Holiday pt 3

Be My Husband

Sorry that my lazy had taken too long to update but here it is


 

 

Chanyeol swore that his heart had never felt that amount of hurt and shock – the moment Baekhyun slapped his hand away and rejected him.

 

That was why Chanyeol sighed in relief when the moment he woke up the next day; Baekhyun was once again in his arms, snoring slightly. If it was a normal day, Chanyeol would have pulled away as fast as he realized that he was being tangled with Baekhyun like that. However, he couldn’t bring himself to do that today because oddly, he craved for Baekhyun’s contact. He needed to touch Baekhyun because he didn’t want to feel crappy like he felt yesterday. Even when he thought back to that incident, he felt his stomach dropped because he remembered how Baekhyun looked so cold when he swatted his hand away.

Chanyeol inhaled a deep breath as he observed Baekhyun’s peaceful sleeping face – looking at the fluttering of his closed eyelids, the way he occasionally scrunched his nose and that slightly opened red, thin lips. He couldn’t deny that Baekhyun was very beautiful and Chanyeol didn’t know why he didn’t see this from way back then.

When Chanyeol saw Baekhyun fluttering his eyes open, blinking in daze for a while as to get rid of his drowsiness, Chanyeol had somehow expected Baekhyun to push him away again like how he did, but Chanyeol was in for a shock when Baekhyun just gazed up at him with a smile and he nuzzled his face into Chanyeol’s chest once before he went down the bed and got ready for the day.

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol had thought that Baekhyun was not aware of what he did this morning - that maybe he was too laced with sleep that he unconsciously snuggled closer to Chanyeol when the day before he was mad at Chanyeol. However, Baekhyun had stayed smiling and being cheerful that morning, talking to everyone like nothing of the accident yesterday happened at all. He didn’t really talk to Chanyeol but he still stayed close to the giant, not even avoiding nor shying away from Chanyeol.

 

This surely didn't baffle only Chanyeol, but also everyone else since they all saw how pissed off Baekhyun was yesterday.

 

But seeing that he was okay now, that's enough for all of them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun felt so much better after he had had the talk with his own mind and as he stared at Chanyeol sleeping soundly last night, with their hands clasped together in between their bodies, Baekhyun had set his mind to never let anyone came in his way to Chanyeol’s heart. It didn’t matter that Chanyeol maybe didn’t like him - Baekhyun was sure he would soon. Well, no one could resist Baekhyun - that's a fact.

 

And when he opened his eyes this morning only to be met with Chanyeol’s broad chest, Baekhyun heart had soared up so high that Baekhyun felt like flying. He had nuzzled his face into Chanyeol’s clothed chest, feeling like he was caressed with the soft and fluffy clouds and Baekhyun was even more positive that he would be very much fine - that he would succeed in getting Chanyeol’s heart.

 

 

Baekhyun would succeed.

 

Baekhyun would get Chanyeol’s heart.

 

Baekhyun would make Chanyeol fall for him.

 

No one will get into Baekhyun’s way.

 

No one will ever get into Baekhyun’s way.

 

No one will ever ever get into Baekhyun’s way.

 

 

NO ONE WILL GET INTO MY WAY! THIS B*TCH! SHE'S SERIOUSLY GONNA GET IT FROM ME!

 

 

They all had reached an outdoor café for brunch (since most of them woke up late), where there were tables for 4 scattered on the white beach sand looking out to the beach. Since there were 6 of them, the workers of the cafe had helped them to put two tables together, so that they could all sit together. Luhan and Sehun had taken their seats at a side while Jongin and Kyungsoo had sat down at the other side, so that left Baekhyun and Chanyeol to sit across each other with empty seats beside them.

 

It was all peaceful, serene, calm and undisturbed - with all of them broke out into small talks and they were even laughing at Jongin’s and Sehun’s playful banter - until a figure loomed over their table, making them all stopped in their talking and looked up to the newcomer.

 

Baekhyun in a deep breath as he tried to keep on the smile on his face, to not lose his cool and to not shout out curses to that someone. Baekhyun didn't realize it but the others (except Chanyeol) were also holding their breaths when they noticed that the person who had come up to their table was the woman from yesterday and they surely didn't want to see Baekhyun losing his cool once again.

 

"Hi. Chanyeol, right?"

 

Baekhyun almost rolled his eyes when the girl's hand lingered on Chanyeol’s shoulder, asking with her high pitched voice. Baekhyun was very sure that the girl was just faking it - no one could forget Chanyeol, anyway. Chanyeol, on the other hand, furrowed his eyebrows as he looked up at the girl, looking very much confused at the sight of the long-haired girl.

 

Baekhyun and the others swore that they tried hard to not laugh at the woman's dark expression but Baekhyun was positive that he heard a snort coming from Sehun or Luhan (or maybe himself, who knows?).

 

Well, sorry but the hot guy seems like he doesn’t remember you. Hah, serves you right, woman!

 

"I'm Hyori.. We met at the beach yesterday.. The life jacket.. Remember?"

 

Chanyeol’s mouth fell open when he finally remembered who the girl was - he really didn't remember who she was because his mind was full with the thoughts of Baekhyun since yesterday. He smiled a little and nodded, "Ah yes, Hyori-ssi." There was an awkward silence for a split moment before Chanyeol decided to introduce the others to the newcomer.

 

"Oh, these are my friends.." Baekhyun raised an eyebrow at Chanyeol’s statement because so I'm also just your friend?? But Chanyeol didn't notice that as he pointed everyone out to Hyori. "This is Jongin and at the end is Kyungsoo...” Chanyeol motioned for Jongin and Kyungsoo at his side, "... And that blonde guy is Sehun and his boyfriend, Luhan...” Sehun nodded a little in acknowledgement while Luhan waved with a hostile smile to Hyori.

 

"And lastly, this is my...” Chanyeol halted his words when his gaze fell on Baekhyun, looking like he was contemplating on something - maybe on what Baekhyun’s status was. Baekhyun almost narrowed his eyes at Chanyeol but because Baekhyun had decided to handle this matter wisely, he subtly rolled his eyes at Chanyeol and blinked up at the girl, plastering on his most charming smile on his face.

 

"I'm Baekhyun." Baekhyun reached out his hand for a handshake and when Hyori slipped her hand in his, Baekhyun lifted himself up a little to leave a kiss on Hyori's hand, like a gentleman he was. "Nice to meet you, beautiful." Baekhyun took a glance on Hyori's face from under his lashes and he couldn't hold back his smirk when he saw her cheeks pinked at that.

 

Baekhyun was sure that almost everyone at the table was gasping at his act but he didn't care.

 

 

 

 

"What the.. Is that really Baekhyun?"

 

"Shh, Sehun. Just watch the drama, you won't get this anywhere else."

 

 

 

"Um, Kyungsoo.. Is Baekhyun okay?"

 

"..."

 

"O..kay.."

 

 

 

 

Hyori smiled bashfully at Baekhyun’s gesture because Chanyeol’s friends were all very good-looking and it was extremely nice to get attention like this. But still, Chanyeol was the most attractive out of them all and she would still choose the tall male out of everyone there, no matter what happened. She tucked her hair behind her ear after Baekhyun released her hand and bit her lower lip as she turned to look at Chanyeol again (obviously wanting his attention).

 

"Um, can I sit here? My friends are all busy and I don't want to eat alone."

 

Chanyeol was still looking at Baekhyun, who was now sipping on his hot chocolate with a mischievous glint in his eyes. Chanyeol was shocked that the smaller would outright flirt with other woman in front of him. That was totally unexpected because first, Baekhyun is gay and second, he's Chanyeol's.. Chanyeol’s husband, for God's sake.

 

And doesn’t he always say he likes me? He has been chasing me since freshmen year, right? So what the hell was that just now? Are there ways to kill someone without getting caught? Should I throw this flirty girl in the sea? Trick her onto a boat and drown her? Ask her to go surfing and push her off her board? Well, no one will know, right? Oh I know, should I bury her in the sand? Hm, that sounds good. Maybe i'll do-

 

"Chanyeol? Can I?"

 

Baekhyun scoffed inwardly at Hyori's question because there were five other people at the table but still the girl wanted to ask only Chanyeol like how more obvious can she be?? Baekhyun glanced from the corner of his eyes when Chanyeol snapped out of his trance and Baekhyun noticed that when Chanyeol nodded, he was looking at Baekhyun with undefined gaze and he looked so stiff like something was wrong.

 

But Hyori of course didn't notice how Chanyeol looked stiff right now and she beamed as she pulled the chair beside Chanyeol, straight away trying to make a conversation with the giant. The rest had lost interest by now, not wanting to get involved with the drama. Baekhyun tried, he really tried to not look at Chanyeol and Hyori and tried to involve with Jongin’s and Kyungsoo’s conversation but his eyes would spontaneously gravitated to the two;

 

Where Hyori was talking cutely (well, at least she tried to) and Chanyeol just nodding to whatever she was saying.

 

 

 

“Hm guys, I think Sehun and I will take our leave first.”

 

Baekhyun snapped his head towards Luhan and saw the oldest smiling guiltily at him before nudging Sehun on his ribcage.

 

“Ah yes, there’s shops over there that we want to go to. Hm,.. you want to go there too, right Jongin?”

 

Jongin perked up when his name was mentioned by Sehun, and the tanned male blinked in his spot, trying to find things to say. Sehun hissed and signaled with his eyes for Jongin to just agree with whatever he was saying and seeing that, Jongin quickly nodded.

 

“Yes, yes, I do. And even Kyungsoo promised to accompany me, right Soo?”

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened at Jongin’s sudden words (and the nickname because it’s the first time Jongin use it) and he looked lost for a second. The owl-eyed guy made eye contact with Jongin and raising his eyebrow in disbelief, because as much as he remembered, he never made any promise to the guy. Jongin just offered him a not-so-convincing smile at the elder and tugged on Kyungsoo’s shirt in a childish way, hoping that Kyungsoo would cooperate.

 

Baekhyun narrowed his eyes and glared at Luhan, knowing that it all those were just excuses and nothing of them were true. Chanyeol and Hyori were both oblivious to this, thinking that they were saying the truth but Baekhyun knew that it wasn’t even close to the truth. He knew that all of them just want to flee away from the scene and Baekhyun wouldn’t allow that to happen.

 

“Well.. yes, I did promise him that.”

 

Baekhyun snapped his gaze away from Luhan to stare at Kyungsoo with a betrayed expression because among all of them, Kyungsoo was the one that he believed the most and to have him betraying him like this…

 

Baekhyun swore his lips quivered a bit as he looked at the shrug Kyungsoo was giving him.

 

“Well, excuse us. We’ll get going first. Enjoy your meal.”

 

Luhan quickly scrambled up and pulled Sehun up with him before patting Baekhyun once on his head as an apology. Baekhyun almost hissed at that but he held it in because Baekhyun didn’t lose his cool in front of people (yeah right, like yesterday never happened). Jongin and Kyungsoo then got up too – Jongin sporting an apologetic smile on his face while Kyungsoo just looked uninterested with everything – and then, they were both gone.

 

“Well, that means it will be only us then.”

 

Hyori exclaimed excitedly as she beamed at Chanyeol and Baekhyun, which Baekhyun tried really hard to force out a smile to her.

 

I’ll kill them all, just wait and see.

 

---

 

“Why would you do that, hyung? Baekhyun will surely kill us after this.”

 

Luhan shrugged his shoulders at Jongin’s question, not knowing the answer himself. “I don’t know, but I think it’s better for them to deal with the drama themselves.” Sehun chuckled at Luhan’s answer and he wrapped an arm around Luhan’s neck, pulling his boyfriend closer to him.

 

“But seriously, that girl really seems persistent, huh? It’s the first time I see someone likes Chanyeol hyung that much and only now I know that Chanyeol hyung is a very dense guy.”

 

Jongin laughed hard at what Sehun said because it couldn’t have be worded better than that. Chanyeol was truly dense; towards others’ feelings and also, his own feelings. Jongin could just shake his head when he thought back to that friend of his.

 

“They sure make a good drama, right? A love triangle between two guys and a girl, except instead of fighting for the girl, it tells us about a fight for a guy. Haha, funny.”

 

Sehun broke out into a laugh at the things he said and when he looked at Luhan, expecting the elder to laugh along with him but it turned out that he was not even laughing. Luhan was looking at Kyungsoo like something was up and when Sehun turned to look at Jongin, the guy too was glancing at Kyungsoo.

 

Sehun felt a sense of déjà vu since he was sure that something like this happened back in the kitchen too – where Jongin and Luhan were looking at Kyungsoo like they knew something that Sehun didn’t.

 

“Sehun-ah look, there are really shops here! Let’s go and take a look.”

 

Before Sehun could say anything, Luhan had dragged him by his hand towards the directions of the shops and they left Jongin and Kyungsoo alone there in an awkward silence. Jongin glanced at Kyungsoo, trying to figure out what was the male thinking since he was being so quiet since they left their table. And added with what Sehun said just now that Hyori and Baekhyun were fighting over Chanyeol, it surely meant that Baekhyun liked Chanyeol - Jongin didn’t know what to expect.

 

Was Kyungsoo hurt? But no matter how I look at him, he looks pretty much calm. His eyes.. they don’t look hard like how they usually look when Baekhyun and Chanyeol were mentioned.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

Kyungsoo turned his face to look up at Jongin and he raised an eyebrow in question. “Of course I’m okay. Why would I not be okay?”

 

“Nothing. It’s just that you look..” Jongin pursed his lips at Kyungsoo’s question and he tilted his head as he tried to form the words in his head. “..unaffected by all this. Not like you usually did.”

 

Kyungsoo smiled (that came out as a small smirk) at Jongin’s answer. He was amazed in Jongin’s observation skill because Kyungsoo was sure that he was always careful in his actions. It kinda baffled him that someone that's not close to him – a stranger – could read him like that. Not even Baekhyun – his best friend – could see through him like that.

 

Not that Baekhyun was bad, but Kyungsoo was the one that wanted to hide his feelings. Maybe that was why Baekhyun didn’t notice him.

 

“Well, maybe it’s because I really am not affected by this matter.”

 

Jongin’s eyes widened in shock at Kyungsoo’s nonchalant answer and he could only watch as Kyungsoo walking away from him. He stood there, blinking and trying to process what Kyungsoo meant by his words. He’s unaffected.. meaning he is trying to move on, right? Right? And when he finally got a grasp on it, Jongin wasted no time as he ran to catch up with Kyungsoo.

 

“So, I do have a chance, right?”

 

Jongin tilted his head as he looked at Kyungsoo with a cute smile on his face when he caught up with the smaller male. Kyungsoo glanced at the tanned male beside him and he looked back to the front, trying to navigate where they’re heading because Jongin was obviously not doing it.

 

“What chance, Jongin?”

 

Kyungsoo asked off-handedly as he pulled Jongin closer to him when the guy almost bumped into someone. Jongin just said a soft ‘sorry’ over his shoulder to that person and right away looking at Kyungsoo again.

 

“A chance for a spot in your heart too.”

 

Kyungsoo halted in his track when Jongin uttered the words and he snapped his head to look up at the taller, his eyes wide and unblinking. Kyungsoo was not shocked by Jongin’s words since Jongin was not being subtle when he flirted with Kyungsoo all this while. Well, he even gave Kyungsoo a blue rose back during the dance festival – that was totally not being subtle.

Kyungsoo gulped the lump in his throat as he look at Jongin’s smiling and hopeful face. Kyungsoo might be trying to move on from Baekhyun, he might want to try to accept the fact that Baekhyun wouldn’t be his. But it doesn’t mean that Kyungsoo could open his heart to anyone soon. And he didn’t know when he could do that – opening his heart to someone and forgetting Baekhyun. It might take a really long time and it’s not fair for Jongin.

 

“Sorry, Jongin. But I don’t think I can give you that chance. The door to my heart.. it might be closed for a really long time.”

 

Jongin chuckled as he looked down at Kyungsoo, taking in his beautiful face and heart-shaped lips and his wide eyes. Jongin didn’t really care, he didn’t care if it take a long time to wait because he found himself didn’t mind it at all.

 

“But it still means that the door to your heart will eventually be opened.” Jongin offered Kyungsoo a sincere smile as he stepped closer to him. “And when that time comes..” The tanned guy then put a hand on Kyungsoo’s heart, tapping it lightly. “..I’ll be the first to knock on it.”

 

Kyungsoo took in a deep breath at Jongin’s words. He tried to shrug it off as a joke but Jongin’s sparkling and sincere eyes didn’t give him a chance to do so. Kyungsoo knew that Jongin meant his every word and he had to admit that his heart skipped a beat at that.

 

“We’ll just wait and see, then.”

 

 

---

 

 

Baekhyun was already aware that Hyori was now trying to hog Chanyeol’s attention all to herself, talking about all sorts of things, only to Chanyeol and leaving him out of it. And Baekhyun could see that she was doing just fine since Chanyeol was just nodding to whatever she said while eating. The brunette had promised to himself that he wouldn't lose Chanyeol to anyone and he wouldn’t back off without a fight, so with that mindset in mind, Baekhyun propped his chin on his palm and put on his most charming smile towards Hyori as he asked her.

 

"Hyori-ssi, I see that you are so beautiful."

 

Hyori stopped talking to Chanyeol when Baekhyun suddenly spoke and she blushed slightly. Baekhyun noticed from the corner of his eyes that Chanyeol had stiffened up and stopped eating, now seriously focusing on Baekhyun and Hyori. Hyori fixed her bangs to a side and nodded her head bashfully, saying a small thanks to Baekhyun. Baekhyun couldn't deny that the girl was a cutie and that she looked pretty being by Chanyeol’s side but sorry, Chanyeol is still mine!

 

 

It's better for you to talk to me instead of Chanyeol, Hyori-ssi. Flirt with me instead. Don't flirt with my husband, you witch!

 

 

Though he was cursing the girl in his mind, Baekhyun still got a dashing smile on his face, a smile that he once used in middle school to flirt with girls (he still didn't know that he swing the other way at that time). "So, with a face as pretty as yours, don't you have a boyfriend?" so you don't have to flirt with mine.

 

Baekhyun tilted his head curiously at Hyori (without knowing that he looked extremely cute like that, in Chanyeol’s eyes) and raised an eyebrow when Hyori not-so-subtly glanced at Chanyeol with a flirtatious smile plastered on her face before she looked at Baekhyun again. "Well, as of now, I don't have a boyfriend but who knows.." Hyori trailed off and glanced at Chanyeol once again, "..maybe soon I will."

 

Baekhyun clenched his hands in response to that because he perfectly understood what she meant. Yes, he could understand it very very very well. Baekhyun tried to let out a smile (though it came out crookedly) and he could feel his nails marking his palms so he reached for his cup of hot chocolate, holding the cup with his left hand and taking a spoon with his right hand, stirring his drink to calm himself down.

 

Baekhyun noticed that Hyori would leave light touches on Chanyeol’s arm when she talked and light caress on Chanyeol’s shoulder when she laughed. And it made Baekhyun’s heart ache badly, so so so bad. He could just watch as he stirred his drink, studying how Hyori giggled lightly (Baekhyun didn't even know what's so funny) and how she leant slightly towards Chanyeol, how her long hair swaying and brushing on Chanyeol’s shoulder and how her chest brushing on Chanyeol's upper arm as she was leaning too close to the giant.

 

But yeah, Park Chanyeol was being extremely oblivious.

 

Too young, too dumb to realize what the hell was happening right now.

 

Baekhyun didn’t realize that he was stirring the spoon in his cup a little bit too loudly, but no one noticed anyway. Hyori was too busy flirting with Chanyeol and Chanyeol too just kept on eating and being oblivious to the world. No one cared about Baekhyun anyway, so he could just do anything he wanted.

His blood was boiling right now and he could feel the jealousy smothering from his insides, making him want to do all sorts of things to the pair in front of him. Hyori was now crossing the border, touching Chanyeol as she liked, and not even Baekhyun – Chanyeol’s husband, had ever being all over the giant like that.

Baekhyun bit his lower lip and his breathing got a little bit faster and heavier as he watched the two with narrowed eyes, feeling the rage accumulated in his heart and without him knowing, his hand had stirred his drink faster.

 

And out of the blue, some of Baekhyun’s hot chocolate splashed towards Hyori's direction, without Baekhyun himself knowing it, staining her white summer dress with chocolate. (It might seemed ridiculous to attack someone across you like that but you know, when there’s a will, there’s a way heh.) Hyori let out a surprised yelp at that and both Baekhyun and Chanyeol gasped when they noticed what happened.

 

It was seriously not his intention to do that to Hyori, though it was a very pleasant surprise to Baekhyun.

 

 

"Oh my, I'm so sorry, Hyori-ssi. I.. It was an accident."

 

Baekhyun quickly took a tissue and offered it to Hyori, which the girl just smiled bitterly and took it to try to minimize the damage. Baekhyun noticed how Hyori's face darkened and her smile seemed forced for a moment but she quickly hid it with a shake of her head. "Ah no, it's fine. Things happened." Seeing that she couldn't really wiped the stain away, Chanyeol took a napkin with the intention to help and he tried to dab the stain but when he noticed that it was near Hyori's chest, Chanyeol blushed slightly before handing the napkin to Hyori herself.

 

And this interaction of course didn't escape Baekhyun’s sharp eyes and the brunette felt his blood boil because of course, his plan just had to backfire.

 

 

"I'm sorry, Hyori-ssi. I'll be more careful next time."

 

 

"It's okay, Baekhyun-ssi. I'll go back to the hotel afterwards anyway."

 

 

Baekhyun flashed Hyori a guilty smile and the girl replied with a small smile of hers, though Baekhyun could see that she looked a little different from before. Maybe she finally got what Baekhyun was trying to tell her, maybe she finally got the message from Baekhyun to stay away from Chanyeol because after what happened, she was more forward with her touches on Chanyeol’s arm and shoulder, talking with a more high-pitched voice and more aegyo in her actions.

 

Baekhyun grunted under his breath, getting more annoyed and he averted his gaze away from the two and decided to just play with his phone. He scoffed a bit when his notifications were full of messages from Luhan, Sehun and Jongin, asking for his forgiveness because of what they had done. And there was one from Kyungsoo asking Baekhyun to behave, because he knew that Baekhyun liked to do things without thinking too much.

 

Pft, it’s too late, Kyungsoo. It had been done.

 

Baekhyun continued reading the texts and he really wanted to be angry with his new friends but as he looked at all the emojis and cute texts, he ended up smiling a bit. And Luhan too had promised to help him getting closer with Chanyeol after, so he guessed that it’s enough to forgive them all.

 

Baekhyun tried hard to ignore it – he played games on his phone and he even tried to see news about his favourite band EXO - but the woman was just testing his patience. Hyori kept on doing things to rile Baekhyun up (asking to eat some of Chanyeol’s breakfast and tasting his drink, trying to act like couples and all) and the midget was seriously thinking on why he hadn’t left the two yet. Oh yeah, I need to make sure that she won’t jump on my husband. Baekhyun pursed his lips as he tried to act like he didn’t care and kept on fumbling on his phone.

 

However, he had had enough of the constant and not-so-subtle touching to Chanyeol and he wouldn’t tolerate it anymore. He wouldn’t.

 

Baekhyun wanted to cut off her hands and he would. That’s it if he could.

 

The brunette squint his eyes as he saw Hyori getting even closer to Chanyeol, and that Chanyeol was not even affected with it. Baekhyun was so annoyed because Chanyeol is my husband. Only I can touch him like that. Only I can get that close to him. Only I can hug and kiss and flirt with him. Not you, not anyone else. Chanyeol’s mine!

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol was trying to hold it in. No, he didn’t have anything against women but seriously, the one reason that he was more attracted to guys was because guys didn’t cling. They were independent and didn’t try to smother others or clung or do whatever annoying things like women would like to do.

 

Like right now.

 

Hyori was almost clinging onto him and Chanyeol didn’t like it even one bit. But to push her away, Chanyeol didn’t have the heart to do that.

 

And it’s better for her to cling to me, instead of her doing this to Baekhyun. That guy had kissed her hand just now, who knows if she suddenly likes Baekhyun and tries to flirt with him? What if she forced herself on Baekhyun or whatever? And why the heck did the midget do that? Why was he flirting with her? Why???

 

The giant was pulled out of his thoughts when out of a blue; there were caresses on his legs. Chanyeol stiffened up and he looked up from his food (he had been eating instead of listening to Hyori’s babblings just now) to look at Baekhyun.

 

Chanyeol was sure that it was Baekhyun; that it was Baekhyun’s foot that was now softly rubbing on his calf and legs. Chanyeol gulped hard and peered up at Baekhyun’s face, only to find him watching Hyori intently, not even blinking once.

 

What the-?? Does he want to play footsie with Hyori? Like seriously?? He.. Oh my, I can’t believe this! Why would he try to play footsie with her? He likes Hyori? Baekhyun likes Hyori? Oh no, no, no. Baekhyun said he likes me… right?

 

Chanyeol’s inner thoughts were interrupted when Baekhyun unconsciously brushed his toes on Chanyeol’s ankle, making Chanyeol gripping the fork in his hand tighter. Chanyeol fought back the whimper that almost came out of his mouth and he gulped the lump in his throat, willing himself to calm down.

 

But how could he when Baekhyun was rubbing his feet on Chanyeol’s so sensually like this??

 

Baekhyun’s feet were now hiking up Chanyeol’s leg higher and Chanyeol was extremely aware of how soft Baekhyun’s feet were (and he was sure that they were too soft for a man’s) and he could feel the sand that maybe got stuck on his leg from Baekhyun’s feet. When Baekhyun once again brushed against Chanyeol’s calf, that was when Chanyeol finally exploded and let out a whimper (almost like a moan), pulling everyone’s attention to him.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun was not aware of what he was doing. He was just looking at Hyori talking, while stabbing the girl in his mind with ten different knives and also imagining the girl being eaten by sharks or drowning in the sea. So yeah, he really didn’t aware of what he was doing – of where his feet were being right now.

 

The only thing that he knew was that, Chanyeol was his and Hyori got no right to hold and brush and touch Chanyeol like that because Chanyeol was Baekhyun’s.

 

Baekhyun finally snapped his head towards Chanyeol when the giant suddenly let out a choked up sound and Baekhyun’s eyes widened when he noticed that Chanyeol was looking at him with heavy gaze, piercing straight into his heart.

 

Baekhyun ignored the loud thumping of his heart because Chanyeol’s stare was so sharp and Baekhyun now had finally noticed that his right foot was casually placed on Chanyeol’s leg and he could feel the taller’s leg hair under his sole.

 

“What’s wrong, Chanyeol-ssi? Are you okay?”

 

Baekhyun blinked when Hyori’s question was asked and he quickly moved to retract his leg from Chanyeol’s because why did I do that? Did my leg automatically go there or what? Oh my god, what did I just do?

 

However, he didn’t get to pull his leg back because right after, Chanyeol had trapped Baekhyun’s leg in between his long ones, his eyes never leaving Baekhyun. “No, nothing happened. I’m okay.”

 

Baekhyun gulped and he burrowed his eyebrows as he tried to pull his leg back but to no avail. Hyori just nodded at Chanyeol’s answer and for once, she was just eating her food silently. Too silent to be normal but Baekhyun couldn't mind her as he tried to tug his leg away from Chanyeol. Baekhyun frowned as he struggled against Chanyeol but Chanyeol just tilted his head with a small smirk at the corner of his lips, enjoying Baekhyun’s misery.

 

Baekhyun attempted to fight Chanyeol stronger but with Hyori not talking and filling the silence, it was hard to do so since Baekhyun didn’t want her to notice what was happening under the table. So, he just slumped down his shoulders in his seat and sent Chanyeol a weak glare, where the giant just replied with a subtle smirk.

 

 

 

They stayed like that for the rest of their brunch and Baekhyun was sure that he didn’t blush when Chanyeol playfully brushed Baekhyun’s toes with his own. No, he totally didn’t blush at all.

 

 

 

 

 

Unbeknown to them, someone actually knew what was happening. And that someone was not amused at all.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

Since they got nothing to do that evening, Sehun had once again proposed for a swim. Baekhyun was ecstatic because that meant he could play in the water once again and maybe he could ask Jongin and Kyungsoo to teach him how to swim again.

 

“Why are you so happy? It’s not like you can swim, anyway.”

 

Baekhyun stopped in his track when he heard the deep voice from his left. Everyone seemed to not notice the two since they kept on walking towards the beach, talking to each other loudly like they were meters apart. Baekhyun turned his head to his left and looked up at Chanyeol with a scowl, irritated with his words.

 

“Well, I can learn from Kyungsoo and Jongin and Sehun and Luhan too. So, what’s the problem?”

 

Chanyeol let out a mocking chuckle, annoying Baekhyun further. Baekhyun’s scowl deepened at that and with a huff, he pushed Chanyeol’s chest, almost sending the taller stumbling back before he walked away. Chanyeol was taken aback by Baekhyun’s move but he couldn’t help the chuckle from coming out of his mouth and wasted no time in catching up with Baekhyun.

 

“You’ll never learn how to swim. You are too slow.”

 

Baekhyun bit his lower lip in annoyance and snapped his head to look at Chanyeol, who was now already beside him, catching up to Baekhyun easily with his long legs. Baekhyun narrowed his eyes as he scrutinized Chanyeol. The giant was getting more annoying now and Baekhyun somehow wanted the Chanyeol from before, the one that was the one annoyed by Baekhyun and not the one being annoying. But again, this was nice too – having Chanyeol joking around with him, though he could really tone down the teasing.

 

“I’m not slow, Park Chanyeol and I will surely learn how to swim in no time. Watch me.”

 

Chanyeol shrugged with a teasing smile on his face and he leant down closer to Baekhyun’s left ear, “I’ll wait for it, Park Baekhyun.”

 

Baekhyun didn’t want to admit it but he really shuddered as Chanyeol whispered the words to him and he could only blink dumbly as he watched Chanyeol walked away to catch up with Sehun and Luhan, leaving Baekhyun there dumbfounded.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Baekhyun, here.”

 

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow at Luhan as the doe-eyed male gave him the bottle of sunblock. “But, I’ve applied it back at the house.” Luhan smiled and took Baekhyun’s hand in his with his palm upward before he put the bottle in Baekhyun’s hand. “I know, but Chanyeol still haven’t put it on. So, go and help him.”

 

Baekhyun’s eyes widened at Luhan’s instruction and he opened his mouth to protest but Luhan had held him on his shoulders and turned him around, giving him a perfect view of Chanyeol’s flexed back muscle as the taller pulled off his shirt. Baekhyun unconsciously gulped at the magnificent view and he was frozen on the spot, but Luhan was not having any of it so he pushed Baekhyun towards Chanyeol’s direction.

 

“Go Baekhyun, this is your chance. The rest and I will be in the water first. Bye.”

 

Baekhyun could hear Luhan’s footsteps walking away from him but he couldn’t see him because his gaze was transfixed on Chanyeol’s broad and slightly tanned back, making Baekhyun’s heart beat faster. Shaking his head to push off any dirty thoughts away, Baekhyun took a deep breath and took a step forward towards Chanyeol when suddenly a hand held onto his arm.

 

Baekhyun snapped his head to the right and he was shocked to be met with Hyori in bikini and a white see-through shirt on top, looking very beautiful and y like that. She looked so small and lithe and wonderful with her wavy long hair pulled into a messy bun and her light make up, further pulling out her natural beauty. Baekhyun was sure that the girl could attract anyone to her, and maybe Chanyeol too.

 

The girl beamed at Baekhyun and squeezed his arm once, “Hey, Baekhyun. Mind if I join you guys?”

 

The brunette pursed his thin lips as he tried to search an excuse to refuse because yes, I mind it, I mind it very much but he couldn’t find any so he was left blinking there like a fool. Hyori too didn’t really seem like she was waiting for an answer because her eyes trailed down to Baekhyun’s hand and noticed the sunblock.

 

“Oh, do you want me to help you with that? Or..” The girl looked up and she smiled even wider when she saw Chanyeol standing a few meters away from them both. “.. You wanted to give it to Chanyeol, right? Let me do it.”

 

Baekhyun didn’t even have the time to say anything because Hyori just snatched the bottle away with a smile (that seemed not really sincere and too forced) and sashayed her way towards Chanyeol.

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol scratched his head in confusion as he searched through the mountain of towels and shirts. Jongin had told him that Luhan brought sunblock with him but he couldn’t find it anywhere. Chanyeol straightened up and decided to just go into the water like that (though he knew he would about the sunburn later) when suddenly someone offered him the bottle over his shoulder.

 

The giant was shocked and turned around, only to be met with Hyori smiling sweetly at him with the sunblock in her hand. “Looking for this?” Hyori tilted her head, some of the strands of her bangs falling over her eyes while beaming widely. “Baekhyun asked me to pass this to you.”

 

Chanyeol looked up when Hyori gestured with her thumb over her shoulder and his eyes met with Baekhyun’s – seeing how Baekhyun was watching them both with a tight expression, his eyes became sharp and unfriendly. Even with the distance between them, Chanyeol could feel the shiver ran down his spine at the intensity of Baekhyun’s stare and the memory of Baekhyun pushing him away came rushing back, making Chanyeol feel all choked up.

 

“Do you need me to help you put this on?”

 

Chanyeol jumped a bit at the question and he finally could avert his gaze away from Baekhyun and he looked down to look at Hyori, who was now opening the bottle and pouring some of the sunblock cream on her left palm.

 

“Ah no, I can do it myself.”

 

Chanyeol quickly snatched the bottle away from Hyori’s hand and smiled awkwardly at her before stepping away. However he didn’t get to get far since Hyori suddenly held his arm with her right hand, stepping closer and shortening the distance that Chanyeol had created just now.

 

“But you can’t reach your back. Let me help you.”

 

Hyori flashed him a sweet smile and she reached out to splay her hand on Chanyeol’s chest, taking the giant aback since he just realized that he was already shirtless. And the contact gave him shiver, making him gulped because first, he surely wanted to get away from this creature called female and second, he could feel someone burning a hole through his forehead now. Chanyeol looked up towards Baekhyun’s direction and true to his intuition; Baekhyun was now glaring daggers at him and Hyori.

And though Chanyeol didn’t want to hurt Hyori, he didn’t want to hurt Baekhyun even more so putting up his defense, Chanyeol stepped away from Hyori and pushed her hand away from his chest, noticing how she looked shocked (and maybe hurt too, Chanyeol didn’t know).

 

“B-Baekhyun.. Baekhyun can help me. T-Thanks and bye, Hyori.”

 

Chanyeol offered Hyori a small, awkward and guilty smile as he nodded slightly and quickly making his way to Baekhyun, who was now already looked like he was walking away.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun couldn’t take it anymore.

 

He knew that Hyori was trying to get Chanyeol and he could see now how persistent this girl was. But how could he stop her when even Chanyeol didn’t try to?

 

Look at him; frozen on the spot just because the woman touches him on his arm! He must be giggling inside right now since that bitc- woman offered to help him. Okay fine, I don’t care! It’s not like he likes me anyway. He married me just because of our parents, I know that much. So yeah, whatever! I don’t care! You can go to her if you want then!

 

Baekhyun huffed and turned around, wanting to maybe go and drown himself in the sea so that he wouldn’t have to deal with this drama and the ache in his heart anymore. Baekhyun clutched his shirt, right above his chest and sniffled once, No, I’m not going to cry over this.. this silly thing. I’ll just go and enjoy myself. Yeah, I’ll do that.

 

Right after he had taken four steps forward, someone had pulled Baekhyun back by holding onto his right arm, making Baekhyun’s back collide with something hard and warm as he stumbled back. Baekhyun snapped his head back over his shoulder and his eyes widened when he was met with Chanyeol’s face, just millimeters away. It didn’t help that his arm was held tight in Chanyeol’s big hand and Chanyeol was freaking shirtless!!

 

“Help me to put this on.”

 

Baekhyun blinked in surprise, still trying to focus on what Chanyeol was saying since he was pretty distracted by the giant’s body (it’s the first time he saw him shirtless, anyway) and when he finally comprehended what was happening, Baekhyun pulled away from Chanyeol as fast as he could, raising his eyebrows as he turned to face the taller.

 

“What? Why would I?” Baekhyun huffed and crossed his arms on his chest as he looked over Chanyeol’s shoulder, towards Hyori who was watching them two with a dark face from a distance. “You got Hyori, right?” Baekhyun pointed his chin towards the girl and glanced at Chanyeol from the corner of his eyes. “Why don’t you ask her for help?”

 

Chanyeol frowned at Baekhyun’s words and hostility. He narrowed his eyes as he observed how close off Baekhyun was being, too different from how the bright guy used to be. And Chanyeol had noticed that he would become like this whenever Hyori was around – starting from the evening where he had pushed Chanyeol away, to the whole hot chocolate incident earlier at their brunch, and now this. Chanyeol felt his lips twitched when he finally realized what this was all about. He couldn’t believe that he took this much time to see what actually the deal was.

Chanyeol took a step towards Baekhyun and the midget instinctively took a step back, glaring up at Chanyeol as a sign to not take any step closer to him. Chanyeol smirked a bit as he saw how defensive Baekhyun was being right now and he leaned down a bit, so that his face was leveled with Baekhyun’s.

 

“Are you being jealous right now?”

 

Baekhyun was taken aback by what Chanyeol was saying and he blinked a while before he faked out a scoff to cover up his fluster. “W-What are you saying? Pft, don’t just say something ridiculous like that.” Baekhyun uncrossed his arms from his chest and looked away from Chanyeol, “W-Why would I be j-jealous?”

Chanyeol tilted his head to peer at Baekhyun’s eyes but the midget kept running his gaze away from Chanyeol, obviously avoiding eye contact. Chanyeol straightened up again with a small teasing smile plastered on his face.

 

“Well, if you say so. I guess I’ll just go back to Hyori and ask her to help me then.”

 

Baekhyun snapped his head towards Chanyeol and saw that the male was already turning around to go to Hyori (who was still watching them intently with her arms crossed on her chest) and out of instinct, Baekhyun tugged on Chanyeol’s arm, stopping the taller male. Chanyeol looked back at Baekhyun with a raised eyebrow and faking a curious expression.

 

“Yes?”

 

“I.. I’ll h-help you. I’ll do it. Don’t go to her.”

 

Baekhyun felt his cheeks got warmer after what he said and he was sure his face was in deep red by now but to hell with it. He just didn’t want Chanyeol to walk away from him, moreover if he was going to leave Baekhyun to go to that girl. No, absolutely not.

 

Chanyeol couldn’t hide the smile after what he heard from Baekhyun’s mouth and the warmth from Baekhyun’s hand on his arm felt oddly comforting. He didn’t know why but it felt so nice to have Baekhyun being jealous over a girl like this. Because that meant.. He likes me, right?

 

“Then, here you go. Faster, I want to go and swim already.”

 

Baekhyun glanced at the bottle in Chanyeol’s hand and snatched it away, squirting some onto his palm and gave it back to Chanyeol for the giant to hold. Baekhyun took a step closer to Chanyeol, his face directly leveled with Chanyeol’s neck and shirtless, slightly tanned, muscled body. Baekhyun gulped as he glanced at Chanyeol’s chest and his heart skipped a beat when it dawned on him that he actually had to touch Chanyeol’s body and felt his skin under his own palm.

 

Chanyeol looked down at Baekhyun with a smug smile on his face, opening his arms a bit. “Well, I’m waiting.”

 

Baekhyun looked up into Chanyeol’s eyes and took a deep breath as he slowly reached his hand out to apply the sunblock on Chanyeol’s chest. Chanyeol didn’t want to lie but he somehow was anticipating Baekhyun’s hands on him – don’t ask him, he didn’t know why he wanted that.  However, before he could touch Chanyeol, Baekhyun looked up at the taller with a frown on his face, making Chanyeol almost pouted in disappointment. Almost.

 

“You actually can put this on yourself. Why do you even need me?”

 

Baekhyun grunted in annoyance and narrowed his eyes at Chanyeol. Chanyeol’s lips twitched a bit because Baekhyun was being so cute right now and he just felt like he wanted to squish him. Wait, what? Chanyeol shook those thoughts away and tilted his head as he answered Baekhyun.

 

“Sadly, I can’t reach my back so that’s why I need you.”

 

Baekhyun’s frown deepened at that and he huffed once, “Then, turn around!” The midget pulled Chanyeol’s arm and turned the taller around so that Chanyeol’s back was facing him. Chanyeol was shocked at first but he smiled when he heard Baekhyun grumbling something under his breath, about Chanyeol being a giant doofus that loves to make me annoyed or something close to that.

Baekhyun took a deep breath as he finally applied the sunblock across Chanyeol’s broad shoulder blades and his spine, internally screaming and wheezing when his hands finally came in contact with Chanyeol’s back. Baekhyun’s heart was pounding really hard as he softly ran his hands softly across Chanyeol’s back, feeling the warmth and smoothness of Chanyeol’s skin with his own hands.

Chanyeol in a deep breath as he felt Baekhyun’s nimble fingers skimming on his skin, so softly and delicately. Chanyeol could feel how cold Baekhyun’s fingers were being right now, despite the hot weather. Baekhyun continued to splay the lotion on Chanyeol’s back, the feeling of his fingers leaving Chanyeol’s skin tingling and Chanyeol couldn’t help but to imagine Baekhyun’s smooth hands and slender fingers on other place, wrapped perfectly around Chanyeol’s d-

 

What the heck, Chanyeol?!! Get a grip!!!

 

Baekhyun swore that his heart would really jump out of his chest if he was to touch Chanyeol even for a minute longer. Having your crush’s back right in front of you was totally not healthy – you could even die at a young age if it happened. Baekhyun had been fighting with his inner fanboy self since he madly wanted to just plant his face on Chanyeol’s back right now and hugged him close and maybe also feeling him up.

Seeing that his thoughts had now become disarrayed and bordering a dangerous line, Baekhyun made sure that he hadn’t left a spot untouched and when he deemed that it was okay, he purposely pushed Chanyeol hard once, surprising the taller male. Chanyeol yelped at the unexpected push and turned around, ready to get angry to Baekhyun but he stopped when he noticed how red Baekhyun was being right now.

 

“I’m done. Do the rest yourself.”

 

Chanyeol didn’t get to say anything as Baekhyun walked away without a word, striding towards the sea without turning back to look at Chanyeol anymore. Chanyeol chuckled as he looked at Baekhyun’s back, unconscious of the wide smile he had plastered on his face.

 

“Cute.”

 

 

 

 

Hyori stomped her feet and clicked her tongue in annoyance as he watched Chanyeol walking away to catch up with Baekhyun, totally forgetting her there. She had had her doubts since brunch already, because no matter how she saw it, she could only deduce that Baekhyun liked Chanyeol – all the glares from Baekhyun to her and even the chocolate incident. Since Luhan and Sehun were an item, so she knew that the group didn’t mind homouals. And by seeing how Baekhyun had acted, she could tell right away that Baekhyun had a crush on Chanyeol.

But she was sure that Chanyeol was straight or maybe a bi. He just didn’t show any interest at Baekhyun, or so she thought. But she noticed what happened under the table during brunch – yes, they were both not being so discreet anyway – and with the scene that those two showed her just now, maybe Chanyeol liked Baekhyun too.

 

No, Chanyeol did like Baekhyun. She could see it.

 

But it doesn’t mean I’ll back off. Heh.

 

Hyori smirked as she observed the group of handsome guys playing with each other in the water, sure on what she was going to do from now on. She was startled a bit when her phone suddenly went off and when she saw the caller, her smirk widened and she quickly turned away to go back to her hotel, ready to plan her next move.

 

---

 

Baekhyun laughed as he watched Luhan and Sehun splashing water to each other while Jongin trying to get Kyungsoo to play together with them. Baekhyun was still clad in his shirt and shorts, standing just in knee-depth since he still couldn’t swim and he really wasn’t that brave to go to the deeper part of the sea. He wanted to go in deeper but decided to not to and just enjoyed others playing around.

The brunette was busy laughing as he watched Luhan tackling Sehun into the water when something fluffy under the water brushed his leg, making him shriek out loud before falling down on his . Baekhyun spluttered when the salt water splashed onto his face and cringed when some even got into his mouth. The small male was still in shock having to suddenly be soaked into the water - his shirt and shorts were totally drenched by now - when he heard the annoying laugh coming just from his right.

Baekhyun snapped his head towards the direction of the laugh and he narrowed his eyes when he was met with Chanyeol unattractively slapping the water, laughing with his whole body at Baekhyun’s funny reaction just now.

 

“Pft hahahaha you looked so funny just now. You.. hahaha.. you shrieked like a girl!”

 

Baekhyun finally realized that the fluffy thing just now was just Chanyeol’s hair since the giant just crept up to him from underwater. Baekhyun hissed in annoyance as he watched Chanyeol still laughing at him. Feeling irked, the brunette wiped the water off his face and without further ado, he lunged towards Chanyeol’s direction and attacked the taller by splashing the water nonstop towards him. Baekhyun laughed hard as he watched Chanyeol struggling to fight off the water and when he finally couldn’t take it anymore, Chanyeol held up both his hands.

 

“Okay fine, I’m sorry. I’m sorry, now stop it!”

 

Baekhyun stopped assaulting Chanyeol with his water attack when the giant kept on saying sorry and he then plopped down back into the water, panting as he tried to catch his breath back. Chanyeol too was out of breath and his breath came out in short puffs as he sat with his arms supporting him from behind while his legs stretched out in front of him, enjoying the waves hitting his shirtless body.

Baekhyun couldn’t help but to glance at Chanyeol as the taller chuckled at something Jongin and Sehun had done. The midget felt his heart thumped faster as he heard Chanyeol’s deep chuckles and how his eyes crinkled as he laughed. Baekhyun smiled when he noticed Chanyeol’s ear sticking out more since his hair was wet and matted down to his head.

 

Hehe, cute.

 

“Why are you here?”

 

Baekhyun was pulled out of his trance at Chanyeol’s sudden question. “What?” He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, not knowing what Chanyeol meant with his question. Chanyeol glanced at him with a smile on his face and he then stood up, honoring Baekhyun with his magnificent and wet body that made the smaller averted his gaze away with a faint blush on his cheeks. Chanyeol smirked as he noticed how affected Baekhyun was with his body.

Baekhyun was caught off guard when his wrist was suddenly yanked up by Chanyeol’s bigger hand, pulling him up to stand also. Chanyeol jerked his eyebrow teasingly once as he started to walk deeper into the water, his hold tight on Baekhyun’s wrist as he pulled the midget along with him.

 

“You said to me that you’ll show me that you can swim. So, why not now?”

 

Baekhyun’s eyes widened as he finally got what Chanyeol was trying to do. Without thinking much, Baekhyun quickly tried to pull his wrist out of Chanyeol’s hold but of course, it was to no avail since Chanyeol just tightened his grip further but not to the point of hurting Baekhyun.

 

“No, no, no! Let me go, yoda! I don’t want to!”

 

Chanyeol just ignore Baekhyun’s tantrum as he kept on dragging the smaller against the waves, passing by their friends who were just watching them both with amused eyes. Baekhyun freaked out even more when the water now had reached their chests and Baekhyun was sure Chanyeol was trying to pull him even deeper.

 

“No, Chanyeol! Chanyeol, stop!”

 

Baekhyun tugged hard on Chanyeol’s hand but the giant just looked back at him with a smirk on his face before continuing walking even deeper into the water. “Kyungsoo-ah, save me! Luhan hyungggg, stop him!” Baekhyun flailed around and tried to reach out for the other guys but what he got was Sehun and Jongin laughing like mad men at him while Luhan and Kyungsoo just looked at him with a sympathetic expression on their faces, without trying to do anything.

Baekhyun was busy cursing the guys in his head when he noticed that the sea water was now reaching his chin and several steps further, he wouldn’t get to make himself stayed afloat. Baekhyun yelped in surprise when a particular wave bumped into him and on instinct, he grabbed Chanyeol’s arm for support, making him almost clinging on the taller’s arm as he walked on his tip toes.

 

“Ah ah Chanyeol, stop! Stop, please! I don’t know how to swim yet, you yoda!”

 

Chanyeol turned his whole body around and walked backwards now as he watched Baekhyun panicking, enjoying the terror look on Baekhyun’s face and Baekhyun’s tight grip on his arm. “Well, you’re the one who told me that you’ll show me how you swim.”

 

Baekhyun shook his head rapidly, almost in tears as he looked up at Chanyeol’s smirking face. “No, please, let’s go back to the shore.”

 

Chanyeol’s heart twinge as he looked at Baekhyun’s red and teary eyes. He didn’t mean to make Baekhyun cry, he just wanted to a bit. But of course, he went overboard again with his joke. The giant then decided that he was going to stop so he stepped closer to Baekhyun, wanting to bring the smaller back to the shore but before he could, a hard wave crashed into him from behind.

Baekhyun felt his heart beat faster when the wave came onto them and instinctively, he threw himself onto Chanyeol, wrapping his arms around the taller’s neck and his legs around Chanyeol’s waist tightly. He planted his face onto Chanyeol’s neck as he held onto him, afraid that he might fall and drown in the water.

Chanyeol was lucky that he had fast reflex or else, both him and Baekhyun must have fallen into the water. The moment Baekhyun threw himself at him, Chanyeol had quickly wrapped his arms around Baekhyun’s waist, securing the brunette tight in his arms and planting his feet further into the sand so that they wouldn’t get swayed with the waves. He could feel how fast Baekhyun was breathing right now, feeling the hot puffs of air being breathed onto the crook of his neck. Baekhyun’s heartbeats were also being really fast right now and Chanyeol was sure his was just as fast.

 

“Hey, hey, I got you. Don’t worry.”

 

Chanyeol rubbed his right hand on Baekhyun’s back as his left hand was supporting Baekhyun’s bottom. He then threaded his fingers in between Baekhyun’s locks and waited until the small male calmed down. After some time of just being like that in the deep water, Baekhyun finally pulled his face away from Chanyeol’s neck, his cheeks in deep red as he bit his lower lip.

 

“You meanie! Why the did you do that? Do you know how scared I am?” Chanyeol was surprised when without notice, Baekhyun started hitting him with his left hand - on his chest and arm and shoulder - even though he was still clinging tight onto Chanyeol with his right hand. “And why are we still here? Go to the shore faster! I don’t want to drown here!”

 

Chanyeol cringed a bit when Baekhyun hitting his chest a little bit hard and couldn’t stand it any further, Chanyeol quickly grab Baekhyun’s hand with his own, stopping the hits altogether. Baekhyun was startled when Chanyeol pulled on his hand, making him fall forward a bit and resulting their faces to be only inches apart, their noses almost touching. Baekhyun blinked when his senses were now just filled with Park Chanyeol, rendering him speechless and not knowing what to do.

Chanyeol felt his heart skipped a bit as he stared into Baekhyun’s droopy eyes, feeling like he was into the depth of Baekhyun’s brown eyes. Chanyeol released Baekhyun’s hand from his slowly, making Baekhyun’s hand fell onto his shoulder again, the heavy weight on his shoulder feeling strangely comfortable. The giant was sure that he was out of his mind when he cupped Baekhyun’s left cheek tenderly, feeling the smoothness of Baekhyun’s skin under his palm.

 

“Hey, relax. I got you. I will never let you drown and I will never let you go.”

 

Baekhyun gulped as he felt his heart beating louder at Chanyeol’s words that he automatically gripped Chanyeol’s shoulder tighter. Chanyeol’s eyes now were so earnest, the way he whispered the words so honestly – breathy and raw with his deep voice – Baekhyun could feel himself falling in love over and over again. And the feel of Chanyeol’s big hand on his face, cradling him like he was a fine china doll just made everything around him feel stuffy and his heart ached so much with want.

 

Please, don’t let me go. I don’t want my heart to fall after you’ve made it soared this high. Please Chanyeol, don’t break my heart.

 

Though Baekhyun knew, that Chanyeol meant nothing with what he said. Baekhyun knew, Chanyeol would never love Baekhyun like how Baekhyun loved him.

 

Chanyeol didn’t know what made him say that to Baekhyun. But one thing he knew, that he meant every word he said. Be it now or even in the future, he would never let Baekhyun go. He would always hold onto the smaller, even if Baekhyun didn’t want him to. Chanyeol had never felt this way – his heart was beating so loud and he was seeing Baekhyun in a different light, making his heart ache and throb. He just had this strong urge to always have Baekhyun in his arms, to never let him go.

 

Do I really like this midget?

 

“Oi lovebirds, are you guys still not finished there?! Come up now!”

 

Their eye contact was broken when Jongin suddenly shouted for them to go up as the others had started preparing to leave. Baekhyun averted his gaze away from Chanyeol and turned to look at Jongin who was waving for them to notice him. Chanyeol held up a hand to signal Jongin that they were coming before tightening his hold around Baekhyun’s waist again.

 

“Hold on tight.”

 

Baekhyun could feel his cheeks reddened as he nodded and wrapped his arms around Chanyeol’s neck, feeling Chanyeol’s skin under his arm. He was glad that he at least got a shirt on his body because he didn’t know whether he could stand it or not if their bodies came in contact. He didn’t even notice all these things before because he was so scared but now that the adrenaline had cooled down, Baekhyun had become hyperaware of Chanyeol’s muscled body and his guns.

Chanyeol smiled softly as he felt Baekhyun holding him tight and he could feel Baekhyun’s heartbeats, which had started to beat faster again against his chest. Not wanting to torture that husband of his any longer, Chanyeol walked towards their friends who had been waiting for them quickly but still being careful since he didn’t want to lose his hold on Baekhyun. When the water reached Chanyeol’s waist, only then he carefully put Baekhyun down.

 

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you.”

 

Baekhyun looked up in surprised when Chanyeol apologized softly to him. He was bewildered since as far as he remembered, Chanyeol would never speak this softly and gently to him. What more to apologize to him – to Baekhyun. Flabbergasted, Baekhyun just nodded once and after Chanyeol had seen it, he also replied with a smile of his own, making Baekhyun’s heart thumping fast.

 

H-he.. he smiled. P-Park Chanyeol s-smiled at me. T-That was a first. It was always a smirk, never a smile like this. Oh my God, Park Chanyeol smiled at me!

 

Baekhyun was too stunned that he was frozen in the middle of the sea that he could only watch as Chanyeol walked away from him. Baekhyun brought a hand to his clutch at his chest as he felt his heart swelled in glee and delight, making him feel so full and content that he couldn’t stop the wide smile on his face.

 

“Baekhyun!”

 

The midget snapped out of his trance when Kyungsoo called for him. He looked up and noticed that everyone, including Chanyeol had been standing on the shore with their own towels on their shoulders and were just waiting for him. He shook his head to throw off the smile that he had on his face and without wasting any time, he quickly strode through the water to his friends.

 

 

And husband.

 


 

asdfjlfhlkjhgd im truly sorry for not updating for so long

and everyone, let's go kokobop!

dont forget to stream on melon (if you can) & youtube 

and vote for exo on soribada