Chapter 15

A Mate's Promise

"So, what's the situation with you two?" Asked JR as Joshua and Hyungwon exchange glances. "I guess I'll go first then," said Hyungwon as he put his hands in his pockets. "I'll talk about my stuff afterwards then," said Joshua. Hyungwon nodded and took a deep breath.

"Most of the hunters I've run into, be it vampire or werewolf hunter, know of my clan," started Hyungwon. "They date back to probably thousands of years ago," he said. "I don't pay much attention to how my clan got formed but," he said, shrugging. "Anyway," he said, rubbing the back of his neck. "They have a lot of influence in the werewolf hunting world, many other clans actually have ties with mine, having descended from them," he said.

"If I hadn't found Shownu, I would've probably ended up as a werewolf hunter," he said. "Or quit like I planned to," he said. "My parents didn't like the fact that my mate was a male," he said. "Keep in mind that back then it wasn't the norm to find your mate that is the same gender as you," he said. "Ever since I left my parents have been trying to find me, and then it got to the point where they killed Shownu just to get me to come back," he said. "Well, you know how that went," he said. Daehyun, JR and Yoongi nod.

"My turn I guess," said Joshua as he rubbed the back of his neck. "I grew up near what is now Busan in South Korea," he said. "I met the Chae's when I was in my teens," he said. "Well, more like ran into Hyungwon while we were both hunting," he said. "Not for werewolves, we were both hunting for our family's dinner that day," he said. "My father's pack got to meet Hyungwon's because we both brought out kills back in our respective animal forms," he said. "I'm a shape shifter, my animal form is a large Lynx," he said. "That's why you've been so suspicious of me Yoongi," he said to Yoongi. Yoongi looked sheepish as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Didn't mean to do that," he said. "It's alright," said Joshua as he chuckled some.

"Anyway," said Joshua as he looked at Hyungwon, hesitant to continue. Hyungwon nodded to go ahead. "My pack and Hyungwon's pack decided on a merge and we both were grouped together," said Joshua. "We had no real desire to hunt werewolves, so they figured grouping us together would get us in the right directions as they called it," he said. "It'd be another few years before Shownu showed up as human travelers moved into our territory," he said. "Nothing really happened to us until Hyungwon made the decision to leave, he decided to turn me," he said. "With my consent of course," he added. "We had both been planning on leaving but his parents put up a much bigger fight," he said. "I turned both Joshua and Shownu and I left with Shownu, Joshua would distract my parents," said Hyungwon.

"I did everything to distract them, and then left myself, heading west," said Joshua. "We haven't seen each other until recently, when we met in Boston," he said.

"So what does this have to do with Hyungwon's family?" Asked JR. "Well, they've been after me for centuries," said Hyungwon. "I think this is the closest they've gotten since they sent iKon after Shownu," he said. "I still have my pocket watch, they must either be after that or they really want me to return home," he said. "If they were after your pocket watch then they'd send someone like iKon after you, despite the new laws," said Yoongi. "I'm not going to die by their hands," said Hyungwon. "Looks like you get to kill me after all," he said, turning to Minhyuk. Minhyuk shook his head. "I made a promise Hyungwon, and I'm keeping it," he said, turning to Hyungwon. "Not all promises can be kept Minhyuk, you know that," said Hyungwon as he walked away, heading outside.

"No one is killing anyone now," said Hoshi as he sighed. "We save the killing for missions," he said. He turned to Joshua. "I remember Sungcheol talking to us about you when we first joined," he said. "All you wanted was acceptance, you have it with our pack," he said. "Thank you," said Joshua. "You have my acceptance too," said Minhyuk as he turned to Joshua. "It's not because we're mates," he said. "Learning about your past has helped me learn to accept you even more, despite you being a shape shifter turned werewolf," he said. Joshua nodded. "Thanks, Minhyuk," he said.

"So, when do we want to tackle the biggest werewolf hunting clan in the world?" Asked JR as he turned to Joshua. "That, is up for Hyungwon to disclose," said Joshua. "Because this is his family," he said. "I may have ties to his family but I'm not even sure if mine is still there in Busan," he said. "And if we were to do so we'd need more than just us," he said. "I know taking down a large werewolf hunting clan like the Chae's is going to be a bit of a problem, we'll meet resistance," he said.

"We need someone with access to the inside," said Hyungwon as he came back inside. "I think I can pull some strings, but it isn't too certain what will happen once we do get inside," he said. "They can't attack us, we're vampire hunters, but they will be extra wary," he said. "And we need to make a large purchase of plane tickets if we're going to all go to South Korea," he said. "Only take those that want to go," said Joshua. "This cuts down on rising suspicions," he said. "It's settled then," said Hoshi. "Only those who feel the need to go can go, the rest of us have to sit and wait," he said.

"I think Seungkwan is still in South Korea," said Vernon. "If anything you can meet up with him there," he said. "But, if Josh is going I'm going," he said firmly. "I am too," said Minhyuk. "I'm going for Hyungown and Joshua," he said. "I'm going," said Daehyun. "Yoongi we need you to head home and let Yongguk know of our plans, he may have some contacts we can get in touch with," he said. Yoongi nodded. "Anyone else?" Asked Hyungwon. "I'm going," said Jinyoung. "I owe you a lot of things Joshua, and this is my chance on repaying you," he said.

"Alright, so everyone that is going get some sleep, I'll arrange business class tickets for all of you," said Minhyun. "Are you sure?" Asked Joshua. "We could book them ourselves," he said. "Don't worry about it, you can always pay me back later," said Minhyun. "Rest up, you'll have your plane tickets by tomorrow," he said. Joshua nodded. "We'll be at Ravi's house, we'll be here first thing tomorrow morning," said Hoshi. "We'll drop you off at the airport, have safe travels going home Yoongi," he said. Yoongi nodded. "Will do," he said. Everyone ran off to do their own things.

Minhyuk decided to sleep with Joshua that night, since Hyungwon wanted to be alone to think up some plans before going to sleep. "Ever so clingy," said Joshua as he chuckled some. Minhyuk grumbled as he buried his face into Joshua's back. "I'm just worried for Hyungwon," he mumbled. "He hasn't faced his family like this in years," he said. Joshua sighed. "Neither have I, but let's just hope that everyone comes back alive, and Hyungwon doesn't have to die," he mumbled. Minhyuk hummed in response before drifting off to sleep.