Chapter 17

More Than Meets The Eye

 

CHAPTER 17.

 

Myungsoo felt his arms shiver as he waited for Sungyeol & Sungjong outside his lover’s house. He brought out his phone to look at the time and to check if they sent him a text explaining why they haven’t arrived yet. “Hmf.” Myungsoo breathed, clicking on his iPhone. He unlocked his phone and looked at his wallpaper which him & Sungyeol took after they were in good terms again. He smiled happily as he heard some footsteps approaching. His smile disappeared as he saw his boyfriend talking happily with another boy that’s neither him nor Sungjong. Sungyeol didn’t even notice that he was there. He felt his face turn red in anger as he breathed deeply. When they were close enough, Myungsoo faked a cough so Sungyeol would look up and even take note of his presence. Sungjong looked up first, giving him an apologetic smile. Sungyeol looked up too and his smile got bigger, much to Myungsoo’s delight. “Ya!” Sungyeol happily shouted as he ran and gave Myungsoo a hug. “Sorry we’re late.” He whispered into his ear.

Myungsoo felt some of his anger disappear as he felt Sungyeol’s warm embrace around him. He nodded, “What took you so long?” He wondered.

Sungyeol pulled back but kept a hand around Myungsoo’s. “I bumped into an old friend of mine.” He said, pointing to the boy next to Sungjong. “Myungsoo-ah, meet Dongjun.” Dongjun stepped forward and offered a hand to Myungsoo. Not wanting to be rude, Myungsoo shook his hand using his free one.

“Nice to meet you.” Myungsoo smiled. “I’m Myungsoo, Sungyeol’s boyfriend.” He added, a little louder on the ‘boyfriend’ part.

Dongjun nodded and smiled back at Myungsoo. “Yeah, he told me a lot about you.”

Myungsoo looked at Sungyeol and saw him smiling sweetly back at him. “Yeah, I sorta did.” He admitted, his cheeks turning red.

Myungsoo couldn’t help but chuckle at the sight in front of him. “Come on, we have to start the project.” Sungjong suddenly said.

Dongjun looked at Sungjong, adoring the boy. “Should I leave now?” He asked.

“You don’t have too, Dongjun-ah!” Sungyeol said, happily. “The more, the merrier right?”

Dongjun smiled again as he grabbed onto Sungyeol’s arm. “I miss Daeyeol.” He said as they marched inside, leaving Myungsoo & Sungjong outside.

Myungsoo turned his attention to the sky that just turned dark and cursed under his breath. “Why?” He murmured. Sungjong looked at him and felt his sadness. He somehow hated the way Sungyeol treated Myungsoo just now. “Hyung…” He said, taking slow steps towards the latter. “You’re hurt, huh?”

Myungsoo turned his head to him and nodded. “Why does he have to bump into him? I’m pretty sure I’m gonna lose Sungyeol again.” Myungsoo said with a sad tone.

Sungjong shook his head in disagreement. “Hyung, I know how much Sungyeol hyung loves you.” He said, placing an arm over his shoulder as the two entered the house. “You’re everything to him, Myungsoo hyung. Keep that in mind.” He said, cheering him up.

Myungsoo dragged his feet as they climbed the stairs and felt his chest becoming heavy as they stood infront of Sungyeol’s room. ‘Ya, Dongjun-ah! Stop it!!’ They heard Sungyeol chuckle from inside the room. ‘NOOOOOOO!’ Dongjun shouted back. Then that was it, Myungsoo sighed and leaned on the wall. “Why am I so jealous right now, Sungjong-ah.”

Sungjong nodded. “I know you’re sad, I know. But remember what I just said, hyung.” He said, dragging Myungsoo inside the room.

Sungyeol & Dongjun stopped playing and sat up on Sungyeol’s bed. “What happened?” Sungyeol asked in concern as he saw his lover’s sad expression.

Sungjong shook his head and sat next to Sungyeol as Myungsoo sat on the floor, right at the foot of the bed. “Myung~” Sungyeol said, crawling to where he was seated and knelt in front of him to make eye contact. “Come on, don’t be sad.” He said sweetly, caressing his cheeks.

Myungsoo avoided Sungyeol’s stare and closed his eyes. “Let’s just… do the project.” He said as he gritted his teeth and stood up to grab Sungjong’s wrist and pulled him down to the floor with him, totally avoiding Sungyeol.

“Myungsooooo~” Sungyeol whined. Dongjun stayed quiet as he sat in the bed, watching the scene in front of him. ‘Sungyeol, you’re really dumb huh? He’s jealous.’ Dongjun thought. ‘And he shouldn’t…’ His stare landed on Sungjong who was being dragged by Myungsoo. ‘I think I like Sungjong…’

 

When Sungyeol finally gave up and went back to his bed, thinking about what he did wrong, Myungsoo & Sungjong sat in front of Sungyeol’s desk, writing their paper.

We should learn how to trust someone, especially our significant other. We must learn that they will do everything for us since they treasure our feelings. I think being in love and finding ‘the one’ is a very happy thing and a very rare opportunity for someone. Sungjong wrote down when Myungsoo grabbed his pen and placed a big ‘x’ on the paper.

We should learn that trust means nothing even when you’re inlove. Take it from someone who gave his heart to someone special, having it broken and crushed is not the best feeling. Trust is important, but another thing that we forget is honesty & loyalty. Instead of creating lies that someone is just ‘a friend’, why don’t you just come out and admit it? Huh, Sungyeol? Why don’t you admit that you’re ready to forget about me and go lovey-dovey with that Dongjun guy?! Tell me, what is loyalty to you, Sungyeol-ah?! Myungsoo wrote down at the paper, almost crushing Sungjong’s pen and ripping the paper. Sungjong saw the anger in Myungsoo and grabbed both the paper and pen and placed it under the other papers they had prepared in front of them.

“HYUNG, GET IT TOGETHER.” He told him as Sungyeol looked on in concern.

Myungsoo looked at Sungyeol as their eyes locked but quickly looked away and glared at Sungjong. “I can’t. Not with that Dongjun here.”

Sungjong sighed and stood up, walking towards the bed where both Sungyeol & Dongjun where sitting awkwardly. “Hyung, can I talk to Dongjun for a minute?”

Sungyeol looked up, his eyes started to water. “If it can make Myungsoo happy again, then go.” He whispered. If he’s going to talk louder than that, he’s pretty sure he’s going to burst in tears. Myungsoo giving him the silent treatment wasn’t the best thing to happen.

“I’ll make sure things are better, hyung.” Sungjong promised as he grabbed Dongjun and stormed outside the house.

Dongjun was shocked at the latter’s movement and blushed when he felt Sungjong’s hand around his. “Ya, what happ—“ Dongjun said when Sungjong stopped in front of him. ‘He’s so pretty.’ Dongjun thought, blushing all over again.

“Listen.” Sungjong said, letting go of Dongjun as he crossed his arms over his chest. “You need to get away from us.” He said.

Dongjun felt sadness take over him. “No, I can’t.” He said, grabbing Sungjong by the wrist.

“Is this because you like Sungyeol hyung?!” Sungjong shrieked, shaking his head.

“Are you jealous?” Dongjun smirked.

“Dude, I’ve only known you for a few hours and look at what you did to my friends. Do you think that I’ll even like you because of that?! Did you even think that I like you?!” He said, his face turning red in anger.

“So, you don’t like me?” Dongjun asked, his grip on Sungjong getting tighter as he took a step closer.

Sungjong stepped closer too and lifted his chin up. “No.”

Dongjun snickered. “Then, I’m not leaving then.”

 

Sungyeol and Myungsoo watched as Sungjong dragged Dongjun outside the room. When Sungjong closed the door, Myungsoo dropped his head on the table.

………. Silence ……….

“Myung?” Sungyeol said, breaking the silence.

Nothing. Myungsoo didn’t lift his head and he didn’t even give an answer to Sungyeol.

“Myung…” Sungyeol repeated, louder.

Myungsoo grunted and sat up, turning his chair to face Sungyeol. “Yeah?”

“Why?” He asked, standing up only to sit back down on the chair next to Myungsoo.

“What?” Myungsoo asked.

“You hate me, do you?” Sungyeol whimpered, his head hanging low.

Myungsoo looked at the boy in front of him and saw something shining from his wrist. A tiny smile grew on his lips as he reached the bracelet, touching the charms that hung from it. Sungyeol also turned his attention to the bracelet. “I’m sorry.” Myungsoo whispered as the room went silent again.

Sungyeol’s head still hung low but he looked up and locked his stare with Myungsoo’s. “That didn’t answer my question, though.”

Myungsoo grabbed Sungyeol’s hand and squeezed it. “Jealousy. You know how it works.” He said, chuckling as he did so.

Sungyeol lifted his head up and smiled cheekily at Myungsoo. “You’re jealous of Dongjun?” He asked, chuckles coming out of his mouth.

Myungsoo pouted again. “It’s embarrassing.”

“No, it’s cute.” Sungyeol smiled and grabbed Myungsoo by the chin. “But, Myungsoo. Don’t ever do that to me. NEVER AGAIN!!” He said. Myungsoo only looked at him with a crooked smile on his face. “Don’t ever give me the silent treatment. I can’t stand it.” Sungyeol shook his head.

Myungsoo chuckled. “Just don’t make me jealous again, Sungyeol.” Myungsoo said, leaning in to give him a peck.

Sungyeol closed his eyes and enjoyed the feeling of having Myungsoo’s lips on top of his. When Myungsoo pulled back, he opened his eyes only to find his perfection a few inches away from the other’s face. Sungyeol hugged Myungsoo as they walked towards the bed and waited for Sungjong to come back.

 

Sungjong stumbled a few steps back. “What? You’re not leaving us? Come on, you’ve already hurt Myungsoo hyung. I can’t let you hurt Sungyeol hyung too.”

“I won’t hurt them. I didn’t even realize that I hurted Myungsoo.” Dongjun answered, obviously amused.

Sungjong shook his head, his eyes turning into lines. “You just don’t get it, do you?” Sungjong asked, cocking his head to the side.

Dongjun shook his head. “I don’t. The only thing I’m picking up from this little talk of ours is the way my heart skips faster when I stare into your eyes.” Dongjun said, making Sungjong blush.

“What?” He asked, his feelings a mix of anger & confusion.

Dongjun shook his head but kept a smug smile on his face. “Nothing.” He said, placing his hands on the pockets of his pants as he turned around and disappeared as he ran inside then ran back out a few seconds later. “See you tomorrow, Sungjongie.” He said sweetly as he ran.

Sungjong looked after him, still confused. “WHAT?!” He shouted, shaking his head when Myungsoo appeared from the door.

“Sungjong? The you shouting at?” Myungsoo asked, walking towards him as he threw Sungjong his bag. Sungjong shook his head. Myungsoo’s eyebrow scrunched together in confusion. “Oh-kay.” He said. “Come on, let’s go.” He said, patting Sungjong’s back.

Sungjong nodded slowly, taking in what just happened with Dongjun.

 

END.

A/N: Oh, this will be good. Hohohoho. <3 ZE:AFINITE, WTF. :””)