Holiday pt 2

Be My Husband

Thanks for subscribing :) 


 

"Guys, I found something interesting to do."

 

Luhan bounced into the living room and plopped himself down on Sehun’s lap. They were now in the living room; Sehun and Jongin were on the couch holding joystick each as they played the PS4, Baekhyun was leaning against the couch with a forgotten magazine in his hands as he kept on watching the maknaes played, Chanyeol was lying on the left couch, fumbling around with his phone while Kyungsoo was in the kitchen. The owl-eyed guy had just walked away a moment before Luhan came in before, maybe to have a drink.

Baekhyun looked up at the oldest who was making himself comfortable on Sehun and raised his eyebrow in question while Sehun and Jongin just hummed, eyes still on their game. Luhan just ignored the two maknaes who were busy playing the game and looked at Baekhyun, the only one who was paying attention to him. "Well, I found out that there're actually water sports activities done nearby." Jongin cursed suddenly when his character was shot but he then asked, "What are the activities?"

Luhan paused a moment as he seemed to be thinking about the activities. "Hm there's the banana boat thingy, jet ski and parasailing, if I'm not mistaken." Luhan turned to wrap his arms around Sehun’s neck, jutting his lower lip as he bounced on the younger excitedly. "Let's go, let's go, let's go!" Sehun just laughed at Luhan’s cuteness, aware of the older's cute acts even though his hands were still busy pressing down the buttons on the joystick. "Okay, call!" Luhan shouted a loud 'yes!' when Sehun agreed and soon, Jongin agreed too, saying that he never tried any of the activities.

Baekhyun blinked as he thought about it. Well, it sounded exciting but the problem was, Baekhyun couldn't swim. And he didn't really want to offer himself to his own doom. Luhan seemed to notice his hesitance and reached down to pat Baekhyun’s shoulder, "Hey, it's safe. They got guards for the activities and of course, we're here to save you too if anything happened. Aren't I right, Chanyeol?"

Chanyeol flinched when his name was suddenly mentioned and he put down his phone, glancing at the worried looking Baekhyun. It was clear the midget wanted to join but he was afraid to. "Yes, Luhan’s right." Chanyeol just grunted out the reply nonchalantly, but Baekhyun seemed to be relieved when he heard Chanyeol’s answer because he nodded his head rapidly after, his excitement shown through his wide rectangular smile.

 

"I'll go and tell Kyungsoo now."

 

Chanyeol watched from the corner of his eyes as Baekhyun walked away to the kitchen, skipping on his way there. He noticed that the older still seemed to avoid him after the whole crying scene the first night they were there. The taller knew that he was just feeling conscious because of his breakdown before so Chanyeol didn't really mind Baekhyun's quietness (though he preferred the loud Baekhyun). The real problem was on how should he apologize to Kyungsoo for his rudeness yesterday morning. Because of his bluntness, they had gone from just glaring at each other to complete avoidance now. Chanyeol was sure that by now, everyone could already sense the heavy tension between them.

 

You asked for it, Chanyeol! So man up and admit your fault!

 

 

 

Baekhyun stopped at the kitchen door as he saw Kyungsoo was busy preparing fruit juice in a jug for all of them. Baekhyun bit his lower lip as he observed Kyungsoo. He noticed that his bestfriend was awfully quiet since yesterday morning. He talked and played with Baekhyun and everyone else, but when Chanyeol was in the vicinity, the owl-eyed guy would automatically stayed silent and had this tight look on his face.

Baekhyun also noticed that Chanyeol too was being weird; he didn't really say anything to Baekhyun and when he was not talking to anyone, he would seem to be in a deep thinking, eyebrows scrunched like he was thinking about his existence on this world or something like that.

 

Just what the hell is wrong with these two?

 

Sighing softly, Baekhyun slowly crept up behind Kyungsoo, wanting to play around and surprise the slightly shorter male. He tiptoed as he walked to Kyungsoo, his footsteps didn't make any sound at all and he stretched his hands out to slam them on Kyungsoo’s shoulder, cackling evilly inside his head at his own plan.

 

"What do you want, Baekhyun?"

 

Baekhyun almost tripped when Kyungsoo suddenly said that, shocked that Kyungsoo (once again) had caught him before he could surprise the male. "Ugh. You're no fun." Baekhyun whined as he went and leant his hip sideway against the counter, watching Kyungsoo doing his work. "How do you even know? It's always like that.. I couldn't even surprise you!"

 

"I just know Baekhyun. You are not exactly quiet anyway."

 

Kyungsoo chuckled out the words as Baekhyun pouted, huffing his cheeks in annoyance. They stayed quiet for a while, the only sound was coming from the juice blender. Baekhyun thought for a while whether he should ask Kyungsoo or not about his sudden evasiveness to Chanyeol and before he backed out from it, Baekhyun decided to just go through with it because surely Kyungsoo wouldn't mind it.

 

Kyungsoo was his bestfriend, they shared everything with each other.

 

"So.... Soo, why are you being so quiet since yesterday morning?"

 

Baekhyun saw Kyungsoo stiffened in his action for a while before he quickly covered it with a chuckle that Baekhyun thought that he had imagined it. "What do you mean that I'm being quiet? I'm perfectly fine. I'm talking to you, aren't I?"

 

Baekhyun clicked his tongue as he crossed his arms on his chest, "You know what I meant, Soo." Kyungsoo looked up from the drink he was making and blinked at Baekhyun, before he smiled widely. "Nothing, Baek. Seriously." Baekhyun squinted his eyes as he tried to search for Kyungsoo’s eyes and after seeing that he might be saying the truth, Baekhyun decided to just let it go.

 

"Okay, whatever you say."

 

Baekhyun tapped his foot on the tiled floor as he waited for Kyungsoo to finish making the drink. He took the glass that Kyungsoo was handing him before he remembered why he was coming to the kitchen the first place. "Ah, Luhan hyung said he wanted to go and played the banana boat thingy. You'll join, right?" Kyungsoo put the jug and some mugs on a tray, lifting the tray up in his hand to be brought to others. "Of course, Baek." He then walked back to the front with Baekhyun following him from behind, talking about how Kyungsoo need to protect him and save him if he fell into the sea and all.

 

---

 

Chanyeol was walking behind again as he kept on watching Baekhyun playing and joking around with Jongin and Kyungsoo. Sehun and Luhan were just huddling close as they walked to the beach, whispering things into each other ears with Luhan pinching Sehun once in a while. Chanyeol somehow had imagined the scene with him and Baekhyun in it when he saw the two, and he felt that.. It wasn't that bad if it happened.

 

Wait, what? Get a grip, Chanyeol!

 

Chanyeol had spent most of his times (after returning from the beach, up into the night - that Baekhyun kept looking at him weird because he was so unresponsive - and until right now) thinking about what Sehun had said to him, trying to find out his own feeling. Chanyeol was his own man - he very much knew what was going on in his life and he perfectly knew how he felt most of the times. Thus, he was sure that he would know if he liked someone but after the talk with Sehun, he was not so sure anymore.

 

But it can't be. I wouldn't have liked Baekhyun. He's just annoying most of the times, how could I like him?

 

Chanyeol looked at the brunette walking far in front of him, that was laughing with his loud laugh - a perfect 'hahaha' coming out of his mouth - and that was totally not what Chanyeol was searching in a partner. But his heart started to beat faster at the sight of the laughing male anyway. Baekhyun skipped in his steps, looking so excited to try the banana boat though as far as Chanyeol remembered, the guy couldn't even swim. Chanyeol sighed at the hopeless male. Looked like he needed to watch the smaller even more carefully because we all knew that the midget was a magnet to disaster, really.

Right after Chanyeol thought about it, Baekhyun had tripped on something (or maybe his slipper got stuck in the sand) and he almost fell but thanks to Jongin’s and Kyungsoo’s fast reaction, he was saved by the two's hold on his both arms. Chanyeol could hear Jongin 'tsk'ing at the supposed older male and Chanyeol found himself doing the same.

 

Totally not my type.

 

Out of the blue, Kyungsoo had crouched down as something got stuck under his slipper, so he was left behind by Jongin and Baekhyun, who now seemed to be talking about LOL, like the true gamers they were. As Chanyeol was nearing the owl-eyed guy, he was hit full speed by his conscience - forcing himself to apologize on what he had told the guy yesterday. Chanyeol rubbed his face with his hands, dreading to do that because sorry Mr Conscience, Mr Ego won't let me do that and me too, don't want to do that but of course, his conscience won because it was just a ing badass like that.

 

"Kyungsoo."

 

Without himself even realising it, Chanyeol had put a hand on Kyungsoo’s shoulder - who was just standing up from his crouching pose - making the smaller flinched slightly. Kyungsoo looked up at Chanyeol, a frown started to appear on his face at the sight. "What?" It came out in a curt, but Chanyeol had expected that since he was not really nice to Kyungsoo. Okay, he was a jerk but hey, im trying to apologize here!

 

"I want to talk to you. Um, about yesterday."

 

Kyungsoo shrugged Chanyeol’s hand off his shoulder as he averted his gaze away, jaw clenched hard. "What about it? Are you going to say things to me again? Well, you can save it because I.."

 

"I'm sorry."

 

"..don't.. What?!"

 

Kyungsoo’s already wide eyes widened even more as they flickered back to Chanyeol’s brown ones, his eyebrow raised in shock. Chanyeol groaned slightly under his breath because had said it once, why must I repeat it again??? Chanyeol his lips and looked down at Kyungsoo, trying hard to force the words out his mouth again. "I'm.. I'm sorry." He groaned as he looked away, mumbling under his breath. "There, I've said it so don't make me repeat that again."

Kyungsoo was looking at Chanyeol with a very shocked face, one that was almost comical though he quickly composed himself again to his usual stoic face, not wanting to show how he was taken aback with the sudden apology from Chanyeol. Though, he thought that it was really brave for the giant to actually apologize to him because Kyungsoo knew how big Chanyeol's ego was. Kyungsoo cleared his throat and looked at their friends, who magically still haven't noticed that him and Chanyeol were still behind, before he looked at Chanyeol again.

 

The words Chanyeol had said to him yesterday, they were so mean. And Kyungsoo couldn't just let them go away with a simple sorry like that. But he didn't want to drag this problem or competition or whatever it was between them further, so he thought that maybe he could accept the sorry from Chanyeol.

Truth to be told, deep down in his heart, Kyungsoo knew that he couldn't win Baekhyun’s heart no matter what, whether Chanyeol was in the picture or not because Baekhyun definitely saw him as his bestfriend only. Everyone saw that. Kyungsoo saw it too.

And Kyungsoo would try to move on, though it wouldn't be easy. It would never be easy because this feeling he had, it existed since years before and to forget Baekhyun in a day, that would be impossible. However, Kyungsoo was willing to try and he had to, no matter what and no matter how.

 

"To be honest, Chanyeol, I.. I can't just forget what you said yesterday." Kyungsoo held up a hand when Chanyeol tried to say something, effectively shutting the other up. "But I accept your apology, because I'm trying to make things easier between.." Kyungsoo pointed a finger between them, "..us." The smaller looked up at Chanyeol and he hated how tall the giant was, because he knew that Baekhyun always like his men tall.

 

Chanyeol opened his mouth once again and waited for Kyungsoo to stop him but nothing came, so he deemed it was his turn to talk now. "Look, Kyungsoo. I didn't know why exactly I said that to you yesterday, but after some thinkings, I realised that it might be because of the fact that you had punched me once before and maybe because of that incident, I hold some kind of grudge towards you and said those mean things yesterday."

 

Kyungsoo looked at Chanyeol in disbelief because Does this giant seriously think he was just being salty over a punch and not because of Baekhyun? I swear to god, this guy.. Kyungsoo exhaled a deep sigh as he ran his hand through his hair, trying to cool down because seriously, he didn't want to hand Baekhyun over to this dumb, arrogant, snobby, idiot, conceited, oblivious giant but after several deep breathing, he could calm himself down.

"Listen here, you lanky giant. I will forever be Baekhyun’s bestfriend, and I know perfectly that it was all I could ever be to him." Kyungsoo took a deep breath because saying the words out loud just made his heart twinge in pain. He clenched his fists tight as he tried to dull the pain away, but who was he trying to kid here? He couldn't help it but for Baekhyun’s happiness, he would do anything, including slashing his own heart and experiencing the pain over and over again.

 

Chanyeol watched as Kyungsoo’s eyes hardened and he noticed how the latter seemed to try really hard to say the next things he was going to say. "I'm willing to give him up, Park. But you listen carefully, Chanyeol." Chanyeol felt a shiver ran down his spine at how murderous and cold the stare Kyungsoo was giving him right now, "If you fail to make him happy, and if he shed even a single tear because of you, I will take him away." Kyungsoo stepped closer to Chanyeol, his gaze menacing and even though he was smaller than Chanyeol, Chanyeol felt like as if he was the smaller of the two now.

 

"And I won't be as nice the next time, Chanyeol. I will take him away and there'll be no mercy after this, Park. So you better realise what your feelings soon, Chanyeol before it's too late."

 

Chanyeol gulped as he watched Kyungsoo walked away after he uttered the words to him and Chanyeol couldn't deny that it frightened him on how murderous Kyungsoo looked just now. But wait.. Chanyeol blinked as he tried to grasp what Kyungsoo was telling him just now, ..Realise my feelings? What was he talking about???

 

Deciding that he didn't want to torture his head by thinking about it, Chanyeol quickly walked with his long legs to catch up with their friends, all the while replaying Sehun’s and Kyungsoo’s words in his mind.

 

I'm sure I'd be crazy if this continues.

 

---

 

".. And then my teammates were all..."

 

Baekhyun had to tune out Jongin’s words as he turned around to look back at Kyungsoo. The smaller guy said that he just needed to fix his slipper but it sure took a lot of time already. Baekhyun stopped in his track and turned around, blinking in surprise when he saw that Kyungsoo and Chanyeol were talking together because he didn't recall the two talking to each other before. Sure, Kyungsoo talked to Jongin and Luhan and Sehun but Baekhyun didn't remember seeing him talking to Chanyeol.

Jongin was still talking when he noticed that Baekhyun had stopped so he turned back and walked closer to Baekhyun. "What's wrong, hyung?" Baekhyun didn't answer it but the shorter guy just pointed a finger towards somewhere and when Jongin saw what it was, he tilted his head as he observed Chanyeol and Kyungsoo conversing. Kyungsoo somehow looked agitated - because he had ran his fingers through his black locks with a frustrated face - and Jongin was curious on what the two had been talking about.

 

"What are they talking about?"

 

Baekhyun just shrugged his shoulders at Jongin’s question and they both straightened up when they saw Kyungsoo coming towards them, hands clenching into fists beside him and his posture rigid. He looked so pissed and it was the first Baekhyun seeing him like that. However, the look had soften by the time he reached Baekhyun and Jongin. "What was that about?" Baekhyun heard Jongin asking and Kyungsoo just waved it off, saying that it was nothing serious but Baekhyun could see that it was anything but that.

 

"Let's just go."

 

Kyungsoo held onto Baekhyun’s elbow to urge him to walk but Baekhyun tugged his hand away softly. "You go with Jongin first, I'll wait for Chanyeol." Baekhyun noticed that Kyungsoo stiffened for a short while before smiling softly at Baekhyun and walked away with Jongin, following Sehun and Luhan that were far ahead of them.

Baekhyun stood there and waited for Chanyeol, watching the giant walked with a very much confused face, much more confused than yesterday. They both didn't really talk yesterday, since Baekhyun was still embarrassed by the fact that he had cried hard in front of Chanyeol while Chanyeol looked very distracted after his talk with Sehun. Though it was only for maybe 15 hours since they last talk, Baekhyun felt empty inside and he totally didn't want to prolong it.

 

Chanyeol’s mind were swirling around the thoughts of Kyungsoo’s and also Sehun’s words, making his mind into a jumbled mess. He was too far deep into his mind that he didn't notice Baekhyun was waiting him and he almost bumped into the smaller if it was not for Baekhyun stopping him. Chanyeol blinked in surprise and looked down at Baekhyun, which Baekhyun stared up at him with a look of concern.

 

"Are you okay? You look so winded up. What did Kyungsoo tell you?"

 

Chanyeol his lips as he didn't know what to say and Baekhyun patiently waited. But after a minute of Chanyeol just standing there looking so dumb, Baekhyun just exhaled a sigh and turned to walk away, thinking that maybe the giant didn't want to talk to him. Chanyeol almost freaked out (he also didn't know why) when he watched Baekhyun turning away from him and without him knowing, his hand had shot up to catch Baekhyun’s thin wrist in his hand.

Baekhyun turned to look back at Chanyeol’s hand which was grabbing his wrist before he looked up at Chanyeol’s face, puzzlement settling on his cute face. Chanyeol retracted his hand immediately, scratching his nape at his own unexplainable action. Well, he didn't mean to hold Baekhyun back but he somehow didn't like watching Baekhyun walking away from him. He cleared his throat as his eyes wandered everywhere but on Baekhyun. "Let's.. Let's walk together."

Baekhyun tilted his head at Chanyeol’s invitation, surprised at the sudden invitation but he then smiled softly as he nodded. They both walked together side by side in a complete awkward silence since they both didn't know what to talk about. Baekhyun fought back his blush when he felt the back of their hands brushing and if it was up to Baekhyun, he would totally grab the giant's hand in his but he didn't want to make it more awkward than it already was.

Deciding that he didn't like the silence between them, Baekhyun glanced at the taller and saw that Chanyeol was too rigid and stiff for his liking so he nudged the taller with his elbow, hoping to break whatever awkward tension between them. "Are you going to join us riding the banana boat, yoda? I bet you must not know how to swim." Baekhyun smiled teasingly as he poked Chanyeol’s arm. "Aren't I right?"

Chanyeol narrowed his eyes as he glanced at the smaller beside him, mildly offended with the accusation. "Says you, midget. For your information, I'm a far more greater swimmer than both Sehun and Jongin combined, mind you." Chanyeol pursed his lips in annoyance when Baekhyun faked a gag at his words. "Well, you were so busy chilling under the sun yesterday instead of swimming with us, so there's no proof that you are a great swimmer." Baekhyun seemed to ponder for a while, "Hm, if you say it like that, I bet Kyungsoo is greater than you then. Since he could easily win against those two yesterday."

Chanyeol scoffed at Baekhyun’s words, because of course, it's always Kyungsoo; Kyungsoo this, Kyungsoo that. Couldn't he just look at Chanyeol for once?!

 

Wait, what? What the hell are you thinking, Park Chanyeol?

 

"Meh, I can easily outdid Kyungsoo, I'm sure of it." Chanyeol said proudly and he swore he saw Baekhyun rolling his eyes at him. "Well, if you say so, yoda." Baekhyun shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly and smirked inwardly when he saw Chanyeol fuming from the corner of his eyes. At least now, they had gone back to their usual bickerings and that was enough for Baekhyun. It was better to be like this instead of having no converssation at all.

 

And just like that, they were bickering all the way to the place they were heading, earning the shake of head from their friends who were waiting for them from afar.

 

---

 

There were many people lining up for their turns and the place was buzzed with children's excited screams and also teenagers - talking and taking pictures. Chanyeol also saw families getting ready for their turn on the banana boat and he chuckled when he saw people who were riding the boat were thrown off into the water at one sharp turn. Chanyeol was so much ready for it - excitement and adrenaline had been coursing through his veins.

After Luhan had paid for the ride (he insisted since he's the oldest of them all), they were distributed with life jackets from the guys who were in charge. Chanyeol watched carefully when the instructor showed them how to wear the jacket and since he of course had worn the jacket before, it was just a piece of cake for him. In a minute, he had already worn it and was ready for the ride. He however snorted when he saw Baekhyun strugglling with the jacket, clueless on how to wear it though they all had been shown how to before.

Just as he stepped to go to Baekhyun, Kyungsoo had beat him to it as the shorter male helped Baekhyun with it, all the while laughing at how helpless Baekhyun was. Chanyeol gulped the bitter taste in his mouth and tried to avert his gaze away, but he couldn't. His eyes were transfixed on the two, watching how Baekhyun pouted and whined when Kyungsoo kept on teasing him. Strangely, he wanted to be the one who helped Baekhyun and he wanted to be the guy who teased Baekhyun like that.

 

"I'm sure you have felt like your blood is boiling when someone comes close to Baekhyun, right?"

"Someone like.. Kyungsoo, maybe?"

 

Suddenly, Sehun’s words rang again through his ears and Chanyeol’s eyes widened in shock before he shook his head rapidly, trying to shake off Sehun’s deep voice from his head and earning strange looks from some people around him. No, Kyungsoo said that he was just Baekhyun’s best friend now, nothing more, nothing else. Chanyeol nodded to himself, convincing himself that Kyungsoo was meant well, that Kyungsoo was not a threat.

 

A threat to who actually, Chanyeol? A threat of what? , I'm going crazy! Sehun’s messing with my head too much!

 

Chanyeol jumped when suddenly someone poked him on his arm, thanking god that he didn't shriek out loud. Fuh, that would be so embarrassing if that happened. Chanyeol turned around to see who was the person poking him and he blinked when a stranger; a cute girl (though Baekhyun looked cuter) looking up at him with a small smile on her lips.

 

Chanyeol bowed his head slightly and cleared his throat, "Yes, can I help you?"

 

The girl was maybe around their age too, or maybe younger and she was so short, only coming up to Chanyeol’s chest. Chanyeol had to looked down to talk to her and he was sure if they were to talk any longer, his neck would definitely start to ache. Blush started to creep up her small face and she trapped her lower lip between her teeth, looking so cute and adorable like that. If Chanyeol was not gay, he would totally try to ask the girl out but well, Chanyeol was as straight as noodle, it wouldn't happen any time soon. Or ever.

 

"I.. I don't know how to wear this. Can you help me?"

 

"Wha.." Chanyeol tried to think of a way out because there's no way he wanted to help this girl (no offence but he just didn't want to). He turned around to search for someone else but everyone was occupied and Chanyeol didn't think he could escape now. So he offered a half - not really sincere - smile and decided to just help her so he could go away from her fast.

 

"So first, put it on.."

 

---

 

"Stop laughing, Soo. It's not my fault I don't really get involved in any water sports before."

 

Baekhyun whined as Kyungsoo clicked in the last harness of the jacket on his body. He pouted as he crossed his arms on his chest and turned away, purposely doing so to let Kyungsoo know that he was not amused. However, when he turned his body away from Kyungsoo, Baekhyun felt his left eye twitched when he saw Chanyeol with a girl - a very cute one at that - talking not very far from his spot.

Baekhyun felt his heart raced in anger and he could feel his blood boiling at the sight and he seriously didn't like the feeling. No, I'm not jealous, I'm not jealous at all but WHY THE HELL DO THEY LOOK SO GOOD TOGETHER?? WHY IS THAT GIRL SMILING SO BASHFULLY AND WHY IS CHANYEOL SPEAKING WITH HER????

Baekhyun watched with his fists clenched at his side, dying to know what were they talking about but also he didn't want to look so obvious since Chanyeol could talk to anyone he wanted. He saw Chanyeol looking around before he awkwardly stepped closer to the girl and gestured something to the girl. Baekhyun clenched his jaw hard when he saw Chanyeol helping the girl putting on her life jacket and they were extremely close when Chanyeol was doing so. Chanyeol had to lean lower to help her since the girl was shorter and Baekhyun could feel himself burning when he noticed that their height difference was better than Chanyeol’s and Baekhyun’s.

 

"..hyun."


"..aekhyun."


"Baekhyun!"

 

Baekhyun snapped out of his rage when Kyungsoo held his hand, uncurling his hands that had clenched into tight fists without him knowing and only then he noticed that Jongin, Luhan and Sehun were there too, watching him and asking him if he was okay.

 

"It'll be our turn soon. Are you okay, Baekhyun?"

 

Luhan peered close to his face and he saw how the vein in Baekhyun’s temple showed up, a sign that he was extremely pissed at something. Luhan made an eye contact with Kyungsoo, raising his eyebrow in silence to ask what the hell was wrong with Baekhyun. Jongin and Sehun were curious too because they never saw Baekhyun looking this angry before since the guy was pretty much cheerful and bright all the time, so to see him like this was a bit shocking.

Kyungsoo looked at them three and motioned for them to follow Baekhyun’s line of sight, so they all did and only then they finally got their answer. They all saw Chanyeol with a girl, standing so close to each other and they watched as the two kept on conversing, unaware of the burning midget looking at them from afar. They all figured out straight away why Baekhyun was literally burning with jealousy.

Baekhyun closed his eyes and tried to will down his anger first before he could answer Luhan’s question but when he opened his eyes, the sight that greeted him was the girl leaning close to Chanyeol while touching his muscly and strong forearm, looking like she wanted to kiss him and Baekhyun couldn't take it anymore.

 

"THAT'S IT! I'M GOING TO TEACH HER A LESSON!"

 

Baekhyun was so ready to go and maybe punch the woman off his man when he felt hands holding his body, stopping him from moving forward. Baekhyun kept on struggling against the hands that were holding him down and he didn't care whatever happened because at the moment, he could only see red. Jongin, Luhan and Sehun let out a grunt when Baekhyun’s hand accidentally smacked them on their hands a bit too hard but they kept on holding the thrashing male, amazed with how much strength that small body had.

 

"Baekhyun! Yah, Byun Baekhyun! Baekhyun, look!" Kyungsoo slapped Baekhyun’s face, not too hard but enough to make the smaller aware of his surrounding. "She's gone now! She's not there anymore so please stop this, people are watching!"

 

Baekhyun was pulled again into reality when his gaze cleared again, and true to Kyungsoo’s words, the girl was gone and Chanyeol was now heading to their direction. And it was also true that some people were watching him, slightly terrified but also interested why a guy was throwing tantrum in the middle of the crowd. Baekhyun’s body went slack, like his soul had been out of his body when shame started to fill his whole body. He slumped down into Jongin’s arms and hid his face on the younger's chest, his whole face and ears getting really red and hot from his action just now.

 

"Oh god, kill me now!"

 

---

 

"Thanks for helping me, Mr Instructor."

 

Chanyeol blinked when the girl stepped closer with a sweet smile, thanking him and calling him Mr Instructor? Oh, she must have mistaken me as a worker here. Chanyeol smiled half heartedly and waved his hands in front of him, "Oh, I'm not an instructor." The girl's eyes widened almost comically at her mistake and a blush bloomed on her cheeks. She almost looked cute but Chanyeol still thought that blush would be the most beautiful when it's on Baekhyun’s cheeks. 

 

Eh?

 

"Oh my, I'm sorry. You.. You look so handsome and so strong.. So I thought you are one of the instructor." The petite girl said with a blush and bowed a little as a sorry. Chanyeol felt his cheeks heating up because he was never good with compliments and this girl just complimented his looks. It made him feel a surge of pride blooming in his chest but he shrugged it off, not wanting to feed his ego even more.

 

"Ah no, it's okay."

 

"My name's Hyori. Yours?"

 

Chanyeol blinked in surprise when the girl suddenly looked up at him from under her lashes and she had taken a step closer to Chanyeol, standing even closer to him and tracing a finger on Chanyeol’s arm. Chanyeol gulped and his eyes wandered, trying to find a way out because he felt so cornered right now even though he's taller and stronger than the girl. "My name's Chanyeol. Uh, I need to go now. My friend.. Uh, my friend's calling me."

 

Chanyeol quickly stepped away from the girl and bowed his head a little before he walked away from there, heaving a relieved sigh when he finally could run away from the girl. He felt goosebumps running down his spine when he remembered the look on the girl's face and ugh, he didn't want to experience it again.

 

It was not like Chanyeol hated women, but he just didn't really fancy them (well duh, of course, he's gay for god's sake, it's very much obvious) and he just didn't like the way they talked and acted. It's too overbearing for Chanyeol’s like and that's why he dug more for cute guys rather than girls (read : Baekhyun). Chanyeol shook his head and quickly walked away to his waiting friends, who suspiciously were all looking at his way while Baekhyun was hiding his face in Jongin’s chest.

 

Chanyeol narrowed his eyes at that and he fastened his face, strangely and desperately wanting to take Baekhyun into his arms instead.

 

 

 

 

"Yah, who's that hot guy?"

 

Hyori smirked as she watched Chanyeol’s broad back walking away from her to his group of friends. Her friend tugged on her arm, demanding an answer but Hyori just couldn't take her eyes away from Chanyeol’s tall and muscly body, shamelessly ogling on his hot guns that were shown since he was wearing a tanktop. Hyori looked at her friend with a glint in her eyes, her smirk widened as she had set her mind on what she's gonna do from now on.

 

"That hot guy.. Is soon to be.. My new boyfriend."

 

---

 

It was weird.

It was really really really weird.

 

Baekhyun had been glaring at him since the moment before they went on the banana boat ride. Even when they were riding the boat, Baekhyun had went to sit in the front with Luhan behind him and the others had filled in the other spots, leaving Chanyeol at the farthest back.

The giant was dumbfounded. Baekhyun had never glared at him with that intensity, since the smaller had always been the one to stay beside Chanyeol and teasing the taller and annoying the out of chanyeol. But to be the one receiving Baekhyun's glare, it felt extremely strange. Its.. unnerving.

Chanyeol snapped out of his stupor when the boat started being dragged onto the waves, earning shrieks and screams from all six of them. It was so amazing to feel the gush of wind on their faces and the feel of water splashing to their face and legs and bodies and everywhere just made the experience a whole lot better.

Chanyeol managed to forget Baekhyun's glare for a little while when they were on the ride.

 

The boat was unstable since they went against the waves and the speed was so high that Chanyeol tightened his hold on the holder and also on Jongin who was in front of him, shouting at the top of his lungs as they kept on going. It was inevitable when they were flipped off the boat at one sharp turn, earning shouts from the grown up men. Chanyeol gasped when he sank under the water for a moment before he floated again, helped by the life jacket. He coughed out the salty water of his mouth and wiped the water away from his eyes, laughing in glee at the excitement.

However, Chanyeol’s gaze fell on Baekhyun, who were struggling to stay afloat. As he was struggling too much and too panickedly, the jacket couldn't help him to stay afloat, making him flailing his arms to ask for help. Fear surged through Chanyeol's veins at the sight and he quickly swam to Baekhyun's direction, along with Sehun and Kyungsoo and also some guards, who also noticed Baekhyun's condition.

Chanyeol's blood ran cold at the possible horrible outcomes and fueled with the thought of saving Baekhyun, so he swam faster to Baekhyun, reaching the male in no time even though Sehun and Kyungsoo were nearer to the midget. Chanyeol held onto the back of Baekhyun's life jacket when he reached the brunette and pulled Baekhyun closer to him, holding him tight to calm the thrashing male.

 

"Baek, Baekhyun, calm down! I got you, I got you!"

 

Chanyeol wrapped his right arm around Baekhyun's waist while his left hand cupped Baekhyun's cheek, trying to make the smaller calm down. "Open your eyes and look at me, Baek!" Chanyeol slapped his cheeks softly and it was a moment after that Baekhyun finally becoming aware that he was floating and not drowning. The moment he opened his eyes and saw Chanyeol in front of him, he quickly cling onto Chanyeol's neck, wrapping himself like a koala against Chanyeol's body even with their jackets were between them.

 

"I got you, Baek. I got you."

 

Securing his hold onto Baekhyun, Chanyeol tried his best to swim to the shore, the others following close behind him to help if needed. Luckily, the waves helped and in no time, they were back on the shore, shrugging off their jackets and giving them back to the owner. Baekhyun was still so much shaken that Chanyeol helped to sit him down on the sand for a while and crouched in front of him, giving Baekhyun time for him to collect himself. Luhan and Kyungsoo quickly came to Baekhyun’s sides, asking and trying to calm the smaller, who was still shivering from shock, while Jongin and Sehun just watched while hovering over them, face painted with deep concern.

 

"Let's go back to our house so that Baekhyun can relax."

 

Chanyeol nodded to Jongin’s suggestion and he held onto Baekhyun’s hands while peering close to the smaller, "Baek, let's go." Luhan and Kyungsoo helped Baekhyun up to his feet and Chanyeol tried to help him too, only for his hand to be slapped away. Chanyeol gasped in shock at Baekhyun’s sudden action and before he could say anything, Baekhyun had asked Luhan and Kyungsoo to bring him home.

 

"B-baek.."

 

Jongin and Sehun patted Chanyeol on his shoulder, as a silent support for the giant. Chanyeol looked at them two with confusion written clearly on his face, because it's a fact, he didn't know what he did wrong for Baekhyun to glare at him and also brushed him off just now.

 

"Just let him cool down first, Chanyeol."

 

Jongin said with a pat on Chanyeol’s shoulder and Sehun just nodded, agreeing with Jongin’s words.

 

Just what the hell is happening?

 

---

 

To say Baekhyun was furious was an understatement. He's far beyond that.

 

He had never felt this way before, not even when he saw Chanyeol openly flirting with someone when they were in classes or at the cafe. But now, his heart was burning in rage and jealousy, even just from watching Chanyeol talking with someone else.

 

Maybe it's because Baekhyun had realised that he loved Chanyeol.

 

Or maybe it's because Baekhyun knew that Chanyeol didn't like him, that Chanyeol could easily fall in love with someone else that was not Baekhyun.

 

Either way, Baekhyun just didn't like this feeling and he was sorry to lash it out on Chanyeol. The latter wasn't at fault, he was free to fall in love with someone because he's not Baekhyun’s. They were married but only on paper, only because their mother told them to. Chanyeol also didn't ask Baekhyun to fall in love with him, so it was not his fault if he met someone and fall in love with others.

 

Baekhyun was so angry that he didn't think at all when he rode the boat and take the spot at the front. He just realised what he did when Luhan climbed up behind him and held onto him, squealing in delight and excitement. Baekhyun gulped when they were dragged onto the sea water slowly at first, and when they gained speed, Baekhyun right out shouted, in fear and also because of the excitement.

He was having fun and all his ugly feeling before had almost vanished into thin air, only exhilaration and elation were streaming through his small body now. He was having so much fun and Luhan was too, if his grip on Baekhyun’s shirt was any indication. But it was all gone when the banana boat were dragged into a sharp turn, throwing them off the boat with a hard splash.

Baekhyun was taken aback with the sudden turn and he didn't get to ready himself before he was thrown into the salty water. He thrashed in panic when his feet didn't touch anything, showing how deep the water was and he gasped for air only to in more salty water into his mouth and also nose, leaving him reeling in pain. He got even more panicked when the life jacket on him felt heavier, like it was dragging him down instead of making him float.

 

Baekhyun was so afraid and frightened that he felt like crying, thinking that maybe he would die from drowning soon.

 

The brunette got even more agitated when his body was tired from thrashing and trying to stay afloat, and he didn't know what to do. He couldn't open his eyes and his limbs were aching now, exhausted with all the thrashing he did and he felt so constricted inside the jacket. Baekhyun gasped even more for air but he couldn't breathe, only in more water as he tried to breathe. Suddenly, he felt someone was holding onto the back of his jacket and it felt like he was pulled into someone's arms and finally, Baekhyun could breathe again. He felt the strong arm around him and he felt calloused fingers cupping his cheek, trying to call for him. He heard the buzzing voice in his ears, maybe calling for his name or something - but Baekhyun couldn't focus on it.

 

"Open your eyes and look at me, Baek!"

 

Baekhyun panted as he finally could open his eyes and the first thing he saw was Chanyeol’s worried and concerned eyes, staring at him and calling his name with urgency. Baekhyun had never felt so relieved - it felt like he was brought back to life - and without thinking, he clung onto Chanyeol, wrapping his arms around the taller's neck and his legs around Chanyeol’s waist. His chest was heaving hard and he was still shivering in panic but being in Chanyeol’s arms, it made him feel better. He felt safe.

Baekhyun could only feel Chanyeol’s strong arms on him and Chanyeol’s warm breath whispering the words "I got you, Baek. I got you," in his ears, making him feel protected and secured. Baekhyun didn't remember how Chanyeol had brought him back to the shore but he still remember Chanyeol’s nimble fingers shrugging the jacket off him and how gentle Chanyeol was as he helped him down to sit on the sand, crouching in front of him protectively as he gave Baekhyun time to calm himself.

Baekhyun was relieved by the time Kyungsoo and Luhan came to him and he was better by the time Kyungsoo and Luhan helped him up to his feet, wanting to bring him back to the house. Baekhyun looked up when Chanyeol held onto his hands, offering to take him home but somehow, Baekhyun had caught a glimpse of the previous girl from behind Chanyeol’s shoulder (though she was so far from them), and in reflex, Baekhyun swatted Chanyeol’s hand away.

Baekhyun saw the confusion and maybe hurt on Chanyeol’s face but Baekhyun couldn't bring himself to apologize yet. The ugly feeling from before had came rushing back into his heart and it was tenfold now, causing his heart to ache painfully alongside his whole body and Baekhyun was tired. He was tired and he didn't want to deal with feelings or whatsoever now so he turned to look at Kyungsoo, who was on his left.

 

"Bring m-me.. home.."

 

His voice was just above whisper but Kyungsoo still could hear it. Baekhyun fully put his whole weight onto Kyungsoo and Luhan, too tired to walk on his own and he was worn out altogether. He took a deep breath to calm himself and to not cry from the turmoil inside himself - hoping that he could just sleep it off soon.

 

---

 

Kyungsoo played around with the spaghetti in his plate distractedly, his mind wandering to the scene earlier.

 

Kyungsoo had never seen Baekhyun that mad, to the point he thrashed around and almost went rampage - just because a girl was talking to Chanyeol. Yes, Baekhyun had had his fair share of jealousy moments before - he had sulked when he saw Chanyeol flirting, he had become moody when Chanyeol kept on brushing him off - but never to this extent. He looked so angry and furious, but under all those things, Baekhyun looked hurt. He looked so hurt that.. he had reacted like that.

Kyungsoo stared into nothing as he twirled the spaghetti around the fork in his hand, the one that he had cooked for dinner. Sehun and Luhan had decided to go on a dinner date so that left just the four of them at the house. Kyungsoo was still deep in his thoughts - his mind was filled with the thoughts of Baekhyun - when a hand clasped onto his, bringing the fork that he had twirled around with spaghetti just now, up. Kyungsoo whipped his head to his side and his eyes widened when he was met with Jongin's jaw, just inches away from his face and the tanned male was eating from his fork, humming at the taste of Kyungsoo's own kimchi spaghetti.

 

"Mmmm, delicious! You're a very great cook, Kyungsoo hyung!"

 

Kyungsoo stiffened when Jongin finally looked at him, now they were being face to face, noses almost touching. If Kyungsoo were to move even just a little bit, they would surely had an eskimo kiss right away. They stayed looking at each other's eyes for a while, both not moving nor trying to move away. Kyungsoo didn't know why, but he was really drawn to Jongin's dark brown eyes - looking so sharp and deep like they were staring straight into his soul. 

There.. was something in Jongin's eyes. They looked like they hold thousand things, they twinkled with too much things that Kyungsoo couldn't decipher, that Kyungsoo didn't what to make of his deep stares. But one thing for sure, Kyungsoo was so much drawn into his deep brown eyes that Kyungsoo could get lost in those two pools of sharp eyes.

Kyungsoo couldn't help but to run his gaze on Jongin's face - taking in all his features - and it was not his intention to have a glance on Jongin's lips but he still did anyway. When he looked back into Jongin's eyes, he noticed that the latter too was looking staring at his lips, his gaze became something that completely different from earlier - they became even darker, they looked much more determined. And suddenly, Jongin flickred his gaze one last time at Kyungsoo's lips before he leant in closer and even more closer. Kyungsoo stayed frozen in his seat as he looked at Jongin coming closer to him, not even trying to move away even when he knew what was going to happen. 

 

And Kyungsoo was sure that Jongin would have moved even closer - if it was not for their noses that accidentally bumped into one another.

 

They both blinked in surprise - both finally snapped out of their trance and Jongin quickly pulled away, face in deep red. Meanwhile Kyungsoo released the breath that he didn't even notice he was holding, clearing his throat as he looked away from Jongin, straightening himself in his seat. They both went silence as they calmed their pounding heartbeats, hoping that the blushes on their faces would go away soon.

Jongin then let out a nervous chuckle as he took in some more spaghetti into his mouth, humming once again at the taste - dying to make their situation unawkward. He didn't know why he did what he did just now (well, he perfectly knew that he was attracted to Kyungsoo) but he really hoped that Kyungsoo wouldn't run away from him. Jongin then pulled the chair beside him and perched himself on it, still in an awkward silence, not knowing what to say to Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo closed his eyes for a while as he tried to think clearly again. He didn't know why he was almost kissing Jongin just now, but one thing for sure, he was not going to take an advantage on the younger male. Kyungsoo thought that he might be doing so because he was too caught up in his feelings with Baekhyun, that was why he did something unthinkable like that. But, the poundings in his heart might be proving something else. Kyungsoo opened his eyes when he finally cleared his mind and he turned to look at Jongin with a remorseful expression. Taking in a deep breath, Kyungsoo looked up into Jongin's eyes.

 

"Um, I'm.. I'm sorry, Jongin. I.. I dont know why I did that.. but, I'm sorry."

 

Kyungsoo waited for a reaction from Jongin, but all he got was Jongin staring at him with unreadable gaze, staring straight into his own eyes with a sharp stare. Kyungsoo couldn't read what was going on in Jongin's mind and he didn't think that he could ever do that. Jongin kept on staring at him for a little while before a small smirk came up on his lips, "You're sorry, hyung?"

 

Kyungsoo blinked at the sudden smirk on Jongin's face, weirded out by his question. "Um, yes?"

 

Jongin's smirk widened and he leant closer again to Kyungsoo, which resulted in Kyungsoo leaning back, still not knowing what was wrong with Jongin. "Well, you're sorry.. but I'm not, hyung."

 

Kyungsoo's mouth gaped at the words coming out of Jongin's mouth, dumbfounded with what to answer to those weird words coming from Jongin. But he didn't have to answer it because Jongin had decided to divert the topic with another question.

 

"What were you thinking about? You looked so serious just now."

 

Kyungsoo glanced at Jongin once before he looked down at the food in his plate again, contemplating whether he should talk to Jongin or not. We almost kissed, for God's sake. Why the hell is this guy so calm? Kyungsoo frowned as he thought hard but Jongin nudged him once again, pulling him out of his thoughts so Kyungsoo his lips once before he started to answer Jongin's question.

 

"Baekhyun.. that.. that was the first time I've seen him that mad."

 

Jongin hummed as he observed Kyungsoo's expression, knowing well what the shorter's trying to tell him and knowing well what the latter was feeling right now. Jongin himself had never seen Baekhyun like that, angry to the point that he would behave like that but maybe because he was too jealous, thus why that happened. And looking at Kyungsoo's crestfallen expression now, the smaller too knew and realised on how deep Baekhyun's feeling was towards Chanyeol.

 

"Well, I think it's because he really likes Chanyeol, that's why."

 

Jongin poked Kyungsoo's nose with the handle of the fork that he was holding when he saw Kyungsoo's face darkened. Jongin knew the reason to that reaction but he would spare Kyungsoo, so he would act oblivious for now. "Hey, don't be so shocked. You would be like that too, when you see someone flirting with the person you like."

Jongin watched Kyungsoo closely and he noticed that the smaller had become even gloomier - if that's even possible - and Jongin somehow didn't want this. He just wanted Kyungsoo to be smiling and feeling happy, not being depressed like this. Taking a deep breath, Jongin nudged Kyungsoo's side with his elbow. "Hey, let's go and watch a movie. I don't think Sehun and Luhan will come back soon and Chanyeol and Baekhyun are still not coming out of their room too, so we got the TV all to ourselves." Jongin smiled wide and wriggled his eyebrows, "What do you say?"

Kyungsoo glanced at Jongin and the latter looked so hopeful that Kyungsoo felt bad to reject him but Kyungsoo seriously was not in the mood and he just felt like indulging himself with a tub of ice cream and never interact with anyone at all right now, so he opened his mouth to refuse. But before he could, Jongin had put a hand on Kyungsoo's mouth, effectively shutting him up. 

 

"I won't take no for an answer."

 

Kyungsoo blinked in shock, bewildered by Jongin's bluntness while Jongin beamed brightly, showing his row of white teeth as he uttered the words. "And I won't hesitate to carry you to the living room if you refuse, so let's go hyung!" Jongin pulled his hand away from Kyungsoo's mouth as he got up from his seat, and looked down at Kyungsoo, who were still blinking and not moving in his seat.

Jongin smirked as he bent down to get levelled on Kyungsoo's eyes, one hand at the back of Kyungsoo's chair while the other was on the table, trapping Kyungsoo in his cage. "Or, would you like me to carry you?" Kyungsoo whipped his head fast at Jongin's direction, finally breaking out of his stupor as his eyes widened at Jongin's question. Jongin stood up straight again when Kyungsoo finally reacted to him, and moved away to go to the living room first, but not before shouting over his shoulder.

 

"I'm waiting, hyung! If you are not there, I'd come and carry you! Bridal style!"

 

Kyungsoo huffed in disbelief, not knowing how to response to this type of Jongin. He was thinking that he could just escape, to just go up to their room but before he could do that, Jongin had shouted a warning once again so Kyungsoo had to follow him.

 

Sigh, this is the first time I'm following someone's order. Even Baekhyun couldn't tell me what to do. Ugh!

 

"Hyung, I'm waiting!"

 

"Sheesh, fine! I'm coming!"

 

---

 

Baekhyun fluttered his eyes open slowly and tried to adjust his eyes to his surrounding. He could feel the soft mattress under his body and he took in the view of the room, knowing that he was already on the bed in his room. His body was hurting all over but it was bearable now, maybe because he had had a long and good sleep. He turned his head slightly and saw that it was already 8 in the evening from the glaring red number of the digital clock on the nightstand.

Feeling his stomach grumbling in hunger, Baekhyun decided to go out and maybe searched for food in the kitchen or had Kyungsoo to cook for him but when he tried to move his hand to get up, he couldn't. Only then Baekhyun noticed that his hand was intertwined with someone else's and when Baekhyun followed the arm up to the face, Baekhyun was a bit surprise to see Chanyeol beside him, also deep in his sleep.

Baekhyun hated how his heart started to pound faster in his chest and how blush started to bloom on his cheeks, making him feel hot all over. He also hated how his hand was tingling from Chanyeol’s warmth and from his big hand enveloping Baekhyun’s smaller one. Baekhyun hated how he still wanted to hug Chanyeol and kiss him and stay with him forever even though earlier this day, he felt like running away from the giant.

Baekhyun traced Chanyeol’s feature with his gaze, staring at how peaceful the other was being when he's sleeping, without the frown and scoff he usually gave Baekhyun when he's awake. Baekhyun gulped when the reality hit him hard. Chanyeol didn't even like him while Baekhyun was throwing tantrum just because the giant talked to other people, who might be Chanyeol’s true love. Baekhyun sighed heavily - he didn't ask to fall for someone who didn't even like him, he didn't ask for all this but what could he do, he couldn't control his own heart.

 

But people said, if you love someone, you would be happy if they're happy, right?

 

Maybe that's it, maybe that's the answer.

 

Maybe Baekhyun should just watch from afar, liking and loving Chanyeol just from afar. He should just let Chanyeol find his own love, find the one person that he truly liked, not like how he was bounded with Baekhyun through an arranged marriage. Yes, maybe Baekhyun should just it up and accepted that Chanyeol wouldn't like him back. Maybe he should just let Chanyeol go.

 

Because if Chanyeol’s destined to be Baekhyun’s, he'd come back to Baekhyun eventually, right?

 

Yes, maybe Baekhyun should just do that.

 

So you'll just give up like that?

 

Huh, what?

 

So you'll just let Chanyeol go without even fighting for him, without even trying to make him fall for you?

 

But he doesn't like me, he gets annoyed with me 24/7. How can I make him fall for me?

 

I don't know that you are this weak, Byun Baekhyun. Where's the strong and hardheaded Baekhyun that I know?

 

I don't know, maybe that Baekhyun doesn't even exist... It's not like I don't want to fight for him, I... I just love Chanyeol, I want him to be happy.

 

What if he'd be happy with you instead of when you let him go? What if he met someone who would hurt him instead of making him happy? Do you want that?

 

No, of course not! I want Chanyeol to be happy.

 

Do you think can you make him happy, that you won't hurt him?

 

I believe I can.

 

Then that's your answer, Byun! Fight for him! Make Chanyeol love you! Do everything than you can so that he will fall for you!

 

Oh, and also, thank me later.

 

 

Baekhyun nodded to himself as a new ray of hope seeped into his heart, burning him with determination to strive hard for his love; to make Chanyeol become head over heels for him. Baekhyun stared at Chanyeol hard, engraving his beautiful face in his mind and he was set on making that face smiling and laughing hard because of him and him alone. Baekhyun was adamant on making Chanyeol his and no one could get into his way from now on.

 

Not any boy, nor any girl and definitely not that ty girl that flirted with Chanyeol earlier.

 

Chanyeol is Baekhyun’s.

 

Fullstop.

 


 

Feel free to hurl some bricks to me chanyeol lulz

but guysssssss, coMEBACK IS NEAR!!!!!! 

I'M EXCITED I'M SO EXCITED I'M TOO EXCITED THAT I'M ALMOST WHEEZING