Honeymoon?

Be My Husband

Thanks for subscribing /ugly sobbing/


 

Click click.

 

Click click.

 

 

Chanyeol groaned at the sounds that had disturbed his sleeping. He pulled the thing that he had been hugging closer into his arms and burrowed his face further into what he thought was a pillow, only to realise that he was planting himself in Baekhyun's hair when the strawberry scent filled his nostrils. He fluttered his eyes opened slightly and it was proven true when he was met with the brown hair that very much belonged to Baekhyun. He blinked drowsily when he realised that he was actually hugging Baekhyun in his sleep and the latter was also snuggling closer to Chanyeol, nuzzling his face into Chanyeol's chest.

Chanyeol was startled when he realised that they had (once again) ended up being snuggled together like this. They both had came to an agreement that they could sleep on the same bed, but of course with pillow barriers between them so that Baekhyun couldn't kick Chanyeol in his sleep again. However, when morning came, Chanyeol would always find their legs tangling together, Baekhyun’s arms wrapped around his torso and his head tucked nicely under his own, sometimes sniffling at Chanyeol’s neck. The pillows were long gone; scattered around the edge of the bed and some would already fall from the bed. Chanyeol sighed – he was lucky that he was always the first to wake up because he didn't know how Baekhyun would react if he noticed how they were being.

They had also spent more time together in the house, just simply watching movies and playing games (Baekhyun was a monster in playing games, seriously) and Chanyeol too spent more time on his compositions while Baekhyun did whatever he wanted. They both had their fun times doing all sorts of things that could be done indoor just because they were both didn't want to face the hotness of summer.

 

 

Click click.

 

 

Chanyeol was brought out of his stupor when the sound resonated once again in the room and a series of gigglings followed after. "Stop it, Chanyeol. I wanna sleep." Baekhyun whined as he nuzzled closer to Chanyeol and clung on his shirt, where Chanyeol unconsciously tightened his hold on Baekhyun's waist and rubbed his sides slowly, lulling Baekhyun back into his sleep. (He’d like to think that he did that just because he was groggy from his sleep.) At his actions, once again the giggling and squealing were heard so Chanyeol looked away from Baekhyun, only to see his mother and Baekhyun's mother were taking pictures of the both of them.

 

"What the fu--"

 

Chanyeol was so shocked to see their mothers there that he automatically pushed Baekhyun away from him, successfully sending the latter off the bed with a loud thud.

 

"Ouch, that freaking hurts, you Yoda!!"

 

Chanyeol could just smiled twitchingly at the curses Baekhyun were giving him and the gasps that came out of their mothers' mouths.

 

 

 

 

 

"What were you guys doing in our room anyway? How did you guys enter the room, no, enter the house actually?"

 

Baekhyun asked with a pout, still feeling bitter over his gracious fall just now. And the fact that his sleep was interrupted didn't help either. Chanyeol was sitting beside him on the couch, rubbing his back to ease the pain from the fall since Baekhyun kept on whining about it. The taller wasn't going to entertain Baekhyun’s whininess but looking at both their mothers watching their actions with hawk eyes, he just it up and rubbed Baekhyun’s back. Well, I need to make us look like a lovely couple. Pft. Their mothers were sitting on the couch across them, still smiling at the sight of the newlywed getting along just fine.

Mrs Park held out a key in her hand, flaunting the key with a teasing smirk. "Well, we can enter the house since we have the spare key." Mrs Byun nodded while laughing and pulled out her phone after, showing the pictures that she had taken just now. "And we just wanted to wake you both up, but we got this instead." She wiggled her eyebrows as Baekhyun leant forward slightly and narrowed his eyes to look better at the photo his mother was showing him, only to gasp when he finally noticed that it was a picture of him and Chanyeol cuddling.

 

"Oh my God! Eomma, send the pictures to me!"

 

Chanyeol could watch with gaping mouth when Baekhyun leapt towards their mothers and sat in between them, and soon the three of them erupt into giggles, fangirling (or fanboying in Baekhyun's case) at the picture of him and Baekhyun. Didn't he just whine about how hurt he is just now? Huh, unbelievablel! Chanyeol felt his eyes twitched at that and deciding that he couldn't watch the three of them reacting like that over their so called cute picture, he got up from the couch and went into the kitchen to make some breakfast since his stomach had been grumbling in hunger for a while now.

 

 

 

 

 


"You guys should go on a honeymoon."

 

Chanyeol choked on the bacon he was eating, hitting his chest as he gasped for air. Baekhyun quickly handed him a glass of water, which he quickly downed in one gulp. He knew better to not eat while talking to their mothers because of course, he would just end up choking on his food. His mother's shocking words might be the death of him someday later. Chanyeol let out the last cough as he collected himself and looked at his mother with furrowed eyebrows, "What are you talking about, mom? We don't need honeymoon."

 

Mrs Byun smiled at Chanyeol's whiny tone and she shook her head softly, "Of course you guys have to go on a honeymoon. Your break are still long and you guys just got married, of course you have to. Am I right, Baekhyunnie?"

 

Chanyeol turned to Baekhyun and watched as the brunette's cheeks painted in pink and Baekhyun was shyly playing with the food in his plate. Chanyeol's eyebrows shot up into his fringe, "You want to go on a honeymoon?!" Baekhyun snapped his head at Chanyeol and Chanyeol swore Baekhyun's face was getting even redder at his question. The smaller shook his head and waved his hands in front of him, "No, no. We don't have if you don't want to."

Chanyeol fell silent at Baekhyun's words. He was sure that he could detect some sadness in Baekhyun's words, even though Baekhyun's face didn't give anything away. How Chanyeol could feel the sadness, was something that he himself didn't know how.

 

"Oh hush, Baekhyunnie, of course Chanyeol wants to go too. Right, Chanyeol?"

 

Chanyeol felt a shudder ran down his spine at the look his mother was giving him, which was challenging him to say no. Chanyeol knew right away by that one look that if he said no, then he would get it from his mother. Even his father wouldn't dare to disobey his mother if she already had that look.

 

"Uh, yes, of course. I'd love to."

 

Chanyeol could see Baekhyun perking up from beside him and he felt something flutter in his chest when he saw how bright Baekhyun's smile was. He glanced at Baekhyun from the corner of his eyes and unconsciously, the corner of his lips twitched upwards too. And this totally didn't escape the mothers' eyes.

 

"So where do you guys want to go? Paris? Bali? Tell me, and I'll arrange everything."

 

"No, mom."

 

"No, mom."

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun looked at each other when they both refused together, which made Mrs Park and Mrs Byun laughed. Mrs Byun shook her head, "Then, where do you guys want to go?" Baekhyun and Chanyeol both blinked their eyes, not really knowing where they wanted to go. Yes, Baekhyun wanted to go on a holiday as he was getting bored being at home only, but totally not somewhere that far. He just wished to go to a place where he could have fun, without being a nuisance to their parents. Chanyeol's parents and Baekhyun's mother had spent too much on them, even to the extent of giving them a house to live in, Baekhyun didn't want to receive more from them.

 

"Um, why don't you guys go to our beach house?"

 

Chanyeol looked at his mother, who was wiping with a napkin since she had done eating. "You have the key already right, Yeol? Go and bring Baekhyunnie there, you guys surely will have so much fun time there." Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun, who was looking at him expectantly and he heaved a deep sigh before he nodded his head, agreeing to his mother's words.

 

 

 

 

 

"Bye mom, bye eomma."

 

They both waved to their mothers and after seeing the car went away, Baekhyun turned to look at Chanyeol with a big smile on his face. "Sooooooo, when will we go?" Baekhyun saw Chanyeol frozen in his spot for a while before the usual frown appeared on the taller's face, "No. We're not going." Baekhyun was left blinking in daze there as Chanyeol walked away, maybe wanting to go up to his studio.

 

"W-What?"

 

Baekhyun snapped out of his shock and he quickly chased Chanyeol up the stairs, tugging the back of Chanyeol's shirt as he whined. "But you had agreed just now. So, we have to go." Baekhyun's eyebrows furrowed when Chanyeol didn't say anything, instead he just walk up the stairs, acting like there was no Baekhyun hanging off the back of his shirt like a puppy would do.

 

"Chanyeol.." Baekhyun whined loudly, tugging harder on Chanyeol's shirt but still, the giant didn't react. They stopped walking when they reached Chanyeol's studio and the giant turned around to look at Baekhyun, who was staring up at him with a downcast eyes. Chanyeol was sure if Baekhyun was a puppy, his ears would definitely drooped down on his head at Chanyeol's rejection.

 

Chanyeol sighed. It was not like he didn't want to go, but the thought of being alone with Baekhyun on a vacation made him squirm in discomfort. Yes, they were also alone in the house but now, the case was different. They would be on a vacation called honeymoon and Chanyeol didn't like it. It made the butterflies (or maybe elephants) in his stomach went on a rampage. Chanyeol didn't like it when he couldn't control those animals in his stomach and being with Baekhyun completely made him lose control on them.

 

"I said no, Baekhyun. Just go and do whatever you want. Don't disturb me."

 

And with that, Chanyeol went into his studio, leaving Baekhyun pouting and sulking there alone.

 

 

 

 

"Chanyeol-ah, you like apple juice, right? Here."

 

Chanyeol looked up from editing his compositions and turned around to look at Baekhyun, who was peeking his head through the door. Chanyeol blinked as Baekhyun grinned sheepishly and the brunette entered the room with a tall glass in his hand, obviously containing the said apple juice brought to Chanyeol. Chanyeol tilted his head slightly, feeling utterly wary of the smaller's behaviour but he just nodded and took the glass from Baekhyun. He gulped down the juice and hummed in the delicious taste, feeling grateful to have a break in between composing. He was stuck and Baekhyun just came in the right time.

 

"Thank you."

 

Baekhyun just beamed at him and sat down on the empty chair on his right, curiously looking at the monitor screen, tilting his head cutely as he tried to figure out what was all the thing was about. "Can I.. Can I hear it?" Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun, who quickly straightened up in his seat. "That is, if you want to show me. I d-dont want to d-disturb you or anything." Baekhyun scratched the back of his nape and after a minute without a respond from Chanyeol, he slowly got up from his seat to see himself out of the studio.

Chanyeol however stopped the smaller before he could stand up, his big hand holding onto Baekhyun's wrist. "No... I'll let you hear." Chanyeol once again felt the flutter in his stomach when Baekhyun's eyes brightened up and the smaller man smiled widely, sitting back down on the seat with a very eager face. Chanyeol just shook his head at Baekhyun’s eagerness and turned his attention back to his computer, playing the piece that he was working on for Baekhyun to hear.

Baekhyun's mouth was opened in awe when he heard the music flowed out from the speaker and he was so amazed that Chanyeol could create something so pleasant to hear. Baekhyun found himself bobbing his head to the melody and he was really liking it. However, the music stopped suddenly and Baekhyun opened his eyes (which he didn't even realise when did he close his eyes) and turned to look at Chanyeol.

Chanyeol could see how Baekhyun was so amazed with him and that strangely made him feel elated. He straightened up in his seat when Baekhyun opened his eyes, confusion apparent on his face. "I got stuck, I don't know how to continue from there on. So, yeah, that's it." Chanyeol observed Baekhyun as the shorter nodded his head in understanding. Chanyeol leant back into his seat as Baekhyun kept on staring at the monitor with his eyebrows scrunched together, looking like he was thinking so deep.

The giant raised his eyebrows in question when Baekhyun looked up at him and bit his lower lip, "I don't mean to act like I know better or something but I think I have something in mind to help you with?" The uncertain tone in Baekhyun's voice made Chanyeol’s lips twitched upwards slightly and the taller thought for a while before he shrugged his shoulders. He didn't mind it if Baekhyun wanted to help, in fact, he would gladly receive it with open arms.

 

"Sure. Show me."

 

Baekhyun nodded and he saw the other keyboard at his right side so he turned to it and pressed on the keys just like he imagined in his head, but the sounds coming out was not quite like how he imagined it. He fumbled around with the keyboard keys, trying to find the notes that he wanted and after three more tries, he finally got it. He played it once more time, more confidently this time before he turned to look at Chanyeol.

 

"So, what do you think?"

 

Chanyeol couldn't take his eyes away from Baekhyun as he watched the latter playing the keyboard with his pretty fingers, producing a melody different from what Chanyeol had done to the first minutes of his song, but still, it sounded perfect when added to the rest of the song. Chanyeol didn't even think that Baekhyun could play piano or keyboard but he knew that it was possible since the smaller was a music major himself. Chanyeol couldnt help but to think of how many more sides of Baekhyun that he yet had to discover, and he somehow found himself wanting to figure them out.

Chanyeol's gaze focused again when Baekhyun snapped his dainty fingers in front of the taller's face. "Are you okay? Was it too bad?" Baekhyun asked with urgency, his forehead wrinkled in lines of worry. Chanyeol quickly shook his head, not wanting the smaller to misunderstand. "No, no, it was totally perfect. I like it so much." Chanyeol dared to smile softly when Baekhyun beamed wide, feeling proud at what he had contributed to Chanyeol.

The giant turned to his computer and recorded the melody that Baekhyun had played before, asking the latter whether it was right or not. Baekhyun hummed and nodded, happy that he could help. Chanyeol turned to look at Baekhyun when the midget suddenly asked him something.

 

"What?"

 

"I said, do you want to know what made me think of that melody?"

 

Chanyeol angled his head slightly before nodding his head slowly at Baekhyun. "Um, sure. Why not." Chanyeol turned completely so that he faced Baekhyun, wanting to show that he was actually interested in his muse. "What did you think of?" He squinted his eyes in suspicion when Baekhyun smiled even wider, almost teasingly, as he tilted his head cutely.

 

"I think of the beach. And I also think we need to go to the beach house so that you can get more inspiration. Don't you think so?"

 

Baekhyun offered Chanyeol a sweet smile before he stood up, taking back the glass that he had brought before. "Bye Chanyeol. Good luck in finishing your song. Hwaiting!" Baekhyun winked as he pumped his fist once and took off right away, leaving Chanyeol there with his eyes twitching in astonishment.

 

 

 

 

 

 

After the not so subtle hinting in his studio, Chanyeol had been called by Baekhyun to come down and eat some chinese food that he had ordered. Feeling hungry himself, Chanyeol went to the kitchen and they ate in silence before Baekhyun suddenly told him something along the line - "It would be really nice to eat together by the beach, enjoying the summer breeze, isn't it? - and that was the only thing that had came out of Baekhyun's mouth during the whole time they were eating.

During their usual movie time, - where Chanyeol was lying sideway on the couch and Baekhyun was sitting on the floor, leaning against the couch with his head at Chanyeol's stomach while his legs stretched out in front of him - they had agreed to watch Baekhyun's choice of movie today. Chanyeol weren't even surprised when the smaller had chosen an old movie entitled Johny Tsunami, a story about a boy who was very much in love with surfing. Chanyeol just rolled his eyes and shut his ears with his hands when Baekhyun kept on talking about how nice it is to swim in the blue sea water, to joke around with the waves and to catch the bubbles that surely will be gone the next second, and maybe having the chance to actually meet a real mermaid swimming in the- and bla bla bla, all those disney s that Byun Baekhyun loved.

 

And now, even before they went to sleep, Baekhyun had rambled on how nice it would be to just watch stars at night while strolling by the shore with shoes in hands, just feeling the night sea breeze and hearing the loud crashes of waves. Chanyeol could just watch as the smaller kept going on and on about how he wished to be able to do that and how nice it was for someone to make his dreams come true.

 

"Because you know, I've never been to a beach in my 21 years of living."

 

Chanyeol blinked in surprise at Baekhyun's last words and when he glanced at the latter, Baekhyun had already turned his back to Chanyeol to sleep. Chanyeol felt a tug in his chest because first, he couldnt believe that Baekhyun had never been to a beach and second, Baekhyun had never slept with his back facing Chanyeol, even with the pillows lined up between them. I repeat, never.

The giant closed his eyes tightly as he sighed heavily, knowing that by now, he could never resist Baekhyun's wishes anymore. If it was not by using his puppy eyes, the brunette now had resorted to guilt tripping him and Chanyeol had to admit that it was working perfectly fine. Chanyeol lied on his back and stared at the ceiling in deep thought. He knew that Baekhyun was still awake because he still didn't hear Baekhyun's usual whimpers nor his soft snores. And the latter didn't move an inch since ten minutes ago, so he surely wasn't asleep - because he kicked and punched in his sleep, that's for sure.

 

"Okay, we'll go to the beach house."

 

Not even a second after Chanyeol mumbled the words, Baekhyun had sat up and looked down at Chanyeol with a very big grin on his face (which Chanyeol thought could rival Joker's smile) while his hands were clutching onto Chanyeol's right hand. "Is this for real? We'll go there, right? You're not joking, are you?" Chanyeol sported an amused face at the accusing glare Baekhyun was giving him and deciding not to be a jerk, Chanyeol shook his head.

 

"Nope, I'm not joking. This is not a joke at all. We'll go to the beach house. BUT, this is not a honeymoon or whatever newly weds usually do. This is just our summer holiday trip. You get it?"

 

Chanyeol had expected a nod or maybe a pout from the smaller man but he totally didn't expect for Baekhyun to jump over the pillows and plopped himself on top of Chanyeol. Straight on his groin!! Chanyeol could feel heat crawling up his neck and up to his face and he was sure his ears were being so red right now but Baekhyun didn't seem like he noticed because he dived down and planted his face on Chanyeol’s chest, saying ‘thank you’ nonstop. Chanyeol felt himself frozen in his spot as Baekhyun kept on moving and he was hyper aware of Baekhyun’s taut and perky brushing down his groin, praying to whoever up there to not make him hard and to just make Baekhyun stop.

 

BECAUSE I DON'T THINK THIS PUPPY KNOWS WHAT HE’S DOING TO ME!!

 

Chanyeol’s hands came up to Baekhyun’s sides, holding him with a tight grip to stop him from moving because Chanyeol swore, if he kept on doing that, he would sport a hard on and he didn't think they both wanted that to happen. Chanyeol was also aware how hard his heartbeats were now and his chest was obviously heaving and he just wished for Baekhyun to not notice his condition.

 

“Y-Yah, get off, midget! D-Do you realise h-how heavy you are?!”

 

Chanyeol held back a curse when Baekhyun suddenly pulled away from his chest and sat up straight, his pressing further down Chanyeol’s groin. Chanyeol was sure that Baekhyun knew what he was doing because Chanyeol swore he could feel Baekhyun purposely grinding his on him, though his expression was stil innocent and he had a somewhat thoughtful expression etched on his small face. "Then, if this is our summer holiday trip, it'd be nice to invite our friends together, no?" Chanyeol took a deep breath as he glared at the boy on him, who just looking down at him with a tilt of his head, still sitting comfortably on Chanyeol’s groin.

 

I swear this is the worst night I’ve ever experienced!

 

But of course, Baekhyun was still talking though Chanyeol felt like he was dying down there, having no power in his hands to even throw Baekhyun off him.

 

"You could ask Jongin and Sehun and pretty boy Luhan to join us.."

 

Pretty boy Luhan? What..?

 

"... and I'll call Kyungsoo to come with us too. That's be great!"

 

Wait, what? Kyungsoo?!

 

Chanyel didn't get to say anything- he couldnt even think of anything the whole time Baekhyun was talking because he was busy minding his to stay put - before Baekhyun jumped off him and crawled to the end of the bed to retrieve his phone, calling Kyungsoo right away. Chanyeol could only watch with twitching eyes as Baekhyun waited for Kyungsoo to pick up the phone. He was totally fine with inviting his friends over to go to the trip together, there was no problem with that, instead he thought that it would be really nice to. But as far as he knew, Kyungsoo was not his friend.

 

"Oh, Kyungieee!"

 

Chanyeol was snapped out of his trance when Baekhyun started to talk with Kyungsoo, straightaway telling his bestfriend about the trip and inviting the short, owl-eyed, grumpy and satanic male to join them. Chanyeol narrowed his eyes at the nickname Baekhyun just gave to his nemesis, as he glared at the back of Baekhyun’s head because he was sure that he didn't even say he agreed with inviting Kyungsoo together.

 

“And now you can fulfil your promise to me... What promise?! Hey, you promised me that you will teach me how to swim!... Oh yes, you did babysoo. You promised!”

 

The giant rolled his eyes as he listened to Baekhyun’s whiny tone while talking to the glaring gnome (read: Kyungsoo).  He faked a gag when Baekhyun kept on whining and talking sweetly to the phone.

 

Ew, what? Kyungie? Babysoo? Ugh, goosebumps! And even I know how to swim. And I’m sure I’m far greater than the short owl anyway. And I’m here, you could just learn with me, why would you go and ask anyone else?

 

After what seemed like eternity and after excessive rolling eyes later, only then Baekhyun ended the phonecall and Chanyeol quickly turned so that he was backfacing Baekhyun. He felt the mattress dipped as Baekhyun arranged himself to lie down beside Chanyeol, this time definitely facing Chanyeol. Chanyeol pretended like he had already fallen asleep, not wanting Baekhyun to know that he had been listening to the phonecall between him and Kyungsoo just now.

 

"Thank you, Yoda."

 

He heard clearly when Baekhyun whispered the words softly. Forgetting that he was pretending to sleep, Chanyeol opened his eyes and ly his face to look at Baekhyun with a glare, wanting to ask him to stop with the name but before he could say anything, Baekhyun had leant closer to him and pecked him on the corner of his lips, leaving Chanyeol looking at him in bewilderment. Baekhyun just chuckled at the sight and he put away the pillows between them before scooting closer to Chanyeol, putting his head comfortably on Chanyeol's broad back and wrapping one arm around Chanyeol's torso, being the bigger spoon, before he whispered another soft 'thank you'.

 

Chanyeol was left frozen there but after some time, he slowly relaxed and turned his face to the wall, listening as Baekhyun’s breathing got even, signalling that he had fallen asleep. When he heard the first whine that came out of Baekhyun’s mouth that night, only then he whispered the words.

 

"You're welcome, midget."

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Wakey wakey, yoda!"

 

Chanyeol groaned when he felt someone tugging on his ears but when he tried to swat the hands away, he couldn't move his hands. He fluttered his eyes open with scrunched eyebrows, "What..?" The giant was shocked when he was greeted with the sight of Baekhyun straddling him (again and luckily, he straddled his stomach this time) while his wrists were held in Baekhyun's surprisingly strong grips above his head.

 

"Good morning, Chanyeollie. Let's get ready for our trip!"

 

Chanyeol still couldn't process anything as Baekhyun jumped off him and pulled him up by his wrists before dragging him into their bathroom. The taller just followed drowsily as Baekhyun made him leant on the sink, backfacing the mirror as Baekhyun reached for Chanyeol's toothbrush. Chanyeol was startled when Baekhyun suddenly held Chanyeol's chin in his hand before proceeding to brush Chanyeol's teeth.

 

"I can dhu it mashelph."

 

Chanyeol's words were muffled as Baekhyun was still brushing his teeth so he held Baekhyun's hand, which the latter just ignored with a big smile. "No, let me do it. I wanna do it." Chanyeol was still groggy with his sleep so he just let the smaller be, even spreading his legs wider so that he was in the same height as Baekhyun, to make it easier for the smaller male because of their obvious height difference. Baekhyun just smiled at Chanyeol and after he was satisfied, he turned Chanyeol around and asked the taller to rinse his mouth.

 

"Wait, wait, what are you doing?"

 

Chanyeol held Baekhyun's wrists in his bigger hands when the latter tried to pull off his shirt, his eyes widened in shock. Baekhyun shrugged, "I wanna strip you so you can shower." Chanyeol shrieked slightly and pushed Baekhyun out of the bathroom, "I can do it myself, thank you!" He exclaimed with a loud voice while slamming the door shut and Baekhyun just laughed out loud at that, leaving Chanyeol alone to get ready.

 

 

 

 

"They're here! Let's go!"

 

Chanyeol just shook his head at Baekhyun's enthusiasm and followed the guy out of the house to the van waiting for them. Sehun had offered to drive the 5-hour journey to the beach house and he had borrowed the van from his uncle. Chanyeol put their bags in the trunk and noticed that Luhan was on the passenger seat, while Jongin and Kyungsoo had occupied the middle seats so that left Baekhyun and him to sit on the back seat of the van. Just as soon as they both settled in their seats, Sehun drove away, not wanting to waste any more time.

 

"Nice house you got there, bud."

 

Chanyeol just smirked smugly at Jongin and wiggled his eyebrows at Jongin, who was sitting in front of him, making the tanned man turn around and punched him on his knee jokingly. Soon after, Baekhyun quickly sat at the edge of his seat, his hands fell on Kyungsoo's shoulder who was sitting by the right side in the middle seats. "Soo-ah, I'm so excited!" Kyungsoo just chuckled at him, knowing how much Baekhyun had wanted to go to the beach. They soon broke out into a very long conversations, both their voices rang inside the van, with Luhan sometimes joining them. Though, it would mostly be Baekhyun and Kyungsoo talking about what they'd want to do and all, unaware of the glares coming to them from the left side of the van.

 

 

Sehun however was very aware of how both his dumb friends kept glaring at the two excited bestfriends when he glanced at the rear view mirror, shaking his head in amusement as his two dumb friends were literally being green with envy.

 

"Ah, young loves."

 

"What did you say, babe?"

 

Sehun turned to look at Luhan and chuckled while shaking his head. "Nothing, just.. I love you."

 

The usual stoic guy smiled when Luhan took Sehun's hand in his, slotting their fingers perfectly together before the doe-eyed deer-like boy brought Sehun's hand to his mouth and kissed his knuckles. Sehun beamed even wider at that, knowing that he looked even ridiculous smiling like that but he couldn't help it, he was happy.

 

And my two idiotic bestfriends will always be forever alone if they keep on being dumb.

 

---

 

"No, you can't. I don't trust you."

 

Baekhyun pouted at Sehun's words and tried to do his best puppy at the younger, who just waved his hand offhandedly at him. "No offence hyung, but only Luhan's puppy eyes work on me." Baekhyun stomped his feet at that and turned to ask for help at Kyungsoo, who was also watching him with apprehensive glances.

 

"No, Baek, it's been so long since you drive. I'm not really trusting my life in your hands."

 

They had stopped at a gas station since Jongin needed to go to the toilet, dragging Chanyeol along with him while Luhan went to buy some snacks for them to munch in the van in the two more hours journey. And being a nice guy he was, Baekhyun wanted to help Sehun by exchanging the turn to drive but apparently, no one trusted him enough to let him drive. But, Baekhyun clearly saw how tired Sehun was now and that's why he wanted to subtitute him. He's just being nice!

 

"What's happening here?"

 

Baekhyun's eyes brightened up when he saw Chanyeol and Jongin coming back from the toilet and he quickly sidled up to Chanyeol's side, latching onto his arm and making the tallest male there raised his eyebrow in wonder.

 

"He wants to drive for the rest of the journey and as much as I'm thankful for that, I don't really trust him to be behind wheel. He just looks clumsy to me - no offence, Baekhyun."

 

"Offence was very much taken, thanks." Baekhyun mumbled under his breath and he turned to look at Jongin, who was also wearing a not convinced look on his face. What?!! Why can't they trust me?!! Baekhyun huffed in annoyance and he resorted to the last guy standing there, hoping that he wouldn't disappoint him. Baekhyun stared up at Chanyeol and squeezed his arm lightly while having a pout on his mouth. If Oh Sehun could only succumb to Luhan's puppy eyes, then Baekhyun knew who was the one who couldn't stand his. And who else other than his beloved husband?

 

"Chanyeol-ah, pleaseeeee!"

 

Baekhyun mustered up the most hopeful expression that he could, making his already droopy eyes become even droopier, and jutted his lower lip more. He could see Chanyeol's gulping hard and he was sure he heard a snicker somewhere (most obviously from Sehun and Jongin) and he kept his gaze only on Chanyeol's. Chanyeol sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose, feeling even tired with what was happening.

 

“Why would I let you? If there’s a list of people who don't trust you,I’d be the first in the list, Baekhyun.”

 

Baekhyun nearly screamed out loud in frustration at Chanyeol’s words but he knew that good things would come to those who wait, so he took a deep breath and calmed himself to think of new tactics. He looked down for a while and tried hard to make his eyes teary before he stared up at Chanyeol again, smirking inwardly when he heard Chanyeol gasp at the sight of his teary eyes.

 

“I.. I just want to help Sehun.. he’s tired already. Please, Channie..”

 

Chanyeol felt a shiver ran down his spine at the sudden nickname that went out of Baekhyun’s mouth and he was sure he had never felt this way when someone called him by a nickname. He gulped hard and looked at his friends, who were just shaking their heads at him, hinting for him to not fall for Baekhyun’s plead. Well, Chanyeol himself was sure that he wouldn't succumb that easily to Baekhyun’s puppy and teary eyes.

 

“Please, Channieee.... Yeol-ah, I swear I’ll drive carefully. Promise!”

 

Who would fall for those shiny and glassy, droopy eyes anyway? Pft, no one would and definitely not me! Does he think he’d succeed if he show me his teary eyes like that? Pft, I dont think so, midget.No, no, I won't even agree. Do whatever you want Baekhyun, because I won't. I won't agree, at all. I won't agre -

 

“Okay.”

 

Oh, damn! 

 

Chanyeol’s eyes widened at his own answer and he quickly darted his eyes around the disappointed faces of his friends and he saw Sehun giving him glares but he didn't know! He couldn't control his mouth! Chanyeol gulped and quickly tried to make things better. "I.. I'll stay awake and keep us all safe. Don't worry."

 

Baekhyun smirked at that and stuck out his tongue at Sehun, which the younger just replied with a huff and Baekhyun saw Kyungsoo rolling his eyes at him but he didn't care. When Luhan came back from the store, he too was shocked when Baekhyun excitedly climbed up the driver seat and he turned to Sehun with questioning gaze. “Chanyeol’s whipped, enough said.” – was what Sehun said before he went into the van. Luhan shrugged and followed him into the van and when they all were seated properly in their seats, Baekhyun put the gear into drive and thus, started the other half of their journey to the beach house.

 

 

 

"You can just sleep, you know. I'm fine, I can drive properly. And there's GPS too, I won't get lost."

 

Baekhyun glanced at the taller male beside him, who was looking outside the window, seemingly very drowsy and wanting to sleep but Chanyeol obviously was holding back. The others had drifted to sleep since half an hour ago and Baekhyun secretly fanboyed over the fact that Jongin had fallen asleep on Kyungsoo's shoulder and Kyungsoo's head was on top of Jongin when he glanced through the mirror. If Baekhyun was not driving right now, he would already have taken lots of pictures to blackmail Kyungsoo later on but he stayed calm as he needed to focus on his driving.

 

"No, I'm not sleepy."

 

Baekhyun chuckled when just as Chanyeol mumbled out the words, a yawn followed after, making the taller of the two getting red in the face. Baekhyun reached out his hand and brushed the shell of Chanyeol's ear slightly, "Sleep, Yoda." It was almost as he had touched a sensitive spot of Chanyeol because he heard the taller gasped in a shallow breath before he turned his torso the other way and decided to just sleep.

Baekhyun smiled softly at that and when he was sure that everyone had fallen asleep, he turned up the volume of the radio, smiling when he recognised the song and he sang along to it, this time with the right tune and key. Baekhyun drummed his fingers on the steering wheel along to the beat and he sighed softly when he remembered that the song was his late father's favourite song.

 

Baekhyun still remembered that day clearly, when his father said that he would bring Baekhyun and his mother to spend time together at the beach. The seven-year-old him had been very excited, since it would be his first time to go to the beach. He had already prepared all his swimming trunks and all the things he wanted to bring to their trip - he was extremely thrilled, his heart kept on pounding in excitement while packing for his needs.

He was just waiting for his father to come home from work, then they'd get going to their trip. He waited and waited, but it was not his father who came back. Instead, it was a colleague of his father who came, telling Baekhyun and his mother that his father had involved in an accident and was admitted to a hospital. They both rushed to the hospital but of course, luck would always not be on Baekhyun's side. By the time they arrived there, his father had gone. He had travelled far far away, leaving Baekhyun and his mother alone.

 

"So you can actually sing."

 

Baekhyun discreetly wiped the lone tear that had escaped his eyes and turned to look at Chanyeol once before he focused on the road again. "Well, I'm majoring in music and am taking vocal lessons, so of course I can." Baekhyun didn't see it, but he was sure Chanyeol was rolling his eyes now. He just could feel it, don't ask how. "Then why can't you just sing properly when we are together? You've been torturing me with your croaky voice all these times."

 

Baekhyun grinned when Chanyeol grumbled the words under his breath, looking really annoyed by him. "Where's the fun in that?" Baekhyun smiled teasingly and winked once at Chanyeol, laughing out loud when the scowl on Chanyeol's face became more evident. Trust Chanyeol to make Baekhyun's mood better, even without him knowing so.

 

They fall into a comfortable silence after, only listening to the pop songs on the radio before Baekhyun decided to break through the calm atmosphere. "Hey yoda, thank you."

 

Chanyeol had come to the term that he could just let Baekhyun call him yoda, since he called the other midget anyway. But he still scrunched his eyebrows, weirded by the sudden express of gratitude. "For what?" Chanyeol glanced at Baekhyun and saw that the other fell into silence for a while, looking like he was contemplating on something before he turned to give Chanyeol a small smile.

 

"For the trip. It's always been my dream to go to a beach."

 

"Why don't you go by yourself before?"

 

Baekhyun had never looked so small before in Chanyeol's eyes when he asked the question. Chanyeol swore he saw a flash of sadness and longing in Baekhyun's eyes before but they were gone in a flash and Chanyeol didn't want to pry further when Baekhyun just kept quiet, his face for once looking tense. It was so weird to not see Baekhyun smiling and Chanyeol decided that even if he was annoying, it was better to see Baekhyun smiling wide instead of this sad looking Baekhyun.

 

"My father was going to bring me to the beach. I waited for him to come home from his work, but he never did."

 

Chanyeol was shocked when after few minutes of silence, Baekhyun had talked again, even when the words that came out of his mouth were something that Chanyeol hadn't expected. He stole a glance at the smaller, looking how tight his grips were on the steering wheel and strangely, Chanyeol somehow wished that he could take Baekhyun's hand into his, to give him some comfort.

 

"I tried to go to a beach myself, because I'm dying to know how the soft the sand feels, how cold the sea water is - everything. I want to feel it myself."

 

Baekhyun said with a soft voice, looking so serene and peaceful and calm - and Chanyeol felt his heart skipped a beat. His hands were itching to grab Baekhyun's hands and before he could get them all into an accident, Chanyeol resorted to put his hands on his thighs, fumbling around with the lose thread of his ripped jeans.

 

"But I couldn't. I couldn't bring myself to go because I keep on remembering my father."

 

Chanyeol took a deep breath as he felt his heart constricted at the pained and broken voice. He knew that Baekhyun was trying hard to not to sob and Chanyeol was getting crazy because he didn't know what should he do. He wanted to help Baekhyun, he wanted to calm him down - but what could he do? He was lost.

 

They stayed quiet after that - one was trying to stay calm while one was fighting the urge to hug the other close to his chest.

 

Chanyeol fiddled his fingers as he watched outside the window. He couldn't help but to be curious. Baekhyun had said how he had tried before but to no avail. However, as Chanyeol saw him acting before, he was very much excited to be on this trip and he looked okay, except for his little breakdown just now. Chanyeol couldn't help but to feel curious, however he stayed quiet, not wanting to disturb Baekhyun's focus anymore.

 

 

 

 

 

"Why?"

 

Chanyeol couldn't stop himself from asking that because he was curious. He knew that he shouldn't pry into Baekhyun's business but he was really curious and he just had to. Baekhyun was startled a bit because he thought Chanyeol had fallen asleep again after their small talk. Baekhyun was sorry that Chanyeol had to see him so vulnerable just now, but he couldn't stop himself from reminiscing his father. He loved him so much even after all these years, he still couldn't let him go from his mind.

 

"Why what?"

 

Baekhyun glanced at Chanyeol and saw the taller was looking at him with curiosity painted all over his face. "So why are you on this trip now?" Baekhyun stared at Chanyeol before he turned to road once again, mulling over the question in his head.


Seriously, he himself didn't know why he was so excited. Yes, it had always been his dream to go to a beach but whenever he tried to - even with Kyungsoo and Jongdae accompanying him before, they would only get as far as half of the journey before Baekhyun would finally break down and they had to go back. Baekhyun thought hard on the question, he himself didn't know what to answer Chanyeol.

Because, he went on this trip because he wanted to spend time with Chanyeol, hoping that they could be even more closer, easing into each other and maybe they would finally come to the terms that they were now husbands. Baekhyun was looking forward to this because he imagined strolling by the shore with Chanyeol, enjoying the summer breeze with Chanyeol, getting to know each other as they spent their time there - everything went back to Chanyeol.

 

And that was like a slap to Baekhyun's face - the reason why he was willing to fight his longing for his father. It was because of one person, it was all because of -

 

"You. I'm bracing this because of you."

 

Chanyeol was stunned when Baekhyun said that and he stared hard and long at Baekhyun, looking how the smaller was so firm with his answer, like he was so so so sure of it and it somehow made Chanyeol's heart beat faster. It was swelling with pride and satisfaction when he knew that Baekhyun was doing this because of him. Chanyeol couldn't help but to feel like Baekhyun was now giving all his trust to Chanyeol, like he was hoping for Chanyeol to make him happy.

 

The feeling was so intense and Chanyeol felt suffocated - in a good way - with all the feelings swirling in his chest. He didn't know why, but he found himself willing to take on Baekhyun's trust, to make the smaller happy no matter what.

 

"Ugh, are we there yet?"

 

Chanyeol blinked in surprise when Luhan's voice was suddenly heard and just like that, the moment was interrupted. He sighed in relief, because he surely didn't know how to answer to Baekhyun's confession just now so he tore his gaze away from Baekhyun to look back at Luhan. "Not yet, hyung. I'll wake you up when we're there." Luhan nodded at him and plopped his head back on Sehun's shoulder before drifting back to his sleep. Chanyeol turned to look in front again, but not before sending a glance towards the male who was driving.

 

I'll try to make this your best beach trip.

 

---

 

"Woah, this house is so cool!"

 

Baekhyun exclaimed in awe as they all hoisted their own bags into the house and settled in the living room. Baekhyun quickly went to the balcony and he couldn't stop the giddy smile as he could see the beach clearly, excited to go and throw himself in the sea water. Who knows, there might be actual, real mermaid there?

 

"Yah midget, come here. We need to assign our rooms."

 

Baekhyun huffed in annoyance at the disturbance. He was busy having moments there and Chanyeol just had to crash them. He dragged his feet back to the middle of the living room and plopped down on the couch beside Kyungsoo. He noticed that Chanyeol looked at him with squinted eyes but why would he?

 

"There are three rooms here, so there'll be two of us in each room. I take it that Luhan hyung and Sehun will be rooming together?"

 

Baekhyun watched as Sehun and pretty boy nodded their heads at Chanyeol, looking extremely happy with that. Baekhyun still couldn't fathom how Luhan hyung could make Sehun smile that wide when he rarely saw the blonde man smiling, not even when Baekhyun tried to crack jokes on him. Baekhyun shrugged and looked at Kyungsoo, tugging on his sleeve slightly.

 

"Do you want to room with me? Like we usually do? Besides, it's been so long since we had sleepover."

 

Kyungsoo's eyebrow raised, looking at his bestfriend weirdly, but after a while, he chuckled once before nodding. "Okay, I don't mind it." Baekhyun smiled and wrapped his arm around Kyungsoo's, calling Chanyeol so that the giant pay attention to him.

 

"Chanyeol-ah, I'd be rooming with Kyungsoo."

 

Chanyeol snapped his head at Baekhyun's direction and felt his eyes twitched when he saw his supposed husband latching onto Kyungsoo and what more, saying that he'd be rooming with the owl-eyed male. Chanyeol could see Kyungsoo's mouth curled up into a tiny smirk and he was trying to keep his calm intact. He could feel his blood boiling at the sight and he really would like to go and rip Baekhyun off Kyungsoo and just kept the guy to himself.

 

"No, you can't!"

 

Baekhyun blinked at Chanyeol's sudden outburst and apparently, everyone else was too because the others had stopped talking and were now looking at Chanyeol. "Why? It's been so long since I've roomed with Kyungsoo. Just let me." Baekhyun pouted and whined the words, watching as Chanyeol hesitating on his answer.

 

"Well, you can't because.. because.."

 

Chanyeol looked around and noticed that everyone was watching his interaction with Baekhyun - Sehun was looking at him funny like he knew something Chanyeol didn't, Luhan was looking at him with an amused stare and Jongin was blinking at him, also waiting for his answer.

 

Aha, Jongin!

 

“Well, you can’t because Jongin wants to room with Kyungsoo.”

 

“What?!”

 

Both Jongin and Kyungsoo spluttered at that and Chanyeol was sure he heard Sehun snorting at him (for what he didn’t know) but he ignored them and looked at Baekhyun, waiting for his reaction. Baekhyun blinked at that and watched between Jongin and Kyungsoo before a wide smile appeared on his face. Ah, how can I forget about them two? Jongin must like Kyungsoo, if he asks to room with Kyungsoo. This is the perfect time to make them become closer. Sigh, Kyungsoo is so lucky to get a sweet and handsome guy like Jongin.

 

“Ohh, okay. Then I’ll stay with Chanyeol. You guys have fun together, ‘kay?”

 

Jongin right out choked on his saliva at Baekhyun’s words and Kyungsoo was so red in his face that Baekhyun thought he might explode. Kyungsoo glared at Baekhyun and pinched the latter at his side while Jongin was killing the newlywed couple in his head and mouthing profanities at Chanyeol, which the giant just replied with a flip of his middle finger.

 

“Then, if that’s settled, you guys can go and take the room upstairs. Baekhyun and I will sleep at that room.”

 

Chanyeol motioned to the door just before the kitchen with his chin and the others (namely Luhan and Sehun) just nodded at him, while Kyungsoo and Jongin were still red in their faces. Wanting to quickly escape Jongin before the tanned guy would come and smack him on his head, Chanyeol grabbed his bag and made way to his room with Baekhyun following behind him. Luhan and Sehun soon took their bags and went upstairs, leaving Jongin and Kyungsoo there in an awkward silence.

 

Jongin was really flustered and he didn’t know what he should say so that Kyungsoo didn’t misunderstand. Damn you, Park Chanyeol! I’ll kill in your sleep tonight, just you wait! The tanned man cleared his throat and glanced at the quiet male, “Um, I swear it’s not true. I never ask Chanyeol to put you in the same room as me.”

Jongin rubbed his left ear, a habit when he was nervous and he was sure his ears were red by now. Kyungsoo looked at him and tilted his head slightly, “So you’re not happy to room with me?” Jongin’s eyebrows automatically shot up at the question, shocked by the small teasing smile that appeared on Kyungsoo’s cute face.

 

“Ah, no, I d-don’t mean-“

 

“I’m just joking, Jongin. I know exactly why Chanyeol did that.”

 

Jongin watched with his mouth wide agape as Kyungsoo took his bag with him and went upstairs, but not before he gave Jongin a pat on his shoulder. The dancer blinked in daze and he just followed Kyungsoo with his eyes as the latter climbed up the stairs. After he couldn’t see Kyungsoo any longer, only then Jongin let out a chuckle, amused with the smaller guy and he nodded to himself.

 

Looks like I got a chance with him then.

 

---

 

“Chanyeol, Baekhyun! Wake up now, we’re hungry!”

 

Chanyeol was startled when Sehun banged on the door and he blinked his bleary eyes, which were still laced with sleepiness. He glanced at the digital clock on the nightstand and saw that it was already 7 in the evening and it was time for dinner. He shouted for Sehun to alert the guy that he was already up and he looked down at the guy who was sleeping in his arms, snoring softly and clearly unaffected by Sehun’s knockings just now.

They both had unpacked briefly after they went into the room and since they both didn’t really sleep when Baekhyun was driving, they both had felt sleepy so they crashed head first on the bed, sighing over the soft sheet under their bodies. Chanyeol was sure that they were at least a feet apart when they drifted to sleep, so he really didnt know how they would always end up like this.

 

Chanyeol shook the sleepiness out of his head because he knew, if he took any more longer time than this, Sehun would come and kill him. A hungry Sehun was like a ticking bomb – so he didn’t want to risk himself. Chanyeol shook Baekhyun softly at first, but since the midget kept on sleeping like a log (what’s new?), Chanyeol shook him harder, successfully on making the smaller roll around out of Chanyeol’s arms and buried himself further into his pillow, backfacing Chanyeol.

Chanyeol sighed and sat up on the bed, “Yah Byun Baekhyun, wake up now!” He shook the male even harder and pinched Baekhyun’s sides, hoping that he would get up. Baekhyun whined and ly his head to look at Chanyeol. “Shouldn't it be Park Baekhyun instead of Byun Baekhyun?” Chanyeol was frozen in his spot,heart spreading with warmth when Baekhyun slurred out the words, seemingly not even realizing what he said because right after, he head plopped his head down on the pillow and continued sleeping.

Collecting himself again, Chanyeol shook his head and continued shaking Baekhyun to wake him up. After some more torturing from Chanyeol’s side (he pinched Baekhyun’s arm and pulled on the smaller’s ear), the brunette finally got up with a glare and narrowed eyes at Chanyeol, growling like an angry pup.

 

“Woah woah, relax. You’re the one who doesn’t want to wake up. I’m just doing us a favor because if you don’t wake up faster, Sehun would be the one who come and you won’t only get pinched, you’ll also be killed.”

 

Chanyeol held his arms up in surrender and held back a chuckle when Baekhyun’s glare turned into a pout as he looked at the throbbing spots on his arm, where Chanyeol had pinched. “You should’ve just kissed me, instead of doing this..” Baekhyun muttered under his breath as he got off the bed, making his way to the joined bathroom and readied himself.

Chanyeol shook his head in amusement when he heard the mumbles and just watched as the smaller getting ready before he himself climbed off the bed and got ready too.

 

 

 

 

“Took you long enough.”

 

Chanyeol just shrugged and motioned at Baekhyun, silently hinting that it was because of the smaller and Baekhyun just puffed his cheeks at that before he went straight to Kyungsoo. They had agreed to walk to the restaurant, which was just a 10-minute walking distance from their house and during the time, Baekhyun just walked beside Kyungsoo, they both leading the way while the rest followed behind. Sehun hid in his scoff when he noticed both Jongin and Chanyeol were looking like two constipated men over the sight of the two bestfriends talking and laughing together.

 

Sehun could just sigh over his hopeless buddies.

 

 

 

By the time they reached the restaurant, Baekhyun had gone back to his usual self, no longer sulking as he sat down between Kyungsoo and Chanyeol on one side, while Luhan was seating between Sehun and Jongin across them. The restaurant served them with seafood hot pot and automatically, Kyungsoo took charge of the pot, dumping all types of seafood – squids, prawns and others, together with some vegetables in the soup. Everyone was literally drooling as they waited for the food to cook and Baekhyun was sure he heard someone’s stomach growling. Either it was Sehun or Jongin, that he didn’t know.

 

“So what are we going to do tomorrow?”

 

Sehun asked as they waited before they could eat. Everyone seemed to be thinking and Sehun looked at Baekhyun questioningly when the latter seemed like he wanted to say something. “Do you want to do something, Baekhyun hyung?” Baekhyun smiled brightly when he was addressed and he straightened up in his seat, “I want to go and swim at the beach. It’s the first thing on my to-do-list actually. And Kyungsoo has promised to teach me how to swim.” Baekhyun smiled at that and turned to look at Kyungsoo, which the latter just chuckled and nodded his head at Baekhyun’s words.

Jongin perked up at that and he nodded his head rapidly, reaching his hand out to do a fist bump with Baekhyun, even though they had to reach over the hot pot in the middle of the table. “Cool hyung, let’s go swimming first thing in the morning. And dont worry, I’ll help you too.”

Chanyeol opened his mouth to say that he could help Baekhyun too, because he’s the best swimmer of them all and that they couldn’t really do that first thing in the morning but his voice was drown when the three children (read Sehun, Jongin and Baekhyun) went full out to express whatever they wanted to do the next day. Chanyeol made an eye contact with Luhan, who just looked amused at them three and decided to just ignore them by helping Kyungsoo with their food.

Their excitement however stopped for a while when Kyungsoo declared that they could eat and they all held up their bowls to Kyungsoo, asking to be filled. Kyungsoo just chuckled at their hungry faces and helped to scoop up food into their bowls. They all dug in straight into their food after and only slurps could be heard for a little while before they fell into conversations again.

 

“What else should we do tomorrow?”

 

Luhan hummed at Kyungsoo’s question and he swallowed down his food first before answering. “We could just enjoy some movies or just relax when night comes. Besides, we are here for a long time anyway. We can enjoy one thing at a time.” Everyone nodded along to his suggestions and they continued eating, with occasional things spoken in between bites.

 

“Sehun, say ah.”

 

Baekhyun looked up when he heard Luhan said that and he sighed dreamily when Luhan fed Sehun some of his food while the younger just accepted with a wide smile. Luhan then wiped the corner of Sehun's mouth with his thumb before his thumb after, making Baekhyun smiled even wider. Both Sehun and Luhan were so sweet to each other and Baekhyun wanted to do that too. He blinked once when he realized that he could actually do it.

Chanyeol was startled when Baekhyun suddenly looked up at him with very bright and hopeful eyes, his lips pursed into what could be considered a cute pout. Chanyeol knew exactly what the smaller wanted because Luhan and Sehun weren’t actually being discreet just now. And judging by Baekhyun’s action now, he obviously wanted to do the same.

 

“No, I can feed myself, thank you.”

 

Baekhyun pouted at the rejection and played around with his food before he turned to Kyungsoo, which was seated on his right. “Babysoo, say ah.” Baekhyun beamed sweetly and he was sure Jongin choked on his food when he heard Baekhyun say that. Baekhyun inwardly smirked because this just proved that Jongin maybe was attracted to Kyungsoo after all.

However, before Baekhyun could feed his spoon into Kyungsoo’s mouth, his wrist was held by someone. He followed the hand up to the long arm and straight to Chanyeol’s face, raising his eyebrow at him. Sehun, Luhan and Jongin had very much expected the thing to happen because they knew Chanyeol better than the taller knew himself, and they were already anticipating the scene that unfolded in front of them while snickering at the tallest man there.

 

“What?”

 

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow and looked at the giant, whose eyes were darting and wandering around, looking almost like he was trying to come up with an answer. Baekhyun just squinted his eyes at the taller’s actions and huffed in annoyance. “What is it, Park Chanyeol?”

 

“Feed me.”

 

Baekhyun squinted his eyes at that husband of his; not knowing what to make of this. Is he jealous? But he doesn’t like me, why would he feel jealous? Or.. does he? Baekhyun hid his smirk and looked at Chanyeol with an unamused face. “Didn’t you just say that you can feed yourself?”

Chanyeol swore he heard Jongin and Luhan snickering at him while Sehun mumbled a ‘he’s embarrassing’ under his breath but he ignored them all and just grunted at Baekhyun. “You wanted to feed me just now, so just do it.”

Baekhyun couldn’t hide his smile anymore so he beamed bright and did what he wanted, which was feeding Chanyeol, not realizing the smile that had fallen from Kyungsoo’s face, though the singer quickly covered it with eating his own food. “You’re hopeless.” Sehun snickered and Chanyeol just flicked his spoon at the blonde guy, successfully flicking some of his soup at him and it would have been a food fight if Luhan didn’t hold back Sehun.

 

Jongin sighed as he watched the childish brats (he was one too, but he wouldn't admit it) that he called friends. Jongin couldn’t help but to look at Kyungsoo, who was now back to eating. He noticed that Kyungsoo was still a little bit silent and he was only comfortable to break out into long conversation with Baekhyun, maybe because he was still not used to the others.

The tanned man sighed as he saw Baekhyun feeding Chanyeol once again, frustrated over the fact that he was being among this sickeningly sweet couples when he was single. Jongin was busy self-pitying when suddenly there’s some food being added more to his bowl by the person in front of him. He looked up in shock and saw Kyungsoo smiling at him, “Try that. It’s really delicious.”

Jongin looked at Kyungsoo dazedly before he broke out into a smile, nodding his head as he ate. Well, looked like he might have someone to feed him too, soon.

 

 

But still, Jongin saw how Kyungsoo tried hard to maintain the smile on his face as Baekhyun kept on paying attention to Chanyeol. So, Jongin called Kyungsoo softly, engaging the guy into a conversation because he would do anything to make Kyungsoo look at only him.

 

Only him.

 

---

 

Chanyeol groaned as he rolled around on the bed, feeling like something was missing. He reached his hands to the spot beside him when he noticed that there was no weight on his chest at this time, when usually Baekhyun would already moved to snuggle close to him at this time in the night. He blindly grasped the spot beside him, only to feel soft and cold sheets under his hands. He abruptly opened his eyes when he finally discerned the fact that Baekhyun was not sleeping beside him and the sheet had turned cold, meaning that he was not there for a while already.

Chanyeol rubbed his eyes with his hands as he sat up, focusing his eyes to search around the dark room. He was sure that after their dinner and after a movie in the living room earlier, Baekhyun had followed him inside the room and they had fallen asleep together. He frowned when he couldn't find Baekhyun there and got off the bed, peeking his head inside the bathroom but still, there was no Baekhyun.

Feeling slightly worried at the sudden disappearance of Baekhyun – it was 2 in the morning anyway – he went out of his room and searched around the living room and kitchen, sighing heavily when Baekhyun wasn’t there. He then noticed the sliding door to the balcony was slightly ajar and he just knew that Baekhyun was the one who opened it. He slowly made his way to the balcony and his eyebrows were furrowed when there was no one there.

 

“Where the is he?”

 

Chanyeol growled low in his throat and feeling extremely worried now and the fact that Baekhyun was an extremely clumsy person didn't sit well with Chanyeol. Looking straight to the beach since he was in the balcony, Chanyeol rubbed his eyes once again when he thought he saw someone by the shore. He shook his head in a disapproving manner when he was sure that it was Baekhyun, sitting with his arms wrapped around his knees as he looked at the sea.

The giant went out the door and made his way to Baekhyun, realising that it was really dark and he couldn't even see the sea but the waves sounded very loud from where they were now – though Chanyeol could tell that they were far away from the water. Baekhyun didn't even notice Chanyeol coming from behind him so Chanyeol sat down beside the latter silently, not wanting him to be startled by his presence.

It was pointless though, since Baekhyun still jumped in surprise at Chanyeol and his hand clutched on his chest, looking at Chanyeol with wide eyes. “Oh my, Chanyeol, you surprised me!” Chanyeol just rolled his eyes at that and pulled his knees to his chest and wrapped his arms around them, looking at the dark sea and noticing how bright the stars were. It was a shame that they lived in a place that were full of tall buildings and lights that they couldn't enjoy these natural beauty anymore.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

Chanyeol shivered as he now felt himself being cold, with the harsh sea breeze blowing since it was late into the night. He silently cursed himself for forgetting his jacket, instead he just came out with his short sleeved shirt. He frowned when he remembered that Baekhyun was there much longer than him – surely the latter would feel even colder than him.

 

“How long have you been here anyway?”

 

Baekhyun chuckled slightly at Chanyeol’s frowning face and shrugged his shoulders once, “Not so long. I guess I have slept enough already today, that’s why I can't sleep now.” They fell into a comfortable silence after that and Baekhyun was glad for it. It was nice; just sitting there while looking at the vast expanse of the sea and sky, which were littered with little shining stars. It was comforting.

 

“I miss him.”

 

Chanyeol broke out of his stupor when Baekhyun’s soft voice rang through his ears. He dared a look towards Baekhyun and noticed that the man had a faraway look on his face, longing and yearning were clearly apparent also. Chanyeol didn't know what to say, so he just turned his gaze away from Baekhyun and just hummed in reply. It seemed like Baekhyun didn't need answers anyway because he had talked again.


“It was hard at first; losing someone who was so dear to you, the one that you depend on the most. I was just trying to get a grasp on how this world works, but then, the one who would be teaching me all of that had left me. It was really hard.”

 

Chanyeol knew that he couldn't say anything to those, because he was not in Baekhyun’s shoes. He never had experienced a loss of someone so dear to his heart and he wished he didn't have to feel that soon. He glanced at Baekhyun and he somewhat felt relieved that Baekhyun was not crying, instead he just had this one blank look on his face – like he just needed to let it all out of his system.

 

“But no matter how hard it was for me, I know that it was even harder for eomma. She had lost her husband, the love of his life and with me being so lifeless, it was like she almost lost me too. And she tried really hard to make things go well for both of us, she tried really hard to stay strong for us. And that was what that makes me respect her so much.”

 

Chanyeol nodded in understanding and agreement, because he himself wasn't sure if he could ever be that strong if it happened to him. And to think that now, the beautiful lady that Baekhyun called eomma was fighting against a cancer by herself – Chanyeol really was stunned by her strength. Though Chanyeol didn't really agree with her about it being a secret from Baekhyun, he still respected her decision though.

 

“I almost never see eomma crying because of appa. And as much I admire her for being so strong, it was also what made me regret it so much because if anything, it was me who should be strong. It was me who should protect her. I should’ve done better than moping around.”

 

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun and he saw how Baekhyun’s face was painted with regret and remorse, and also despondent. It was clear that he was disappointed with himself and Chanyeol somehow didn't like how Baekhyun was beating himself over it. It was not his fault, he was just a kid and it was okay for him react like how he did back then. It was normal for him to be like that and everyone knew that.

 

But obviously, Baekhyun didn't.

 

“You know what, your mother is the strongest woman that I’ve ever met. Even though I don't really know her, but I see how she stays smiling, even after what she had been through. And that’s very admirable.”

 

Baekhyun turned to Chanyeol, astounded with how soft Chanyeol was speaking and how honest he was being. Baekhyun couldn't hide the smile that appeared on his face as he heard how Chanyeol respect and appreciate his mother too. It brought warmth to his chest and Baekhyun liked it so much.

 

“And you are too.”

 

Baekhyun blinked in shock after Chanyeol had said the words. He gulped when Chanyeol turned to look at him with his soft gaze, his almond eyes staring straight into Baekhyun’s droopy ones. Baekhyun felt his heartbeats started to accelerate as Chanyeol’s gaze stayed unfaltered.

 

“You are strong too, Baekhyun. You were just a kid, so it’s understandable why you reacted how you did. You shouldn't act like you’re strong, nor did your mother but that’s how mothers are, they just want the best for us, they will do anything to make us happy. Moreover single mothers, like how eomma protected you.”

 

And I believe that’s why she is hiding her disease from you, so I hope you understand, Baekhyun.

 

“You shouldn't regret it, Baek. Instead, you need to focus on how to repay your mother now and make her happy.”

 

Baekhyun didn't realize how he longed to hear those words, to know that he was not being unfair to his mother, to know that he was not in fault to dump every burden on his mother. He didn't realize how he needed to hear those until Chanyeol said it to him, which had left him chukling in relief until a sob came out of his mouth and ended up in a full blown cry as he planted his face on his knees. He let out all the tears that he had held back, letting them flow down freely, relishing on the light feeling he was feeling in his heart right now.

Baekhyun stiffened for a moment when he felt himself was dragged into a warm embrace but he soon relaxed when he smelled the familiar scent that had lulled him to sleep recently. He inhaled deeply and pressed against Chanyeol’s body more, feeling grateful when the taller rubbed up and down his spine, letting Baekhyun leaning on him for support.

 

Both figuratively and literally.

 

“This is the second time you are watching me having a breakdown.”

 

Chanyeol chuckled at Baekhyun’s first words after he had calmed down and his mind drifted back into the time when Baekhyun was driving earlier. He took a deep breath and just hummed, running his fingers through Baekhyun’s soft locks, “I don't mind seeing more. You know now where to go if you feel like to.”

Baekhyun felt his heart flutter at Chanyeol’s words and he clutched on Chanyeol’s shirt harder, feeling extremely overwhelmed with what Chanyeol had said. Baekhyun closed his eyes tightly when the realisation had finally hit him like a truck –

 

Under the stars and moon, accompanied by the sound of waves crashing the shore, Baekhyun had realized that his ‘like’ for Chanyeol had now turned into ‘love’.

 

 

Park Baekhyun loved Park Chanyeol.

 

 

And Baekhyun pressed closer to Chanyeol’s warmth with the realisation of his newfound love, hoping that maybe one day, Chanyeol would feel the same and he would reciprocate Baekhyun’s love.

 

 

 

Maybe one day.

 

 


 

Nothing really happened in here so it's more like a filler chapter? hehe

i know i make sekai entering the uni alongside chanyeol so they are like all the same age, but it's weird to not make them call baekhyun 'hyung', so yeah

and chanbaek won the wgm poll by koreaboo on twitter, i need them on wgm for real /sigh