Temptation of the Devil - Chapter 16

Temptation of the Devil

Woohyun was led to the study where an older man was waiting.  The man in the suit bowed to the older man and took his leave, leaving the two alone.

"Woohyun!" exclaimed the man with joy as he walked over to embrace him.  "Have you forgiven me?"

Woohyun stood still, not returning the embrace.  "I came to ask you something," he said.  "Did you order the killings of the In Su Group, Chul Moo Group and every other group?"

The man seemed surprised but did not deny.  "Those who rise against us must be dealt with," replied the man.

"It really was you," said Woohyun as he started to head out the door.

"Woohyun, where are you going?" asked the man.  "Didn't you come to forgive me?"

Woohyun stopped walking.  "You killed my mother, I would never forgive you," declared Woohyun.


He walked out the front entrance and found the man in the suit waiting by the gates.

"You're not staying?" asked the man.  "The Chul Moo Group found out about your identity.  That's why he's sent some hitmen to kill all the people who were after you.  He worries for you."

"Maybe in his old age, but I will never forget that he was the man who would rather watch his wife get killed than yield to demands of his enemies.  I'm lucky they only pushed me off the building.  The scars and the pain of broken glass cutting into my skin will always be a constant reminder of what happened that day.  I won't ever forgive him," said Woohyun.

"He is your father," reminded the man.

Woohyun ignored him and walked away.


On the busy street, Woohyun bumped into a familiar face.  "Sungjong?" he said, glad to see him.  "Are you okay?  Where is everyone else?"

"The other orphanages in the area have taken us in.  We're okay.  Jin's been asking about you.  Do you want to go see him?" asked Sungjong.

"Sure," said Woohyun as he followed Sungjong.


Sunggyu stood like a lifeless statue staring out the window.  Sungyeol and Myungsoo stood watching him nearby.  They were at Sungyeol's holiday home in the hills.

"How long is he going to be doing this?" asked Sungyeol turning to look at Myungsoo."I mean, he's the one who told Woohyun to get lost so why is he acting like he was the one who got dumped?"

"Although it hurts him to do this but I guess it's his way of ensuring Woohyun's safety since the Chul Moo Group will now be on our backs," said Myungsoo.

"Wow!  He's fallen harder than I thought," commented Sungyeol.

An alert rang out from Sunggyu's phone but he ignored it.  He was in no mood for anything.  A second alert came.  When the third alert came, he glanced at the name on the text and read it.  His eyes widened in shock as he raced out to the car and drove off.

"Where the hell is he going?" asked Sungyeol.  "He hasn't fully recovered yet."

"We need to follow," said Myungsoo.  "Car?"

"Round the back.  This job pays well, you know," said Sungyeol.


Sunggyu drove as fast as he could as he glanced at his phone.  The photo of Woohyun's unconscious face got his heart racing with fear.

Vengeance for the In Su Group, read the text.

Name of sender, Sungjong.