Chapter 3

More Than Meets The Eye

CHAPTER THREE

 

“So, Myungsoo. How did it go?” Hoya asked him the day after.

“Don’t even remind me of that, hyung.” He said, puffing his cheeks in depression. “He’s a jerk.”

“Really? Aaw, he looked like a good guy to me.” Hoya shrugged.

“Well, he’s not.” Myungsoo sighed as it flashed on his mind again. “So much for something..”

“Don’t worry, Myungsoo-ah. You’ll find someone.” Hoya said, patting his dongsaeng’s back.

 

--

 

“Hey.” Sungyeol looked up and saw Sunggyu, the first person he met in school (since Sungyeol was new.) “Are the bruises getting better?”

Sungyeol nodded. “Yeah. It doesn’t hurt anymore when I touch it.” He said with a smile.

“Thank God! Woohyun and I was so worried about you, Sungyeol-ah. Sorry I wasn’t there to protect you..” Sunggyu said, flashing an apologetic smile.

“Oh, it’s alright. I don’t blame you because this happened.” Sungyeol shrugged. “Being a new kid always has its ups and downs, right?”

“Yeah. But that was too much, Sungyeol.” Sunggyu replied.

“Don’t worry hyung!! I’m all better now, right?” Sungyeol answered, giving him a thumbs up when something caught his eye. It was lunchtime and most of the students was in the cafeteria. This was the first time someone caught Sungyeol’s eye. “Hyung.” He said, signalling to Sunggyu. “Do you know who he is?”

 

--

 

I can’t believe Hoya hyung & Dongwoo hyung just left me. Myungsoo thought as he walked home alone since his hyungs had a date the last minute. “WHYYYYY?!” Myungsoo shouted as he kicked the pebble on the pathwalk and hit the person in front of him.

“Oh, it’s you again.” The guy from yesterday chuckled as he recognized Myungsoo.

“Hi.” Myungsoo replied, feeling like a knife stabbed him all over again.

“I didn’t get your name yesterday, pretty boy.” The guy smirked as he walked next to Myungsoo.

“Pretty boy?” He asked.

“Isn’t it obvious why I called you that?” The guy’s smirk only became bigger. “I’m Lee Sungyeol by the way.” He added.

“Nice name.” Myungsoo replied. There is no room for Mr. Nice anymore, Myungsoo. “And I’m Myungsoo, but call me pretty boy. I don’t mind.” He said, giving him a smirk too.

Sungyeol lifted an eyebrow and smiled. “I came out as cocky, didn’t I?” He asked Myungsoo.

“Yeah. You just sounded like a cocky .” Myungsoo replied with a chuckle.

“I’m not.” Sungyeol whined.

Myungsoo laughed at Sungyeol’s sudden change of character and took a deep breath. “You sure?”

“Promise. I just act that way to new people. But you seem nice.” Sungyeol said, looking at Myungsoo.

“I am nice. Damn. That’s not a good way to leave a first impression you know.” Myungsoo said.

“First impressions always change, Myungsoo.” Sungyeol said. Myungsoo felt his heart skip a beat when Sungyeol mentioned his name.

“Who says it does?” Myungsoo teased.

“It always does!” Sungyeol laughed. “Wait, you’re alone right? Where you going?” He asked.

Anywhere, just so I can be with you… “Home. You?”

“I want to go somewhere with you, Myungsoo! Let’s go!” Sungyeol said, jumping up and down.

“Seriously?” Myungsoo asked. Why is my heart beating so fast?

“Seriously.” Sungyeol answered, taking Myungsoo’s hand in his and leading him somewhere. Myungsoo just smiled and sighed. Is this the ‘something’ Hoya hyung & Dongwoo hyung keep telling me?

 

END