Do Kyungsoo

Be My Husband

Thanks for subscribing and reading this fic :))


 

"My name is Do Kyungsoo. Yours?"

 

It was a futile attempt. No matter what he did, the new boy wouldn't budge and wouldn't even talk. It had been a week after the small boy transferred to his school, but not even once Kyungsoo had seen him talked. Everyone tried to make him talk - the teachers and their classmates had all tried to, but no one succeeded in doing so. Their teacher said that the new boy didn't talk maybe because the poor boy was still in shock. Well, he just lost his father afterall. Ah, so he's the same as me. I dont have my parents too - was what Kyungsoo thought when he acknowledged that. 

And after trying for so long, everyone had given up, deciding to just leave the boy alone. 

 

But not Kyungsoo. 

 

Kyungsoo was determined to make the boy talk. The boy was really pretty and he looked so fragile. The moment Kyungsoo saw him walk through the door, Kyungsoo had been in awe because the boy looked so beautiful, just like Kyungsoo's late mother looked in the pictures. And Kyungsoo was also curious about how the boy would look when he smiled, thus it became a mission for Kyungsoo to pull out a smile from him. 

 

Besides, Kyungsoo was a superhero.

Superheroes had mission.

 

And his mission was Byun Baekhyun.

 

---

 

Kyungsoo sat down beside the boy, who was just staring at their friends playing. Kyungsoo noticed that the boy was startled for a while, but he quickly schooled his face into neutral again, staring past the boys playing football into the space. 

Kyungsoo took a deep breath and tried to put on his heart-shaped smile that had everyone gushing about, "Hey, Baekhyun." Kyungsoo waited for a reply but he knew by now to not be so hopeful. So he just shrugged and looked at their friends playing, leaving them in a comfortable silence. Kyungsoo was thankful enough that Baekhyun didn't run away or leave him alone there. 

After maybe 15 minutes later and after one of their friends had managed to score a goal, Kyungso decided that he should try again. So, without even looking at Baekhyun, he tried to act as casually as he could and started talking about random things. 

 

"Why don't you join them?"

 

Nothing.

 

"Hm, so do you like to sing? I really love to, I even want to be a singer when we grow up."

 

Nothing at all. 

 

"Baekhyun-ah, do you like pizza? My aunt always orders pizza whenever I got the top rank in the class as a reward. They're delicious." 

 

Cue the cricket sound.

 

Kyungsoo was dumbfounded, and also a bit stupefied. Even when Baekhyun was just beside him, but he felt like he was talking to thin air or talking to a ghost. Though he was the one who volunteered to do this, but it didnt hurt any less.

 

But Baekhyun is my mission, so I will never fail my first mission.

 

"I heard that you just lost your father. My condolence." 

 

Baekhyun snapped his face towards Kyungsoo so fast that Kyungsoo was afraid that he'd get whiplash. It was the first that Baekhyun had reacted to him, but he couldn't really rejoice because right after what he said, Baekhyun had teared up so fast and stood up, hugging himself as to protect him from Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo also stood up in panic, afraid that he would steer the boy further instead of becoming closer to him. So, he just blurted out the thing that he thought would make the new boy relaxed.

 

"I have lost my parents too."

 

Baekhyun looked at Kyungsoo in shock at his statement, but Kyungsoo could see that the boy was still wary of him. So Kyungsoo offered him a small smile, "I don't have my mom and my dad anymore. I live with my aunt and uncle, they're my parents now." Kyungsoo sat down again, hoping that Baekhyun wouldn't run away and he smiled a bit when Baekhyun sat back down slowly, looking interested with his story.

 

"I don't remember, but my aunt said that we were in a car accident. I was okay but my parents couldn't make it. "Kyungsoo was startled when Baekhyun grabbed his hand and rubbed comforting circles on the back of his hand before retracting his hands away just as quick. Kyungsoo smiled when the shock passed and he wiped his unshed tears before they could fall. Kyungsoo hit himself in his mind, because he was not there to tell about his sad story, he was there to make Baekhyun smile. That's it.

 

"But I didn't cry, because my aunt said that if I cried, my parents won't be happy in the heaven. And I need to keep smiling if I want to make them happy up there." 

 

Baekhyun looked at Kyungsoo with shock in his eyes before his eyes wandered everywhere, seemingly deep in his thinking. But his eyes once again fell on Kyungsoo and he fiddled with the hem of his shirt, "S-So.. my d-dad.. won't be h-happy.. if I'm.. n-not happy?" Kyungsoo's breath was caught up in his throat when he heard the soft whisper of Baekhyun's voice - though it was really really soft, but Kyungsoo still heard it.

 

His smile widened at the improvement before he quickly schooled his face into serious expression once again, wanting to convince Baekhyun of his words. "Yes, that's why I need to be happy always and keep on living my life like usual. I want my parents to be happy up there." Kyungsoo put a hand on Baekhyun's shoulder and offered him a comforting smile, "You should do the same too, Baekhyun."

 

 

It was enough for Kyungsoo when he got a small smile in return.

 

---

 

Kyungsoo kinda regretted doing it. He regretted going to Byun Baekhyun and befriend him, urging him to talk and be himself again because a month after he talked some sense into Baekhyun's head, the latter had started to talk to him nonstop and he didnt even stop smiling (the smile that got Kyungsoo feeling so happy, though he didnt know why). It was now became borderline annoying at how Baekhyun would chirped way too loud, even in the early morning and how he would crack jokes with almost everyone. It was fine, really, but it wasn't when Kyungsoo was the one that Baekhyun making fun of - though he knew Baekhyun meant no harm.

 

Yeah, he kinda regretted his actions now.

 

No, he's not. In fact, he's really proud of it!

 

They were now in 4th grade and Kyungsoo could only watch with proud at how Baekhyun had fought his way out of his grieve and sadness, becoming the cheerful and playful Baekhyun now. It was surreal to think that the quiet new boy before could be the school's sunshine now, the one who brightened up everyone's days with his corny jokes and tinkling, loud laugh. When everyone asked Baekhyun how could he be happy all the time, he would sneak a glance to Kyungsoo before answering their questions with a wide smile.

 

"Because I want to make my late father and everyone happy."

 

Kyungsoo could only watch with a swell of proud in his chest when Baekhyun winked at him, showing him how Kyungsoo was the one that managed to put those bright smiles on Baekhyun's face. 

 

---

 

Kyungsoo didn't know that he liked Baekhyun. 

 

Well, he was seven when he first saw Baekhyun walking through the door of their classroom. Kyungsoo remembered that the first word that crossed his mind at the time was 'beautiful'. He also remembered feeling his heart beat faster at the sight of Baekhyun but he didn't know why. The seven years old him just shrugged it off as an excitement of getting a new friend.

Kyungsoo didn't know too why he was so hell bent to opening up Baekhyun's heart before, but one thing he knew, he wanted to make Baekhyun talk and smile, to hear his voice and his laugh. That was why he didn't give up and kept on trying. And it was totally worth it because he still could remember how his breath was caught up in his throat and how the excitement rushed through his body when he heard Baekhyun's soft voice, though it was very soft.

 

But of course, the thought of him liking Baekhyun didn't even cross his mind, because he was only seven. 

 

Seven.

 

And throughout the years they grew up together, Kyungsoo had always been smitten with Byun Baekhyun. 

 

Kyungsoo himself knew that it was a tough task to make himself laugh - because Kyungsoo came to know what was funny and what was not, what was useful and what was useless. He could differentiate all of that, that's why he had this indifference aura all around him - his friends kept on making unfunny jokes anyway. But of course, when Baekhyun said something simple, something along the line - "That cloud takes the shape of " - could make him crack his tough mask, though with a simple quirk of the corner of his mouth.

Kyungsoo also couldn't comprehend why his heart started to beat faster whenever he saw Baekhyun smiled, laughed, cried, sneezed, snorted - Baekhyun in general. He thought it was natural to feel those feelings when he saw his friends, but Kyungsoo was sure he didn't feel his heart beat fast when he saw Minhyuk laughed nor when he saw Woohyun smiled. It was only with Baekhyun, and Baekhyun only.

They had their fair share of arguments throughout the years - what's a friendship if there's no misunderstanding, right? But of course, we could already know who would be the first to apologize between the two of them. Yep, definitely not Byun Baekhyun! Kyungsoo just couldn't stand being away from Baekhyun - he couldn't even stand a half an hour away from Baekhyun - thus the reason why he would be the first to succumb and apologized. Baekhyun had never been the first as he surprisingly had a lot of patience (and ego, of course) in his small body. That was a very interesting trait of the pretty boy.

 

So yeah, even when they were in middle school, Kyungsoo still didn't realise that he liked Baekhyun.

 

---

 

Kyungsoo finally noticed he was in like with Baekhyun when they entered their high school.

 

They were both at their desks, which of course were beside each other. They were just comfortably talking about nothing and everything - Kyungsoo didn't know how they still have things to talk about when they practically talk to each other everyday. But no, he's not complaining.

It was then their homeroom teacher came in, a boy with a cat-like grin following close behind her. "Say hi to Jongdae, guys. He's a new student who just came from L.A. and he will join us in this class, starting from today." Kyungsoo didn't know why, but when the new boy introduced himself and directed his beautiful, chesire cat grin towards the class (where almost everyone swoon from its impact, except Kyungsoo), Kyungsoo knew that something bad would happen. He just couldnt shake off the ominous feeling that had been creeping inside his heart. 

 

And it was true because not even after a minute the new boy sat down - which was in the empty seat in front of Baekhyun, Kyungsoo could feel a tight grip on his arm which managed to make him wince slightly. He snapped his head and shot a glare towards Baekhyun, wanting to reprimand him but Baekhyun just looked at him with hearts in his eyes and mouthed a 'He's so handsome!!!!' 

 

Well, it was not the first time Kyungsoo had seen Baekhyun squealing over guys. Baekhyun had many crushes - their seniors when they were in middle school, their handsome and young P.E teacher, the guy who worked at the bookstore they frequently went to - any guy who was good looking and handsome would be fawned over by Baekhyun.

That was why Kyungsoo just rolled his eyes at the guy and let him crushing on the new student. Kyungsoo was sure that it would not last a week anyway.

 

But yeah, it lasted. 

 

For a whole week.

Which turned into three weeks.

And a month and a half.

 

And it didn't seem like this one crush would go away.

 

 

"Hey Soo, today.. Jongdae asked me to be his boyfriend."

 

Crack!

 

"What did you answer him?"

 

"I want to ask you first. Because you are my bestfriend, and I want to confide you in every matter. Including things like this."

 

Double crack!

 

"Whatever makes you happy, Baek. I'll always be with you, no matter what your decision is."

 

"Awww thanks, Soo. You are the bestestestestest friend ever!"

 

Triple crack!

 

 

That was when Kyungsoo realised that he was in like with Baekhyun.

 

And boy, it hurt so much that Kyungsoo couldn't even express how he felt at that time.

 

 

 

It went on for two months - Jongdae being there on the bus as they went to school, Jongdae added at their table during breaks and lunches, Jongdae presented himself at their usual sleepovers and picnic dates - Jongdae here and there.

Kyungsoo was tortured, yes. Kyungsoo was suffering, yes. But he couldn't really hate Jongdae even though Jongdae got to do things that Kyungsoo had longed to do with Baekhyun. Because Jongdae was an angel - he's kind, handsome, got a nice voice, their friends like him, even teachers and the staffs including janitors liked the guy - he's perfect! 

And Kyungsoo liked him too. 

Surprisingly, Jongdae had a lot in common with Baekhyun and Kyungsoo. They all liked to sing and the BaekChen couple were both trolls, making jokes on each other or making fun of other people together (of course, Kyungsoo was the main victim.). Even though the two were dating, the fact often slipped Kyungsoo's mind because they never left him out and it always looked like they were three bffs that couldn't be separated.

But of course, the true bff would still be the duo BaekSoo.

That was why Kyungsoo thought that it was alright for Baekhyun to date Jongdae, though it sometimes made Kyungsoo felt the twist in his gut and his heart kept aching in pain when Baekhyun and Jongdae decided to do all those couple-y stuffs (feeding each other, sitting close and giggling at every one minute) in front of him.

 

 

 

"Jongdae kissed me. He took my first kiss, Kyungie."

 

Kyungsoo felt like the air had been punched out of his lungs when Baekhyun told him that. It was a promise between them - to tell each other when they had lost their first kiss and Baekhyun now had experienced that. Sadly, not with Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo could feel the tears b at his eyes but he quickly wiped the tears away and faked a big smile for Baekhyun, hoping that he wouldn't see through his facade.

And Baekhyun was too happy to realise that his bestfriend was hurting. 

 

 

 

"We broke up."

 

Kyungsoo looked up from his lunch with wide eyes, gaping as Baekhyun announced it casually, not even a single tear shed or all those heartbreakings moments. "W-What? Why?!" Kyungsoo wasn't that evil to be happy over someone's misery but still, he could feel his hear bloomed in hope, seeing how he now had a chance to be Baekhyun's boyfriend. However, his priority now was Baekhyun so he held back the need to confess.

 

Wouldn't want Baekhyun to freak out on me.

 

"Well, we are just not suited to be boyfriends, I guess. Besides, Jongdae is like the third member of our BFF club so that's it, we came to an agreement to just stay as friends."

 

Kyungsoo was flabbergasted to know that and he somehow felt disappointed at Baekhyun's words. Then does it mean, I also don't stand a chance to be his boyfriend? Kyungsoo shook his thoughts away and studied Baekhyun's behaviour for a while and he sighed in relief when he saw that Baekhyun truly weren't that affected by his first break-up.

They were eating in silence before they were interrupted by Jongdae, without a sweat seating at his usual seat beside Baekhyun and took out his lunchbox to eat. "Hey Soo, Hey Baek." Kyungsoo choked on his food at that - not because of Jongdae's presence, but it was because Jongdae had casually leaned in and pecked Baekhyun on his mouth.

 

"What the heck?? Didn't you guys break up already?" Kyungsoo shouted after he had gulped down almost half of the glass to will his coughs away. He looked in bewilderment at the two grinning puppies in front of him and he almost thought that they had lied to him about the break up. But, it totally wasn't a lie when Jongdae shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly to answer Kyungsoo's question.

 

"Well, that's how we greet people back in L.A. I just don't practice it here because of the obvious culture difference - like how you just reacted - but since Baekhyun was my boyfriend and we are used to kissing each other, I think it's fine."

 

Kyungsoo opened his mouth to say something but he couldn't. He was left gaping at Jongdae and he was sure he looked like an utter fool but he was really in a daze, still trying to comprehend Jongdae's logic. He was still trying to calm himself when Jongdae once again spoke up.

 

"On second thought, I should kiss you too since you guys are the closest friends that I have, my bestest friends! And we should make it into our tradition. Yeah."

 

Kyungsoo didn't think that his eyes could get even wider that they already were but it was proven that they really could. Kyungsoo was sure his eyes almost bulged out of their sockets when Jongdae leaned over the table and kissed Kyungsoo on his lips, releasing with a loud 'smack' sound and leaving Kyungsoo dumbfounded there, as Baekhyun and Jongdae cackling and laughing their assess off at Kyungsoo's priceless reaction.

 

"M-My... first.. k-kiss..."

 

"Looks like we lost our first kisses to the same person, Kyungsoo-ah! Isn't that wonderful?!"

 

 

And true to Jongdae's words, it really became a tradition for them - where Jongdae would greet them casually with kisses, no matter if it's on their cheeks or temples or on their noses or even lips. Kyungsoo first was freaked out a lot at these sudden kisses that Jongdae would sneak on him, but he gradually accepted the fact that he got one weird friend who liked to kiss him and Baekhyun, so he just accepted the kisses with open arms.

 

Kyungsoo was actually kind of sad that the tradition only applied to Jongdae kissing them, because he was totally hoping to kiss Baekhyun.

 

But he could just dream on.

 

 

---

 

 

It was heartbreaking when the two of them had to part ways with Jongdae after their graduation, since the latter had to go back to L.A. Kyungsoo remembered having Baekhyun in his arms as the brunette cried and cried again when Jongdae left, Kyungsoo also shedding one or two tears. But they all promised to still stay in contact and that was the last of them meeting Jongdae.

 

That was why there was only the two of them going to their university, majoring in Music. If Jongdae was also there with them, Kyungsoo was sure that it would become even noisier, but having Baekhyun alone was as noisy as it was.

 

And Jongdae was also the one and only serious relationship that Baekhyun had, even though he still had a crush on every other handsome men after that. But that was it, Baekhyun just having fun changing his crushes every week, squealing over whoever that had caught his eyes on that week before roaming his eyes on different person the next week.

 

Thus the reason why Kyungsoo didn't sweat it when Baekhyun had a crush on Chanyeol.

 

Oh, how wrong he was.

 

---

 

Kyungsoo let out a scoff. He was now back to the time again - where he thought Baekhyun's crush on Jongdae would be over, but it didn't. The same happened in Chanyeol's case, but the problem was even after 2 years and 6 months, Baekhyun was still holding on his crush on Park Chanyeol.

 

It hurt Kyungsoo when Baekhyun kept fanboying over the tall guy, but he managed to calm himself with the thought of it wouldn't last long, that Baekhyun would get over him soon. But apparently, that was not the case. 

 

Because now, Baekhyun would get married with the Park Chanyeol. 

 

 

 

 

"You're here again."

 

Kyungsoo jumped a bit at the sudden voice. He had spent most of his time at the music room since he knew that Baekhyun was going to marry Chanyeol. He didn't want to think that he's avoiding Baekhyun, but it actually was the exact thing he was doing. He knew that it wasn't fair to Baekhyun, to suddenly cast the brunette away but Kyungsoo really didn't know what would happen if he spent the time with Baekhyun and hearing his bestfriend talking about the tall oaf that he now considered as enemy.

Kyungsoo did his best to avoid going back with Baekhyun, choosing to spend his time after classes in the music room. It was a right thing to do, since Baekhyun now seemed to focus more on his wedding. Kyungsoo just had to be away and he chose the place that he could relax the most; the music room. He could sing with all his might, relieving his tension through singing and no one was there to judge him or to interrupt him. 

 

Except the voice that had greeted him just now. 

 

Kyungsoo looked at the door and his eyebrows furrowed when he saw a tall man with tanned skin leaning at the doorframe, looking at him with a small uplifting at the corner of his mouth - Kim Jongin. Kyungsoo didn't say anything because he was still thinking about the guy's words just now. I'm here again? What does that mean? He knows that I always come here?

He watched as the man entered the room and walked towards him as he closed the door behind him. Kyungsoo blinked as Jongin took the seat beside him and decided to stare at Kyungsoo, still with the small smile. Kyungsoo was not used to people staring him because staring and judging people was what he used to do. So, to receive such intense stare managed to make him squirm in his seat.

 

"W-What?"

 

Jongin just let out a chuckle and shook his head, "Nothing. You're beautiful." Kyungsoo was taken aback by the sudden words, his eyebrows shot up till they were hid by his fringe and his eyes widened. Jongin laughed at his shocked face so Kyungsoo quickly frowned, glaring at the laughing male though his heart was still beating loudly. Jongin held up his hands in a surrender motion, slightly spooked with the way Kyungsoo glaring at him. Well, he had heard news about Kyungsoo's deathly glare and hits, so he didn't want to be one of those who received them.

 

"Sorry." 

 

Kyungsoo looked at Jongin with a frown on his face, still weird why would the guy suddenly came and disturbed his alone time. It didn't help  that Jongin was one of Chanyeol's clique, and if it was possible, Kyungsoo didn't want to associate with any one of them. "What are you doing here?" Kyungsoo asked with a distant voice, wanting to shoo the guy away and let him be alone again. 

 

"I'm practicing with Sehun for the dance showcase and I feel someone is in this room. So I thought I can swing by for a while." Jongin shrugged and he drummed his fingers on his thigh, looking around the music room where music students usually use. His gaze fell again on Kyungsoo and he smiled a bit, "In fact, I've noticed you spend your time here most of the times. And after classes too. What are you doing here?"

Kyungsoo didn't like the mischievous glint in Jongin's eyes because the tanned man looked like he knew something about Kyungsoo that he shouldn't know. Kyungsoo averted his gaze away and schooled his face into an indifference expression, "I'm just practicing my vocal. What else?" Kyungsoo clenched his jaw when he heard Jongin let out a mocking chuckle at him, so he snapped his face to look at Jongin and indeed, the guy was smirking at him. 

 

"You're practicing your vocal or you are avoiding someone? Hm, Baekhyun maybe?"

 

Kyungsoo felt his blood boil at Jongin's question and he nearly screamed at the guy to go the out but he managed to calm himself at the last moment. He however gritted through his teeth, "What do you mean by that?"

Jongin tilted his head and he smirked before he stood up, stretching his aching body. "Ah, don't mind the things I said." Jongin looked down at Kyungsoo and offered him a sincere smile, "Come and watch the showcase. Besides, it's on the last day of this sem before the summer break. You surely will have fun." Jongin held up his index and middle fingers to salute Kyungsoo before he walked towards the door, leaving Kyungsoo there looking at him still with a frown on his face. 

 

"Oh, dont forget to bring Baekhyun along with you!"

 

Jongin shouted without looking back and soon, he went out of the room. Kyungsoo didn't realise that he was clenching his fists the whole time but only after Jogin went out, he did realise it. He was sure he left crescent marks on his palm from how tight he clenched his fists just now but that was not the thing that he was worried about. 

 

Instead, it was about what the hell did the crazy man had sprouted before?? He.. doesnt know anything, right? 

 

Or does he?

 

---

 

 

Kyungsoo rolled on his bed and stared at his phone which was in his hands, contemplating whether to text Baekhyun or not. It was not his intention to avoid the guy - he still replied to his texts and calls - but maybe he had overdone it because right now, even he himself was missing Baekhyun. Well, he couldn't help it since whenever he talked to Baekhyun, or even when he thought about the guy, the images of Baekhyun marrying the guy who was not Kyungsoo came to his mind and it made his heart ached. 

 

He was heartbroken. 

 

Kyungsoo took a deep breath and sat up on his bed, clutching the phone tightly in his hands as he made up his mind. He would contact Baekhyun and ended all this stuffy atmosphere between them right away. Kyungsoo had lost the chance to be Baekhyun's other half, he didn't want to lose Baekhyun altogether. So with that reminder etched in his mind, he tapped on his phone, hoping for the best.

 

To: Baekkie

Hey, Baek. Want to go to the dance showcase with me?

 

It was not even a minute after Kyungsoo sent the messade when his phone suddenly rang, a tone that he had specifically set to when Baekhyun called. He smiled and wasted no time in accepting the call, only to be met with Baekhyun's high pitched scream.

 

"You want to go with me??!! Seriously?!! Are you not mad at me anymore??"

 

Kyungsoo scrunched his eyebrows at Baekhyun's questions, scolding himself for being so obvious in avoiding Bakehyun that even the oblivious brunette could feel his avoidance. "What are you talking about, Byun Baek? I'm not mad at you at all. Why would I? And yes, I'm asking you to join me to the dance showcase."

 

"B-But.. you rarely replied to my texts and you don't really answer my calls these past few days."

 

Kyungsoo chuckled when he heard Baekhyun whining, knowing that the puppy must be pouting right now. He didn't know how he had managed to be away from this guy these days. "I'm sorry, I was just busy. Now, do you want to go with me?"

 

"What question is that?! Of course I'd go with you!"

 

Kyungsoo broke out into a laugh at Baekhyun's loud voice, "Okay then, I'll go to your house at 8 and then we'll go together. Alright?"

 

With a last goodbye from Baekhyun, Kyungsoo hang up and started picking out his clothes for the showcase later since it was already six in the evening. He took a quick shower and dressed up the best he could because after a few days not spending time with Baekhyun, he surely wanted to look the best. He couldn't wait to be with Baekhyun again. 

 

 

 

"Kyungsoo-ah!!"

 

Kyungsoo was lucky he managed to stay rooted to the ground when Baekhyun suddenly launched himself at Kyungsoo right after he opened the door. Kyungsoo chuckled when Baekhyun hugged him extremely tight, mumbling incoherent things against Kyungsoo's shoulder. Kyungsoo thought that maybe he should stay away from Baekhyun often so that he could get reactions like this always from the brunette. 

 

Stop wishing for the impossible, Do Kyungsoo. 

 

"I've missed you so much. Please, don't ignore my calls and texts again. Okay?"

 

Kyungsoo's thoughts were interrupted when Baekhyun pulled away from the hug to pout at him, his eyebrows scrunched cutely. Kyungsoo chuckled at that and nodded, "Okay, I promise. Now let's go, we're going to be late if we don't move now." Baekhyun nodded and shouted to his mother that they'd be going before he intertwined his hand with Kyungsoo and walked away to the bus stop together.

They were talking (more like Baekhyun was talking while Kyungsoo just listened attentively - well, he liked hearing Baekhyun's voice) and they were halfway to the bus stop when suddenly a white car pulled up beside them. Kyungsoo didn't know why, but he got a bad feeling from this because he was sure that he knew the car and his hunch was proven right when the window rolled down and Chanyeol's face came to sight. 

 

"Chanyeol?"

 

Kyungsoo turned to look at Baekhyun when the brunette looked at Chanyeol in disbelief. He then looked at Chanyeol and back at Baekhyun again, who was now gaping at the sight of the taller. Kyungsoo frowned when Chanyeol just looked at him with a bored face, before turning to Baekhyun and spouted a simple "Get in." before rolling up his tinted window again. Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow at Baekhyun, silently asking what was happening. 

 

"I.. I texted him just now, to come and fetch me. I was just joking. I dont.. I dont expect him to really come." Baekhyun answered distractedly, still trying to process what was happening. But he soon recovered from the shock and beamed at Kyungsoo, "But it's a good thing he's here, then. Come, Soo." And Baekhyun skipped around the car to enter the passenger seat. 

 

So, Chanyeol really comes to pick Baekhyun up? Willingly?

 

Kyungsoo snapped out of his thoughts when Chanyeol honked twice, as a sign for Kyungsoo to be faster. Kyungsoo scowled at that and entered the car, purposely slamming the door shut very hard, just to piss the giant more. He smirked when Chanyeol looked back to glare at him, looking like he'd kill Kyungsoo right there and then. Kyungsoo just raised his eyebrow mockingly, daring Chanyeol to say something but he was slightly shocked when Chanyeol glanced at Baekhyun (who was looking at them curiously) before glaring at Kyungsoo once again and turned around to drive.

 

He won't curse at me?

 

"Midget, put on your seatbelt."

 

Kyungsoo watched silently as the scene unfolded in front of him. Baekhyun was (cutely) staying still in his seat, just looking at Chanyeol with pursed lips and expectant eyes while Chanyeol looked like he was battling whether to strangle or kick Baekhyun. "Byun Baekhyun, your seatbelt." Kyungsoo heard Chanyeol groaned under his breath, his eyes sending daggers at Baekhyun. 

Kyungsoo himself was weirded out by Baekhyun's behaviour and he wanted to scoot forward to ask Baekhyun what was wrong with him but he halted when Chanyeol suddenly leaned over the gearshift and helped Baekhyun to put on his seatbelt, which the brunette just grinned widely and thanked the tallest with a peck on his cheek (though Kyungsoo was sure it was so close to the corner of Chanyeol's lips).

Kyungsoo's heart pounded loudly in his chest that he instinctively clutched at his chest, feeling the pain shot up through his body. He gulped the lump in his throat and tried hard to will the tears brimmed on his eyes away - because he had promised to not cry anymore. He felt the ache intensified that he needed to look away from Baekhyun and Chanyeol. So, he scooted closer to the window and looked outside the window for the whole journey, ignoring Baekhyun's delighted voice and Chanyeol's deep voice as he prayed for the pain in his heart to lessen.

 

But of course, it didn't. 

 

 

It was the longest (and most painful) ride ever Kyungsoo had experienced.

 

---

 

The three of them walked towards the main hall; Baekhyun being in between Chanyeol and Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo could still feel his mood dampened since the earlier incident and he was being extremely quiet. But then, Baekhyun suddenly wrapped his arm around Kyungsoo, making Kyungsoo glance at him and making his heart race. Baekhyun just beamed at Kyungsoo brightly, and that was all it took for Kyungsoo to crack a small smile again. 

 

He was trapped with Byun Baekhyun's love and there was no way out. 

 

Kyungsoo was doomed. 

 

 

 

 

"Faster, guys. You both are too slow." 

 

Baekhyun now had walked slightly ahead of Kyungsoo and Chanyeol, leaving the two in a very awkward silence and accompanied with subtle glares from both parties. Baekhyun however broke the tension by saying that he's too excited to watch the dance show, pouting over the fact that he couldn't dance. Kyungsoo chuckled at his words, "You can dance, Baek. You just don't want to since you sprain your ankle that one time." 

 

"Well, I'm traumatised by that one accident. I don't want to dance and sprain my ankle like that again." Baekhyun's frown deepened, shivering when he remembered how he was hurt and couldn't do anything at that time. Kyungsoo laughed and shook his head while looking at Baekhyun. Yet he wants to whine about how he can't dance. Sigh. Kyungsoo however saw Chanyeol from the corner of his eyes and noticed how the giant was frowning, his face darkened as Kyungsoo and Baekhyun kept on talking about their childhood memories. 

 

Kyungsoo couldn't hide his smirk as he studied the taller's expression. Well, looks like I still am above you, Park Chanyeol. I told you I was there with Baekhyun for all his life and no one can compete with that. 

 

Kyungsoo was pulled out of his reverie when he heard a loud yelp coming from Baekhyun, who (as usual) stumbled on his own feet and almost falling face first. Kyungsoo instinctively reached out his hand to save the brunette but before he could, Baekhyun had been held by Chanyeol, saving Baekhyun from planting his face first on the ground. 

 

"Can you please be a little more careful?! You are seriously giving me headache!"

 

Kyungsoo could just watch as Chanyeol reprimanded Baekhyun, the brunette just smiling sheepishly at the taller. Though his words were harsh, Kyungsoo however noticed how Chanyeol still hadn't retreat his hand from Baekhyun. In fact, his hand was still on the small of Baekhyun's back, almost as if he was protecting and guarding Baekhyun so that he wouldn't fall again.

 

Perhaps, he really likes.. No, no. He never even look at Baekhyun before.

 

But as he continued observing Chanyeol's actions, Kyungsoo didn't know what to say anymore.

 

---

 

"Waaaa, this is awesome!"

 

Kyungsoo smiled as he watched Baekhyun who took in the surrounding in amazement. The main hall was really spacious and big and rows of chairs were provided for the audiences for the 2-hour dance showcase. Almost half of the chairs were already filled but Baekhyun however still managed to snag three empty chairs for them to seat, which were miraculously, in the first row from the stage. Baekhyun was seated in the middle while Kyungsoo was on his left, and Chanyeol was on his right.

 

Soon after the hall filled with students and outsiders who wanted to watch too, the show was started with a group of freshmen, consisted of 6 students altogether. Kyungsoo was not the one to comment on dances, since he was a vocalist but judging from gasped and 'ooh's of others, he could tell that they did a very good job. Kyungsoo also found himself enjoying the showcase after two or three more groups performed.

 

"They are really amazing. I want to dance like them too." 

 

Kyungsoo wanted to reply to Baekhyun's words, but before he could, Chanyeol had beat him to it. "Short people can't dance like that." Kyungsoo felt his eyes twitch at Chanyeol's words and he turned to glare at the tall man but he was stopped when he saw Chanyeol smiled teasingly at Baekhyun, instead of his usual annoyed face.

 

"Yah, your limbs are too long that they'll surely flap if you dance!" 

 

Kyungsoo just observed as Baekhyun hit Chanyeol on his arm, which the latter just willingly accepted because Kyungsoo knew that they were only joking. 

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol playing around? Since... when?

 

The owl-eyed guy couldn't indulge in his thoughts when Baekhyun suddenly screamed out Jongin's and Sehun's names out loud when the emcee announced that they would be performing next. Kyungsoo leant back to his seat and watched the two tall men took their spots on the stage, looking down. 

The music started and Kyungsoo recognised it as a song from a top idol group - XOXO or EXO or whatever - entitled 'Lady Luck' if he was not mistaken. Kyungsoo felt his breath got caught up in his throat when Jongin looked up and started moving his body gracefully to the song.

Kyungsoo could hear Baekhyun's 'ooh's and 'waa's but it sounded so distant since Kyungsoo couldn't focus on anything except Jongin. He however noticed that Sehun continued his dance after Jongin had stopped before they both danced together when the chorus came.

He was in a trance as the two danced to similar moves but both had different feels to it - where Sehun had mysterious aura all around him while Jongin had that mischievous glint in his eyes, pulling people in with his gaze alone. They both were different but their differences completed each other and Kyungsoo couldn't help but to be awed by the duo. 

The small man didn't notice when did the duo pulled out the roses but they now had a blue rose each in their hands and both of them twirled once before ending the dance with their ending pose, chest heaving and sweat glistening on their skin.

Kyungsoo thought it was the end but then, the dancers stepped down the stages and went to the audìence, blue roses in hands. Kyungsoo watched as Sehun walked to the left side of the audience, straight to a guy with doe eyes five seats away from Kyungsoo, smiling charmingly as he gave the rose to the pretty guy.

His ears perked up when he heard Baekhyun's gleeful squeals and he turned his head to look at the brunette only to be stopped when a rose appeared in front of his face. Kyungsoo snapped his head up and saw Jongin staring at him, a cocky smile on his face.

 

"Stop staring and take it, Kyungsoo." Baekhyun whispered as he urged Kyungsoo to accept the rose, when Kyungsoo just sat there blinking in daze. Kyungsoo felt his heart beat faster when Jongin leaned down to whisper in his ears. 

 

"This rose symbolises the beginning of me courting you. I'll make you fall for me, Do Kyungsoo."

 

Kyungsoo's breath was uneven when he felt Jongin's hot breath whispering in his ear and Kyungsoo was sure he could feel Jongin's lips grazing his cheek slightly when he pulled away. The tanned man smirked at him once before he dumped the rose on Kyungsoo's lap and ran back to the stage with Sehun, ending their show with a bow.

 

The rest of the showcase went by in a blur for Kyungsoo, not even Baekhyun's voice could pull him out of his trance. Kyungsoo could only grip the rose tight in his hand, desperately hoping that his heart would calm down instead of threatening to burst in his chest. 

 

 


 

Andddd, this is what Kyungsoo had been feeling.

And of course, as you guys had expected, Jongin would come to the rescue ! [KAISOO FTW!!]

I had accidentally updated this chapter, while it was still unfinished  and I am so sorry for that. [forgive this noob author lol]

So yeah, enjoy :)))