rapidly all over her body because it was too late when they found out about it. They couldn’t do anything but to hope for a miracle.

 

By the time Seungcheol’s mother breathed her last breathe, the young Seungcheol was seated beside her, begging her not to leave him. He cried a lot and there was no one to comfort him but his maids because his father left them for a business trip; even though, he knew that his wife needed him the most that time.

 

The poor young master had to suffer their lost all by himself. He was alone greeting the guests in his mother’s funeral holding her picture tightly on his chest; however, his pain did not end there because after a few months of his mother’s death, his father took in another woman whom he married immediately. His step-mother was not that caring at all. She treated the poor boy harshly, so young Seungcheol charged to fight her back, especially when his father was away. The young master learned how to fight, and he never let that take everything he have.

 

It pissed him more when he learned that he would have a younger brother soon.

 

-Present Day-

 

        After graduating college, he decided to live alone, transferring to a quiet and simple home; in addition, he arrogantly demanded his father to transfer some of their properties under his name. Although, Seungcheol grew hardheaded, he did well in running their company despite his young age. He owned three top hotels and two high- class restaurants; moreover, he managed to put up his own travel agency with his partner (right hand) and best friend, Bang Sung Hoon. Seungcheol treated Sung Hoon like his own brother than his real brother, and they never leave each other’s side.

 

        One day, on a very peaceful sunny day, Choi Seung Cheol was resting in his house when he heard the doorbell rang. He stepped at the door to check who the visitor was. He peeked through his door’s small hole and saw an unfamiliar face. The stranger possesses a very angelic, tame face with a very short hair. Many thoughts came from his mind of who that person was, but he couldn’t remember if they’ve met before.

 

Seungcheol:

(In his deep thoughts.)

Who’s this person?

Have I met her before?

At the office?

(Shook his head)

No?

At the bar?

(Looked at the visitor once again)

Maybe not?

You could never see a face like than inside a bar.

Hmmm?

(He crossed his arms and frowned his brows as he tried to remember.)

 

After waiting for a few minutes, the stranger pressed the doorbell again, and that was when the young tycoon decided to open the door.

 

        The stranger greeted him with a nice, gentle smile. It was noticeable that he had his luggage and other stuffs with him such as books and other school materials. The first thing that came through Seungcheol’s mind was the student was probably looking for a boarding house and got lost upon wandering around the area.

 

Seungcheol:

Sorry kid, but you got the wrong place.

 

Jeonghan:

Good morning, hyung! I’m Yoon Jeonghan, your younger brother.

 

Seungcheol:

What?

(He was confused)

Hyung?!

 

        Seungcheol wasn’t expecting that and stayed frozen in his place, while Jeonghan welcomed himself into his brother’s house. The older one made sure that it was not his brother from the evil woman; even though, he rarely sees that little monster in their hell house. Moreover, that person did not have a resemblance in any member of their family.

 

Jeonghan:

I’ll introduce myself again.

(He bowed his head and greeted him politely.)

I’m Jeonghan and I’ll be living here with you. Nice to meet you, hyung!

(He smiled.)

 

Seungcheol:

I’m sorry but I have no time for th-

(His words were halted when someone called him through his phone.)

 

        The confused, firm man looked into his phone and saw that it was his father’s lawyer, Atty. Joong Ho, who was calling. He answered it immediately while Jeonghan was carrying his things to the living room.

 

Atty. Joong Ho:

Good day, Seungcheol! I called you because your father is expecting you to take care of your little brother. His name is Yoon Jeonghan and he’ll be there anytime soon.

 

Seungcheol:

(His world became a mess in an instant.)

Who? What?!

(Confused)

Attorney, what the hell are you talking about?

 

Attorney Joong Ho:

Your little brother named Yoon Jeonghan will be living with you starting today. Your father told me that you must take care of him because he cannot live in the mansion with your step-mother and half-brother.

 

Seungcheol:

And where did he come from?

(His blood was boiling upon hearing those instructions coming from his useless father.)

Why do I have to take care of him?

 

Attorney Ho:

Because you are his older brother.

 

Seungcheol:

I don’t even know who his mother is?

(He was astonished of everything.)

And why should I take care of his bastard! Tell the old man that it’s his responsibility and not mine!

 

Attorney Joong Ho:

He’s out of the country for 2 months. He said that he trusts you for this matter. Once he’s back, he’ll make sure that he’ll meet him as soon as possible.

 

Seungcheol:

What? Why am I supposed to take care of this kid?

(Shouting on the top of his lungs, even if, he knew that the young man could hear it.)

 

Attorney Joong Ho:

Good! Meaning, he’s there. Your father trusts you. I’ll meet you soon, Seungcheol. Have a nice day!

(The attorney hanged up the phone.)

 

Seungcheol:

Wait! Attorney!

(He tried to call him back again but he couldn’t reach him anymore. Maybe he did that for reason.)

 

Jeonghan:

Hyung, you want me to cook food for us? I’m hungry. Do you have any?

 

Seungcheol:

Yah! I need you to get out of my house right now.

(He was pissed.)

 

Jeonghan:

But I have nowhere to go.

(Tried to act cute with his pretty face.)

 

Seungcheol:

I don’t care!

(He cold heartedly shoo-ed him.)

 

Jeonghan:

I’ll do whatever you want. Just please keep me in.

(He pleaded.)

 

Seungcheol:

I don’t care. Just go. I don’t need anything from you.

 

Jeonghan:

Please, hyung.

 

Seungcheol:

Get out. Now!

 

        Jeonghan was startled but he did not move a single muscle from his position.

 

Seungcheol:

What did I say?

(He angrily confronted him.)

 

Jeonghan:

I won’t go.

(He insisted.)

I promise I will not be a nuisance to you.

(Stood up and gathered courage.)

Where’s my room?

 

Seungcheol:

(Losing his control.)

I said g-

(He halted.)

 

Jeonghan:

Hyung, I am 20 years old and I’m attending a university now.

 

Seungcheol:

So?

(Stared badly at him.)

 

Jeonghan:

I will study hard!

(He emphasized that he was going to behave well.)

 

Seungcheol:

Do you want money? Where’s your mom?

 

Jeonghan:

I don’t have a mother.

 

Seungcheol:

How the hell did you know that you are a child of that demon? You do not resemble any of our family.

(Scrutinizing the stranger’s features.)

And what are you? A lesbian?

(Mistook him of a girl because of his feminine features despite having a short hair.)

 

Jeonghan:

No. I am a boy.

 

Seungcheol:

(He was distracted for a second but he resumed of being a rude brother to him.)

This is ridiculous!

(Face palmed.)

 

Jeonghan:

Your house is nice.

(Touched his car figurines collection.)

 

Seungcheol:

Don’t touch those.

 

Jeonghan:

Okay.

(Obeyed him immediately.)

 

Seungcheol:

And don’t ever call me hyung. Understood?

(Thought of something)

You want to stay here?

 

Jeonghan:

Yes, hyung…

I mean…

 

Seungcheol:

You will do anything I want you to do?

 

Jeonghan:

Yes, except from leaving the house.

(Clearly stated his position.)

 

Seungcheol:

Alright.

Clean the house, wash my clothes, wash the dishes…

Are you good at cooking?

 

Jeonghan:

I can cook because I do it by myself.

 

Seungcheol:

Okay, then, cook for me during breakfast at around 6:00am then during dinner at exactly 7:00pm. Is that clear?

And oh!

(Added more)

Massage my feet when I get home.

Ev-ery-day. Got it?

 

Jeonghan:

(Gave him a wide, innocent gaze.)

Then, you should pay me.

(He suggested.)

 

Seungcheol:

(Surprised that he was stubborn.)

What?

 

Jeonghan:

I need to be paid for all that work. You’re hiring me as your maid, isn’t it?

 

Seungcheol:

Okay… if you say so.

(He’s good with it.)

 

Jeonghan:

And the pay?

 

Seungcheol:

Same as a maid.

 

Jeonghan:

And how about if I have class?

 

Seungcheol:

Don’t worry, I am usually out until 7:00 in the evening.

You maintain this house and don’t ever steal something.

 

Jeonghan:

I am not a thief, sir.

(He firmly defended himself.)

 

Seungcheol:

Good!

And, whatever you see or hear, shut your mouth. Understood?

 

Jeonghan:

Yes sir!

 

Seungcheol:

Any questions?

 

Jeonghan:

My meal? The pay day and he benefits please.

 

Seungcheol:

(He was quite amazed with his witty words.)

As expected!

Okay then, you can eat while I’m eating but you’re going to eat at the bar and not at the dining table with me.

Benefits? Let me think of it. Just start today.

 

Jeonghan:

Okay, sir. Thank you. You’re such a nice guy after all.

 

        Seungcheol ignored his words because he became curious of the androgynous boy whose claiming to be his younger brother. He saw himself on him maybe because they both had no mother as they grew up and also his stubbornness.

 

        Seungcheol is a kind-hearted man especially to his employees. That’s why his employees respects him a lot. Though, he’s sometimes tough and hot-headed.

 

        He instructed the younger man to cook their breakfast first and clean the house after. He gave the unused room for him to be his room. The older male sat on his soft couch placing his feet on the table to relax.

 

Seungcheol:

Hey! Bring me my coffee!

(He started enjoying it.)

 

Jeonghan:

How many spoonful of sugar and creamer should I put?

(He asked with a loud voice.)

 

Seungcheol:

1 spoon of sugar, no creamer!

(He replied.)

 

        The coffee was delivered to him and tasted just exactly like he wanted it to be.

 

Jeonghan:

I just want to remind you that my name is Jeonghan, sir.

 

Seungcheol:

Okay. Noted.

 

Jeonghan:

May I ask something?

 

Seungcheol:

(Did not mind.)

What is it?

 

Jeonghan:

How do you like your egg to be cooked?

 

Seungcheol:

I want it half cook. Sunny side up. You know what I mean?

 

Jeonghan:

Yes, sir.

 

        He simply stood up and went to the kitchen and start cooking. After he finished cooking, he called Seungcheol while preparing the table. As instructed, he went to the bar after setting up his master’s table and eat. Seungcheol, upon seeing it, was not comfortable, so he called Jeonghan to join him on the table, instead.

 

Seungcheol:

Eat here first. I’ll interview you.

 

Jeonghan:

Okay.

 

        They ate together while Seungcheol was staring at him.

 

Seungcheol:

(He broke the silence by asking him questions.)

Let’s start the interview.

Tell me your whole name and age again.

 

Jeonghan:

My name is Yoon Jeonghan and I’m 20 years old.

 

Seungcheol:

Name of your mother?

 

Jeonghan:

Yoon Ha Jin.

 

Seungcheol:

And your real father? Are you sure your father is the same person as mine?

 

Jeonghan:

Yes. His name is Choi Il Kook.

 

Seungcheol:

I think you should tell me your background, kid.

 

Jeonghan:

I’m not a kid anymore, sir.

 

Seungcheol:

Okay. Then, tell me, Jeonghan.

 

Jeonghan:

Sir, may I know what’s your age?

 

Seungcheol:

25. Why?

 

Jeonghan:

Nothing. I just want to know.

Anyway, my mother was an old maid of your dad. I heard that they had some sort of affair and your grandfather dumped us somewhere so…

 

Seungcheol:

(He was amazed on how he talk. It’s a little arrogant, but it’s amusing.)

You mean, your dad and your grandfather too?

 

Jeonghan:

I don’t know them so I don’t call them that way.

 

Seungcheol:

(Liked his attitude and became interested on knowing him more.)

Then why did you come here? To claim some money?

 

Jeonghan:

Maybe? I want to go to school. He is my only way, so I came. Attorney Joon Ho said that he was looking for me since I was a kid. He found me at the restaurant I’m working in.

 

Seungcheol:

How did you survive?

 

Jeonghan:

I was raised by my grandmother but when she died, I- I live alone.

 

Seungcheol:

When did she die?

 

Jeonghan:

When I was 7 years old.

 

Seungcheol:

And how about your mother?

 

Jeonghan:

I don’t know her.

(He expressed a stoic expression when he mentioned his mom.)

 

Seungcheol:

Wow! That must be hard.

I see.

Welcome. You’re hired!

Just be good and I’ll be nice to you too.

 

        For the first time, he ate everything on his plate and he did not know what happened to him. He realized that; although, it was just a simple bacon and egg meal, it tasted so good or maybe because someone cooked for him. Before he entered the bathroom to take his shower, Jeonghan asked him of what dinner would he like to eat and Seungcheol just asked him to cook a good meal.

 

        He left Jeonghan alone in his beloved house to go to his office. Meanwhile, Attorney Joong Ho called him again to tell him that he would meet him at his office after lunch.

 

-Seungcheol’s Office-

       

        As soon as he arrived at his office, a pile of paper greeted him on his table. Then, a young handsome man approached him from his side.

 

Sung Hoon:

Probably not your lucky day, huh?

(Knowing that there were lot of deadlines to be fix.)

 

Seungcheol:

Yeah.

(Sighed.)

I think so.

(He changed the topic.)

Hey.

 

Sung Hoon:

Yes?

 

Seungcheol:

Got a new lad in my home. I want you to investigate him.

 

Sung Hoon:

Who?

 

Seungcheol:

He claimed to be my younger brother?

 

Sung Hoon:

You mean, Seung Jae? (Seungcheol’s little brother with his evil step-mother.)

 

Seungcheol:

No. His name is Yoon Jeonghan.

 

Sung Hoon:

Give me the dsetails.

 

Seungcheol:

I’ll give it to you later. I think Attorney Joong Ho has it.

 

Sung Hoon:

Alright.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Sooooo... this is the first episode of their mini drama from Behind the Scenes: Cue. 

Forgive my grammar. Hope you enjoy it! Have a nice day everyone!