Chapter 10

A Mate's Promise

Daehyun took Hyungwon and Minhyuk to get their last kills. "I don't know what Joshua told you to do, but it was successful so go with it," he said. "He said for us to take the tactical approach," said Minhyuk. "We just have to keep an eye on me," said Hyungwon. Daehyun nodded. "This is a new experience for me too, I've never had to teach anyone before," he said. "Are you going to get paid for helping us?" Asked Minhyuk. Daehyun shook his head. "It's per kill, if you did the kills then you get paid," he said.

They reached where they had to go kill their next vampires. Daehyun looked around the area, before turning to the house the next vampires are hiding. "Go in there, take the tactical approach, and don't change Hyungwon," he said as he turned to Minhyuk and Hyungwon. Hyungwon nodded. "Alright," said Minhyuk. "I'll go around back," said Daehyun before going to do just that. Minhyuk and Hyungwon headed into the house to go after the vampires.

Daehyun drew a hidden pistol from his belt and got ready to attack if the vampires escaped. He listened for any sign of anything going wrong. When he heard Minhyuk calling for him Daehyun rushed inside with his gun loaded and ready to fire. "We got it," said Minhyuk as he threw the pocket watches at Daehyun, who caught them. "My family's crests again," Hyungwon said with a sigh. "This has to be a set up," said Daehyun as he looked at the pocket watches to be sure. He put his gun back in the holster and opened up the bag and threw the pocket watches in before closing the bag. "Let's get out of here," he said before he left with Minhyuk and Hyungwon.

Joshua was nowhere to be seen when they got home, though Daehyun suspected he was either locked in his room in animal form or in the backyard hidden somewhere. Yoongi came out to meet them, nodding to Minhyuk and Hyungwon before turning to Daehyun. "How was your first time teaching them?" He asked. "Fine, where's Josh?" Asked Daehyun. "Around here somewhere, he kind of disappeared on me," said Yoongi. "There's a lynx in the backyard, dunno where they came from but," he said, shrugging. Daehyun chuckled some. "It's alright," he said. "Just leave him be, I'll bring out some water for him or something," he said. "Alright," said Yoongi before he headed inside. Hyungwon shook his head. "Go on ahead Minhyuk, help Yoongi with dinner," he said. "Okay," said Minhyuk before he ran inside.

"So the cat's out of the bag it seems," said Daehyun as he walked with Hyungwon around to the backyard. "Mm," said Hyungwon. They spotted Joshua who was crouched on the back porch in his animal form and watching them. "I never took you for being a cat," said Hyungwon as he walked over and tentatively put his hand over Joshua's head. When Joshua didn't do anything Hyungwon pet him, causing Joshua to start purring. "I'll see you around when you can join us in human form again, I'm going to help them with dinner before Minhyuk burns down the house," said Daehyun before he went inside. Hyungwon stayed outside with Joshua as he looked up at the sky.

"I don't know if you want my blessing, but you have it," said Hyungwon as he turned to Joshua who regarded him with a blank stare. "I don't know how this will turn out, but someone is dying," he said. "That's usually what happens in my family," he said. Joshua stood, stretching and walking over to the porch steps and hopped off, running off to go change. He came back in human form, with his head tilted to the side. "Are you sure you want this?" He asked. Hyungwon nodded. "If they want their precious son back so badly they can have my dead body," he said. "I'm not going to be the one to kill you," said Joshua. "I know, Minhyuk already made that promise," said Hyungwon.

"Dinner's ready," said Daehyun as he stepped outside. "Oh, hi Joshua," he said. Joshua managed a smile. "Hey," he said. "Thanks for not spilling about where I actually was," he said. Daehyun smiled some. "No problem, we're headed to Washington state tomorrow," he said. Joshua nodded and headed inside with Hyungwon. Daehyun followed after them.

"Where'd you go Josh? You kinda just disappeared on me," said Yoongi. "I went to the store," said Joshua who shrugs. "I just wanted to get a snack and kinda got side tracked," he said. "Ah," said Yoongi. Dinner was served and everyone went into the living room to eat.

Hyungwon and Joshua were sitting on the back porch after dinner. Joshua was in his animal form again, just sitting with Hyungwon in comfortable silence. "What ever happens," mumbled Hyungwon. "Take care of him okay?" He asked. Joshua put a paw on Hyungwon's knee saying he understood. "I'll see you tomorrow," said Hyungwon before he got up and headed inside.

Joshua was left to wander around outside a bit until he could return to human form or Daehyun would come and let him inside so he could sleep. Daehyun came outside and looked at Joshua who was standing by the back door. "Come on in," he said. Joshua walked inside and headed to his room. Daehyun followed after him and opened the door for him and closed it once Joshua was inside. He then headed into his room to sleep.