Chapter 1

More Than Meets The Eye

 

CHAPTER ONE

 

“Myungsoo, wake up. Class is over.” Someone whispered as he shook Myungsoo awake.

“Stop it, Dongwoo.” He answered, going back to sleep.

“Come on! You slept through Math again. Wake up or we’ll be late in English.” Dongwoo said louder, still shaking Myungsoo’s shoulder.

“Hyung! Stop it.” Myungsoo answered, lifting his head to look at the older boy. “Ugh.” He groaned as he grabbed his bag and left the room.

“That’s better.” Dongwoo smiled as he followed. “Myungsoo-ah. Why do you keep sleeping? Something wrong at home?” He asked Myungsoo.

“Hyung, you’re so talkative sometimes.” He mumbled, still tired.

“I know. Come on! I’m one of your closest friend. Tell me what’s wrong, Kim Myungsoo!!” Dongwoo whined as he grabbed onto Myungsoo’s arm.

“Hyung ~ not now.” Myungsoo said, shaking Dongwoo off.

“So something is wrong.” He pouted as he detached himself from Myungsoo. “Looks like you need something to cheer you up.” Dongwoo thought out loud. “Wait, more like you need someone!!”

“What?” Myungsoo asked as he shot Dongwoo a confused look.

“You need to fall in love. All this stress is making you tired.” Dongwoo said, patting Myungsoo’s back. “That would be easy for you since everyone has a crush on you.” He shrugged.

Myungsoo looked at him, still confused. “What?!”

“Aigoo.” Dongwoo laughed as he pulled them to their next class. “Don’t sleep ne?”

“Shut up.” Myungsoo said under his breath as he took the seat next to Dongwoo. Falling in love? What the hell is Dongwoo hyung saying?!

 

--

 

“Ya, guys!” Hoya greeted Myungsoo and Dongwoo during lunch.

“Howon!” They greeted him as Hoya took the seat next to Dongwoo and cuddled with him.

“Um… Hyung. Please stop. It’s so… Eew, guys.” Myungsoo chuckled at his hyungs.

“What?” Dongwoo asked before he took a quick kiss from Hoya.

“That. Stop.” Myungsoo pointed at the couple.

“Not in a good mood huh, Myungsoo?” Hoya asked as he broke away from Dongwoo’s hug, much to Myungsoo’s delight.

“No! I’m pretty sure he’s jealous, babe.” Dongwoo smirked at the younger guy seating in front of him.

“Hyung, stop babbling non-sense.” Myungsoo answered, cocking his head to the side.

“I am not. You need someone to love.” Dongwoo winked, leaning closer to Myungsoo.

“Maybe I do. Now will you stop?” Myungsoo snickered, pushing Dongwoo’s face.

The three laughed but was shushed thanks to the sound of a guy screaming.

‘No, please. Don’t!’ The three of them—and maybe the rest of the people in the cafeteria—heard.

“What was that?” Myungsoo asked as the trio stood up in concern.

“I think it came from outside.” Hoya informed Myungsoo.

Not knowing why, Myungsoo, followed by Hoya and Dongwoo, walked to the big tree in the middle of the quadrangle and founded the guy who shouted, on the grass with his face and arms filled with bruises.

“Oh, .” Myungsoo cursed as he helped the boy. “Hyung, help.” He pleaded.

“Oh no. Myungsoo, hurry.” Dongwoo told him.

Myungsoo carried the guy to the clinic and was unconscious all the way. “Miss, please help us. We just found him like this.” He said, laying the guy down.

“Don’t worry. It’s just bruises.” The nurse assured them. “You guys don’t know him?”

The three shook their head.

“Well, okay. You guys can leave then.” The nurse told them as Myungsoo stared at the bruised boy, looking at every feature on his face.

“Ya, Myungsoo.” Dongwoo snapped as he poked his friend. “Let’s go.”

Myungsoo snapped back to reality and looked at his hyungs. “Sorry.  My mind flew somewhere.” He joked, taking a last look before leaving.

“Caught you staring.” Hoya whispered before being pulled by Dongwoo.

 

END