Chapter 11

More Than Meets The Eye

CHAPTER 11

 

KEEP CALM. Myungsoo thought as he walked to school, greeted by the stares of many. He took a deep breath and did his best not to break into sobs as he did so. He kept his chin up and walked confidently as if nothing was wrong—as if he wasn’t broken hearted. It’s been 2 weeks since he was rejected by Sungyeol and he felt better. Hoya & Dongwoo was doing a good job at helping the latter move on, but his heart still belonged to the same person. It has been almost 2 weeks since he last attended this class. With a deep sigh and a silent prayer, Myungsoo walked to his next class also known as the class where he and Sungyeol were classmates. He walked to his chair, his head held low. Not that he doesn’t want to see Sungyeol, he was just not yet prepared. The class suddenly became noisier now that Myungsoo had arrived. The girls & guys decided to think what was wrong. Yes, Myungsoo is the school’s Ice Prince, but now he was moody & gloomy. Even worse than being the ice prince.

“Soo!” He heard someone call him, breathless. He looked back and saw Woohyun, entering the classroom out of breath.

“Yo.” Myungsoo nodded lifelessly. It was quite rare for Woohyun to talk to him…

After a few breaths, Woohyun’s breathing finally became normal as he took the seat next to Myungsoo. “You seem different.”

“Good or bad?” Myungsoo asked.

“Bad.” Woohyun said with a ‘tsk’.

“Sorry.” Myungsoo said, lowering his head in shame.

“Did something happen? With you and Sungyeol?” Woohyun asked, his eyes getting bigger.

“After you left us when we were supposed to get extra credits in Math? Yeah, something happened.” Myungsoo said. “How come you don’t know?! I thought you & Sungyeol were… close.” Myungsoo added, cringing a little.

“We are…” Woohyun nodded. “But I’ve lost contact of him. Even Sunggyu. He disappeared for the past week or so.” Woohyun said, shrugging.

“Wait, what?” Myungsoo said, looking at Woohyun with worried eyes.

Woohyun raised his eyebrow. “You didn’t notice?” Myungsoo nodded. “Look around.” Woohyun instructed him.

He did as what he was told to do and looked around. “No Lee Sungyeol…” He mumbled.

“Exactly. I thought you knew where he was… Guess not.” Woohyun said, feeling depressed.

Myungsoo bit his lips and thought hard. WHERE IS HE?! He looked up at Woohyun as an idea popped into his mind. “Lost contact… What do you mean hyung?” He asked.

“No text, no calls. But his number is still active, Myungsoo-ah. Just no reply or answer.” He answered with a pout.

Myungsoo took in the information and puffed his cheeks. “Can I have his number?” He blurted out.

“WHAT?! YOU DON’T KNOW HIS NUMBER?!” Woohyun shouted in shock.

Myungsoo shook his head. “No.”

“Here.” Woohyun said. He brought his phone out and gave Sungyeol’s contact numbers to Myungsoo. “Do what’s right, ne? I want to see you smile. And I want to see Sungyeol again. Just get things right, Myungsoo-ah. I trust you.” He said. He placed his hand on Myungsoo’s shoulder and looked at him, waiting for his response. Myungsoo nodded and Woohyun relaxed and sat back as the class started.

 

--

 

Sungyeol sat in his room. So far, so good. At least that’s what he thinks. 26 missed calls from Sunggyu & Woohyun and 32 unreplied texts in 2 weeks was just… WOW. Did they miss him that much? He chuckled and layed back on his bed. He looked at his yellow ceiling and closed his eyes. I really need to go to school tomorrow. He thought. Math, English, History! There was too much to catch up with. He opened his eyes and felt his phone vibrate—again. He flipped his phone open and saw an unregistered number.What is it this time?! He read the text and his eyes almost popped out at what he was reading. A TEXT FROM KIM MYUNGSOO?! He covered his face with his pillow and screamed. How can this happen? Sure, he was happy that he texted but guess what. Meeting him later at the park?! Sungyeol stood up and jumped up and down before tripping at his own pair of feet. He chuckled but squealed as he suddenly felt the pain. Must’ve pulled a muscle or something. He thought. Yes, a good reason not to meet up with Myungsoo! He said as he tried his best to walk. He sat on his bed and slowly lifted his injured feet. He grabbed his phone and texted Myungsoo that he can’t come due to his feet. He closed his phone and plopped back down on his bed. Myungsoo = A crazy life. He thought. “Can’t get any worse than this huh?” He said but a few seconds later his phone rang. Woohyun was calling. “UGH.” He said but answered it anyway.

“SUNGYEOL-AH?! SUNGYEOOOOOL?!” Woohyun shouted from the other line.

 

--

 

“SUNGYEOL-AH?! SUNGYEOOOOOL?!” Woohyun shouted as he called Sungyeol. It was already lunch time and they decided to call Sungyeol. ‘He answered!’ Woohyun mouthed to Myungsoo. Sunggyu sat next to him, also waiting for news.

(A/N: I’ll write what Sungyeol will say.) ‘Yeah hyung. It’s me.’ Sungyeol answered.

“WHY DID YOU DISAPPEAR FOR SO LONNNNNG?!” Woohyun said, still shouting.

‘Because I can.’ He simply answered.

“I missed you, Sungyeol-ah! Even Sunggyu hyung did!!” Woohyun said. Myungsoo felt a little sad that Woohyun didn’t mention his name, but he shrugged it off.

‘I miss you too, hyung. Don’t worry. I’ll go back to school tomorrow.’ Sungyeol said as Woohyun mouthed his answer to Myungsoo & Sunggyu.

“Omo ~ really? AH! I’m so excited to see you Sungyeol!!!” Woohyun said, tightening his grip on his phone from too much excitement.

‘Me too hyung. Oh, and by any chance… Did you give my number to anyone?’ He asked.

Woohyun’s gaze was directed at Myungsoo as he shook his head. “So what if I did?” He said, laughing.

‘UGH. Hyung! Why did you do that?’ Sungyeol whined from the other line.

“Because I can.” Woohyun smirked as he answered back. “Now go to school tomorrow okay? Everyone misses you. Oh, by the way. GO TO THE PARK LATER OR YOU’LL REGRET IT!” Woohyun said and instantly ended the conversation so he wouldn’t hear Sungyeol’s nagging. “Done.” Woohyun said, seating back down across Sunggyu.

“So…” Myungsoo thought out loud.

“He’ll be coming back tomorrow, Myungsoo-ah.” Woohyun said, reaching him so he can pat his back.

“Thanks hyung.” He smiled at Woohyun when he felt someone sit next to him. “Dongwoo hyung?”

“Hey Myungsoo! Oh, Woohyun!” Dongwoo said casually. He looked next to Myungsoo and greeted Sunggyu as well.

“Where’s Hoya hyung?” He asked him.

“Practice. Dance battle in less than a week.” Dongwoo said before eating.

“How come you’re not with him?” Woohyun asked.

“It’s a solo thing. We know how much better he is than me, right?” Dongwoo said, biting an apple.

The three nodded and ate their lunch quietly.

“Something happened? You guys are so quiet, I can’t believe it.” Dongwoo said in between bites of his lunch.

Myungsoo sighed and started to tell the story to Dongwoo. This hyung can be so smart sometimes.

 

In a few minutes, class will be over. In a few minutes, he’ll get to see Sungyeol again. Hoping for the best, Myungsoo walked out of school with good lucks from his hyungs. He brought out his phone and saw Sungyeol’s reply about him hurting his foot. Myungsoo texted him to just stay home and let it heal. But he didn’t mention the part where he’ll just go there and visit him. He remembered the way to Sungyeol’s home since they used to hang out there a lot. Taking the bus, he smiled as he thought of the things he will say. He took a deep breath when the bus stopped in front of the village Sungyeol lives in. His hands in his pocket, Myungsoo walked towards his house. It even looked like skipping towards Sungyeol’s house. He just can’t hide the happiness he was feeling. He smiled happily but started to get nervous when he stood outside of Sungyeol’s house. He gulped as he knocked but was greeted by Sungyeol’s younger brother, Daeyeol. Daeyeol looked so much like Sungyeol that Myungsoo felt happier by the moment. He smiled at him like an idiot.

“Who are you?” Daeyeol asked him, creeped out by the way he was smiling at him.

He snapped back at reality and realised that it was Daeyeol, not Sungyeol, in front of him. “Oh, mianhae.” He laughed. “I’m here for Sungyeol. Is he around?” He asked politely.

Daeyeol shrugged and pointed to the second floor. “Hyung’s there. He’s not busy, I promise you. He just sits on the bed the whole day.”

Daeyeol & Sungyeol had something in common—making people feel comfortable around him. Daeyeol already felt like a little brother for Myungsoo. He smiled again and entered the house. “Sure he’s not busy?” He asked him.

“Do I look like I’m lying?” Daeyeol answered. Another thing in common—their chodingness. “Just go and disturb him. Like I care.”

Myungsoo chuckled at Daeyeol’s attitude toward Sungyeol but headed straight for Sungyeol’s room. It was still the same. The mural on the door with a little sign that said ‘SUNGYEOL IS IN HERE. DON’T YOU DARE ENTER.’ He started to feel better. Anything related to Sungyeol can make him smile. He knocked silently and hears Sungyeol grunt as an answer. “It’s open.” He answered.

Myungsoo smiled. He felt the whole in his heart slowly disappearing. He opened the door and poked his head inside. “Sungyeollie?”

Sungyeol looked up from the book he was reading and saw Myungsoo. His heart started to beat faster again. He smiled a little but was shocked. “Myungsoo.” He said, his lips shaking a little bit. He placed the book on his table next to his bed and stood up but trembled since his ankle still hurt. Luckily, Myungsoo was able to catch him before he fell to the floor. With Myungsoo’s hand on Sungyeol’s waist, he helped him back to the bed as Myungsoo sat on the edge. “So…” Sungyeol said, a nervous laugh escaping his mouth.

“So…” Myungsoo said, looking at Sungyeol who was sadly avoiding eye contact. “Wassup? Woohyun hyung & Sunggyu hyung is really worried about you, you know. Even Dongwoo hyung & Hoya hyung.” Myungsoo said, pouting.

Sungyeol snuggled underneath his blanket since Myungsoo talking to him was the best thing to ever happen in two weeks. He smiled and nodded. “I just wanted to disappear for a while. Think things through.” He explained.

“By things, I hope you meant think about us.” Myungsoo said, almost silently.

Sungyeol looked at Myungsoo and saw how his expression has changed from a happy one to a now gloomy one. “Don’t worry. I thought about that too.” He said as he reached for Myungsoo’s hand.

 

END

Hahahaha! Tease! <3 HOORAY FOR MYUNGYEOL <3 I love you dear readers & subscribers! ^^