Chapter 6

A Mate's Promise

The day came when Sungcheol would come for a visit, as Daehyun got the text from Joshua. They were just waiting on Jun to return from his mission before they came over. Daehyun and Yoongi busied with making lunch for them and everyone else while Minhyuk and Hyungwon cleaned up the safe house some. "All three team leaders are coming, with their betas at that, so we need to clean up," Daehyun said to Minhyuk before Minhyuk went to clean up the house as best he could with Hyungwon.

The doorbell rang while Minhyuk was vacuuming so Hyungwon went to answer. Sungcheol, Jeonghan and Jun stood at the door with their betas Mingyu and Wonwoo, Joshua and DK, and Chan and Minghao. "Oh hi, come on in," said Hyungwon. "Just doing some last minute cleaning," he said before opening the door wider to let them in before closing the door behind them. He headed back to help Minhyuk do the rest of the cleaning as Daehyun headed into the living room to greet their guests. "Hey Sungcheol," said Daehyun as he nodded. "Daehyun," said Sungcheol as he smiled some. "Lunch should be ready in a bit, so relax," he said before heading back into the kitchen. Minhyuk and Hyungwon got done cleaning and headed into the kitchen to see if they could help with any last minute things.

"Lunch is ready!" Daehyun called into the living room so Sungcheol got up and went into the kitchen with the others following behind him to get lunch and sit around the kitchen island to eat. Joshua introduced everyone as they ate, with Minghao and DK chatting with Minhyuk and Hyungwon.

"Seems the two youngest have took to Minhyuk," remarked Chan as he observed what was going on. Daehyun chuckled. "Minhyuk has that air around him, he's a friendly guy," he said. "So how are missions coming along?" He asked. "Mm," said Sungcheol as he shrugs. "Okay I guess, Taeyong and his team got lucky to get sent to Europe, if it was a big event then all the big name vampire hunters would've gone," he said. "Not saying that he isn't," he said. "His team outmatches ours by 10 fold it seems," he said. Jeonghan hummed in response. "Doyoung and Hobi are making their way up the ranks as a separate team though, that's pretty decent," he said. "You two's teamwork though," said Jun as he turned to Daehyun and Yoongi. "You guys are what makes the rookies want to strive to be," he said. "Good job on the teamwork," he said. Daehyun scratched the back of his head in embarrassment.

"That's a lot of praise," said Yoongi. "We wouldn't be praising your work if we didn't do our research," said Sungcheol as he leaned forward on one elbow while he ate. "It's hard to come by when you managed to lead a large pack like ours," he said. "Mm," said Yoongi.

"So, who all is in each of your groups?" Asked Hyungwon. "Well, my group has Mingyu, Wonwoo, Vernon and I," said Sungcheol. "My group has Joshua, Woozi, DK, Seungkwan and I," said Jeonghan. "And my group has Chan, Hoshi, Minghao, and I," said Jun. "You know our betas already," he said. Yoongi nodded. "The others are out doing missions right now, the perks of having a large pack," said Sungcheol as he chuckled some. "Though there's been some falling out, we've stuck together," he said. "Who's the oldest?" Asked Yoongi. Everyone points to Joshua, who shrugs. "I'm not that old," said Joshua.

"Well, it was nice to finally meet our oldest hyung's mate," said Jun as they finished eating lunch. "Out of the three team leaders I'm the youngest, but I'm glad ya'll decided to wait until I got back," he said with a chuckle. "My pleasure," said Daehyun as he laughs. "It was nice to see everyone again," he said. "Tell Yongguk we said hello, we need him to come for a visit again," said Sungcheol as he talked with Daehyun. Minhyuk, Minghao and DK were cleaning up lunch while Hyungwon went outside to gather his thoughts. "And Minhyuk is brave for keeping Hyungwon around after everything, if his family comes after him call for us, we'll do everything possible to get them off your backs," said Jeonghan. Daehyun nodded. "We've managed to drive them away for now but who knows how long it'll take before they come back," he said.

Joshua was with Mingyu and Wonwoo discussing their own things outside. "When are you gonna tell them about your human past?" Asked Mingyu. "Probably not for a while," said Joshua as he looked up at the sky. "Now isn't the time, maybe after they get their missions," he said. Wonwoo sighed. "They'll need to know eventually, how long has it been since you last changed?" He asked. "Hello, I spent all last night in animal form," said Joshua as he turned to Wonwoo. "You're a shapeshifter turned werewolf, they deserve to know about it," said Mingyu. "You're right, but now isn't the time," said Joshua. "Not when Yoongi's still there judging the hell out of me," he grumbled as he shook his head. "I still find it amazing how you kept your other form along with your wolf," said Mingyu. "Well, my first form and I are one, my wolf is separate, I'm not a pure blood like you are Mingyu," he said. "Mm," said Mingyu.

They turned when the door opened and Sungcheol came out with Jeonghan, Jun, Chan, DK and Minghao. Daehyun was behind them as he stood on the landing. "It was nice to see ya'll again, I'll text you when we get our missions so Joshua can tag along," he said. "Sure," said Sungcheol. "Have fun on your vacation," he said before they left.

Daehyun saw Hyungwon leaning against the building looking deep in thought as he watched the others leave. "Something wrong Hyungwon?" He asked. "I just learned something interesting, but I think that is up to Joshua to explain," said Hyungwon as he turned to Daehyun. Daehyun tilted his head to the side before nodding. "I guess," he said. "There's still a lot about us in general he doesn't know," he said. Hyungwon nodded and headed inside with Daehyun.

_____

A/N: What's this? Joshua's a shape shifter? *gasp* Yes he is! We'll learn more about it as the story progresses. Also the rest of the members of 17 will get their own appearances eventually.