Chapter 9

More Than Meets The Eye

 

Sungjong & Sungyeol walked as the breeze hit their face, letting them feel the warmth despite the cold winter weather.

“Hyung~” Sungjong said, puffing his cheeks.

“Hm?” Sungyeol whispered his answer, inhaling the cold breeze.

“What happened to you?” Sungjong asked slowly.

“What do you mean?” Sungyeol mumbled but he knew exactly what he meant.

“You don’t want to talk about it huh?” Sungjong asked, looking at Sungyeol.

“Not exactly, no.” Sungyeol said, giving Sungjong an apologetic smile.

“Ah, arasso.” Sungjong nodded. “But you’re alright now? Or at least you’re in a better mood?”

“So much better.” Sungyeol said, grabbing Sungjong into a hug. “Thank you my fluffy dongsaeng.”

“Anything for ice cream hyung. Anything.” Sungjong answered as he giggled.

Sungyeol nodded and let go but kept his left hand on Sungjong’s waist. “Why do I feel like a big brother?”

“Because you are! You’re like the older brother I never had.” Sungjong said, pinching his nose.

“You’re the younger sister I never had too, Sungjong-ah!” Sungyeol teased, earning a smack to the face.

“Ha, who’s a girl now?!” Sungjong smirked as he successfully hit Sungyeol’s cheek.

“You hit like a girl. Don’t get too hyped.” Sungyeol said as they skipped happily to the bay. “AHHHHH! Fresh air.”

Sungjong lifted his head and felt the cold air take over him before snapping back to reality. “This is something I want to experience with the person I love. It just seems so romantic.” Sungjong said, a slight blush forming on his cheeks.

“Ah. And who does Sungjongie like?” Sungyeol said as he looked at Sungjong, his bangs covering his eyes.

“I’m 100% sure you know him, hyung.” Sungjong said, closing his eyes. “But I’m too shy.”

Sungyeol laughed and screamed in the air. “KYAAAAAAA! Sungjong is in loveeeee!” He screamed his heart out before looking at Sungjong. “But be careful, ne?”

“I will.” Sungjong nodded. “But I won’t be hurt… Not unless I confess which is very impossible.”

“Eh? Impossible is not in my vocabulary!” Sungyeol smiled, feeling confident. “Let hyung help.”

Sungjong looked at him and raised his eyebrow. “If you insist…” He chuckled. “You really want to know?” He asked as Sungyeol nodded, his hair bouncing up and down as he did. “Well…” He hesitated, looking down as his feet. “Kim Myungsoo. I’m in love with Kim Myungsoo.” Sungjong blurted out.

“Kim Myungsoo?” Sungyeol’s lips shook as he said his name. “You mean, KIM MYUNGSOO?!” He asked again, his head started to hurt.

“Yes hyung. Kim Myungsoo!” Sungjong said, giggling. “I’ve been in love with him since we’ve been classmates last year.”

Sungyeol sighed and closed his eyes, feeling the air in his hair again. “Well, like I said. Be careful.” Sungyeol warned.

“He doesn’t know I exist so don’t worry about me getting hurt hyung.” Sungjong smiled and placed his arm on Sungyeol’s shoulder. “He’s actually nice. Not an ice prince, I promise. But I heard he already found someone…” Sungjong pouted.

“Yeah…” Sungyeol laughed nervously. I want to leave so muchhhhhh!!!

Sungjong dropped the topic and sighed. “Ice cream hyung. I’m feeling depressed with our topic.” He said, still pouting.

Sungyeol nodded and placed his hands on his pockets. Oh, how he missed Myungsoo’s hands with his. But here comes Sungjong, another reason why he shouldn’t be with Myungsoo. Sungjong loved Myungsoo much longer than he did. Why steal the person he loves right? The last thing Sungyeol wanted to do was hurt his friend, no matter how much it will hurt him. Others before yourself right?

 

END

 

A/N: The next chap is all about Myungsoo. Kkkk ~