Chapter 8

More Than Meets The Eye

 

CHAPTER EIGHT

 

“I love you, Kim Myungsoo. I love you. But I can’t.” Sungyeol said in between silent sobs. “I’m sorry.” He said as he felt Myungsoo’s hand letting go of his and heared the shocked reactions from Hoya and Dongwoo. “I’m really sorry but I can’t.” Sungyeol said before running away from Myungsoo.

 

 

That’s it then. Myungsoo thought as he dropped to his knees, watching Sungyeol leave and feeling his heart shatter to a million pieces. “That was quick.” He murmured with a laugh as he tried his best not to cry when he felt Hoya & Dongwoo’s hands on his shoulder, trying to help him up. “Hyung.” The pair looked up at Myungsoo and they saw him smiling. It was fake, obviously.

“I think you said too much, Dongwoo.” Hoya whispered only to get elbowed by Dongwoo.

“Drop the act Myungsoo. We know you’re hurt. It’s okay to cry…” Dongwoo whispered as they went to the nearest bench and sat Myungsoo down.

“I don’t want to cry, hyung… Everything went too fast…” Myungsoo said in between deep breaths.

“You should’ve taken you’re time, Myungsoo. Believe me.” Hoya chuckled, trying his best to lift up the mood. “But I guess Sungyeol isn’t the one.” He shrugged.

“That’s where you’re wrong hyung.” Myungsoo said, gritting his teeth together. “Sungyeol is the one. I knew it from the first time we saw him. You know, with all the bruises? Yeah. I knew it from then. He really is the one, hyung. I’ve never been this sure in my entire life.” He said.

Dongwoo patted his back and sighed. “I guess you just have to know what’s wrong. He loves you right?” Myungsoo nodded. “Well, there it is! He loves you Kim Myungsoo!” Dongwoo continued as the latter listened. “If he’s some stupid jerk then he’ll just leave you, without even regretting it. But Sungyeol… He really thought about his decision. Maybe it’s from his past or something.”

His past? “Well, that’s possible…” Myungsoo nodded and stood up. “Guess I’ll cut school…” He said, walking towards the gate.

“Want us to come with you?” Hoya said, speaking up for the first time after the incident.

Myungsoo smiled. It wouldn’t hurt to spend some time with my best friends right? I’d like to hang out with people who can make me smile effortlessly… “Thanks hyung. It’s okay with you?” He asked as Hoya and Dongwoo caught up with him.

“What are friends for, right?” Dongwoo answered with a smile that made Myungsoo smile too.

“We’re here for you, Myungsoo-ah.” Hoya said, also flashing his smile.

“Thanks hyung. I owe you guys so much.” Myungsoo said, pulling the couple into a hug.

 

--

 

“Oh my gosh!” A guy shouted as he spotted Sungyeol crying his eyes out in the cr. “Um.. Excuse me…” The boy said, poking Sungyeol. “Are you alright?” He asked as Sungyeol twitched.

“NO.” Sungyeol answered, looking up.

“Well, I can make you smile!” The boy answered cheerfully.

“Try your best.” Sungyeol chuckled but kept a poker face.

“Oh, is that a challenge?” The guy said, crossing his arms.

“Huh.” Sungyeol chuckled once and grabbed his bag before exiting the cr. (A/N: Sorry if it’s at the cr. Can’t think of anywhere else.)

“Wait!” The boy said, grabbing Sungyeol’s back so that he was dragged by Yeol.

“What the ?” Sungyeol cursed when he felt someone pull him back.
“You look lonely.” The boy said.

“I am.” Sungyeol continued walking and ignored the boy.

“I’m Sungjong! Lee Sungjong.“ The boy said as he easily kept the same pace with Sungyeol.

“Nice to meet you then. The name is Lee Sungyeol.” He mumbled.

Sungjong nodded. “You we’re crying right?” He asked curiously.

“So what if I was?” Sungyeol answered, not showing any emotion.

“You’re boyfriend just broke up with you, huh?” Sungjong said with a smirk.

“No.” We weren’t even together.

“You got rejected by the person you liked?”

“No.” I rejected him… And I didn’t like him, I LOVE him for crying out loud!

“You failed at something?”

“No.” I failed at moving on from the past, yes.

“You got kicked out of your house?”

“Would someone cry because of that, Sungjong-ah?” Sungyeol asked, raising his eyebrows.

“I would.” Sungjong said with a confident smirk.

“You’re such a girl.” Sungyeol teased.

“ you! I’m a guy!” Sungjong said a little louder.

“Don’t curse at me. I’m older.” Sungyeol said, punching Sungjong’s arm.

“Like I care.” Sungjong laughed.

“Damn Sungjong. Be a good kid, will you?” Sungyeol said, pinching his cheeks.

“AHHHH! You’re smiling!” Sungjong said, pointing to Sungyeol.

“Guess I am. Not so bad, Sungjong-ah.” He said with a laugh.

“Ah, I am so freakin’ awesome!” Sungjong said, praising himself.

“Shut up.” Sungyeol said, placing his arm on Sungjong’s shoulder. “Let’s skip school. Let’s hang out. Forget everything!” Sungyeol said. Forget Myungsoo~!

“Lee Sungjong is a good student.” Sungjong answered with a smile

“Good joke.” Sungyeol smirked.

“SSHHHHHH!” Sungjong said, placing his finger on Sungyeol’s lips.

Sungyeol bit his finger, making him scream. “Really, you’re a girl, Sungjong.”

“I HATE YOU, HYUNG!” Sungjong pouted, rubbing his finger.

“I love you too.” Sungyeol said with a laugh. “Let’s go, please? I’ll treat you Ice cream! Anything that you like. I’ll buy anything, just go somewhere with me. Please.”

“You had me at ice cream hyung.” Sungjong winked as he pulled Sungyeol to the exit.

 

END

 

A/N: Wellllllll. WooGyu is missing. Huhuhu. So Sungjong came to the rescue! YAY JONGIE! JSomething is gonna happen on the next chap. I’ll promise more otp action, yes even some MyungYeol. So please, anticipate the next chapters!!! No more drama, I promise. <3 (okay, maybe a little) thank you readers, subscribers and commenters!! 8D =)))))

xoxo