Chapter 13

A Mate's Promise

Joshua looked up at the cloudy sky, happy that it wasn't raining yet. "Okay," he said as he stopped by a river. "What's up?" Asked Minhyuk. "I want to talk to you about me," said Joshua. "I"m not like other werewolves," he said. "I mean I'm like any other werewolf but I have another form," he said. Minhyuk tilted his head to the side. "What do you mean?" He asked.

Joshua looked down, trying to think of a way to explain to Minhyuk what he was. "I-I'm a shape shifter," he said, deciding to be blunt about it. Minhyuk blinked. "What?" He asked. "I'm a shape shifter turned werewolf," said Joshua as he continued to look down. Minhyuk walked over and lifted up his head by the chin with a couple of fingers. "It's alright," he said, smiling softly. "You think I'd leave you for something like that?" He asked. "I have two different forms," mumbled Joshua. "I don't care about that," said Minhyuk. "I'm half human, we're both different," he said.

"If that was all then you nearly gave me a heart attack," he said with a laugh. "I thought you brought me out here to reject me," he said. Joshua shook his head. "I thought you'd reject me because I was different," he said. "We're good, I guess," Minhyuk said, scratching the back of his head.

"Can I see your animal form?" He asked as they sat by the river. Joshua turned to Minhyuk. "You won't freak out?" Asked Joshua. Minhyuk shook his head. "I've probably seen worse," he said with a chuckle. "I'm seeing your wolf then," said Joshua. "Fine," said Minhyuk as he smiled slightly.

Joshua took a deep breath and felt the familiar tremble start. He closed his eyes and let the change take over, hearing Minhyuk gasp. He looked up at the now, to him, tall Minhyuk. Minhyuk crouched down and reached a tentative hand out to pet him. Joshua moved closer and bumped his hand, purring. "You can shift with your clothes?" Minhyuk asked as he tilted his head to the side. Joshua nodded. "Well that's cool," said Minhyuk. "That saves you a good bit of trouble at least, I have to strip down or make sure I have a bag of clothes," he said. Joshua moved away and changed back to human form, scratching the back of his head.

"My turn," said Minhyuk as he started stripping down. Joshua turned away to give Minhyuk some privacy. Minhyuk stretched and changed, landing on all fours in his golden brown wolf form. He walked up to Joshua and bumped him with his snout. Joshua turned to Minhyuk and smiled, reaching out his hand to tentatively put a hand on Minhyuk's head. Minhyuk bumped Joshua's hand with his snout, his tail wagging. Joshua laughs, scratching Minhyuk behind the ears.

"Hey you two, you were gone for a good bit," called Daehyun as he walked over. Joshua turned around and smiled slightly. "Well it went better than expected," he said. "That's good," said Daehyun. Minhyuk huffs, going to grab his clothes before going behind a tree to change back and put on his clothes. He came back scowling at Daehyun. "Ruin the moment why don't you," he grumbled. Daehyun laughs, shaking his head. "It's alright," he said. "We need you to go to the pack house, your evaluation is ready," he said. Minhyuk nodded. He headed back to the house with Joshua and Daehyun following behind him.

They reached the pack house, where Yoongi and Hyungwon were waiting on them outside. "Well, from both Joshua's experience watching your hunts and Daehyun's experience of watching your hunts I think you're fit for hunting," said Yoongi. "I've watched you both closely," said Joshua as he tilted his head some. "You are good hunters, though you need some more practice," he said. Hyungwon scratched the back of his head. "I haven't done any hunting in a while," he mumbled. "I'm a little rusty, but I guess this will do," he said, shrugging. "You said I was the best hunter between the both of us," Minhyuk said to Daehyun. "And I guess you were right," he said with a chuckle.

"Also," called Minhyun as he came outside. "A couple of your pack mates came by, they just finished their missions," he said. "Who?" Asked Joshua. "Someone named Vernon," said Minhyun. "He was here with someone named Hoshi and Woozi," he said. "Oh, yeah they're my pack members," said Joshua. "Only Hoshi works for Kris though, the other two are on two other teams that are vampire hunters," he said. "Where are they now?" He asked. "They went into town," said Minhyun. "They're staying at Ravi's place," he said. "I had to call Ravi to make sure it was okay for them to do so," he said.

"I'll message Vernon to make sure he's actually there," said Joshua as he did so. When he got a reply he looked at the phone. "Okay, he said that he was here," he said. "If you don't mind that they come for a visit," he said. "Nah let them come," said Minhyun. "They're your pack members, and I remember Hoshi," he said. "Just, remember to tell them to let us know ahead of time that they're coming," he said with a chuckle. "Scared the hell out of everyone," he said. Joshua laughs. "Sure," he said.