Chapter 16

More Than Meets The Eye

 

CHAPTER 16.

 

-A few days after the party.

 

Sungjong sat quietly on his seat, waiting eagerly for someone to enter the class. It was already Thursday, but he didn’t feel excited for the weekend. His eyes darted to the door as the person he was waiting for arrived. “Myungsoo hyung!” He shouted, waving to the latter. Sungjong knew he was lucky. A rumour was circling that Myungsoo & Sungyeol all had the same class together, but in this class, Sungjong had Myungsoo all to him.

Myungsoo’s head shot up as he searched the person calling for him. “S..Sungjong?” He stuttered.

Sungjong sat up confidently. “Hyung, come on. Sit next to me.” He said, patting the empty spot.

Myungsoo nodded and followed. He sat next to Sungjong awkwardly. He looked at him and saw the younger boy smiling up at him. “What? You have something to say?”

Sungjong pouted. “What? I can’t seat next to you just because you’re dating Sungyeol hyung?” He answered back.

Myungsoo looked at him in disbelief. “Why do I feel like you’re going to do something?” He asked.

Sungjong shot him a look of innocence. “Do I look like I’m planning something bad? Someone as innocent as me?!” Sungjong asked him.

Myungsoo shook his head. “I can’t believe this.” He laughed.

“Is that good or what?” Sungjong asked.

“I really don’t know.” He chuckled.

“Then it’s good. Guess I’ll hang out with you more often.” Sungjong smiled.

Myungsoo gulped. “Hope Sungyeol won’t be jealous, then.”

“Nah. He’ll be happy I’m friends with his boyfriend. We’ll be an awesome trio.” Sungjong told him.

Myungsoo just nodded at the latter’s word as their teacher came in and started the class.

 

“Okay class.” Their teacher said as she cleared , a few minutes before their class would end. “Well, as you all expected, we’ll be having the end of the quarter project.” She informed the class, eager to hear what she had planned this time. “And since it will take up a lot of your time, it will be much better if the project will be worked on by pairs.” She said as the class erupted into cheers.

“Myungsoo, you & me?” Sungjong said, nudging his elbow. Myungsoo nodded as Sungjong squealed in happiness. The teacher further explained their project. “It will be about people’s relationship with others. How they cope with things that happens around them. Each pair should pass a 10-page report in that topic. It can be anything. A research, a reaction paper, etcetera. The topic should revolve around friendship, love, marriage, camaraderie, and like I said, anything that involves relationships. And you only have one week to prepare.” She said as the bell rang. Myungsoo sat up straight and fixed his things, eager to meet Sungyeol again. The teacher ended the class and exited. Myungsoo was about to stand up when Sungjong grabbed his wrist. “Hyung, we need to plan our project.” He explained.

“Yeah, yeah. Later.” Myungsoo mumbled, standing up once again but was pulled back down by Sungjong.

“HYUNG! Focus, will you? We. Need. To. Plan. This.” He said.

Myungsoo sighed and shook his hand free. “LATER.” He said, leaving the room.

Sungjong let out a groan. “This will be hard.” He whispered as he grabbed his things and followed Myungsoo. He walked as fast as his feet can. Damn, he’s fast. Sungjong couldn’t find Myungsoo anywhere. He was about to give up when he heard Sungyeol’s laugh, followed by Myungsoo’s, from the other side of the corridor. His head turned in a flash and he was right. The couple was there. Sungyeol was leaning on the locker while Myungsoo was standing in front of him, his arms on the other’s waist.

“Hyung!” He shouted at Myungsoo.

The two stopped laughing and looked at him. “SUNGJONG!” Sungyeol greeted him happily. Myungsoo let go of Sungyeol as he hugged Sungjong.

“Hyung, hi.” Sungjong greeted him. “But, I need to talk to him.” He said, pouting towards Myungsoo.

Sungyeol looked at Myungsoo, then back at Sungjong with a confused look on his face. “We have a project to work on.” Myungsoo said, his arm slipping on Sungyeol’s waist. “Ah.” Sungyeol nodded.

Sungjong glared at them. “So, now what? Can I talk to him Sungyeol hyung?”

“Yeah, sure. Go ahead.” Sungyeol said, pushing Myungsoo forward.

Myungsoo looked at Sungyeol and shook his head. “I want to spend time with you, Choding-ah.” He whined.

Sungyeol laughed, charming both Myungsoo & Sungjong. “He’ll just talk to you, Myung-ah. I won’t disappear.” He told Myungsoo, still pushing him forward.

Myungsoo gave up and walked towards Sungjong. “What now?”

“The project? It’s due in one week. AND IT’S A TEN PAGE PROJECT.” Sungjong told him.

Myungsoo shrugged. “You’re responsible, right?”

“BUT IT’S A PAIR PROJECT.” Sungjong answered back.

“And your point is?” Myungsoo asked, uninterested.

“WE’RE A FREAKING PAIR AND WE HAVE TO FREAKING WORK ON THIS PROJECT TOGETHER.” He answered. Really, how did I like someone like him?!

“Yeah, I know.” Myungsoo answered with a chuckle.

“This is not funny, hyung.” Sungjong answered.

“It is funny.” Myungsoo said, crossing his arms over his chest. “You’re freaking out. Do you even know that I have something planned for our project?”

Sungjong stared at him in disbelief and cursed under his breath. “WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME, HYUNG.”

“Because you didn’t even ask me if I had thought of something.” Myungsoo said, shrugging.

Sungjong let out an irritated groan. “Then, tell me what the is your plan hyung.” He said.

Myungsoo raised his eyebrow. “Don’t curse at someone who’s older.”

“I curse at everyone.” Sungjong said. “Now, the plan?” He asked again.

Myungsoo shrugged again and started to explain. “Well, it’s about relationships right? Tadah. Me & Sungyeol.” Myungsoo said, grabbing Sungyeol.

Sungyeol looked at them. “I heard my name.”

Myungsoo laughed. “You’ll be part of our project, Yeollie.”

“Project? Aigoooooooo.” He whined.

“Hyung, stop whining please. We really need you in this project.” Sungjong begged, using his puppy dog eyes.

Sungyeol stared at him and bloated his cheeks. “Okay, okay! What is it about, then?”

“Us.” Myungsoo said, his arm slipping on Sungyeol’s waist, pulling him close.

Sungyeol chuckled. “Well, if that’s the case. I’m in.” He smiled.

“Thanks hyung!” Sungjong said, giving him a hug.

“No problem, Sungjong-ah.” Sungyeol chuckled as he pulled back. “See you later?”

Sungjong nodded. “We’ll have to work on it, ASAP!”

 

--

 

As their class ended, Sungjong & Sungyeol walked together, going to Sungyeol’s house. The two had an awkward feeling as they walked home quietly. They exchanged glances here and there but they never had a normal conversation—that is until they bumped into Dongjun, one of Sungyeol’s past classmates.

“Sungyeol?” Dongjun asked him, studying his face. “SUNGYEOL! It is you!”

Sungyeol smiled. “YA! You still remember me? Aigoo!” He said, as he was pulled into a hug.

“Of course. That little crush never went away, you know that.” Dongjun said as he pulled away.

 

 

*flashback.

Sungyeol walked home, his head hanging low. It was the same. His ‘boyfriend’ and its friends just gave him a punch to the face just because he saw him holding some girl’s hand. He tried explaining that he didn’t do it on purpose but instead, he only received a few more punches to the stomach.

“Ya, Sungyeol.” Someone whispered.

Sungyeol looked up from his train of thoughts and smiled as he saw the person next to him—his knight in shining armour. “Dongjun.” He smiled.

“You’re still looking sad. Are you sure you’re okay?” He asked him, Dongjun’s hand brushing Sungyeol’s arm caringly.

Sungyeol smiled. “You do know that you just saved my guts back there right? If it wasn’t for you then I would’ve had more bruises. It’s crazy that someone would do that to me.” Sungyeol chuckled bitterly.

Dongjun stopped at his tracks, stopping Sungyeol with him. “Yeol-ah.” He said, placing his hands on Sungyeol’s shoulder. “It’s because I’m in love with you.”

 

*end of flashback.

 

END

A/N: I FINALLY KNOW WHAT TO DO NEXT. HOHOHO. 8D