Mini Series: Half Brothers: By Your Side

Mini Drama: Half Brothers

Mini Series: Half Brothers: By Your Side

 

        After the half brothers’ formal meeting, as in all of them together, Cheol brought the two brats home. He let SungJae sleep on Sung Hoon’s room because he didn’t want him to be with Jeonghan and Hansol’s side no matter what. When Seungcheol was left alone in the living room, he felt guilty by treating his brothers harshly when he realized that, he was not the one who’s really suffering alone. That he has two innocent brothers who were accepting the hurtful words and actions because of their parent’s fault. The eldest stayed at the living room looking at the village collection toy he bought in a toy store to relax and fell asleep.

 

        Early in the morning the next day, Jeonghan saw his hyung sleeping on the couch. He got his blanket and covered his hyung’s body after removing the laptop on his lap.

 

Then, as usual, he woke the two after he’s done cooking. SungJae was still at daze when he saw his beautiful hyung waking him up gently, and it confused him because he was seeing different room. It took him several seconds to identify and remember everything.

 

Jeonghan:

Hey, are you alright?

(He giggled)

 

SungJae:

Ne? Ummm… yeah?

(With his confused big eyes and messy hair.)

 

Jeonghan:

C’mon, breakfast is ready.

(He smiled)

 

SungJae:

(He exposed a bright smile)
Ah, yes hyung!

Good morning!

 

Jeonghan:

Good morning!

 

        When they got in the kitchen, their CEO hyung was busy with his laptop. They thought that maybe it was work related, so they did not dare to disturb him. Later on, the little man came walking to the kitchen with his unstable feet while rubbing his eyes. Same as SungJae he walked with his cute sleepy eyes and son goku super cyan hair.

 

Hansol:

Morning!

 

        When the little boy adjusted everything in his body to stay awake, he dashed to Seungcheol who was the nearest to him and cling on his leg.

 

Hansol:

Boss! Saranghae!

(Blinked his eyes beautifully and charmingly.)

 

Seungcheol:

(Smiled)

Saranghae~

 

        As always, he’s sweet with Hansol but never on the two young men in front of him. SungJae was surprised on how soft his brother would be in front of children, and what shocked him the most was he could really speak those 3 words with a very charming smile. It was sincere! The young man was again dazed because he could never imagine that his hyung was not as grumpy as he thought.

 

        As expected, Seungcheol couldn’t resist the young man; even though, he was busy, he still play with the little man. Jeonghan, on the other hand, asked Hansol to go with him and eat.

 

Jeonghan:

Hansol-ah, hyung is busy. Come here.

 

Seungcheol:

I’m fine.

 

Jeonghan:

Sure? But I don’t want you to make me do those graphs again because you didn’t make it.

 

Seungcheol:

It’s not about business. I’m booking and planning our trip.

 

SungJae:

Oh! I can help!

 

Seungcheol:

Send me your proposed itinerary this afternoon. Okay?

 

SungJae:

Oh, yeah. Sure!

 

Jeonghan:

That’s how you talk to your brother, boss? Really?

You’ve been together since you were young bu-

 

Seungcheol:

No, we’ve been not.

We’re not close. I do not see him or even talk to him back then.

 

Jeonghan:

Wow! You’re cold.

 

        SungJae thought that they were closer than him; even though, attorney told him that they knew each other just almost 3 months ago. He thought that maybe because they live at the same house, that’s why they got close.

 

Seungcheol:

I am who I am Han-ah.

 

Jeonghan:

Tsk! Tsk!

(He diverted his attention to the youngest.)

SungJae-ah, don’t you like the food?

(He asked that because he just took 3 spoons and he became blank thinking of something.)

 

SungJae:

(He was startled)

A, no! I mean. I like it!

I was just thinking of something.

(He giggled)

Your cooking is good, hyung! My mom doesn’t even know how to cook!

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you. My witch too.

(He giggled)

 

SungJae:

I wish I could live with you.

 

Seungcheol:

No.

(With his cold voice.)

 

Jeonghan:

Don’t mind the grumpy old man.

(He winked)

 

Seungcheol:

Wait until later, Jeonghan-ah. I’ll kill you.

(He murmured with his big eyes staring bad at Jeonghan.)

 

Jeonghan:

Tsk!

 

        Hansol and Seungcheol were so focused on the screen while waiting for the two boys in their shower and preparation. He and Hansol took a bath together and then drive them to their school. Of course, Hansol first, then SungJae, and last Jeonghan. Seungcheol made it fast because he had a meeting that morning and he couldn’t be late. He left with no words again, as usual, but Jeonghan does as always.

 

Jeonghan:

Take care, hyung.

(With a gentle smile; though, it was quite weak this time.)

 

        After a while, inside the meeting, someone was calling Seungcheol in an unknown number. He wasn’t supposed to answer it, but somehow, he felt like he should.

 

He excused himself, which Sung Hoon was curious about, and Seungcheol said that he had to answer a call. When his beloved friend looked at his phone, it was a number. He was more confused because before Jeonghan came to his life. He ignored every call he had, even if it was his fiancé, but now, even if it was an unknown number, he’d try to answer it.

 

SungHoon:

It’s an unknown number. Why bother to answer.

 

Seungcheol:

I don’t know. I just feel that I should.

 

        The CEO walked out the door and answered the call. It was from Jeonghan’s school, saying that he was sick. Seungcheol, upon hearing it, rushed to his school and asked Yu Jin to tell Sung Hoon that he had to go, and he didn’t know if he’s returning within the day.

 

        He went to the nurse station, where Jeonghan and his friend was. Jeonghan was very sick that time and he had a very high fever. Seungcheol didn’t know that he was feeling not so good when the time they parted. He asked himself if how could he never noticed that he was sick.

 

Seungcheol:

How was he?

 

Nurse:

He has a fever.

 

Seungcheol:

Did a doctor came to visit and check him up?

 

Nurse:

Yes, sir.

He can go home.

 

        Meanwhile, a quiet boy beside him greeted him with a polite bow. He introduced himself as his friend.

 

Wonwoo:

I’m Wonwoo, sir. Jeonghan’s friend.

 

Seungcheol:

What happened?

 

Wonwoo:

He passed out after our break.

 

Seungcheol:

(He was surprised)

Passed out?

Is he really okay to go home?

 

Nurse:

It’s due to over fatigue, sir.

 

        Seungcheol thought that it was his fault because he was keeping him busy every day; although, he knew that he was busy in school. He looked at his younger brother and caressed his hands.

 

Wonwoo:

I told him to rest and go home as soon as he came, but he insisted to participate in the class.

 

Seungcheol:

Meaning he’s sick since morning?

(He thought that it was irresponsible of him not to notice)

He’s such a hard headed kid.

Thanks for bringing him here.

 

Wonwoo:

That’s nothing, sir.

 

Seungcheol:

Call me Seungcheol or hyung. I’m his brother.

 

Wonwoo:

I see.

 

Seungcheol:

I better bring him to the hospital.

(Looked at the sleeping naughty angel.)

 

Wonwoo:

He’s gonna be fine. He just needs a proper rest.

(He smiled)

 

Seungcheol:

Thanks, buddy.

(Tapped Wonwoo’s broad shoulders.)

 

        Seungcheol carried the thin framed beautiful man into his car and went home immediately. He placed Jeonghan on his bed and he noticed that the mattress was not that good enough to rest because it’s too old and it’s already saggy. He thought of ordering right away, so he transferred Jeonghan to his bed.

 

        While waiting for the mattress and food that he ordered, he kept on brushing Jeonghan’s head, neck, and hands with a wet towel soaked in a cold water. He looked so weak that he felt guilty of making him suffer a lot because of his silliness; nevertheless, he kept on watching him until their baby Hansol came back with Mrs. Park from the day care. Hansol knew that his hyungs were already in their house because of the black car parked in front of their house.

 

Hansol:

Boss, broom broom!

(He pointed excitedly at the black car and he kept stomping his feet because he was so excited to see them.)

 

Mrs. Park:

Aigoo~ our little man is too excited to see his hyungs.

(She opened the door and Hansol ran and screamed their names.)

 

Hansol:

Boss-hyung! Hanhan-ah!

 

        The little man ran rapidly and checked every room, then, he was surprised that Seungcheol’s door immediately opened.

 

Seungcheol:

Hansol-ah, welcome home!

(With a gentle smile)

 

Hansol:

Hyung!

(He giggled)

Hanhan?

 

Seungcheol:

He’s sleeping because he’s sick.

Let’s let him rest well. Okay?

 

Hansol:

(With big eyes.)

Okay.

 

Seungcheol:

Have you eaten?

 

Hansol:

Not yet. Mrs. Park will cook for me.

 

Seungcheol:

Really? But I already bought pizza. You like it?

 

Hansol:

Yes!

 

        After eating their lunch and after Hansol took his nap, the boss asked Mrs. Park to cook something for Jeonghan. Something that he could swallow easily. Mrs. Park smiled, and she was very proud of Seungcheol because he became responsible as a brother; though, she admitted that he’s very naughty most of the time and he’d like to tease his poor brother too much.

 

        While talking to Sung Hoon about the meeting, Jeonghan came out of his room walking by himself. Seungcheol scolded him right away.

 

Seungcheol:

Ya! Don’t push yourself from moving!

(He shouted in spite he’s talking to Sung Hoon over the phone.)

 

Jeonghan:

(Looked and spoke with his weak eyes and voice.)

I’m going to pee.

 

        Seungcheol assisted him immediately and he totally forgot about Sung Hoon on the other line. Meanwhile, his curious friend was listening to their conversation. And he was very surprised that Seungcheol spoke in a very gentle manner that he’s never heard before.

 

Seungcheol:

How are you feeling?

 

Jeonghan:

My head hurts.

 

Seungcheol:

Eat first.

 

Jeonghan:

I don’t want.

 

Seungcheol:

Ya, you should eat!

 

Jeonghan:

I have no appetite.

 

Seungcheol:

(Prevented himself from getting angry and toned down his voice.)

You have too.

You need to drink your medicine.

 

Jeonghan:

Alright.

       

-In Seungcheol’s bedroom-

 

Jeonghan:

I must go to our room.

 

Seungcheol:

Hansol is sleeping there. Don’t pass the virus to him.

 

Jeonghan:

How about you?

 

Seungcheol:

Don’t mind me.

And how come you didn’t tell me that you’re not feeling well?

 

Jeonghan:

I didn’t know yet.

My head just hurt a little, so I don’t bother.

And besides…

 

        Seungcheol was waiting for his next sentence.

 

Seungcheol:

Besides?

 

Jeonghan:

I don’t want to bother you because you have meeting.

 

Seungcheol:

That’s not important!

(He exclaimed, but he blushed because he didn’t know he’d speak those words.)

 

Jeonghan:

Are you real, hyung?

(He .)

 

Seungcheol:

I mean- I mean, they might report it to the old man.

 

Jeonghan:

Of course. Okay.

Cheers for the good fortune!

(He giggled weakly.)

 

        However, that was not Seungcheol meant. He was just finding excuses for him not to expose his true feelings because it’d be awkward for him.

 

Sungcheol:

Go back to rest.

 

Jeonghan:

Okay. Thank you.

You’re going to the office?

 

Seungcheol:

No. I’ll stay here.

(Changed the topic)

You should eat. Let’s wait for the porridge.

 

Jeonghan:

Does Attorney Jung Ho has spy up until here?

 

Seungcheol:

(Stopped momentarily.)

I-i guess so.

(He stuttered because he was embarrassed that he needed to lie just to protect his image; however, his heart and mind were fighting inside him.)

 

Jeonghan:

Alright.

 

        Mrs. Park entered the room and gave the porridge to him. She thought that she was the one who would feed Jeonghan, but Seungcheol grabbed it and let Mrs. Park go and rest with Hansol.

 

        Seungcheol kept on surprising everyone in his actions, especially when he blow the food for it to cool down and gave it to Jeonghan. Jeonghan froze for a moment as he was surprised on how his cold hyung acted that day, but he still ate what Cheol offered him. He didn’t finish the food, but at least his stomach had something before he drank his medicine.

 

Jeonghan:

Hyung, do you think Mrs. Park is attorney’s spy?

 

        Seungcheol was surprised by his question because it was all of a sudden and he couldn’t think that he’d think of that too.

 

Seungcheol:

Why?

 

Jeonghan:

Because you’re so kind whenever she’s there.

 

Seungcheol:

(Shocked with his honest words.)

I’m kind, though.

 

Jeonghan:

mmmm…. Sometimes?

(He wasn’t sure.)

 

Seungcheol:

Just rest.

I’ll stay here. When you need me just ask.

 

Jeonghan:

Okay.

 

        The next day, Jeonghan became well. He even cooked their breakfast early because he had so much sleep yesterday. He was full of energy cooking and waiting for the boys to come out of their rooms. Seungcheol woke up a little late, but he was not angry. Jeonghan wondered why.

 

Jeonghan:

Aren’t you late for office?

 

Seungcheol:

No. I’m not going out today.

 

Jeonghan:

Why? Are you sick?

(Placed his palm on Cheol’s forehead)

 

Seungcheol:

I’m not.

(Looked at Jeonghan)

Why are you well-dressed?

 

Jeonghan:

I’m going to school.

It’s Friday today. You forgot?

 

Seungcheol:

Only Hansol will go out today. You will stay here with me.

 

Jeonghan:

(Frowned his brows.)

Why?!

 

Seungcheol:

You should rest well.

 

Jeonghan:

But I’m fine.

 

Hansol:

(At the background)

Aigoo~

(He was watching them while waiting for Mrs. Park to come and fetch him.)

 

Seungcheol:

It’s my order, Jeonghan-ah. Listen to me.

I already inform your school about it.

 

Jeonghan:

But hyung!

 

Seungcheol:

I think I made myself clear.

No-one’s-gonna-go-out- today.

(He talked slowly as a tease.)

You understand now?

 

        Jeonghan sulked that morning. He really wanted to go to school but his boss firmly did not allow him.

 

Seungcheol was just observing him roaming around their sweet home. He seemed uneasy of something, he couldn’t just stay put and rest. Cheol thought he was a bit weird and later on he just ignored him and watched a movie on TV.

 

Meanwhile, Jeonghan started sweeping and mopping the floor. Then, he wiped all the dusty furniture and displays in their kitchen and bedroom, then went to the living room afterwards.

 

        Seungcheol was distracted of his brother’s action and made him stop working.

 

Seungcheol:

Ya, can’t you see I’m watching?

Why do you keep on distracting me?

 

Jeonghan:

(With an innocent face.)

Sorry. It’s been a while since I clean the whole house properly. I’m about to finish, don’t worry.

(While wiping the center table.)

 

Seungcheol:

(Looked at him.)

You should rest. Your body is still weak, you know.

(The looked back at the television.)

 

Jeonghan:

I have nothing to do.

 

Seungcheol:

You want to go out with me?

 

Jeonghan:

Where are we going?

 

Seungcheol:

Where do you want?

 

Jeonghan:

Anywhere.

 

Seungcheol:

By the way, Hansol will go home late today. I asked Mrs. Park to accompany him in their mini field trip in a museum.

 

        Well, what Seungcheol said was a lie. What kind of school would impose a field trip for toddlers? It was bizarre. He really asked Mrs. Park to take Hansol to a place where he can enjoy and interact with other children because he needed some time alone with his brother. He wanted to know him better as a person too.

 

Jeonghan:

Let’s clean up first.

You might want to fix your room too. I noticed that there’s a lot of things that you’re not using. Maybe you might want to eliminate some of them, so you have more space.

 

Seungcheol:

That’s a good idea!

 

        Cheol turned off the TV and they both went to the boss’ room. They started rampaging Cheol’s cabinet and there were a lot of things inside that cabinet on the uppermost part of the storage. When they opened it, things freely flowed down as if it was forced there. Some of it hit their heads because they didn’t expect that there were plenty of things inside. Cheol couldn’t recognize some of it already.

 

Jeonghan:

Aw!

(He his head because something hard hit his head.)

What was that?

 

        Seungcheol was worried and hurried to him. He patted his dongsaeng’s head gently.

 

Seungcheol:

You okay?

 

Jeonghan:

Yeah. It’s just that… that thing was heavy and hard.

 

Seungcheol:

(Giggled)

I guess I have to throw most of them.

 

        Seungcheol sighed as he looked how messy his room has become, by looking at those pile of things in his cabinet.

 

Jeonghan:

I guess, we have to start now, hyung.

(He sighed)

 

        There they saw basketball, baseball, baseball bat, bags, photo albums, old uniform, hats, old gadgets and toys. There were even picture frames and some vintage things in it. Seungcheol was surprised because he didn’t know he had them.

 

Jeonghan:

You sure got a lot of things here.

 

        The two began scrapping everything and Cheol decided to eliminate almost all of it except for the pictures and his mother’s things. Jeonghan was troubled because almost all the bags and shoes and other things that he disposed were still good.

 

Jeonghan:

Hyung, can I have these?

(All of the things that could still be used.)

 

Seungcheol:

What for?

Just buy a new one.

 

Jeonghan:

I will not use them because I already have one.

 

Seungcheol:

Then, what will you do with those?

 

Jeonghan:

I have a friend from highschool. I think he might want to have a good bag and a pair of shoes too. I hope he has the same size with you.

 

Seungcheol:

Just buy him a new one. It’s embarrassing to give them second hand.

 

Jeonghan:

Your bags and shoes were still okay. I will wash them later.

 

Seungcheol:

How many are they?

 

Jeonghan:

3? But one of them is my best friend.

 

Seungcheol:
I see.

 

Jeonghan:

Though, I don’t know if he still lives there?

 

Seungcheol:

Where?

 

Jeonghan:

He’s just near the witch’s house.

 

Seungcheol:

You want me to ask someone to-

 

Jeonghan:

I’ll do it alone. Besides, I miss him too.

(He giggled)

I miss teasing him.

(He looked at Cheol with an excited face.)

He’s like my brother.

 

Seungcheol:

(Gave him a jealous look.)

Is he older?

 

Jeonghan:

Same age as me.

 

        Seungcheol was quite jealous upon hearing those words from his precious little brother.

 

Seungcheol:

I’ll go with you.

 

Jeonghan:

No need. I can do it alone.

 

        Cheol began to get pissed because he thought that Jeonghan did not want him to join them because he’s just a nuisance for the both of them; however, Jeonghan thought that his hyung wanted to accompany him because he thought that he might get scared from his family again and that he didn’t want to disturb him anymore. There were misunderstandings between them that was why they often fight.

 

        After a while, Jeonghan saw a picture of him with a girl beside him. They looked so sweet together, so they asked Cheol of who could that woman be?

 

Jeonghan:

Hyung, who’s this?

 

Seungcheol:

She’s Da Eun, my fiancé.

 

Jeonghan:

She’s pretty.

 

Seungcheol:

(.)

I don’t know that you know how to look pretty ladies. I thought y-

 

Jeonghan:

(Looked at him with an annoyed gaze.)

What do you think of me?

Are you stupid?!

 

Seungcheol:

(He ended up annoyed too.)

What?!

Better watch your mouth kid!

 

Jeonghan:

You started it?!

(They started fighting again but then...)

Hyung, why don’t you put in on your table?

 

Seungcheol:

What for?

 

Jeonghan:

You are reeeeaaaallly weird. Of course she’s your fiancé.

Don’t you love her?

 

Seungcheol:

I always see her when we chat.

(With a crooked brows.)

 

Jeonghan:

(Sighed)

Fine. You’re colder than I thought.

 

Seungcheol:

Stop talking and keep on working, so that we can go out early.

 

Jeonghan:

What will we do outside?

 

Seungcheol:

Hmmm, you want to go somewhere?

Watch movie, or shopping, or go to amusement park or-

 

Jeonghan:

How about an arcade, hyung!

 

Seungcheol:

That’s fine.

 

        Jeonghan noticed that Seungcheol was not interested, so he decided to change it.

 

Jeonghan:

You’re not interested though, maybe I want to go to a relaxing place. A café, a spa?

(Observed his hyung.)

 

Seungcheol:

We go to an arcade first and then to a café then to a spa…. So faster! Faster!

 

Jeonghan:

Can you work fast too, hyung?

 

Seungcheol:

I am!

Can’t you see I’m working?

 

Jeonghan:

You just keep on telling me what to do!

(Scolded his hyung)

Why can’t you sort all of these and so I can start wiping your dusty cabinet?

Can you?!

 

Seungcheol:

Fine! Fine!

(With an annoyed face.)

 

        Jeonghan didn’t know that upon leaving the room to get some towel and broom, Seungcheol wore a very happy and satisfied smile. He didn’t know that every time Jeonghan said the magic word “hyung” he’s happy. It’s just that it was hard for Cheol to tell him that he loves him too.

 

Jeonghan, on the other hand, felt that his Cheol hyung was the only human he could rely on. He trusted and loved him from the moment he stepped in his house. That was why he made everything Seungcheol asked him to do. He studied well, he massage him gently, he cooked delicious food for him, and he always made it on time when he go home, and last but not the least, he always texts him of his activities, just like as he said.

 

        Finally, the two were done after fixing Cheol’s room after two hours. They were able to finish everything in two hours because Seungcheol decided to throw everything else that were not being used. Jeonghan put them on the laundry because like what he said, he wanted to give them to his friends who might need it. Seungcheol let him do what he wanted to do and asked Jeonghan to change to something nice. They’ll go somewhere.

 

        While driving, Seungcheol called Atty. Jung Ho because he asked him to do something for him. After he hanged the phone, they went to the museum where Hansol and Mrs. Park were. Cheol asked Jeonghan to wait at him in the café while he would just meet someone fast, so Jeonghan sat inside the café after he ordered his meal. On the other hand, Seungcheol went to their baby Hansol.

 

Seungcheol:

How’s our Hansol?

 

Hansol:

Fine, boss!

(He giggled)

 

Seungcheol:

Hansol-ah… I have a favor to ask you. Can you do it for me?

 

Hansol:

Yes!

(Even though he didn’t know what to do.)

 

Seungcheol:

You know that Hanhan and I always fight right?

 

Hansol:

(He was pretty sure of that.)

Yes!

 

Seungcheol:

(Smiled)

I’d like to take him somewhere to say sorry.

 

Hansol:

I love you too?

 

Seungcheol:

(Felt embarrassed but he was forced to agree.)

Yes.

Can you wait for us for two days?

 

Hansol:

Away?

(Sadden)

 

        Seungcheol was quite guilty of the plan to leave Hansol behind. He felt sad when Hansol’s voice was sad too. Though, miraculously, Hansol agreed. It seemed that he understood what was going on between them.

 

Hansol:

Can I visit ahjumma’s house?

 

        He got that in mind because he met Mrs. Park’s grandchildren. Meanwhile, Mrs. Park told Seungcheol that she would take care of everything.

 

Mrs. Park:

I will take care of everything, Cheol. Leave him to me.

Besides, he really likes my grandchildren. I can bring him home and babysit him there with my two girls.

Do what you have to do.

(She smiled)

I am happy for you Cheol.

 

Seungcheol:

Thanks, Mrs. Park.

I thought I am a bit late, though.

(He giggled)

Thank you Hansol. What do you want me to take home?

 

Hansol:

Hanhan!

Boss!

(He giggled sweetly.)

 

Seungcheol:

(He patted the little man at the head and planted a kiss on his forehead but Hansol demanded a kiss on his lips too with his cute pout.)

Alright.

Thank you.

Promise me you behave and don’t cry. Alright?

 

Hansol:

Promise!

 

        Seungcheol gave Mrs. Park his pocket money, so if he needed to buy something for him and for her grandchildren, as well as for her, they could. He went back to the café where he left Jeonghan, but when he was almost near, he saw Jeonghan talking to a man inside that restaurant. He thought that maybe he knew that young man. He looked like a friend the way they interact with each other. As he entered the café, he immediately called Jeonghan because they were ready to go. Jeonghan stood up and introduced his friend he was talking about.

 

Jeonghan:

Hyung, this is Mingyu. My best friend.

 

        Seungcheol felt that he had a daughter introducing a young handsome man in front of him. He felt a little sting inside him, but as always he acted cool.

 

Mingyu:

Good day, sir! I’m Mingyu. Nice to meet you.

 

        Upon scrutinizing the poor young man, he thought that he was a good fellow, since he was working in a legal job and not that of Jeonghan’s relatives.

 

Seungcheol:

Nice to meet you.

(He looked at Jeonghan)

Jeonghan-ah, c’mon. We have to go.

 

Jeonghan:

Alright.

Bye Mingyu. See you!

 

Mingyu:

Take care Jeonghan. You too, sir.

Have a nice day!

 

Seungcheol:

Thanks. You too, buddy.

 

Mingyu:

Thank you sir.

 

        The brothers boarded the car while Jeonghan noticed that Seungcheol wore a very serious face.

 

Jeonghan:

Something wrong?

 

Seungcheol:

Nothing.

You don’t have class by tomorrow and the other day right?

 

Jeonghan:

Yes.

 

Seungcheol:

Alright.

 

        They stayed quiet for a while until they arrived at airport. Jeonghan was surprised when they ended up going to the airport. Well, he thought that he’d meet someone there too. Or maybe his fiancé. He didn’t suspect that they would go out of the country since he didn’t ask him to pack his things. He just followed the quiet man until their passport was checked. Jeonghan was clueless until his hyung gave him his passport, so they could enter.

 

Jeonghan:

Hyung! Where are we going?

 

Seungcheol:

(Diverted his attention to other things.)

Jeonghan-ah, I asked Sung Hoon to inform your school that you’d be out for about 2 weeks on October.

1st and 2nd week of October.

 

Jeonghan:

But I have class.

 

Seungcheol:

I know. That’s why I asked Sung Hoon to go to your school.

 

Jeonghan:

What are we going to do?

 

Seungcheol:

It’s the week of your birthday. It’s two weeks from now, I want you to celebrate there. I booked everything already. I mean SungJae.

I can’t cancel those. It’d be expensive to cancel 4 tickets. You understand?

 

Jeonghan:

Oh-

(He was surprised that Seungcheol planned of celebrating his birthday.)

Thank you, hyung.

Thank you so much.

 

Seungcheol:

(He was surprised that Jeonghan didn’t complain anymore.)

You’re a good boy today, Jeonghan-ah.

That’s good.

 

        Jeonghan blushed and never open his mouth again until they boarded the plane. Seungcheol did that because he was running out of time, since his fiancé was coming soon. He thought that he’d like to do something to make his brother happy before he get married; though, he still promised that he’d take care of him for the rest of his life. Even if he’s already married to somebody else too.

 

Seungcheol:

We’re going to Taiwan.

(He noticed that Jeonghan did not respond and looked at him seeing a stiff and scared Jeonghan. Far from the lion Jeonghan he knew.)

Is this your first time to board a plane?

 

Jeonghan:

Yes.

I-I’m a bit scared.

 

Seungcheol:

Don’t worry, I’m here.

(He smiled)

 

        The plane was about to take off and Jeonghan felt anxiuos. He fisted his hands and tremble upon flying. Seungcheol was observing him when he closed his eyes tightly. Jeonghan looked so weak and scared. The older ones was about to hold his hands, but Jeonghan embraced him quickly and tightly. Seungcheol felt relieved that Jeonghan could feel that he could still rely on him on something. And then, he embraced him back and patted his head gently.

 

Seungcheol:

It’s gonna be okay. I’ll be by your side.