Temptation of the Devil - Chapter 15

Temptation of the Devil

The car sped down the highway as Sungyeol stepped hard on the accelerator.  He was grinning.  He loved the thrill of it.

"Woo hoo!" cheered Sungyeol who seemed to be enjoying the whole ordeal.

Myungsoo turned to look at him from the front passenger seat.  "You're a nutcase!" said Myungsoo.  "Just get us somewhere to fix Sunggyu up."

Woohyun sat in the back with Sunggyu, his hand pressing against Sunggyu's wound to stop the bleeding.  Sunggyu hadn't said a word since they got in the car.

"Sungyeol, stop the car!" Sunggyu said suddenly.

"What?  Why?" asked Sungyeol as he glanced in the rearview mirror.

"Just stop it!" Sunggyu repeated.

Myungsoo nodded at SUngyeol, signalling for him to obey Sunggyu.  Sungyeol sighed and stepped on the brakes as the car came to a skidding halt.

Sunggyu turned to look at Woohyun.  "You can leave now if you want," he said, much to everyone's surprise.

Woohyun looked at Sunggyu with confusion.  "What are you saying?" asked Woohyun.  "Why would I-"

"You know what we are.  You know what we do," said Sunggyu.  "We're not who you think we are.  I'm not the man you thought I was.  I'm a killer.  You shouldn't associate with us."

Woohyun shook his head to protest, almost in tears.

"You couldn't look me in the eyes when you found out we were responsible for those children becoming orphans," said Sunggyu.

"It's not what-" Woohyun tried to explain, but Sunggyu wouldn't give him the chance.

"Let's end this now," said Sunggyu, glancing away from Woohyun to stare at his side of the window.

Woohyun swallowed his tears and nodded as he slowly got out of the car.  "I don't regret loving you," he said before closing the door.

Sunggyu heard those words which made his heart ache but he still refused to look at Woohyun.  It's best to end all this, he thought.

"Sunggyu, don't do something you'll regret," said Sungyeol.

Sunggyu remained silent, but on the inside, his heart was breaking.


Woohyun found himself at the gates of the enormous estate.  The gates automatically opened for him as he entered.  He walked up the marbled steps leading to the main entrance of the mansion.

The man in the suit came out and greeted him.  "You finally came," said the man.

"I came to ask him something," declared Woohyun.

"Nevertheless, the Boss will be pleased," said the man as he led the way.

Woohyun followed him inside.  It had been years since he had set foot in this place.  Home of the Kang Dae Group.