Temptation of the Devil - Chapter 9

Temptation of the Devil

After driving for awhile, the car finally stopped by the side of the road.  Woohyun stepped out and watched as the car drove off.  He turned and started walking back.

"Hey Woohyun!" he heard someone call his name.

He looked ahead and saw the gang he used to hang out with.

"Some men were looking for you," said the leader.  "There's a big reward on offer.  Why did you never tell us?"

"Tell you what?" asked Woohyun.

"Who you really are," said the leader as he produced a gun and pointed it at Woohyun.  "Now, you're going to help us get that reward."

"Woohyun!" a voice called out, startling the group.

Woohyun looked and saw Father Sunggyu approaching.

"That annoying priest!" said the leader as aimed his gun at Father Sunggyu.

"No!" Woohyun shouted.

The shot rang out as Woohyun ran over to shield Father Sunggyu.  He felt the bullet enter his back and pierced through his chest.  He dropped to his knees as the blood poured out.  Father Sunggyu ran over and caught Woohyun in his arms.  Woohyun smiled as he looked at Father Sunggyu's face which was a mask of concern and worry.

"I'm happy," said Woohyun.  "At least I know now, that you do care for me, even if it's just a tiny fraction."

Father Sunggyu shook his head.  "Woohyun!" he cried.

"We don't need you, priest," said the leader as he about to pull the trigger.

The police sirens echoed the night sky which frightened the gang.

", let's get out of here," said one of the guys.

They ran away as Father Sunggyu carried Woohyun in his arms and left the scene.  He did not notice the figure in the shadows tucking his phone in his pocket and walking away as the police arrived.


Father Sunggyu kicked the front door of the white mansion until Sungyeol finally opened it.

"What?" Sungyeol cried out in frustration as he opened the door.  "You better have a good excuse for-"

Sungyeol took a moment to register the scene in front of him.  Father Sunggyu was breathing heavily, trying to catch his breath.  Beads of sweat glistened on his forehead.  Woohyun was in his arms, covered in blood.


Father Sunggyu sat Woohyun on the bed as he took off Woohyun's blood soaked shirt.  He tossed it aside as he reached for the singlet next.

"Please don't," Woohyun said weakly.

"We need to stop the bleeding and close the wound," explained Sungyeol as he nodded for Father Sunggyu to continue.

Woohyun shook his head but was in too much pain to stop them.  He closed his eyes as he waited for their reaction.

Father Sunggyu carefully pulled the singlet over Woohyun's head and tossed it next to the shirt on the table.  He turned back to look at Woohyun's back.  He was not prepared for what he saw.

Sungyeol saw the look of shock on on Father Sunggyu's face.  "Don't make that face," said Sungyeol.  "There's no wound that I can't fix."  He stepped over to examine the wound but his face reflected Father Sunggyu's reaction.