Mini Series: Half Brothers: Disappearance

Mini Drama: Half Brothers

Guys... please bear with my grammar. hihi! thanks.

 

----

 

Mini Series: Half Brothers: Disappearance

 

-Ha Jin and Goo Tak-

 

Back to Jeonghan’s old place. His mother and uncle were having a bad fight. Goo Tak would hit his sister, even in public places. He was showing no mercy hitting her as hard as his anger could punish the poor lady.

 

One moment, Ha Jin had the chance to escape, she ran as fast as her legs could take her, but unfortunately, Goo Tak was faster than her. He pulled Ha Jin’s hair and dragged her back to their filthy house.

 

Goo Tak:

Ya! Don’t dare escape from me. I’ll kill you!

 

Ha Jin:

Let go of me!

(While struggling from his brother’s tight grip.)

 

Goo Tak:

Do your job in finding your sons!

It’s your fault that they fled.

 

Ha Jin:

(Bit her brother’s arms)

It was not only my fault!

It’s your fault from hitting Jeonghan!

Damn! Those kids knows how to hide themselves well.

 

Goo Tak:

How about Mingyu’s place?

 

Ha Jin:

I tried but he’s not there.

 

Goo Tak:

Jeonghan leaves Hansol there sometimes.

Maybe they are just hiding him.

(Looked at Mingyu’s house not far from theirs.)

I’ll search for him inside.

 

        As planned, Goo Tak rampaged Mingyu’s house. Mingyu was not there, so he took the chance of trespassing, while nobody would stop him. Jeonghan’s uncle boldly came in the house fearlessly shouting at Ra Hel- Mingyu’s mother. He even hit her for something she didn’t know. Good thing, the neighbors were there to defend Mingyu’s poor disabled mother, who couldn’t protect herself because of her immobility due to .

 

        The neighbors reported him to the police; however, his connections released him out of the prison after a day. Mingyu was so angry at them and planned to go to Goo Tak’s place to avenge his mother, but Ra Hel stopped him quickly because they didn’t know what they could possibly do to him.

 

Goo Tak and his friends were dangerous. No one dared to touch them because of their connections. Thank goodness, Mingyu was convinced to back off; however, he was troubled that he were looking for Hansol; in addition, he was worried of their safety too.

 

        The reason behind that was, Hansol’s biological father which was a foreigner, visited them after a long time. He was claiming his son again after abandoning him. The man went back to look for his son because he already convinced his wife to have the child, since they couldn’t produce their own.

 

Ha Jin and John, Hansol’s father, met inside a bar.

 

The angry man went to a bar where he could drink and flirt with other ladies for a while just to cool down a bit as he was disappointed at his wife not being able to carry their own child. Just then, Ha Jin noticed him, lonely at the counter bar. She approached him and entertained him well, hoping for a jackpot that night. Ha Jin was never wrong; though, what he asked was a little different. Nevertheless, they agreed. They had this agreement to have an and bear his son. He promised to support them while she’s having the baby and that he would claim the child right after he/ she was born. Unfortunately, his wife discovered it and fought about it. He decided to abandon him right before Ha Jin went on labor, fearing that his beloved wife would leave him. And now, he’s back and he’s claiming him again. But this time. Ha Jin made an agreement in exchange of a large sum of money.

 

So, as of the moment, they were eager to find the boy. They didn’t care about Jeonghan. They just wanted the poor Hansol badly.

 

 

Days had passed and Seungcheol’s wedding was fast approaching; however, the more it gets close the more the brothers felt distant with each other.

 

For a time, Sung Jae tried to stop him too. Seungcheol was frustrated thinking that they were all against him; moreover, his dad and grandfather asked him to extend the date because they wanted to know more about Da Eun.

 

        Seungcheol was really in the bad mood. Sung Hoon was not coming to their office anymore because he chose to work inside his home; for the reason that, he wasn’t prepared to see Cheol’s face yet. He was still angry, and he feared that he won’t hesitate to throw a punch on his face as soon as they start fighting again.

 

Sung Hoon became Jeonghan and SungJae’s hyung for a while because Cheol won’t talk to them.

 

        One day, Seungcheol and Da Eun went to their mansion because Seungcheol wanted to fix everything all at once, so that they all could be happy before their wedding day. It’s not just for his sake but for all of them. As the eldest among the brothers, he should take the first move to fix it.

 

        Unfortunately, Jeonghan, Hansol and all the maids were just the ones who were present there. Jeonghan was in the kitchen, reviewing at their big dining room with Hansol playing with his ‘Beanz’ toys –his favorite toy because it resembled all of them- all by himself.

 

        Seungcheol noticed him busy reading and memorizing something; moreover, he looked so stressed. He was worried that he might have been abusing himself for his studies, and it also made him glad to see that Jeonghan and Hansol were just fine.

 

Seungcheol:

(He approached modestly.)

Jeonghan-ah, can we talk?

 

The older one walked towards Jeonghan, while it startled the younger ones.

 

Hansol:

Hyung!!!

(He embraced him tightly with his sweet and loud giggle.)

 

Jeonghan:

Sure. What about?

(He noticed that the monster was behind him.)

You want something, sir, ma’am?

(He said coldly)

 

Seungcheol:

Don’t be like that. I’m here to talk to you properly.

 

Jeonghan:

I am listening. Go ahead, Sir Cheol.

 

Seungcheol:

Jeonghan-ah.

 

Jeonghan:

I understand. I won’t talk anymore. I am not in the right place.

Don’t worry, I won’t do anything.

 

Seungcheol:

I know you are hurt from the last time.

My wedding is fast approaching. I want all of you to attend on my special day.

Can we-

(Then, a call cut their conversation)

Can I have this for a while?

 

Jeonghan:

Sure.

 

        After talking over the phone, he needed to rush to the company because something happened and they needed to fix it right away.

 

Seungcheol:

I’ll be back.

Please, no fighting.

 

Jeonghan:

I don’t pick fights. I am reviewing right now, unless-

(He pursed his lips.)

Nothing.

(He gritted his teeth)

 

        After Cheol left, Da Eun went near him planning to a little more.

 

Da Eun:

Jeonghan-ah, can you serve me tea?

 

Jeonghan:

I’m busy.

 

Da Eun:

I cannot do it because my belly is hurting and besides, no one is around.

Please?

Just do it for your hyung’s baby.

 

Jeonghan:

(Glared at her)

Are you sure it’s his baby?

Not your boyfriend’s?

(He said fearlessly)

       

Da Eun was surprised.

 

Da Eun:

What are you saying?!

(She panicked)

 

Jeonghan:

Nothing.

(He smiled though his eyes are emotionless.)

What do you want Madame?

 

Da Eun:

(Clenched her fist and slapped Jeonghan)

You have a nasty attitude kid.

 

Hansol:

(He screamed after he witnessed the abuse. The little man came to rescue and slapped Da Eun on her arms.)

Bad!

Don’t hurt HanHan!

Bad! Bad!

(He cried)

 

        Da Eun became agitated and pushed Hansol hard resulting for him to bump his head on the table.

 

Jeonghan:

Hansol-ah!

 

He immediately ran to Hansol. He thought his brother became unconscious because of the impact, and it scared him because his head might acquire a bad injury. He was so worried, but as soon as he heard Hansol cry, he was a little at ease; though, his cry made him heart broken.  While, Da Eun wore a nasty smirk as she was satisfied at the punishment she was giving to the poor boys.

 

Da Eun:

Serves you right, thief!

(She insulted him more)

 

Jeonghan:

(Embraced the crying Hansol and caressing the poor boy’s head)

You okay, baby?

(Then, he looked back at Da Eun and fired back.)

He’s just a kid!

Just hit me, !

 

        Da Eun was really offended by it and slapped Jeonghan hard on his face.

 

Da Eun:

Don’t you dare say that!

 

Jeonghan:

Why?

Guilty?

(He held Hansol on his arms tightly.)

I saw you with your boyfriend… I mean your other boyfriend inside a café somewhere.

Well, that’s quite far from here, enough to conceal an affair.

(He grinned as he felt like winning their mini game.)

 

Da Eun:

Shut it!

 

Jeonghan:

If you want me to shut up, shut your own foul mouth. I pitied hyung for sharing bed with you. You are dirty!

 

Da Eun:

You will see!

 

        Da Eun had enough. She got a book and hit Jeonghan hard as she could. On the other hand, Jeonghan didn’t dare to fight because he knew that she was pregnant. As usual, he curved his body and protect the both of them from the abusive monster.

 

One maid saw it. She was about to rescue their young master, when Da Eun suddenly stopped. Da Eun felt an intense pain in her lower abdomen, and she cried as soon as she saw blood came crawling down her legs.

 

Da Eun:

Oh my god!

This is all your fault!

 

        Jeonghan was surprised, but he did what he had to do. He called one of their maids and asked them to call the ambulance immediately. Jeonghan carried Da Eun to the ambulance, while Hansol was left with the maids.

 

        Jeonghan called Cheol but he won’t answer, so he called Sung Hoon hoping that he was in the office with his hyung. He asked Sung Hoon to tell Cheol that Da Eun was experiencing miscarriage, and they were about to go to the nearest hospital from their home. It was the same hospital where Cheol’s mother died from cancer.

 

        Sung Hoon rushed to their office and tell Cheol that Da Eun was being brought to the hospital, since he couldn’t contact him either. Upon hearing the terrible news, he drove to the said hospital as fast as he could. Sung Hoon followed.

 

        When they got there, Cheol came inside Da Eun’s room and fortunately, the baby was okay because Jeonghan responded quickly. Sung Hoon saw Jeonghan covered with blood sitting quietly at a corner, feeling guilty over his words. He thought he went too far this time. On the other hand, Sung Hoon comforted him while waiting for the result.

 

        Upon going out from Da Eun’s room, Seungcheol was obviously angry through his expression. Jeonghan felt scared at the moment, seeing him grumpily stomping his feet heavily as he walked towards them. He couldn’t look at him in his eyes. He was feeling nervous that his heart momentarily stopped when his hyung furiously shouted his name from a far.

 

Seungcheol:

Jeonghan!

 

        Jeonghan stood up immediately, but before he could say a word, Seungcheol slapped him hard on his cheeks. The two were surprised. Sung Hoon embraced Jeonghan and protected him from Seungcheol.

 

Sung Hoon:

Hey! What do you think you are doing?!

 

Seungcheol:

You almost killed my child and Da Eun!

 

Jeonghan:

(He cried as he felt the pressure and the guilt.)

I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to.

I just-

 

Sung Hoon:

Hey, cut it out!

Let’s hear Jeonghan first.

 

Seungcheol:

Enough with the lies!

Da Eun told me that Jeonghan pushed her after initiating the talk.

 

Jeonghan:

I didn’t.

(He cried more)

She pu-

 

Seungcheol:

How dare you, Jeonghan!

Of all the things that I’ve done to you!

This is how you repay me?!

(He scowled even more.)

 

Jeonghan:

Hyung, le-

 

Seungcheol:

Enough of those excuses!

I thought you are my brother but you are not!

You do not respect me and my family!

 

Sung Hoon:

(He burst in anger.)

Ya!

Listen to him!

How can you know what really happened?!

 

Seungcheol:

I’m done with this.

(With an angry voice)

 

Jeonghan:

Hyung… please listen.

Hyu-

 

Seungcheol:

Don’t call me hyung!

You are not my brother anymore!

 

        Sung Hoon couldn’t take it anymore, even if he knew that Cheol was not in the right mind at the moment, he didn’t hesitate and knock him hard on his jaw. While, Jeonghan paused for a while as he was trying to understand everything Seungcheol had said to him.

 

        Jeonghan became blank at that moment. He couldn’t feel the air around him as he experienced difficulty in breathing; he couldn’t feel his feet pressing the ground anymore as he had fallen into a black hole; and he couldn’t hear any sound besides the last words uttered by his older brother. It hurts. His heart was in pain, a terrible pain he never expected. He thought he’s going to die because the pain was extremely excruciating. His tears couldn’t stop pouring down from his reddish cheeks, while grasping his chest tight.

 

Jeonghan:

Okay… I-I get it.

Maybe I- I’ll just go.

(He murmured)

 

Sung Hoon:

(Looked back at Jeonghan with a pitiful eyes)

Jeonghan-ah.

 

Seungcheol:

Let him be!

 

        Jeonghan was experiencing too much pain. It would never go in an instant. The feeling was like someone was crashing his heart into tiny bits until nothing had left.

 

He felt betrayed.

He felt abandoned.

He felt nothing.

 

        The poor young man decided to go back home alone. He just ask his Sung Hoon hyung to take care of his hyung before he left because he thought that he did not want to see his face anymore. On the contrary, his grandpa, dad, and little brother SungJae rushed to see Cheol in the hospital upon receiving the news.

 

-Mansion-

 

Jeonghan came in with his blank expression. He was still shocked of everything that happened earlier. His eyes were swollen from the tears he shed, and his body felt weak from the words Seungcheol had said.

 

Jeonghan went straight to their room, he changed his clothes and packed their things immediately. He only get the possession he had when he first came to his hyung’s house and a little money that he was able to save from his part time job at their father’s company. He left the rest behind, including his hand phone and cards; though, he brought their family picture and clipped it inside his notebook. After packing, he held Hansol on his arms and left the mansion with no words; even the maids couldn’t stop him.

 

        The head maid gave Il Kook a call and told him that Jeonghan and Hansol left. Il Kook was confused on how to act. That day was indeed chaotic. Their father panicked as his eldest needed him the most at the moment, and all he could do was to order Sung Jae to search for Jeonghan instead.

 

        Sung Jae went home first riding a taxi to get his car. When he got home, the maids were talking about something.

 

Sung Jae:

What happened here?

 

Maid:

Sir, how is Madame Da Eun?

 

Sung Jae:

(He was in a hurry, but he found time answering their questions.)

She’s fine now and the baby too.

(He frowned as he clearly knows that the baby didn’t even have their blood)

What exactly happened?

I heard that Hanie hyung pushed Noona, but I know he can’t do that.

 

Maid 2: (who witnessed everything)

Sir… he didn’t pushed her.

Jeonghan was just studying when Madame insulted him and slapped him too.

Then, I didn’t not hear what Jeonghan whispered, but it made her angry.

Then she pushed Hansol hard that it hit his head badly because he’s trying to rescue his brother from Madame.

Da Eun ssi was hitting Jeonghan hard, but he never fight back.

Maybe it was her stress that lead her to miscarriage.

Poor Hanie~

He was crying when he got home. He packed all his things and moved out. We couldn’t stop him, sir. I am sorry.

 

SungJae:

That noona!

My poor Hanie hyung must have been hurt so much… and! And! Cheol hyung doesn’t listen! He never listens!

(He said angrily as Sung Hoon told him that he didn’t let Jeonghan explain himself.)

Tsk!

 

        Meanwhile, the rain started to pour hard, Jeonghan and Hansol found a shelter for them to rest. As soon as they rest, Jeonghan fed Hansol while crying with all his heart with so much pain. The two poor boys were soaked with water because they couldn’t bring their umbrella. The two waited at the shed, but the rain won’t stop pouring, instead it was getting stronger. They even doze a little at the corners of the shed when someone came to wait for the rain to stop too.

 

        That stranger was a police man, who just finished his duty. He observed the two sleeping poor boys –though, he mistook Jeonghan as a young mom based on his looks and the way he held Hansol close to him despite his short hair- with their luggage and thought that they ran away from home. He woke the older one and asked where their home was, so he could accompany them back.

 

KwangSoo:

(In his uniform)

Darling, it’s raining hard. Where is your house?

Did you ran away?

 

Jeonghan:

I have no home, sir.

These are all I have.

 

KwangSoo:

I don’t think you are an orphan, though. You look well-dressed kid.

 

Jeonghan:

I am saying the truth.

I don’t have family.

None that cares for us.

(He started crying again)

 

        The kind policeman thought that maybe he’s just going through some difficulties.

 

KwangSoo:

(Sat beside him)

My name is KwangSoo.

(The tall man reached his long hands to Jeonghan for a handshake.)

Don’t worry, I won’t hurt you.

You know kid, it’s dangerous for you to be alone in this area.

You can talk to me if you want.

 

        However Jeonghan just looked at him with full of suspicion and KwangSoo felt that he was feeling doubtful of him.

 

KwangSoo:

Hey kid. I am a nice guy.

(He laughed because he realized that he was boasting himself to someone.)

What am I saying? … Anyway…

Well, if you chose not to talk, it’s fine.

But I advise you to go home after the rain stops. Your parents must be worried.

Talk to them about your problem. Don’t run away.

 

Jeonghan:

I am not running away, sir. They disowned me.

 

        KwangSoo felt really bad for Jeonghan that time and thought that it was maybe a big problem.

 

KwangSoo:

Where will you go now?

 

Jeonghan:

Anywhere. I don’t know.

 

KwangSoo:

Don’t get me wrong, but do you want to stay at my house until you cool down.

You better have a good talk with your parents after that, alright?

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you. I will look for a part time. I will help you.

Sorry for everything.

(He accepted the offer because he had Hansol with him. They couldn’t just sleep elsewhere.)

 

KwangSoo:

Alright.

May I just remind you kid. If someone asked you like this again. Don’t go easily. Alright?

It’s dangerous, especially with your (angelic) face and fragile body.

 

Jeonghan:

(He exposed his angelic smiled)

Yes, sir.

Thank you.

You must be an angel.

 

KwangSoo:

(He laughed)

Ya, you are the first person to tell me that. Thanks

You still go to school?

 

Jeongan:

Yes, sir.

He also goes to school.

(Pointed at Hansol)

But I don’t know if we will go next week.

 

KwangSoo:

Alright. I’m a police officer… don’t worry.

(He winked)

Your name?

 

Jeonghan:

Jeonghan. And this is my little brother, Hansol.

 

KwangSoo:

Oh! Really?

I thought the boy is your child.

Sorry.

 

Jeonghan:

Many says that.

(He smiled)

But he’s all I have now.

 

KwangSoo:

Then what is the root of your problem, Jeonghan.

I thought you ran away coz when you came back home, you already gave birth to a son.

 

Jeonghan:

I’m a guy, sir.

Tsk!

(Then he giggled)

It’s a long story.

Don’t worry. I’m used to it.

 

KwangSoo:

Really? I didn’t notice.

(He giggled)

Sorry. You really look like a lady.

Aigoo~

Anyway, call me hyung.

So…

Let’s eat outside. I’m not a good cook.

 

Jeonghan:

Then, you live alone?

 

KwangSoo:

Yeah. My parents lives in Busan.

 

Jeonghan:

I see.

Hyung… I’ll help you.

I’m really sorry for the trouble I caused you.

 

KwangSoo:

That’s not a problem, Jeonghan.

You are always welcome.

Just feel free to talk to me. Even if we just met…. Okay?

I will listen.

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you, hyung.

Thank you.

 

        So the two found friends went home after the rain stopped. Too bad for SungJae, not being able to see them immediately as they already rode a bus before he got there. In an instant, Jeonghan disappeared and they never see him again.