Chapter 16

A Mate's Promise

Hoshi and Vernon came over early the next morning ready to take the others to the airport. "Someone knows how to speak Korean right?" Asked Hoshi. Joshua and Hyungwon raise their hands. "I still speak it, though it's a bit rusty," said Joshua. Hyungwon shrugs. "I spoke it a lot with Shownu, even before he died," he said. "Okay good," said Vernon. "My Korean is choppy at best, but once we meet up with Seungkwan we should be good," he said. "I did get a confirmation that he was there so," he said.

"Your flight is going in a few hours," said Minhyun as he handed Joshua a piece of paper. "You have your passports right?" He asked. "Always do," said Joshua and Daehyun. Minhyuk nodded. "Yep," he said. "Yeah, same here," said Hyungwon and Jinyoung. "Okay, we're good to go," said Minhyun. "Pack up, we'll get you to the airport and you can go lounge in the business class lounge before your flight," said Hoshi. Joshua, Minhyuk, Hyungwon, Jinyoung, and Daehyun went to get packed up. Yoongi went to pack up the truck. "I'll turn in our missions and the money will be added when they're processed!" He called to Daehyun. "Alright!" Daehyun called back.

Daehyun went out to meet Yoongi before he left. "Have a safe drive," he said, hugging Yoongi. Yoongi froze in surprise before hugging him back. "I will, stay safe alright?" He asked. Daehyun nodded, moving away. "They are going to think we became official now," he said with a laugh. Yoongi sighed, shaking his head. "Just face it, one of these days we will end up together," Daehyun said with a chuckle. "One of these days," said Yoongi. "If you make it back alive, I want to give it a shot," he said. Daehyun tilted his head to the side. "Are you sure?" He asked. Yoongi nodded. "Alright," said Daehyun. "I'm willing to give this a shot," he said.

"Daehyun! We gotta go!" Called Minhyuk. "Coming," said Daehyun before he headed over to Hoshi's truck where the others were waiting. "Hopefully you guys can ride in the trunk without it starting to pour," said Hoshi. "After we drop you off I'm heading home with Woozi," he said. "Good luck Vernon," he said. Vernon nodded. "Thanks," he said. "We packed everything in the back seat so you guys can sit in the trunk," said Hoshi. "Alright," said Daehyun. Everyone got into the trunk and got comfortable. Hoshi and Woozi got in the truck. "Good luck guys," said Minhyun as he waved. Yoongi pulled up next to Hoshi's truck in Shownu's truck. "Good luck, stay alive you guys," he said. "Yeah, you too, have a safe trip back," said Daehyun. Hoshi waved to Yoongi before Yoongi drove off, heading home. Hoshi started the truck and drove off, heading to Seattle to head to the airport.

Hoshi pulled up to the airport, and Daehyun and the others hopped down from the truck, Joshua going to pat the truck. Hoshi beeped the horn and Woozi waved before Hoshi drove off, heading home.

Joshua and the others went into the airport to get their tickets checked in. They went through customs and went to go sit at the business class lounge. Joshua sat in a corner with Hyungwon wanting to talk to him alone. The others went to different corners of the lounge and just waited until it was time for them to board the plane.

"I can't believe we're doing this," Joshua said to Hyungwon in Korean. Hyungwon shrugs. "This is our chance to finally rid ourselves of the clan that has caused us so much pain," he said in Korean. "I guess," mumbled Joshua. "I wonder if my father still hates me for being a shape shifter turned werewolf," he said as he tilted his head to the side. "Probably," said Hyungwon.

"You turned me because I told you you were my mate, do you still believe that?" Asked Joshua. "I do," said Hyungwon. "But now we both have Minhyuk," he said. "You need to keep an eye on him," he said. "He was more broken than I was when Shownu died, he'll lose it if I die," he said. "I will too, but I don't know if I can stay strong," mumbled Joshua. "You can," said Hyungwon as he put a hand on Joshua's shoulder. "I know you can, you survived this long without me," he said.

"Come on guys, it's time to go catch our flight," said Daehyun as he walked over to Joshua and Hyungwon with the others behind them. "Alright," said Joshua and Hyungwon as they got up and headed out to their designated gate with the others following behind them.