Byun Baekhyun

Be My Husband

Thanks for those who subscribed :) 


 

Byun Baekhyun was literally wriggling in his seat. He couldn't help it, he was so excited and all the cells in his body were also vibrating in their places, obviously as hyped as he was. 

 

"Calm down, Baek. It's not like the university is going elsewhere. We're almost there anyway."

 

Baekhyun turned to look at Kyungsoo, his bestfriend since he was seven years old, and gave him an exasperated look. "I can't help it, this is the moment that I've been waiting for my whole lifetime. Can you just please shut up and let me have my moment?" Baekhyun flinched in fright when Kyungsoo held up a hand, looking like he'd smack Baekhyun upside down in the head. It was not like Baekhyun was afraid of Kyungsoo, it was just his punches and smacks and kicks and flicks were so hard that you'd get bruises for five days straight.

"Sorry, sorry, I'll behave now." Baekhyun pouted the best he could, hoping that Kyungsoo would buy it and of course, though Kyungsoo always acted like he was the cold city guy (which he was), he'd be a total goner when it came to Baekhyun's pout. Meh, I know all your weaknesses, babysoo. Kyungsoo just rolled his eyes at that and looked outside the window, after ruffling Baekhyun's hair softly like he usually did and just like that, the rest of the bus ride went on in a comfortable silence. 

Just as the bus stopped at their destination, Baekhyun practically jumped up on his feet and went off the bus, leaving Kyungsoo behind to deal with his own bag and Baekhyun's bag. Baekhyun kept on bouncing on his feet in front of the university gate, too excited to start his new life as a student. Just as Kyungsoo stepped off the bus, Baekhyun grabbed his hand in a very tight grip and dragged him along with him towards where most of the students were heading to. Kyungsoo could just sigh at his bestfriend's behaviour, knowing a little bit too much on how Baekhyun could be when he's excited.

 

Someone need to tell this guy that it's not all rainbows and unicorns in university.

 

Baekhyun was so amazed when his gaze fell on the row of buildings in the university and he shook Kyungsoo's arms excitedly, receiving grunts from the latter. He had always been wanting to go to the university, to further his studies in Music (and of course with his bestfriend, Kyunggie) and to know how it felt to be adults, though he didn't really stay in the hostel (his and Kyungsoo's houses were just three stops away). 

Not wanting to waste any more times, Baekhyun went straight into the hall where new students were asked to gather at, which was already buzzing with mixed voices. When usually Baekhyun would feel irritated being in a too crowded place like that, today he was so happy to even care about the people. He actually couldn't wait to know these people that he'd be spending his 4 years with.

As Baekhyun kept on looking around, his eyes fell on the entrance door of the hall, where three new students were just walking in. Baekhyun's breath was caught in his throat at the sight of the three male students; all looking so handsome and so good-looking, with their tall height and broad shoulder and perfectly sculpted face. Though the three of them were all breathtaking, Baekhyun's eyes however were gravitated to the one guy in middle, who was the tallest and got very wide eyes (though not as wide as Kyungsoo's) and he also got the cutest pair of ears Baekhyun had ever seen.

 

"His ears.. so cute.."

 

"Huh, what did you say? Anyway, come on Baek. They're starting soon."

 

Baekhyun grunted when Kyungsoo dragged him away from the spot, making him lose his sight on the handsome elf-like man. He tried to stand on his tiptoes to look around for the male, but curse his short stature, he couldn't find the big-eared man. Ahh, and he is so cute too. I lost my chance already. Baekhyun didn't really register what the seniors were talking about, choosing to fidget around in his spot to try searching for the male. He moved around too much that Kyungsoo finally had to pull his ear to make him stop, earning a loud hissing from Baekhyun, which Kyungsoo just shrugged off like brushing off dusts. Baekhyun looked like a cute angry puppy anyway, no one would be scared of him. 

Baekhyun had almost given up in finding the tall man because even after the 45-minutes talk ended, he still couldn't catch the sight of the man. Not even his shadow! Feeling dejected that his love story had ended before it could even start, Baekhyun just let Kyungsoo dragged him to wherever they were needed to be after. Baekhyun thought he could hear something like 'ice breaking program' or something, but he couldn't care less. He would really appreciate it if they'd put him with the cute man in the same group, so that he could get to know him and maybe take him away and get married somewhere. 

 

I wish I can see him again.

 

I wish I can see him and know his name, know all his likes and dislikes and his fav- 

 

Wait, is that him?!!

 

Ohmygod, ohmygod, ohmygod, that's him! Thank you thank you thank you so much, I knew that I chose the right place to further my studies and this ice breaking program or whatever this is, is the best program to ever existed in this whole world and whole lifetime, i swear to God!

 

Baekhyun was smiling the whole time as he got to be in the same group as the taller. He just couldn't stop beaming wide at everyone and he hoped that everyone would not be freaked out by his wide smile. Even Kyungsoo was looking at him weirdly, asking him why he was smiling too much - which he just smiled even wider in reply. Kyungsoo shook his head, knowing better to not ask whatever that was being on Baekhyun's weird mind. 

The introduction session was started by the first female student, whose name was Seulgi from the Dance department. Baekhyun tried really hard to focus on the next students' introduction, but his mind and gaze kept on wandering towards the cute guy - who got two long legs, which were nicely clad in black ripped jeans. Baekhyun was busy fanboying over the said male in his head, that he didn't notice that it was his turn to talk. If it was not for Kyungsoo who nudged him hard in the ribs, he wouldn't have known where to hide his red face from this crush of him.

Baekhyun blushed a little bit at that but he quickly composed himself and smiled brightly, knowing that everyone could be charmed with his beautiful smile (everyone else's words, not Baekhyun's). Baekhyun looked at the faces there in his circle, trying to remember the other people (because he was so busy watching the cute guy since the start). He flashed a sweet smile once before clearing his throat,

 

"Hello, my name is Byun Baekhyun and I'm in the Music department. Nice to meet you all."

 

Baekhyun bowed once and his gaze automatically fell on the tall guy's face after, blushing a bit when they both made eye contact. Baekhyun quickly sat down on his seat again, deciding to pay attention to the other people present in his circle for once, (though one could see how he was obviously trying so hard to keep his eyes away from the cute guy).

Baekhyun felt his heart rate increasing because finally, it was the time for him to get to know the cute guy's name. He pressed his feet hard to the floor, as an attempt to avoid himself from wriggling both his feet in excitement. Baekhyun bit his lower lip hard to hide his smile when the tall guy (Baekhyun swore his legs were endless) stood up and clearing his throat before he started talking.

 

"Hi, my name is Park Chanyeol."

 

, no one warned me about the deep voice this baby-faced man has!

 

"I'm from the Music department. You guys can just call me -"

 

"Yoda!"

 

Baekhyun had a mind to slap his own hand on his potty mouth, but what came out of his mouth was the truth! He was an avid fan of Star Wars and Yoda was his favourite character. And of course, the first thing that came across his mind when he saw a handsome man with cute ears like that would be the name of his favourite character! 

The cute guy Chanyeol was so good-looking, and his ears were so cute sticking out like that. Baekhyun couldn't help but to think of Yoda, fairy, elf and all kind of cute fairytale creatures when he saw Chanyeol. And what more if Chanyeol wore caps? Oh my, his ears would definitely stick out more and he would be even cuter like that!

 

Gosh, I cant wait to see him in caps! I hope he like to wear caps and hats please please please please

 

"Huh?"

 

Baekhyun's brows furrowed when he saw the way Chanyeol was gaping at him, looking so lost and is he blushing? Oh yes, he is! Look at how his whole face and neck become red, oh my God, he is so cute! And his ears are so red, I can't! Baekhyun managed to hold in his squeals and settled in a wide smile, determined to let Chanyeol know that he really adored his cute ears.

 

"Ears. Your ears remind me of Yoda."

 

Baekhyun was so busy spazzing over Chanyeol that he didn't even realize everyone in the circle was laughing and that Chanyeol was getting redder as times passed by. The thought that he might be embarrassing Chanyeol or that he might be humiliating Chanyeol didn't even cross his mind because he was just trying to get it across Chanyeol that he admired his cute ears so much.

 

And won't it be more special if we have nicknames for each other? Oh my, I'm such a genius!

 

"Your ears are the cutest, I swear. I can call you Yoda, right?"

 

Baekhyun blinked when he thought that he saw Chanyeol was glaring at him. Ah, it can't be, right? He was just looking at me. Yes, he is just looking at my cute face, I'm sure of it. Baekhyun smiled back at Chanyeol, and only then he noticed that everyone was laughing. He totally forgot about everyone else just now because he had been so focused on Chanyeol. But why was everyone laughing?

Baekhyun jumped in his seat when Chanyeol suddenly turned around and crashed into his seat before running away from their circle and straight out of the hall. Baekhyun tried to call for Chanyeol, even his tanned friend (Jongin, was it?) and the bored-looking one (who still didn't get to introduce himself) tried to call Chanyeol, which was to no avail.

 

"Why did you guys laugh? I'm saying the truth, his ears are the cutest!"

 

Baekhyun whined when everyone was still laughing, even after Chanyeol ran away. At his words, all the laughter died and everyone was looking at him with wide eyes. 

 

"You were serious? Weren't you just joking?"

 

Baekhyun glared at the -faced guy (who later they got to know was named Sehun) and crossed his arms on his chest. "What do you take me for? Why would I joke about things like that anyway? I was serious!" Baekhyun huffed in annoyance and gave stink eyes at Kyungsoo, who also joined in laughing at Chanyeol earlier. He didn't expect Kyungsoo to also be so mean laughing at the guy earlier, he felt so betrayed right now. 

 

"Damn, so you were serious!" 

 

The Jongin guy low-whistled at that, looking at Sehun, who just looking back at Jongin while shrugging his shoulders. Baekhyun looked at all the people there, who had fallen into an awkward silence, feeling on edge (and soft) at Baekhyun's pout and his so-called glare. Baekhyun huffed once before he sat straight in his chair, trying to look serious with a frown on his face and glaring hard at everyone, (which only made some coo at his cuteness).

 

"The only one that can call Park Chanyeol Yoda is me. I don't want to hear anyone calling him that. Copy that?"

 

Baekhyun smirked in satisfaction when everyone just nodded their heads, agreeing to whatever Baekhyun was saying while Kyungsoo was just looking at Baekhyun with a tilt of his head and a raise of his left eyebrow, giving him a look that screamed a loud 'Seriously??'. Baekhyun just flashed a sweet smile at Kyungsoo, showing the latter that he was being so serious about it. Kyungsoo could just sigh and shook his head, earning amused looks from others who were watching the two bestfriends' interaction.

 

 

Chanyeol is my Yoda, no one can take him away from me. 

 

 

Oh my Yoda, I like you so much!

 

 

 

Poor Baekhyun didn't even realise that his so called Yoda was cursing him inside out right at the moment.

 

 

 


The next chapter will be a real (and longer than this 2k words) chapter

Hope you enjoy this ;)