Epilogue

A Mate's Promise

It had been a few months since Hyungwon was killed by Joshua, and things had finally calmed down for everyone. As much as Joshua had to worry about being kicked out of his pack, Sungcheol said he was welcome to stay as long as he wanted. "As much as you're a regular shape shifter now, I can't bring myself to kick you out," said Sungcheol. "You've stayed with us for so long that you have every right to stay," he said. "It is up to you if you want to leave, but you will always have a home here," he said. "Thanks Sungcheol," said Joshua.

Ryeowook had moved to America to be closer to Joshua, with Siwon joining him a few weeks after he moved. "You are learning English here," said Ryeowook. Siwon sighed. "I know, the things I do for you," he said with a chuckle. Sungcheol let them into the pack because family was everything to Joshua, and Sungcheol let them in.

"I can't believe Jaejoong got let off the hook for doing what he did," grumbled Minhyuk. "He didn't kill me," said Joshua who shrugs. "But all the big name folks are keeping an eye on him now," he said. "We can't do much more than wait," he said. "Seungkwan has more of a reason to stay in South Korea now," he said with a chuckle. "I guess," Minhyuk said with a laugh.

Things were different now, for Joshua and Minhyuk. Minhyuk had left Daehyun's pack though he promised to come for a visit when Youngjae had protested. He joined Sungcheol's pack and was placed with Jun and his team because he wasn't one for vampire hunting though he joined Joshua when he went out on his hunts. He got along fine with the two youngest, much to everyone's amusement and it kept the two youngest out of trouble. "In the words of Daehyun, he has that air around him, it's normal," Joshua had explained to the others.

A few months later it was December 4th again, and Minhyuk asked if anyone was going to the harbor today. Joshua said he was going, though no one else really got what Minhyuk was talking about. "I'm going," said Sungcheol. "I know what day it is today, Jin used to come visit a lot," he said with a chuckle. "I'm going too," said Minghao and DK. "Great, the more people the better," said Minhyuk as he chuckled some. "We'll take my truck," said Sungcheol. "Go pack up some lunches," he said to Minghao and DK. Minghao and DK nod before running off to the kitchen.

Joshua came over and hugged Minhyuk. "We're still staying strong," he said, smiling some. "We are aren't we?" Minhyuk asked with a chuckle. "You were gone for a long time though," he said, sighing. "I'm taking the jeep down to the harbor," said Joshua. "Just in case I get called out to a mission," he said. "Alright," said Sungcheol. "When was the last time you changed?" He asked. "Yesterday," said Joshua. "I don't plan to start aging any time soon," he said. "I've been alive for this long, I might as well stay alive for a little longer," he said.

When DK and Minghao got lunch packed Sungcheol asked if anyone else would go, and Mingyu and Wonwoo decided to go. Sungcheol left in the truck with his betas and Minghao and DK. Joshua and Minhyuk followed after him in the Jeep, heading to the harbor.

They pulled up to their usual spot, parking and getting out. They went to sit at the benches, Minghao and DK handing everyone sandwiches and a drink. "I think next year we should head to New York City," said Minhyuk. "Daehyun invited us over this year but no one wanted to go," he said. "Could've told us," said Sungcheol. "I would've loved to go to New York City, we owe Yongguk a visit since you joined us," he said. "Would've been great to have our two youngest see their two youngest again," he said with a chuckle. "My god," said Joshua who sighed. "I'm surprised Zelo could handle those three together," he said. "Hey now!" Said DK. "We aren't that bad!" He said. "That, is debatable," Joshua said with a chuckle.

They enjoyed their lunch, looking out over the water and just enjoying the calm afternoon. "It's not too cold today," remarked Minhyuk. "Mm," said Joshua. "When were your last missions anyway?" Asked Sungcheol. "A couple months ago," said Minhyuk. "I'm due for them again soon I bet," he said. "Same here," said Joshua as he leaned back on the bench. "How's Seungkwan and Vernon doing?" He asked. "Fine, I can't believe that those two ended up together though," said Minghao. "They're turned werewolves, they're really using it to bide their time before their pure blood mates show up," said Joshua. 

Joshua and Minhyuk look at their phones when they both get texts. "How convenient," Minhyuk said with a laugh. "We both got our missions," said Joshua as he stood, stretching. "A toast to Jin before we go," he said, holding up his drink. "Happy birthday Jin-hyung," said Minghao and DK as they toasted with Joshua. "Happy birthday," said Sungcheol, Minhyuk, Wonwoo and Mingyu as they toasted. "Alright, stay out of trouble you two," Minhyuk said to Minghao and DK. "Fine," whined DK. Minghao scratched the back of his head. Joshua chuckled and left in the jeep with Minhyuk, going to pack.

"You want to drive first or shall I?" Asked Joshua as he brought down their bags to the Jeep while Minhyuk was packing them into the trunk. "I dunno, do you feel like driving?" Asked Minhyuk. "If not then you can be in animal form while I drive towards our first mission," he said. Joshua smiled some. "It's alright, I can drive if you're not up for it," he said. "No, I can drive," said Minhyuk as he scratched the back of his head. "Alright," said Joshua as he threw Minhyuk the keys before he checked to make sure they had everything. Minhyuk shut the trunk after Joshua confirmed they had everything and they both got into the Jeep.

Minhyuk started the jeep as Joshua changed to his animal form in the passenger seat, deciding to sit and look out the window for the time being. Minhyuk chuckled some. "Some things never change," he said before he drove off, going towards the first mission.