Chapter 13

More Than Meets The Eye

CHAPTER 13 <3

 

“Sungjong-ah!” Sungyeol greeted loudly on his first day back at school after two weeks.

Sungjong stopped talking to one of his girl best friends, Lizzy, and looked at Sungyeol—who was followed by Myungsoo. “Oh, hyung.” Sungjong smiled and waved half-heartedly as he saw the two boys holding hands.

Why is Sungjong… sad? Sungyeol thought then it hit him. Oh gosh. I forgot all about him and his crush on Myung. AIGOOOOO! Sungyeol thought, face palming him in his thoughts. Sungyeol sighed and continued to walk towards Sungjong. “I can explain.” He whispered.

“Nah. I understand, hyung.” Sungjong said, smiling weakly.

“Really, Sungjong. I can explain! I don’t want you to get mad at me.” Sungyeol said, biting his lips in guilt.

“Mad? I’m not that shallow, hyung.” Sungjong replied as he faked a laugh. “But you do owe me another ice cream.” He said, lighting up the mood.

“I do! Ah, how can I forget?! Want to go later?” Sungyeol suggested.

“I told you that I’m free, right?” Sungjong said but leaned closer. “Just the two of us?” He whispered, glaring to Myungsoo.

“Just the two of us… I think.” Sungyeol chuckled. “I’m pretty sure he’ll follow me around.” Sungyeol whispered back.

“Aigoo. My heart.” Sungjong joked, placing his hand over his heart.

Sungyeol laughed and pulled Sungjong into a hug. “I love you, Sungjong-ah.” He laughed as he ruffled the latter’s hair.

 

--

 

“I love you, Sungjong-ah.” Sungyeol laughed, ruffling Sungjong’s hair. Myungsoo stood there, inhaling & exhaling in deep breaths. He liked Sungjong. Liked him. Before Sungyeol came into his life, he had a crush on Sungjong. He can’t help but fall for the latter’s girly charms. He shrugged as Sungyeol let go of Sungjong and looked back at Myungsoo.

“You okay there?” Sungyeol asked him.

Myungsoo nodded but he felt Sungjong and Lizzy staring at him. No, glaring at him. “I’m fine, love.” Myungsoo said, smiling. He looked at Sungyeol and saw a concerned look plastered all over his face. “Don’t worry about me…” Myungsoo smiled sweetly, holding his hand.

“Why do I feel like I should worry, though?” Sungyeol asked him, confused.

“I don’t know. But promise. No need to worry about me.” He said, squeezing Sungyeol’s hand.

Sungyeol nodded as they walked silently hand in hand. Myungsoo was about to ask Sungyeol on how he met Sungjong when they were squeezed in a group hug.

“LEE SUNGYEOOOOOOL~!” The others shouted at the same time. The couple looked and saw their hyungs, happy that Sungyeol is back.

The others pulled back with happy expressions on their face. Dongwoo stepped forward and offered his hand. “I’m sorry, Sungyeol-ah. I think I made a not too good of a first impression on you.” He apologized.

Sungyeol laughed and shook hands with him. “Oh, no! It’s okay hyung. Just a little too talkative for me.” Sungyeol chuckled. “But you seem like a choding. LIKE ME!” Sungyeol exclaimed happily.

The others laughed as they welcomed back Sungyeol into their newly-made group of theirs. “New circle of friends?” Myungsoo teased.

“I like it here. I like you guys.” Woohyun said. “But of course, I like Sunggyu-hyung the most.” Woohyun winked.

Hoya playfully pushed Woohyun. “YA! Stop it. Gross.” Hoya said, shaking his head.

“And Hoya likes Dongwoo hyung the most.” Woohyun said, wriggling his eyebrows.

Dongwoo laughed as he saw Hoya blush. “Aigoo, Nam Woohyun.” They laughed.

“And of course! Our Myungsoo likes Sungyeol the best.” Woohyun said, poking Sungyeol.

“Hyung, really. How old are you?” Sungyeol teased and grabbed Myungsoo’s hand that slipped off from his when his hyungs surprised them.

“Not that older than you, Sungyeol.” He replied, sticking his tongue out.

“Aigoo. Sunggyu hyung! Can you please tame Woohyun?!” Sungyeol said, shrieking.

“TAME?! Am I an animal of any sort?!” Woohyun pouted but was back-hugged by Sunggyu.

The other four laughed when someone grabbed Sungyeol’s arm from the back—Sungjong.

Hoya & Dongwoo, who know Myungsoo’s secret, looked at him in shock. “Hyung!” Sungjong said, greeting Sungyeol.

The others looked on. “Jongie ~ where’s Lizzy?”

“Left me. She’s spending some time with her boyfriend.” Sungjong shrugged. “Can I hang out with you guys?” He asked, referring to the others.

“Can he?” Sungyeol asked them. The others nodded in response, everyone except Myungsoo, but Sungyeol didn’t notice. “That’s a yes, then.” He chuckled. “Hyungs, meet my friend. Sungjong! He was there when Woohyun hyung & Sunggyu hyung suddenly disappeared.” Sungyeol said, glaring at the couple.

“Shut up. I already apologized for that!” Woohyun whined and hit Sungyeol’s shoulder.

“Aish, so childish!!” Sunggyu said, shaking his head. “But hey. Guys!” He said. The others stopped what they were doing to look at Sunggyu. “There’s a party later. More like a party to celebrate JiEun’s birthday. But of course, we’ll celebrate it in a wild way.” Sunggyu explained, winking. “Anyone can go. So I guess, it can be a bonding time for us?” He said. He addressed it to the others but he only looked at Woohyun.

Sungyeol smirked. Partyyyy! He looked at Myungsoo and waited for his reaction. He was smiling. And looking at Sungyeol too. “I guess we’ll go.” Sungyeol said as Myungsoo nodded happily.

Hoya & Dongwoo also tagged along, just like Woohyun and Sungjong.

 

END

Short chapter is short. Mianhae ~