Chapter 14

A Mate's Promise

After a couple hours of hanging out inside Joshua heard a car pull up, so he went to see who it was. "Oh, hey Vernon, Hoshi, Woozi," he said. "Hey hyung," said Hoshi. "Sorry for scaring the pack here," he said, scratching the back of his head in embarrassment. "It's alright, they had to call Ravi to be sure that you were credible," said Joshua.

Minhyuk and Hyungwon come outside, nodding to Hoshi and the others. "I'm going to make a wild guess and say they passed?" Asked Vernon as he tilted his head to the side. "Yeah," said Joshua. "How was Japan?" He asked. "Great," said Hoshi. "Got a few missions done and enjoyed some Japanese cuisine," he said. "How's the pack going?" He asked. "Fine," said Joshua. "I got dragged along because of finding my mate," he said. "Ah," said Hoshi.

"Hyungwon, what is your family name?" Asked Vernon. "Why do you ask?" Asked Hyungwon. "We ran into iKon in Japan, they said they got a job from some big werewolf hunter clan," said Woozi. "Said that these werewolf hunters know Hyungwon," he said. "Did you get the clan name?" Asked Hyungwon. "I think it was Chae," said Hoshi. Joshua tilted his head to the side as he turned to Hyungwon, who had tensed. "That is my family alright," Hyungwon grumbled as he sighed. "Must be getting desperate now," he said. Joshua hummed in response. "We'll do what we can to get them off your back," said Hoshi. "That's what Jeonghan said," said Hyungwon. "You are our oldest hyung's mate's mate," said Hoshi. "We care about you," he said. "We've had many wolves pass through our pack, and Joshua's stayed around the longest," he said. Joshua scratched the back of his head.

"Guys we have a problem," said Minhyun as he came outside. "What's up?" Asked Joshua as he turned to Minhyun. "Baekho and Ren were on a run and they ran into some werewolf hunters," said Minhyun. "I don't know why they are here, we've done nothing wrong," he said. "Who is it?" Asked Hyungwon. "I don't know, I'd know iKon anywhere, these guys are different," said Minhyun. "Where are they?" Asked Joshua. "Coming into the backyard now," said Minhyun. Everyone went into the backyard, where Baekho and Ren just appeared, with two people behind them with guns at their backs.

"Woah woah," said Hoshi as he stepped forward. "We aren't here to cause trouble, we're just looking for someone," said one hunter. "You're messing with a pack that has vampire hunters in it," said Minhyun. "Are you sure you want a death wish right now?" He asked. "We won't kill them," said the hunter. "We don't have a death wish," said the hunter as he nodded to his companion and they holstered their guns. Baekho and Ren run over to Minhyun.

"Who are you looking for?" Asked Joshua. "Someone named Hyungwon and a shape shifter who goes by the name Jisoo," said the hunter. Both Hyungwon and Joshua tilt their heads to the side. "What is your business with those two?" Asked Hoshi. "And even if you were to need them, they're both hunters," he said. "You won't be able to take them without a death wish," he said. "They're both vampire hunters," he said. "Are they here or not?" Asked the hunter. "No," said Minhyun. "They've never passed through here," he said. "Fine," said the hunter before he left with his companion.

Everyone turned to Hyungwon and Joshua. "You both have some explaining to do," said Daehyun. "I knew something was off about you!" Yoongi said with a growl as he went over and shoved Joshua against the wall. "Hey hey, back off," said Vernon as he went over and pushed Yoongi away from Joshua. "I haven't used my human name in a very long time," mumbled Joshua. "I just saved the both of you's lives, be grateful," said Minhyun as he looked between Joshua and Hyungwon. "We are, trust me," said Hyungwon as he rubbed the back of his neck. Minhyun turned to Baekho and Ren. "You two okay?" He asked. "Fine," mumbled Baekho. "They knew who we were, they just wanted those two," he said, nodding to Joshua and Hyungwon.

"Why don't we take this inside and we can have those two explain everything," said Hoshi as he tried not to let Vernon and Yoongi get into a fight. "Hansol, back off," he said. "No one pushes Joshua against the wall like that," said Vernon as he growled. Yoongi glared at Vernon. "Your pack member is getting targeted by werewolf hunters," spat Yoongi. "I think that's a huge cause for concern," he said. "So is yours," spat Vernon. "Alright you two," said Daehyun as he got between Vernon and Yoongi. "Back off," he said, flaring his alpha aura. Yoongi backed off with a step back, still wary of the situation. "You heard him Hansol," said Hoshi. "Can you not use my human name? Thanks," grumbled Vernon as he too, backed off.

It started to drizzle so Minhyun, Baekho and Ren headed inside. Hoshi turned to Joshua. "Why haven't you told them anything yet?" He asked. "I will," said Joshua. "I haven't had the chance to yet, but I'm surprised Hyungwon hasn't recognized me," he said, turning to Hyungwon, who raised an eyebrow. "I have," said Hyungwon. "Just never said anything," he said. "I guess we better head inside and explain everything," said Joshua. Hyungwon nodded and headed inside with Joshua. The others followed after them.