Temptation of the Devil - Chapter 14

Temptation of the Devil

Woohyun couldn't believe what he just heard.  He looked at Sunggyu with eyes full of sadness and sorrow.  Sunggyu saw the look in Woohyun's eyes and he felt Woohyun slowly pull his hand away, out of hia grasp.  Woohyun was afraid to look him in the eye.  Sunggyu smiled bitterly.  He knew Woohyun would react this way once he knew the truth, but that didn't make the pain in his heart hurt any less.

"I'm so sorry," Woohyun whispered to himself but Sunggyu heard him.

"Demons pretending to be holy men, what a joke," laughed Hoya.  "Kill them all!"

He ordered his men to attack as he charged and engaged in battle with Myungsoo, who proved to be as lethal as the blade he was wielding.

Sungyeol saw Dongwoo and rushed at him with his sword.  "It's payback time!"

Sunggyu stood in front of Woohyun as the men headed their way.  He fought against all the men, preventing any of them from getting any closer to Woohyun.  Woohyun watched as Sunggyu fought the group.  The man he tried to protect proved to be more than capable of protecting himself.

Woohyun was so lost in thought, he did not see the gun aiming at him.

"Woohyun!" he heard Sunggyu's voice shout out.

The next thing he saw was Sunggyu running to stand in front of him, blocking the path of the bullet.  Sunggyu raised his sword and struck the man who had fired the shot.

"Sunggyu!" Woohyun cried out as he ran over to him.  The look of horror displayed on Woohyun's face when he saw blood gushing out from Sunggyu's stomach.

Sungyeol and Myungsoo noticed this and knew they had to act quick.  They both knocked their opponents down and ran over to Sunggyu.

"We have to go," said Myungsoo as they made for their escape.

Dongwoo got up, ready to persue but Hoya stopped him.  "There's no need for that," he told Dongwoo as he glanced over to the window of the building.

"You've been hiding there long enough, why don't you show yourself?" said Hoya.

Dongwoo turned his gaze in the direction Hoya was looking at.

From outside the building, a figure slowly stepped in.  Hoya smiled when he saw him.