Chapter 12

More Than Meets The Eye

 

CHAPTER 12

 

Sungyeol snuggled underneath his blanket since Myungsoo talking to him was the best thing to ever happen in two weeks. He smiled and nodded. “I just wanted to disappear for a while. Think things through.” He explained.

“By things, I hope you meant think about us.” Myungsoo said, almost silently.

Sungyeol looked at Myungsoo and saw how his expression has changed from a happy one to a now gloomy one. “Don’t worry. I thought about that too.” He said as he reached for Myungsoo’s hand.

Myungsoo was surprised at what Sungyeol did but was happy that he wasn’t avoiding him. “So what then?” He said, looking back at Sungyeol.

The two stared at each other for a while before Sungyeol broke into a smile. “You’re thinking that I hate you, huh?” Sungyeol said, cocking his head to the side in a cute way.

“You know me so well.” Myungsoo said with a laugh. Sungyeol was right. He was wondering if Sungyeol hated him in any way possible.

“Well, you do know that hating you is the last thing I could do, right?” Sungyeol said, pulling Myungsoo closer.

Myungsoo felt Sungyeol pulling him so he took his bag & shoes off and climbed onto Sungyeol’s bed where they snuggled—just like the old times. “Well, what do you… feel?” Myungsoo asked.

“Here we go again.” Sungyeol laughed. “I love you, Myungsoo.” He said naturally.

Myungsoo’s heart fluttered as he heard what Sungyeol just said. All the pain was gone, but here comes the hard part. “Then tell me. Why did you leave me?” He asked, speaking slowly. He felt Sungyeol sigh deeply but Myungsoo grabbed Sungyeol’s hand and squeezed it. He leaned forward and kissed Sungyeol’s forehead. “Can you tell me? Please? It’s killing me, you know.” He begged.

Sungyeol looked up and was surprised to see Myungsoo’s eyes staring at him. He can’t escape now. “Promise me you’ll keep it a secret.” Sungyeol said in a whisper. Myungsoo nodded and pulled Sungyeol into a hug, signalling him to start. “Well, it was when I was still younger… Well not so young. One and a half, no. Two years ago… It was my first relationship and trust me. I fell head over heels with him and I don’t even know why. We lasted for about 6 months. Worst six months of my life. He was my neighbour. And every time he’ll see me, he’ll act all sweet and kind. But when I do something wrong, he’ll beat me up and leave me with bruises all over. I tried my best to hide it from my mom but I failed. And so, my mom talked to him. Blah blah. Guess what? He just beated me up even harder.” Sungyeol said, cringing from his memories. “But things started to get worse. He started to get more violent since my mom moved out of our house because of… Well, because of my dad. My dad doesn’t even care about us. So, he took advantage of me at that point. No one was there to protect me anymore. He thought I was a stress ball or something. Everything wrong that happened to him… He’ll just blame it on me and then just beat me up again. When I finally couldn’t stand it anymore, me & Daeyeol moved to our mom’s house. Unlike my dad, she was happy to see us. She was even happier that I’d finally stood up for myself. So, that’s it. I started a new life, went to a new school then I met you.” Sungyeol stopped and looked up at Myungsoo with a small smile on his lips. “You still okay there?” He asked him.

Myungsoo gulped as he tried to imagine how much pain Sungyeol must have felt. Now he understands. He hugged him tighter and nodded. “Well, I’m here for you. I won’t hurt you, I promise.”

“I know you won’t.” Sungyeol said with a smile. “That’s why I’m afraid of commitments. I’m afraid people will just use me.”

Myungsoo kissed him lightly on the cheeks. “I won’t do that, Sungyeol-ah. I won’t even dare to hurt you…” He whispered.

Sungyeol sat up and looked at Myungsoo. “Are you crying?” He said with a chuckle.

Myungsoo looked at Sungyeol and sniffed. “It’s a sad story, Lee Sungyeol.” He said with a frown. “I’m sorry I forced you into a relationship.” He said.

“Forced? No! It was just… I don’t know. It came back to me.” Sungyeol shrugged. “But I’m fine now. Those two weeks really helped me.” He said, smiling up at Myungsoo when his phone vibrated.

Myungsoo grabbed it from the table beside him and silently screamed. He acted calm as he handed it to Sungyeol.

New message from: SUNGJONGIE~! J

Sungyeol suddenly remembered Sungjong’s love confession about Myungsoo and started to feel guilty again as he read his text.

HYUNG!!! Are you free tomorrow? I am. ^______^ let’s go somewhere? That ice cream needs a part two!!

Sungyeol typed in slowly as he felt Myungsoo staring at his phone, looking at the text.

Free? Still not sure, Jongie-ah. I’ll text you tomorrow? But ne! Ice cream part two! J

Sungyeol hit send and instantly closed his phone and placed his attention back to Myungsoo.

“So, you know Sungjong?” Sungyeol started casually, fidgeting as he sat across of Myungsoo.

Myungsoo nodded as he stood up and grabbed his bag and wore his shoes again. ”My classmate last year.” He said, standing up in front of Sungyeol who was almost seating at the edge of his bed. He brought his hand up to Sungyeol’s chin and lifted it up, making eye contact. “I’ll see you tomorrow, ne?” He said as Sungyeol nodded. Myungsoo leaned forward and quickly pecked his lips. “I love you, Sungyeol-ah. I missed you so much.” He said as he was pulled by Sungyeol into a hug.

Sungyeol hugged Myungsoo tightly. “Can I just hug you forever, Soo?” He chuckled.

Myungsoo laughed and pulled back. “As you wish.” He chuckled as he sat next to Sungyeol. “It’s getting dark. I need to go home. But hey! Our hyungs will be happy that you’ll be back tomorrow. So better sleep early, ne?” He said, touching Sungyeol’s eye bags he had from too much crying, which means less sleep for the latter. “I’ll see you tomorrow, love.” He said, standing up.

Sungyeol nodded. “Love you too!” He happily said as he stood up confidently.

“Woah, no. Stay. Your foot hurts, right?” Myungsoo said, pushing Sungyeol back down.

Sungyeol stared and nodded. “I forgot about that.” He admitted.

“I don’t want you to get hurt right?” Myungsoo chuckled. “I’ll leave now. Text me if something wrong happens, ne? I love you.” He whispered before finally leaving Sungyeol’s room and walked back home.

 

END

They’re back! I miss my MyungYeol moments <3 some Infinite bromance love on the next chap :D