Interlude : Kaisoo pt 1

Be My Husband

un'beta'ed


 

 

He was not serious; when he decided to woo him.

 

It was by chance, that Jongin figured out Kyungsoo’s feelings for Baekhyun. It was never proven by Kyungsoo himself, Kyungsoo never admitted the fact to him; but Jongin could take a guess.

 

He found out that it was intriguing to watch Kyungsoo, to observe how he acted around people.

 

Kyungsoo was a naturally quiet person and he didn’t really talk a lot, though he had such a deep and melodious voice; the kind of voice that Jongin could enjoy listening to. However, from Jongin’s observation, Kyungsoo sure acted differently when he’s with Baekhyun. He was more caring, more affectionate and his wide and beautiful eyes, they were so soft when he looked at Baekhyun.

 

Whenever Baekhyun came to Chanyeol, Kyungsoo would tail him with an unreadable face. But Jongin noticed how his eyes turned hard and looking like he was planning Chanyeol’s murder in his head.

 

Jongin noticed all of those things.

 

And when Jongin stumbled upon Kyungsoo being alone in the practice room – right before Baekhyun’s and Chanyeol’s wedding – he felt something akin to sympathy for the older guy. It might sound ridiculous, but Jongin seriously could see the turmoil in his eyes and how broken-hearted Kyungsoo looked at the time.

 

There were too many emotions in Kyungsoo’s eyes at that time that his eyes somehow looked empty.

 

And without Jongin knowing, he just wanted to bring back the light, the life in Kyungsoo’s beautiful wide eyes.

 

That was why he decided to help Kyungsoo to forget; to forget his sadness, to forget the heartbreak, to forget his failed love.

 

 

 

He was really just trying to help, even without him having feelings for Kyungsoo or whatsoever. Yes, he was intrigued by Kyungsoo, he found the shorter attractive and interesting, but it didn’t get to the point that he could say he liked Kyungsoo.

 

However, as times passed by, Jongin had learned more and more about Kyungsoo. The tanned male had come to learn how caring Kyungsoo was, despite his coldness, how cute he was when he’s smiling, how serious he was when something about health was concerned, how he always put others first before himself – everything.

 

And Jongin found his heart skipping a beat at everything Kyungsoo did.

 

He found himself... falling.

 

Bits by bits, he was falling for Kyungsoo.

 

 

 

 

 

Jongin never had fallen for someone before. Well yeah, he had crushes but it was never like this – like how he was feeling for Kyungsoo.

 

His heart always beat hard when he saw Kyungsoo smile, and he found himself wanting the owl-eyed guy to always be smiling. He couldn’t even see Kyungsoo being sad; he just wanted the older to be happy and delighted, no matter what happened.

 

That was why Jongin would always come to Kyungsoo’s rescue, whenever Kyungsoo started feeling sad because of Baekhyun. It was just like Jongin had radar of Kyungsoo’s feelings – he could just sense it when Kyungsoo was sad.

 

And Jongin too didn’t even mind about his one-sided ‘like’ because for him, it was enough if Kyungsoo was not hurting and if Kyungsoo could keep smiling.

 

Jongin had never felt like this towards someone – so he was sure that he had really liked Kyungsoo by now.

 

 

---

 

 

Jongin was not the type to be easily angered. If anything, Jongin was more towards the soft side; he was soft-hearted and he rarely feel angry even when something unfair was done to him.

 

But surprisingly, just because of this one man with curled lips, Jongin had felt immense rage inside his chest; he could feel his blood boiling.

 

Because that man with curled lips and annoying eyesmile, had kissed Kyungsoo, on his lips!

 

Jongin huffed in annoyance as he replayed the scene in his head again and again, feeling like his heart was shredded into pieces because of that. And the most irritating fact was that Kyungsoo could laugh heartily when he’s with that man, unlike when he was with Jongin.

 

What is special with that Jongdae guy anyway?? I know they are best friends but who the kiss their best friends on the lips?!!! And why the heck Kyungsoo smile and laugh so freely with him anyway?? It’s not like that guy is that funny. I think I’m funnier, I can make better jokes so why can’t Kyungsoo smile at me??! Why is that guy so special??

 

“..In.”

 

“..ongin.”

 

“Jongin!”

 

“Kim Jongin!”

 

Jongin was snapped out of his internal rant when the music stopped, making him stop dancing altogether. He whipped his head to the side, only to see a frowning Sehun and the latter then strode towards him in a flash, putting a hand on his shoulder with concern.

 

“What’s bothering you? I’ve never seen you dance that hard before.”

 

Jongin panted as he looked at his reflection in the mirror, realizing how disheveled he looked right now. His shirt was plastered to his body like a second skin because of his sweat and he was short of breath, knowing that he had lashed his frustration into dancing once again.

 

Jongin then looked at Sehun with a small smile, shaking his head. “Nothing, nothing happened.”

 

Sehun just shook his head when he heard that, knowing that Jongin was anything but fine. They had been friends long enough for Sehun to know what’s on Jongin’s mind. But knowing that Jongin wouldn’t say anything, Sehun just nodded and let Jongin dance again, ready to stop him if the tanned male started to lose himself again.

 

 

---

 

 

 

 

“You’re going home alone again?”

 

Jongin looked at Chanyeol’s irritated face when Sehun asked the giant. It had been a few days since Jongdae came and to say that Chanyeol was not happy was an understatement. The giant was beyond displeased; he was always being disgruntled and even looking utterly depressed sometimes.

 

If it was some other unfortunate time for Chanyeol, Jongin surely would laugh hard at the giant.

 

But he couldn’t now, when he himself was feeling just as miserable as the giant was.

 

Jongin just nodded when Sehun decided to go home with Chanyeol, leaving him alone there. Jongin sighed softly and he turned around to go on his own way but he was halted in his steps when he saw Kyungsoo leaning against a wall not far away from him while looking down at his phone.

 

It had become weird to see Kyungsoo being alone, without Jongdae or Baekhyun beside him since they were always together since Jongdae came. Without thinking any further, Jongin quickly made his way to Kyungsoo, feeling his heart beating louder as he was nearing the owl-eyed guy.

 

It had felt like forever since he last met Kyungsoo and Jongin couldn’t deny that he was missing the older. Badly.

 

“H-Hi, Kyungsoo.”

 

Jongin beat himself mentally when he stuttered out the words, but he couldn’t help but to feel breathless when Kyungsoo looked up at him with his round and wide eyes, which were sparkling so beautifully and just wanted to make Jongin melt right away at the scene.

 

“Oh, hi Jongin. What are you doing here?”

 

Jongin bit his lower lip as he glanced around, checking if Jongdae was around. All these times, Jongin couldn’t even come near Kyungsoo because the shorter would always be with Jongdae. And it just made Jongin feel a bit better as he couldn’t see the annoying guy around, which meant he could have Kyungsoo all to himself.

 

“I just.. um, well it’s been so long since we talked. I just want to say hi.”

 

Jongin rubbed his nape as he said so, feeling awkward and not knowing what to do. Having to talk with Kyungsoo after a long time (it was just about three days, actually but it felt like three years for Jongin) really seemed to mess his mind. Kyungsoo blinked as he observed Jongin, holding back a smile as he saw how adorable the younger was being.

 

“Okay then. Hi too, Jongin.”

 

Jongin stared down at Kyungsoo, somehow hoping that Kyungsoo could smile at him, even just a simple small smile, but he was unlucky since Kyungsoo just sported the usual calm expression on his face. Jongin found himself being extremely jealous of Jongdae and Baekhyun for always getting to see that beautiful smile of Kyungsoo, though he wouldn’t admit it out loud.

 

They fell into an awkward silence after, because Jongin kept on opening and closing his mouth, because he didn’t know what to say. He just wanted to see and talk to Kyungsoo, but now that he was standing in front of the older, he didn’t know what he should do.

 

Jongin was freaking out in his mind, because Kyungsoo had pushed himself off the wall while looking at his watch, looking like he was going to leave already. Jongin couldn’t think of anything to say to make Kyungsoo stay so he just blurted out the first thing that came to his mind, which was

 

“Let’s go watch a movie tonight.”

 

Both of them were shocked with the words that had come out of Jongin’s mouth; Jongin with his unstoppable blinking, utterly flustered while Kyungsoo with his eyes wide, looking at Jongin in shock. Jongin bit on his lips, cursing himself in his mind because what the hell did I say?? Do I think Kyungsoo would agree or what? He just started to accept me as his friend and here I am asking him out already. What are you thinking, Kim pabo Jongin??!

 

“Um, tonight..”

 

Jongin focused back on Kyungsoo when those heart-shaped lips uttered out the words, feeling awfully nervous to hear Kyungsoo’s next words. Well, he might be rejecting Jongin’s request but it wouldn’t hurt to hope, right?

 

But of course, someone just had to come and crush that little hope Jongin had.

 

“What about tonight, Soo?!”

 

Both Jongin and Kyungsoo were shocked when Jongdae suddenly materialized beside them, appearing out of nowhere and taking them by surprised. The troll had obviously listened to their conversation since he was now hanging off Kyungsoo’s shoulder, looking at Jongin with a wicked smile.

 

“We said we will discuss about our performance tonight, didn’t we?”

 

Jongin’s shoulders deflated when he heard the words from Jongdae, knowing that he got no chance already. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun were going to perform at the spring festival, and Jongdae of course had decided to join them. Jongin knew that Kyungsoo will be very busy after this and he knew that Kyungsoo wouldn’t think of spending his precious time on Jongin.

 

Well, Jongin was just Kyungsoo’s new friend, nothing more and nothing less.

 

“Oh well, if you’re busy.. then-“

 

“I’d love to.”

 

Jongin’s ears perked up at Kyungsoo’s words and he looked up at Kyungsoo’s face with his eyes wide and his mouth opened into an ‘O’ and Jongin noticed that Jongdae too whipped his head to look at Kyungsoo with a shocked expression.

 

“Y-You’d love to?”

 

“Yes, let’s go watch a movie tonight. I’m going to be busy after this and we might not even talk for a while. So, why not?”

 

Jongin blinked his eyes rapidly and he was rendered speechless by Kyungsoo’s answer, and Jongdae looked like he was in a big shock too as he threw a betrayed look at Kyungsoo, though the owl-eyed guy just smiled at Jongin and ignored Jongdae.

 

He.. he wants to go out with me! He ditched Jongdae and Baekhyun for me! And he freaking smile at me!! Oh my god, am I in heaven??!

 

“I’ll wait for you at my house.”

 

Kyungsoo patted Jongin’s shoulder as he said the words before leaving the frozen Jongin and a pouting Jongdae there. Jongdae crossed his arms on his chest as he observed the wonderstruck Jongin, who looked like he could explode anytime soon.

 

“Yah, are you okay?”

 

Jongdae poked on Jongin’s arm with his index finger, amused that Jongin was still frozen on his spot with a big smile slowly spreading wide on his face.

 

“I.. I am not dreaming, right?”

 

Jongin asked Jongdae breathlessly – his eyes were hazy and unfocused and a big sweet smile was plastered on his face. Jongdae could only watch at the stunned male with his eyebrows raised in amusement.

 

“No, you are not.”

 

Jongdae answered with a shake of his head and he chuckled softly when Jongin just smiled even wider, exclaiming a short “Great!” under his breath before walking away with a skip in his steps. Jongdae couldn’t hold back his smile as he leant back against the wall while he watched Jongin walking away, obviously happy and delighted.

 

“Tsk tsk tsk, Do Kyungsoo, I never thought you could make someone that happy just by agreeing to watch a movie. That guy is totally whipped over you, Soo-ah. He totally is.”

 

 


 

a short update between orientation week and classess hewhewhew

idk when will the second part will be but i'll try to find some time to write and post

thanks for still being here with me XDDD

 

p/s stream POWER guysssss :) the song is so nice im like it so much