Chapter 7

More Than Meets The Eye

CHAPTER SEVEN

 

*Friday*

“Sungyeol-ah~” Myungsoo mumbled as they walked on campus hand in hand.

“Hm?” He answered, his red lips forming a pout.

“Want to meet my friends?” Myungsoo asked. He had some explaining to do to his hyungs.

Sungyeol chuckled and nodded. “You’re ‘crazy friends’?” He said, quoting Myungsoo.

“I mean Dongwoo hyung & Hoya hyung.” Myungsoo said. “They’re nice and crazy, just like you.”

“That changes things. KYA! LET’S GOOOOOO!” Sungyeol squealed in excitement.

Myungsoo laughed at his cuteness and walked to Hoya’s locker, pulling an excited Sungyeol behind him. “Hyung!” He shouted when he spotted his violet backpack & Dongwoo’s green duffel bag. The couple looked at them with a confused look but smiled as they saw that it was Sungyeol, the boy with the bruises.

Hoya gave Myungsoo a satisfied smile and patted his back. “’Sup Soo?” He smirked.

Myungsoo gave him a smile and nodded at Dongwoo. “Hyungs, meet Sungyeol.” He said, looking at him.

“Your boyfriend?” Dongwoo asked with a big smile on his face.

“Oh, ani!” Sungyeol almost shouted but then bit his lip with embarrassment. “I mean, we’re not in a relationship.” He said, flashing them a shy smile while Myungsoo just nodded in the side.

“But… it’s not like you guys don’t like each other. There’s something different with your aura, Myungsoo.” Hoya said, lifting one of his eyebrows.

“What something?” Myungsoo and Sungyeol chuckled nervously.

“You guys are getting nervous all of a sudden. So there is something!” Dongwoo shouted out loud.

“Hyung…” Myungsoo whined, asking him to stop.

“Oh come on! You guys are definitely an item. Sungyeol’s blushing!” Dongwoo continued, pointing to Sungyeol. “Come on, there’s SOMETHING! Kya, I can see it. You guys are meant for each other. So perfect! I never felt so happy for our Myungsoo! Kya! You guys having a nice future. Oh, it’s so beautiful. Myungsoo & Sungyeol. Ah. Sounds like a pair made in heaven! You’ll make cute babies! And I’ll be a proud uncle! Kya! Nice pick, Myungsoo. I fully approve of Sungyeol. Just control yourself, ne? This looks fragile.” He said, chuckling and continued babbling nonsense. “Just please, don’t be like those couple that does skinship all the time. That is disgusting. No PDA please. You can be all lovey dovey, just not in front of us. I know you guys like privacy.” Dongwoo stopped and winked. “ Just be a couple that everyone likes, and probably envies. I mean, Myungsoo is one of the famous kids and Sungyeol, wow. You’re new right? Grabbing the famous kid? Wow. That is something. Wait till all the girls, and maybe some guys too I don’t know, kill you for getting the hottest bachelor in school.” Dongwoo laughed. Sungyeol moved closer to Myungsoo since all the blabbering Dongwoo did just made him uncomfortable.

“Something wrong?” Myungsoo whispered when he felt Sungyeol‘s hand brushed with his.

Sungyeol nodded and tugged at Myungsoo’s pinkie. “I’m a little bit uncomfortable. Just a little.” He whispered back.

“I’m sorry.” Myungsoo said, grabbing Sungyeol’s hand. “Trust me on this again please.” He said and looked back at Dongwoo and Hoya who was waiting for something to happen. “Hyung, if I saw that we’re an item can you stop being so childish about the issue?” He said to Dongwoo.

“I’ll be happy for you guys if you do so.” Dongwoo replied with a smirk as Hoya chuckled. Easy as pie.

“Then,” Myungsoo said, looking at Sungyeol. “Will you be my boyfriend?” He asked, giving him a smile. “And I really mean it. Be mine, Sungyeol. I promise to take care of you and love you with all of my heart.” Myungsoo asked Sungyeol who was too shocked at the scene.

“I…Uh…I…” Sungyeol stuttered as Myungsoo stared at him, his brown eyes making his heart beat so fast. Why am I stuttering? Damn, I don’t know if I should say yes. I can do this. I love him, don’t I? I have feelings for him, right? Why am I even hesitating about this? Sungyeol sighed and looked up, avoiding the stares from Myungsoo, Hoya & Dongwoo when he felt his eyes tearing up. Sungyeol, stop this right now. The one you love, the one your freaking crazy about, is standing in front of you, waiting for you to say yes and his all yours, but what are you doing? Crying? Are you serious right now? life. Sungyeol, you really don’t know how to move on huh? You stupid namja! Past is past! And Myungsoo is your present and pretty much your future! Damn! Just forget the past, Sungyeol!  “I love you, Kim Myungsoo. I love you. But I can’t.” Sungyeol said in between silent sobs. “I’m sorry.” He said as he felt Myungsoo’s hand letting go of his and heard the shocked reactions from Hoya and Dongwoo. “I’m really sorry but I can’t.” He said before turning back and running away. DAMN IT, LEE SUNGYEOL. PAST IS PAST. Do you even know what that means? ! You just broke Myungsoo’s heart. And how do I feel? I feel like . Why am I so afraid of commitments? It’s all in the past right? Sungyeol, get things straight… I just can’t leave Myungsoo like that. No. Not the person I love….

 

END

 

A/N: Kkkkk DRAMAAAAAAA. So much drama, it’s crazy. From lovey-dovey MyungYeol to dramatic MyungYeol. Typical fanfic. Kkkkk ~ but it has a deep meaning, I promise. J

xoxo